Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
this probably has been said already but im not gonna read 46 pages to see if it has, so im asking now if it is possible to add an icon when sticky web is up just like SR and spikes, because i always forget about it and i lose lots of pokemon simply because i forgot my pokemon will be slower.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if someone has already suggested this but in the tournaments room just now we were saying how a /compare command could be quite useful.

It could be used to bring up the stats of two (or more?) Pokemon and compare the stats, possibly highlighting the best ones. I think this would be useful as quite often we are asked which Pokemon is better or there is an argument about which Pokemon is faster and we don't use !data as we don't want to spam the chat with 2 bits of data.

Anyway, that's the basic idea of it. The Tourneys chat says that this certainly seems like a good idea but Ill leave a final judgement up to you.

Ok, I know you'll think this is stupid because it won't affect a lot of the server users. Yet, I'm complaining about how the mods take on situations where people who speak a foreign language (not english) try to get information about a specific thread, or something like that.

I'm latin, and, personally, I get offended by how mods mute people who speaks spanish, french, italian, russian, etc. in certain chatrooms. And, it is because:

1-These people don't speak english. If they did, they would use it to get information, because they would've red the rules, and, as following, know it's not ok to speak their language everywhere in this server (Just like in Nazi's Germany back in 1943). This translates to confusion among the users; first of all, because they CANNOT UNDERSTAND THE WARNINGS OF THE MODS, VOICES, DRIVERS, ETC. How would you fell if a spanish guy pointed a gun towards your head and told you "No te muevas, o te mato", and you didn't know what to do? It's specially awfull when these people get muted, and, they don't even know why. How would you feel if you had got killed by the same spanish guy of the gun just because you turned around to look at his face? It's cruel. Period.

2-There aren't rooms for every language spoken among the countries where people can get a computer, internet and an account in Pokemon Showdown. There isn't a room where I can see people speaking Russian, Hindi, Japanese, etc.

3-Sometimes, these people need information about monotype, doubles, OU, UU, etc, and, sometimes, they won't get this information in a specific language chatroom. This doesn't happen always, but, most of the time, it does.

4-Mods don't post the link of the foreign language's chatroom before they mute users. They're abusive against these people. One time, I saw how they bullied a little 13 years old mexican boy because he didn't speak english, and everybody told him "to go buy quesadillas somewhere else". Luckily, I also speak spanish, and I could help him, not before exposing my point of view to the mods, who also picked up on me.

5-It's necessary for a mod to be GENTLE and CAREFUL while dealing with the people under their sight in the chatrooms where they're mods. They're not dictators. They're suposed to interact with us and look for the best for the users.

I just hope you could really fix this problem, which isn't about the server, but, about the mods of the server. Thank you.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, I know you'll think this is stupid because it won't affect a lot of the server users. Yet, I'm complaining about how the mods take on situations where people who speak a foreign language (not english) try to get information about a specific thread, or something like that.

I'm latin, and, personally, I get offended by how mods mute people who speaks spanish, french, italian, russian, etc. in certain chatrooms. And, it is because:

1-These people don't speak english. If they did, they would use it to get information, because they would've red the rules, and, as following, know it's not ok to speak their language everywhere in this server (Just like in Nazi's Germany back in 1943). This translates to confusion among the users; first of all, because they CANNOT UNDERSTAND THE WARNINGS OF THE MODS, VOICES, DRIVERS, ETC. How would you fell if a spanish guy pointed a gun towards your head and told you "No te muevas, o te mato", and you didn't know what to do? It's specially awfull when these people get muted, and, they don't even know why. How would you feel if you had got killed by the same spanish guy of the gun just because you turned around to look at his face? It's cruel. Period.

2-There aren't rooms for every language spoken among the countries where people can get a computer, internet and an account in Pokemon Showdown. There isn't a room where I can see people speaking Russian, Hindi, Japanese, etc.

3-Sometimes, these people need information about monotype, doubles, OU, UU, etc, and, sometimes, they won't get this information in a specific language chatroom. This doesn't happen always, but, most of the time, it does.

4-Mods don't post the link of the foreign language's chatroom before they mute users. They're abusive against these people. One time, I saw how they bullied a little 13 years old mexican boy because he didn't speak english, and everybody told him "to go buy quesadillas somewhere else". Luckily, I also speak spanish, and I could help him, not before exposing my point of view to the mods, who also picked up on me.

