Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. When improving the Team Builder, you might want to take into consideration that some Pokemon can learn certain moves from different forms.

Example: a Defense Deoxys would be able to effectively use Agility legally as long as it learned Agility by switching to Speed Deoxys temporarily to learn it and then switching back. Current Team Builder won't allow Defense Deoxys to know Agility.

2. Make it possible to choose the Battle Music. It tends to choose the same track over and over and it can get a bit boring/annoying after a while. Maybe including some of the Elite Four/Champion themes might be nice. If anything, make it more "random."

Inactive button in battles to 120 sec. Currently it is 180 sec, which is way too much. People like time stall.. >:/
I dont know other way to prevent time stalling and 120 sec definitely should be enough to choose your next move.

Not sure if this will be implemented but having a rating variation displayed at the beginning of the match like on PO would be nice. It greatly affects my prediction i.e if the opponent has a high variation i won't be afraid of over predicting in the beginning whereas if they have a lower one i often assume they aren't that smart. I dunno it just gave me a little advantage in the beginning of a match and it would be nice

Inactive button in battles to 120 sec. Currently it is 180 sec, which is way too much. People like time stall.. >:/
I dont know other way to prevent time stalling and 120 sec definitely should be enough to choose your next move.
180 seconds is not that much time. I've actually heard a few complaints about it because people had to go to the bathroom, do something for their mom, etc. in the middle of the battle and when they got back they lost. Of course, these complaints happened more often back when the timer was only 120 seconds.

If someone is timestalling you, contact an authority member to come into the battle because that's against the rules.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Today we've suffered from massive tournament spam. A few users have suggested set tournament organizers (I know this is what the drivers are supposed to do, but when I say this the same response I get is that is only when PS will be able to support tournaments onsite).

I know tournaments aren't part of PS now, but it'd help lag and reduce chat flooding if set users were to create tournaments.

I agree with Relados. Having built in tournament support would be extremely helpful and making it so drivers and above could only host would cut a lot of spam. Adding some features similar to PO like a tournament channel and maybe even server hosted tournaments would be absolutely fantastic, although I know that is probably a lot of work. Until then though If more drivers hosted tournaments and kept up with the clearly large demand for them it would probably really discourage the tournament spam in the chat.

Very small nitpick, I think if I pokemon is immune to attack (ghost type taking a fighting type attack,) perhaps the the ghost type taking the attack be surrounded with some form of barrier, as opposed to having the same 'taking the attack' animation going.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I agree with Relados. Having built in tournament support would be extremely helpful and making it so drivers and above could only host would cut a lot of spam. Adding some features similar to PO like a tournament channel and maybe even server hosted tournaments would be absolutely fantastic, although I know that is probably a lot of work. Until then though If more drivers hosted tournaments and kept up with the clearly large demand for them it would probably really discourage the tournament spam in the chat.
Yeah I agree too. Having a sort of tournament feature would be kind of nice.
This is on the to-do list already. I thought we had one in the OP ?_?

-EDIT- Nope apparently we dont. Should get on that.

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
did the search function couldn't find anything relating to it maybe it was. chances are it's already been suggested and is just waiting to be implemented but a news feed would be pretty awesome. something similar Smogon PO's in information with the FAQ, beginner's guide (when those are complete) and stuff like 'ladder is down' etc.

Relados

fractactical genius
Now that we have an official FAQ (thanks, by the way), I'd like to suggest that, like the report bugs link, it be linked as well up at the top somewhere. That way new players can use that instead of still asking those questions in chat.

Now that we have an official FAQ (thanks, by the way), I'd like to suggest that, like the report bugs link, it be linked as well up at the top somewhere. That way new players can use that instead of still asking those questions in chat.
It'd also be helpful if the link to the rules was at the top as well so maybe people actually read them.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Make OU (rated) the top option. Sometimes I've just reconnected and I click "find battle", expecting it to be OU, and then random battle starts. I would think that OU is the most used. Also, possibly an unranked OU option?

Also, the ability to change the power of Hidden Power without resorting to IV tweaking. Technician hidden powers would be much easier this way.

Also, possibly an unranked OU option?
Why just OU? Why not for all the tiers. It would make finding battles easier to test teams.

Also, this is a small thing, but perhaps update the descriptions for Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare. The descriptions use the Japanese directly translated names "Cross Thunder" and "Cross Fire" which is a bit confusing. Just something I thought I'd point out.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It would be nice to have the option to only battle people within a certain range of your own ranking, its not too fun to be battling for hours and going up about 20 points.

Good way to have tournament announcements less spammy could be to have the hosts use the /me command. It stands out and doesn't spam chat so much.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good way to have tournament announcements less spammy could be to have the hosts use the /me command. It stands out and doesn't spam chat so much.
Tournament announcements are always spammy, no matter whether they're in /me, bold, caps, or whatever else.

Hopping on the driver tournament thing bandwagon. Also, maybe a separate chatroom for tournaments would be nice too, like there is on PO.

The solution to the tournament announcement thing is to have tournaments be in a separate channel, like how it was on PO. It's my understanding that multiple-channel support is planned, but lower priority than many other things.

A simple idea to suggest from me would be to have post-times next to the post in the lobby, much like how PO was. I dunno how feasible that is. It'd be nice to know how long the server has been lagging, for instance, and when chat was locked.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A simple idea to suggest from me would be to have post-times next to the post in the lobby, much like how PO was. I dunno how feasible that is. It'd be nice to know how long the server has been lagging, for instance, and when chat was locked.
This is actually known as time stamps and is in way of being done as far as i know.

move the "kick inactive player" button so its not in the same spot as the first move.
Or any other cases like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)