Move Stealth Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rocks would be so much easier to remove than to use a risky move like defog"
exactly how is defog risky? Rapid spin buff on scizor would be kind of pointless since normal type gives no coverage and scizor has better things to do than spin. The little bit extra damage it would do doesn't make it better than defog

Gah. Is this really the right thread to say this? Whatever.

I don't like Defog. My strategies generally revolve around setting up dual screens, getting one of my sweepers in and then going 6-0. Defog removes that. Not to mention that as my team thrives on offensive pressure, and no users of it bar maybe Scizor fit as offense. (Scizor loses out its precious coverage anyhow if it does).

That's why Defog's 'risky', it can mess up your strategies as well. I've settled for using rapidspin Excadrill instead.

Hell, I haven't seen defog used more than a couple times in ou, and i've been playing gen 6 ou since the day XY was released. The only truly 'viable' defogger is Mandibuzz.

I don't like Defog. My strategies generally revolve around setting up dual screens, getting one of my sweepers in and then going 6-0. Defog removes that. Not to mention that as my team thrives on offensive pressure, and no users of it bar maybe Scizor fit as offense. (Scizor loses out its precious coverage anyhow if it does).

That's why Defog's 'risky', it can mess up your strategies as well. I've settled for using rapidspin Excadrill instead.

Hell, I haven't seen defog used more than a couple times in ou, and i've been playing gen 6 ou since the day XY was released. The only truly 'viable' defogger is Mandibuzz.
It is risky because many defoggers generally lose to offensive pressure and taunt.
It is much easier to defeat a spinblocker than to get in a defogger safely AND have a spare turn to use defog

Rocks will stay up if u use rapid spin. They wont if u use defog

Last edited:

I don't like Defog. My strategies generally revolve around setting up dual screens, getting one of my sweepers in and then going 6-0. Defog removes that.
Defog Doesn't Remove Your Screens.
It does how ever, remove your opponents.

It is risky because many defoggers generally lose to offensive pressure and taunt.
It is much easier to defeat a spinblocker than to get in a defogger safely AND have a spare turn to use defog

Rocks will stay up if u use rapid spin. They wont if u use defog
good spinblockers aren't generally easy to KO. You do lose momentum, fair enough but you do lose even more if your spinblocked. Also, offensive spinners are much more effective than defensive spinners this Gen. I've been using Life Orb hitmontop

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Should buff rapid spin to 60bp so that at least it poses a mild offensive presence - and putting it on scizor - imagine technician rapid spin! Rocks would be so much easier to remove than to use a risky move like defog
it'd be cool if rapid spin or defog were a tutor move in Z -- tutor moves almost always have good distribution

Rotosect

Banned deucer.

Stop right there because if you seriously consider "going for the 6-0" part of a healthy strategy then you need to start battling against more skilled players.

Honestly, my problem with Stealth Rock is because it deals different damage to different types, which automatically makes particular pokemon unviable. *cough**volcaronaanddragonite**cough* That's why I'm fine with Spikes, because it deals (relatively) equal damage to each pokemon.
Volcarona and Dragonite unviable? The usage statistics would disagree with you. Volc and D-nite were #30 and #17 last month, respectively.

Golurk was an interesting case for a Stealth Rock setter, in that being able to spinblocker at the same time. It's main drawback in that area was being susceptible to common offense of spinners, and Defog is a thing, so that niche might as well be considered short-lived.

Volcarona and Dragonite unviable? The usage statistics would disagree with you. Volc and D-nite were #30 and #17 last month, respectively.
I'm just making an example (hell, Dragonite's my favourite pokemon, and the ace of my team). What I'm saying is that a lot of pokemon automatically become less viable (particularly bug, flying, fire etc) just because of Stealth Rock, and that's kind of annoying. At least these days there's a bunch of rapid spinners and defoggers that can generally fit onto your team to alleviate that somewhat.

Stop right there because if you seriously consider "going for the 6-0" part of a healthy strategy then you need to start battling against more skilled players.
Yeah, that was a joke. Though getting 6-0 sweeps is nice. (Rare, though. Haven't had one for ages.) I was around 1700 on the OU ladder before the last reset. I doubt I got there by luck. Anyway, what I'm saying is that I use a lot of offensive setup sweepers. Also, does defog really just remove your opponents' screens? I distinctly remember magic bouncing one and it still removing my screens. Or that could just be my faulty memory, I guess.

Golurk was an interesting case for a Stealth Rock setter, in that being able to spinblocker at the same time. It's main drawback in that area was being susceptible to common offense of spinners, and Defog is a thing, so that niche might as well be considered short-lived.
Golurk was pretty cool! It was a spinblocker, SR setter and offensive tank all in one. I think I remember someone once talking about a theoretical Mega Golurk somewhere and to be honest that could've been pretty fuckin' great. But we can only hope to the fickle beast that is Game Freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)