StreetPKMN+Mimic Glitch server live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As you have probably heard the latest craze in theorymon is StreetPKMN (Pokemon without bans, rules, or clauses) with the moves allowed by the Mimic Glitch legal. The previous thread can be found here. Now we have a place to put this theorymon to the test. I have edited a set of PO database files to allow all Pokemon with Mimic to have access to all moves which they can get via the Mimic glitch. Captain has agreed to play host, and I've put together some tiers.

These metagames are effectively entirely unexplored territory, but in a sense are the most natural. It allows everything which you could obtain in the real games and places no limits. For those who wish to flirt with chaos but not get quite so involved, there is also a set of Mimic tiers which mirror the rulesets of standard metagames while allowing all of the movesets made possible by the Mimic glitch. Then there are three Challenge Cup tiers (Singles, Doubles, and Triples, all allowing any generation) for maximum unpredictability. I've even added the GSC equivalent. So lets see what we can find, what can break the metagame the most throughly!

In order to experiment you will need to download a second set of data files to your CaP folder. This will not prevent you from playing on a normal server, but you will need to switch between the files in order to make normal teams with any ease. First download the StreetPKMN database (below), then move the /Pokemon Online/db/ folder to somewhere else (remember where it is) and extract the downloaded file to /Pokemon Online/. Then close down PO and reopen it, check in teambuilder to see if early gen Pokemon get every move. If you want the normal teambuilder simply move the new database out and the old one in. You do not need to download this in order to play the Challenge Cup tiers, so come on over and mess about first!

StreetPKMN database download - Updated 23rd Feb with legality improvements

Please post your ideas and discoveries about any of the StreetPKMN or Mimic metagames here!

I have set up an IRC channel at #StPKMN on irc.synirc.net.

Beta Client update: Check Server Entry Text, Guide is on there as well.
We have a video explanation of how to play Street Pokemon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKSBGX4QcpE
Note that replacing the DB makes it so you can't use old movepools which is why we recommend you make a copy of it when you want normal movepools back.

Currently the servername is Street Pokemon, Street PKMN, Mimic Glitch StPKMN, or Minus Pokemon as they are all fine names. I don't think we have anyone copying us so just go for whatever's obvious. It would be nice if we'd know what the most obvious is to people using the registry on PO.

If the registry doesn't list it this might work through advanced connect:
IP: captainsmoddedserver.hopto.org or CreateAPokemon.servegame.com. Can make another one to reflect street pokemon server.
Port: 5080

So far we don't have missingno pokemon, but we'll get those soon.

Here is the staff so far:
owners: captain and ETE
moderators (in order of trustworthiness and permanence): Icehism, Chispy, Al_Alchemist, Banana Cream Pie.

Temporarily please report abuse (if we have any, we seem to be entirely clean) to my username board, Eric will probably be fine with that too. You could set up a group if you want but we're afraid it'll die. Obviously smogon mods have nothing to do with this.
Tiers we have:
Ultimate: You may use added pokemon and modded moves on the ultimate tiers but not anywhere else.
UltimatePKMN: If the server allows you to do it you can here.
Bullshit short: UltimatePKMN with sleep clause and a "short" banlist that eliminates some common threats. Banlist: Ditto, Espeon, Gengar, Groudon, Kyogre, Machamp, Ninjask, Sableye, Shedinja, Shuckle, Skarmory, Slaking, GotoArbys.
Street Pokemon:
DW streetPKMN: Anything allowed even dream world and soul dew. If the server can handle it you can use it on this ladder. No clauses. Gen 5.
Gen 5 streetPKMN: like the above without that unreleased/illegit stuff. If it's not obvious moderators should enforce legality here, if it's generally not happening you should inform me.
Gen 5 streetPKMN doubles: obvious imo
Gen 5 streetPKMN triples: Triples battles FTW
Gen 4 Street PKMN: Street pokemon for Gen 4.
Gen 4 Street PKMN Doubles: Doubles for gen 4, yay!
Gen 3 Street PKMN: Same supermovepool mentality.
Gen 3 Street PKMN Doubles: yay doubles again.
Gen 2 Street PKMN: because it isn't cool if it isn't GSC. Well ok, I apologize to everyone else.
1v1 Street PKMN: Nothing's better than only having to fight one pokemon. If the server allows you to do it, you can use it in 1v1.