5-It's necessary for a mod to be GENTLE and CAREFUL while dealing with the people under their sight in the chatrooms where they're mods. They're not dictators. They're suposed to interact with us and look for the best for the users.

I just hope you could really fix this problem, which isn't about the server, but, about the mods of the server. Thank you.
I agree with you that there shouldn't be any insulting towards people who don't speak english. If you see something you feel is unjust pm someone with a higher rank than moderator to deal with it at the time. If mods are deemed to be power abusing by admins they will be talked to or punished if severe enough rest assured.

Warns for other languages outside of their respective rooms usually accompany the note of english only and the warns sure that the person sees it, otherwise they are seamlessly sent to their respective language room.

There aren't rooms for every language normally because there hasn't been a need for it, as in no one has posted a room suggestion asking for that specific language and can attest that there would be a decent level of activity to warrant it, or perhaps none of the global mods speak said language.

To your 3rd point that might be unfortunate but i'd say it would only rarely happen that no one in a language room would be unable to answer a simple question regarding a tier considering everyone is there for Pokemon.

Not sure if this has been suggested or not but;

A chat filter so users can only post a message every X seconds. X could be defined depending on the amount of users in each lobby and disable it for Drivers and higher. It wouldn't be too much to bear and would greatly reduce spam.

It doesn't need to be too much. For example 5 seconds wouldn't interrupt a user from talking and would really prevent severe spamming. And it should be for every lobby, imo.

A different suggestion; include the following commands:
/rules spanish
/rules portuguese
/rules french
/rules italian
/rules german

Pretty self explanatory. New pages including traductions of the global rules for each language of which we have public rooms. The Spanish room currently has a Google traduction of the global rules in its rule page, and we know how bad Google Translate is.

I know this isn't high in the priorities list, but it's something cool to consider eventually. I'm sure the room staff of each room will have no problems in providing an accurate and useful translation.

Cheers.

A different suggestion; include the following commands:
/rules spanish
/rules portuguese
/rules french
/rules italian
/rules german

Pretty self explanatory. New pages including traductions of the global rules for each language of which we have public rooms. The Spanish room currently has a Google traduction of the global rules in its rule page, and we know how bad Google Translate is.

I know this isn't high in the priorities list, but it's something cool to consider eventually. I'm sure the room staff of each room will have no problems in providing an accurate and useful translation.

Cheers.
I really think this would be useful. Another one maybe a /roomrules command with owners being able to set a doc. Many rooms set it in the room description but maybe a /roomrules command could make it clickable?

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if this has been suggested or not but;

A chat filter so users can only post a message every X seconds. X could be defined depending on the amount of users in each lobby and disable it for Drivers and higher. It wouldn't be too much to bear and would greatly reduce spam.

It doesn't need to be too much. For example 5 seconds wouldn't interrupt a user from talking and would really prevent severe spamming. And it should be for every lobby, imo.
I'm pretty certain this already exists, have you ever tried c/ping logs into pm boxes or something? It says "your message was not sent as you've been typing too quickly." and also, 5 seconds would be too much based on how fast I type xD

I'm pretty certain this already exists, have you ever tried c/ping logs into pm boxes or something? It says "your message was not sent as you've been typing too quickly." and also, 5 seconds would be too much based on how fast I type xD
Actually, I just tried that and nothing came up. And I know you can't send two exact messages in the lobby one right after the other, but regardless spammers slightly change their messages and there's spam anyway. And if 5 seconds is too much, make it 2. Doesn't really matter. If people decide to spam anyway it wouldn't be that bad, auth would be able to neutralize them before the chat is disrupted, and spammers would even get discouraged as their attempts wouldn't be too effective/annoying.

I don't know I just think it's a cool thing to have and not too harmful. Staff members would have it easier this way to just moderate to ensure a clean chat and encourage intelligent discussion, and not have to worry that much about having to mute a spammer every 15 seconds, which let's be honest, it's stupid. Staff should really be above that.

Okay I didn't read the 46 pages BUT I recently had a cool idea and every one will love it: let user change the colour of their nick ;~;

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay I didn't read the 46 pages BUT I recently had a cool idea and every one will love it: let user change the colour of their nick ;~;
This will most likely never be implemented as it makes it too easy to impersonate members of staff. It's just a color, anyway.

