Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've been talking to my friends and they all agreed to this, which would be a great idea!
When you click Active Battles and select the format for example ORAS-OU, it shows the list of active battles.
So my request is: can you add a button that shows the highest rating/ladder battles on top?
This way we don't have to look through the long list for battles with high ratings.
This should be easy and simple to code, also would be a great update!

Thanks!

Two suggestions is what I have though they were all probably all suggested already.

Suggestion One:
Let us choose our letter of Unown. Similar to Gastrodon's forms. Not really important but I guess it would be cool.

Suggestion Two:
This is has already been suggested a ton of times I'm assuming but add a friend system. Also as far as I know there is no suggestion such as /pnames <username>. This stands for previous names and would give us a list of previous names and when they were changed. The command name can be changed but I just thought it would be simple.
Edit One: Looked through other suggestions and saw that the friend system has already been suggested and is being worked on so ignore it...

Hello all!

So I know usage stats are calculated for each tier, which means that the system already registers all the pokemon that are used in each battle and stores this data somewhere. Could this be used to include a "Search for pokemon" option for replays? In my opinion this could lead to greater understanding on how each pokemon is and/or can be played.
Assume I've never used Heracross and want to learn how it fares: I can read the SmogonDex's analysis and get a vague idea of how it can be used, but at the moment if I want to look for replays featuring Heracross I can at best select the metagame I'm interested in and then click furiously on one replay after another scanning team previews and looking for Heracross. With a "Search for pokemon" option I could instead look for Heracross (or 214, whatever is handled better by a hypothetical search system) and then enjoy various replays of either Heracross or Mega Heracross.

What do you think? Is this feasible/possible?
So, still no opinions on this one?
Any opinion?

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
maybe add an /lb command that would break a link a user posts without the usage of warning and ruining modlong? usage would be /lb or /linkbreak username.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
maybe add an /lb command that would break a link a user posts without the usage of warning and ruining modlong? usage would be /lb or /linkbreak username.
Most of the times the person deserves to be warned over a linkbreak. Whether it's off-topic, a long link, or inappropriate, it's an offense that comes with a punishment

Also 1k post here apparently!

I play from different computers and to store my team data I need to generally keep the export txt on my dropbox folders.
Why not offer this feature? The dropbox and google drive has API for this. I think it would be cool and would not bring costs in data center.

Sorry for the english, was translate from google translate...

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I play from different computers and to store my team data I need to generally keep the export txt on my dropbox folders.
Why not offer this feature? The dropbox and google drive has API for this. I think it would be cool and would not bring costs in data center.

Sorry for the english, was translate from google translate...
merged your thread with the suggestions one

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Considering how /ms all returns:
"No search parameters other than 'all' were found. Try '/help movesearch' for more information on this command."

It would be good to do the same for /ds, considering /ds all returns every Pokemon's name, perhaps adding a response as in if there are no other parameters in /ds to return:
"No search parameters other than 'all' were found. Try '/help dexsearch' for more information on this command."

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agree with Ruby. . You can do /ms bp>-1 I guess, but /ms all is much more intuitive, especially for newer users.

Related to that, a suggestion of my own: somehow inform or indicate to users that regular bans aren't permanent or that they expire after server restart, after that user is banned: from experience I've come across more than one person who thought they were permanently banned when the ban had long expired

"You have 150 seconds to make your decision."

This message appear every single turn when someone turns timer on. And recently there are lot of rude players who turn the timer on before even picking pokemon they start with. Can something be done to make game more pleasant?

Here are few ideas. From most probable to least.
- Make timer work like now, but not display first message. Start at "You have 120 seconds to make your decision."
- Same as up here, but do not display first two messages. Start at "You have 90 seconds to make your decision."
- Reduce penalty for forfeiting when timer is up.
- Remove penalty for forfeiting when timer is up.
- Give other player (one who did not turned it on) option to disable timer for rest of battle.

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
there should be a button under options that allow me to enable gen5 sprites in the teambuilder

Can the timer going from 150 secs left to 60 secs left when you disconnect be removed? Like seriously why does this even exist? Theres lots of time where you disconnect and lose due to inactivity by the time you reconnect just because the timer fucking decreased from 150 secs to 60 secs, like thats not even enough time to reconnect. I've lost a lot of battles due to this. Every time I try to reconnect I lose due to inactivity while even if i got just 10secs more i could've successfully reconnected

EDIT: This is what i mean. My opp. here could've gotten more 90 secs more to reconnect but failed to do so due to the time decreasing

Last edited:
I was using Pokemon Showdown just now and thought to myself. Man, I wish there was a place that I could add some notes to this team Im building so I can remember why I put it together the way I did. I dont know what all would be required for this to be implemented but I think it would be a greatly contributing add on for us that like to keep a ton of teams in folders for whatever reason with some information attached to the team. If I need to clarify please dont hesitate to ask me. I love Pokemon Showdown!!! Keep up the great work guys!!!

Hello,
I'd like to suggest a Metagame, which i hope this is the right place for.
THe idea is relatively simple:

UnSTABmons: No Pokémon may use any move that has one of it's types.
E.g. starmies boltbeamcombo would still be usable, but scald, hydropump and psyshock would be forbidden.
i think a lot of Pokémon would need to rethink their optimal movesets and many might become unusable from being a rather good choice before.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello,
I'd like to suggest a Metagame, which i hope this is the right place for.
THe idea is relatively simple:

UnSTABmons: No Pokémon may use any move that has one of it's types.
E.g. starmies boltbeamcombo would still be usable, but scald, hydropump and psyshock would be forbidden.
i think a lot of Pokémon would need to rethink their optimal movesets and many might become unusable from being a rather good choice before.
OM suggestions should go here. However the submission thread is closed at the moment, so you'll have to wait until it's open again.

Is there any way Showdown is going to add a Multi-Battle mode? I would love it if there could be some 2v2 battles with a bunch of friends or random people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)