Mimic: You can use the mimic glitch but we use sleep clause, species clause, and regular bans (well regular for now)
Gen 5 Mimic Ubers
Gen 5 Mimic OU
Gen 4 Mimic Ubers
Gen 4 Mimic OU
Gen 4 Mimic OU Doubles
Gen 3 Mimic Ubers
Gen 3 Mimic OU
Gen 2 Mimic Ubers
Gen 2 Mimic OU
Gen 5 Mimic LC
Gen 4 Mimic LC
1v1 Mimic

Random:
Challenge Cup
CC Doubles
CC Triples: it's the best metagame, don't disagree!

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Known issues:
- Legality is not correctly implemented for 4th/5th gens. I do have a plan which *should* fix it (or at least most of it), will see about implementing it over the next few days. For now it's a free-for-all, we're not going to police legality or ask you to work it out. - Other than Mimic Move+DW Ability being legal when it should not be, everything *should* be right. There may well be things I have missed, if you come across them then please report. Will see about fixing DW Ability+Mimic Move. For now please do not use these combinations when you are aware of them, and politely inform others using these combinations that they are not allowed, and may be punished if they continue.
- Gen 2 Glitchmons are not implemented. I should be able to add them as soon as Rising_Dusk makes the change to how generations are handled for the CaP server. More research would help since bulba's article is incomplete and lacking backsprites.
- Default tier is CC Triples. It's a pretty cool tier, but we'll switch it to a different one by messing with the scripts.
- Other scripting oddities (DW checks off, tourneys announcing twice). We're going to borrow Rising Dusk's version of the scripts when he's finished his initial round of improvements, and edit it to fit our tiers.

Not issues:
- Bans on impossible to obtain Pokemon/items in all but the Fully unrestricted StreetPKMN tier.

If you find something incorrect not on this list, please say and we'll do our best to sort it out.

eric the espeon

Just had my first proper game. Lessons learned: Kyogre's Water Spout is still amazing, and Shuckle is really really hard to kill with +6/+6 defenses, even if you prevent it from recovering or attacking.

Just had my first proper game. Lessons learned: Kyogre's Water Spout is still amazing, and Shuckle is really really hard to kill with +6/+6 defenses, even if you prevent it from recovering or attacking.
In Sandstorm 252/252 Careful Shuckle has over 3000 special defense at +6.

No shit.

I think we need a late night/early morning mod, I'm not going to stay up every day like this.

Also we got our first ban, some spammer, good thing (2:38 he started) I was awake to catch it.

I think we need a late night/early morning mod, I'm not going to stay up every day like this.

Also we got our first ban, some spammer, good thing (2:38 he started) I was awake to catch it.
Trolls know no boundaries!

Can't wait to try this out... tomorrow. It'll be a blast! :)

I saw a guy using heart swap/shell break ninjask combo'd with Skill Swap/ES/Drum/Sacred Fire/ Slaking, screw spore this is the most ridiculous thing ever.

Also I did a tiny script change that allowed the Full unrestricted Street PKMN tier to work properly because before it was blocking dream world stuff.

Hehe, I had built a Mimic OU team...and it crushed a Full Ubers Street team. Lum Berry Shell Smash T-Tar ripped through stuff, Extremespeed Snorlax picked off weak pokes, Spore/Gear Chance/BPass Metagross then set up for a Machamp sweep. Hilarious.

I made a separate file for Street Pokemon Online to save myself the trouble of constantly switching the db. Bulbasaur is now a beast.

Edit: Just out of curiosity. Would this glitch be done in 4th gen. games or 5th gen. games?

Haha, Ditto is the best evar here, with all the crazy set ups and all. And i don't even need any glitch for that!
Anyway, gotta try some nice movesets now. Too bad we have only a few people, but i hope this changes.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I made a separate file for Street Pokemon Online to save myself the trouble of constantly switching the db. Bulbasaur is now a beast.

Edit: Just out of curiosity. Would this glitch be done in 4th gen. games or 5th gen. games?
4th gen games. The only application of 5th gen is the one Sketch you can obtain through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)