Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to suggest changing the Description of the Ability "Pickpocket".

Current description:
"If this Pokemon has no item, it steals an item off a Pokemon making contact"

As it stands, the description seems to imply the Ability also activates when the Pickpocket user uses a Contact move. However, it only activates when the Pickpocket user gets hit by a Contact move.

My suggestion:
"If this Pokemon has no item, it steals an item off a Pokemon that makes contact"

Not a big change, but it clearly differentiates attacking/getting attacked and would prevent future confusion.

On a related sidenote, the Ability also only works if the Pokemon survives the hit, unlike Thief which still steals an item even if it KO's the opposing Pokemon. Not sure if that's worth mentioning in the Description as well.

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
idk if this is possible but it would be nice if you could use hyperlinks in the room dropdown list so people can access the rules to specific rooms with out somebody having to share the link in the chat. even if you were just able to c/p it from there i think that would help

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right location to post this, but I'd like to just point out the lack of authority in the mentoring chat.
I'm there most of the time trying to help out people who are new to PS and the competitive scene(cool guy) in general.
The only problem that I ever see is that whenever there is someone who comes in to spam, be inappropriate, or just heckle other users there is hardly anyone around with the authority to tell them to please stop with whatever they are doing, and in the case of spammers stop them with a mute.
I realize this may seem a bit unnecessary to point out because I get that the normal ranked users in the room are busy with other things as well, but I'd like at least one ranked user who will actively watch the chat be there because most times it just seems like it's the regulars, the trouble makers, and I in the room.
I also realize that I could always get a global ranked user to drop in and monitor the chat, but if there was someone who would monitor the chat in general that wouldn't be necessary to do.

However, I digress, thanks for taking the time to read my first post, and I hope that I get some sort of response.

I really hate how the unavailable Pokemon only have a miniscule pool of moves shown at the moment. I find it pointless and it just makes things more confusing, as it makes it very annoying to find attacks for that Pokemon if you are playing an older generation battle or Pokebank, which is the only case where you are using these Pokemon. It's not like they are available anyway at the moment, so I don't care what moves they are confirmed to have tbh.

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right location to post this, but I'd like to just point out the lack of authority in the mentoring chat.
I'm there most of the time trying to help out people who are new to PS and the competitive scene(cool guy) in general.
The only problem that I ever see is that whenever there is someone who comes in to spam, be inappropriate, or just heckle other users there is hardly anyone around with the authority to tell them to please stop with whatever they are doing, and in the case of spammers stop them with a mute.
I realize this may seem a bit unnecessary to point out because I get that the normal ranked users in the room are busy with other things as well, but I'd like at least one ranked user who will actively watch the chat be there because most times it just seems like it's the regulars, the trouble makers, and I in the room.
I also realize that I could always get a global ranked user to drop in and monitor the chat, but if there was someone who would monitor the chat in general that wouldn't be necessary to do.
So the current auth list is: #birkal, #treecko, Plus, +curryboy69, #skylight, @aceemerald, sandshrewz, Raseri, @regisphilbin, FireMage, @jukainace, +pplzdude, %voltabsorb, MCBarrett, @dhr

All Mentors are eligible for @, but most of them are pretty busy people. The room just need's active auth that can actually devote time to the room, and maybe if people were more aware of it, actual conversations could take place too.

I think Pokemon Showdown is great, but it really is lacking when it comes to spectating. Being on Skype or IRC with someone while they're battling and having to join battle after battle is tedious, especially when they're still in a previous room. I think a follow option would be great for friends and mentors alike, saving you the trouble of having to wait for them to notify you that they've found a battle.

I also think it'd be cool if Showdown had a bunch of filter options. DotA 2 is pretty good for this, and I think it'd be cool if you could spectate battles based on the Pokemon used and/or skill level between players. You can already sort by tier, which is a step in the right direction. I think in Gen 5 Antar was able to categorize teams based on rain/sand/sun/trick room/etc, and while it might be inaccurate at times it would still be nice to be able to spectate others based on playstyle.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Could we get a "Topic" box for each room please? Especially with the influx of new users after Pokemon X and Y it would be helpful to have links / information about current events and frequently asked questions. Right now for example, rules are listed in most rooms as pastebin links you can't actually click in the room description on the main lobby selector. Those would be more useful as something that appear when you enter the room like on IRC.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Can we please ban Quick Claw? Please?
It became fairly luck dependent now.

My opponent's Empoleon had Quick Claw activated 5 times in a battle, and that was pure annoying.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's always been luck dependent, but overall it's not really "broken" enough to get rid of, and unlike things like evasion is stopped cold by priority, Trick, Knock Off (now a far more viable move), or even just getting walled.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
It's always been luck dependent, but overall it's not really "broken" enough to get rid of, and unlike things like evasion is stopped cold by priority, Trick, Knock Off (now a far more viable move), or even just getting walled.
Just curious. Is it unbanned in the first place because of the buffs of knock off, and the addition of the ability Magician?

I'd love to see a Battle Factory game. You would start with 3 (or 6) random pokémons. You can exchange one with the opponent when you win and when you lose you have a new random team. To be fair, when you win 7 times, you should be given a new random team.

I don't know if it is possible since the team has to be kept in memory when you win, but I'd like to see it happens.

The cries for Shaymin-Sky, the Therian Forme Kami, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem still haven't been corrected to what they should be. These Pokémon all have different cries from their other Forme.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Would it be possible to only allow moderators to start threads in the PS! forum? Looking at it now and every other time i've looked at it 9/10 threads are absolutely useless and shouldn't of been posted in the first place. By only allowing moderators to start threads you can hopefully eliminate this problem

Would it be possible to only allow moderators to start threads in the PS! forum? Looking at it now and every other time i've looked at it 9/10 threads are absolutely useless and shouldn't of been posted in the first place. By only allowing moderators to start threads you can hopefully eliminate this problem
Honestly I agree with you on some level, but if it restricted to only moderators than that would drive away the people who actually have something worth seeing. It would help eliminate the "useless" posts, but it may have the negative effect of driving some users away.

I'm a bit unwilling to scroll through 45 pages of suggestion to discover if this has come up before, but would an option to filter/order searches in Watch Battle by Player Rank be possible? If I'm bored enough to want to watch a match, I'd like it to at least be a good one where I could potentially learn something, rather than a bottom runging slugfest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)