I don't see how ppl will impersonate staff. As you said, that's a color and no the /frt command. For example my nick £ysandre is purple on PS, and if I wish to make it blue or red , I don't think that ppl will think I am a staff member.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't see how ppl will impersonate staff. As you said, that's a color and no the /frt command. For example my nick £ysandre is purple on PS, and if I wish to make it blue or red , I don't think that ppl will think I am a staff member.
I apologise but your idea has been brought up numerous times (and denied every time as well). The point is that you can change your name to something similar to a staff member's, change your color to theirs, and then ultimately deceive other users. I know that it may sound harsh, but changing username color isn't on the top of the priorities list--especially when it can have potential ramifications.

Can you add timed battles to Pokemonshowdown? I know there's a timer system, but I mean where each side has a limited amount of time, for those who want to get a battle done within a certain amount of time? It'd make everything easier for battling and recording.

Can you add timed battles to Pokemonshowdown? I know there's a timer system, but I mean where each side has a limited amount of time, for those who want to get a battle done within a certain amount of time? It'd make everything easier for battling and recording.
I mean with all the other things that are being worked on(I assume) like the gen 6 tiers a timed battle type, while there being a timer system doesn't seem too high on the list on priorities.

Orphic

perhaps
I believe the timer system we have already works perfectly well, you can always report someone who is taking too long between each move remember if they're stalling the timer.

Minor, but In the importable can you please make it so then the EVs are the same format as the analyses? (EVs in this order and labeled as such: HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe) A ton newer skeletons in C&C have this in the PS! format (which differs from the analysis one) and it can be tedious to fix all these mistakes while they are in QC. I would imagine the incorrect labels are because of this.

Orphic

perhaps
Very interesting, I for one have found it frustrating when importing teams/sets from smogon and having to correct it, could try just writing the analyses in the PS format? Otherwise this is something we could work on.

I'd like something that limits the use of Protect, maybe they can only use Protect/Detect/King's Shield for only 3 times a battle.

I don't know, it just kind of annoys me when people spam Protect/Wish/Subsitute all the time.

I'd like something that limits the use of Protect, maybe they can only use Protect/Detect/King's Shield for only 3 times a battle.

I don't know, it just kind of annoys me when people spam Protect/Wish/Subsitute all the time.
Ask Articblast, he is the main director of Other Metas, and it maybe can a good idea for a new metagame.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Minor, but In the importable can you please make it so then the EVs are the same format as the analyses? (EVs in this order and labeled as such: HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe) A ton newer skeletons in C&C have this in the PS! format (which differs from the analysis one) and it can be tedious to fix all these mistakes while they are in QC. I would imagine the incorrect labels are because of this.
This is a carryover from PO - I see no harm in using Smogon's abbreviations, but apparently there are people who swear by SDef and Spd instead of SpD and Spe.

Start boosting as they use Protect and they won't be using it so often ;)

Zarel, I know that I am a new person around these parts, but I have invented a way to locate scammers easily, So what is the number one way scammers get away? After someone delete's the chat and therefor there is no way to locate the scammer, but if there was a button near the top that would simply show who you talked to, what time, and what you said, also Mod's would be able to open them with a command maybe !History diagla2->plantlord98 (know scammer) then it was show a simulation of what was said and what (may be) currently is being said. I came up with this idea after what happened yesterday, I lost an important pokemon to what I though would be a 5IV pokemon, when it was only 1IV, I could not report because I had left showdown, therefor losing the chat bubble with the scammer. But If there was a history button, it would be as simple as checking it then PMing a mod telling them, I got scammed by Plantlord98 (an example) he would load up the chat, you would tell the problem, and they would ban him. And another thing I suggest that you might already be doing is banning an IP address, that way if they just made another account, they would get away.

Best Regards, Diagla2

Unfortunately this isn't possible in any main tier as these use the same mechanics that you would find in-game, so if there is no limit in-game, there will be no limit on Pokemon Showdown. The use of protect/king's shield is called strategy and the main way to get around it is to predict them and use a setup move, or if they are using King's Shield, status moves go through it so just use Will-O-Wisp or something.

Also subs can be beaten with whirlwind/roar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)