Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since it's become a normal thing for users to host tournaments on PS I thought I'd make a general rules and etiquette guide for them. http://pastebin.com/YUVEBMX2

It'd be nice to have general rules to fall back on for tournaments, especially for later when they're implemented.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd suggest adding a little tutorial on how to use challonge. I've seen it where some people just can't figure it out on their own. Better for it to be foolproof, I think.

Other than that, the tourney rules look great. Can't really think of anything else, other than, "Make sure you have enough time to do a tournament before entering. It's rude to drop out before being eliminated," or something to that extent. Though that is sort of covered in the last rule.

It would be nice if you could implement a way that you couldn't play the same person twice in a row. I fought somebody three times this way.
This. I literally battle the same 6 people every single day. Speaking of that, it'd be nice if your ladder rating didn't determine who you'd battle. Probably the reason why most people I directly challenge wreck me opposed to people I fight by looking for a battle is because I can't get higher on the ladder, so those people, when I challenge them directly, kill me.

tl;dr Making it so you can battle anyone looking for LC instead of people only within your ladder rating range.

It would be nice if you could change the order of your pokemon in teambuilder. Purely aesthetic, but PO has it and I found myself using it quite often there. Having some kind of indicator as to what HP you have and it's power would be greatly appreciated when one wishes to lower the IV of a specific stat (ie. Trick Room) so that way you can safely lower it without worrying about having the wrong type or base power.
Yeah I have have to agree with the above and many others on playing the same person twice in a row. But I'm pretty sure that ladder rating has no correlation with who you battle. Honestly that needs to be implemented. I can't remember the last time I fought someone with over 1700 when I'm hovering around 1800, which is seriously annoying when I get +0 or +1 for winning.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd suggest adding a little tutorial on how to use challonge. I've seen it where some people just can't figure it out on their own. Better for it to be foolproof, I think.

Other than that, the tourney rules look great. Can't really think of anything else, other than, "Make sure you have enough time to do a tournament before entering. It's rude to drop out before being eliminated," or something to that extent. Though that is sort of covered in the last rule.
Added your suggestions.

Oh, another suggestion. It'd be nice if the Eviolite/Life Orb/Choice-item boost would be accounted for in the stats section. I hate having to go to a 3rd party stat calculator just to see what the actual stats are.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Or alternatively, a box or +/- button that lets you see what your stats look like at different boosts. Would make outspeeding certain benchmarks at a certain boost easier to find.

Oh, another suggestion. It'd be nice if the Eviolite/Life Orb/Choice-item boost would be accounted for in the stats section. I hate having to go to a 3rd party stat calculator just to see what the actual stats are.
Can't you just multiply..?

Is it really hard to Google the calculation in your browser's Google search toolbar? You don't even need to hit enter and it'll give you the answer....

Is it really hard to Google the calculation in your browser's Google search toolbar? You don't even need to hit enter and it'll give you the answer....
blarajan you must not realize who you're speaking to...

Anyway why is it such a big deal to add it? Or is it? I still don't know how programming works in PS.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, if you're too lazy to make calcs, that's on you. It just seems like it would take extra unneeded effort on the part of the programmers.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Maaaan, let's not have this turn into every other suggestion thread in the universe.

Having stat calculators in the teambuilder is not a bad idea. -_-

ily zarel <4

I just think it's helpful because people could have a misperception about what the defenses actually are when using eviolite.

Possibly add a "Draw" button if both parties agree?

Could be used if you see the same person twice and don't want to battle them again, or someone feels bad they hax'd you to hell and back so they propose a draw.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Yes, Chrome is starting to switch over to a newer standard for notifications. I'll deal with it eventually. :/

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
1. If you type in /commandthatdoesn't exist, do not broadcast that to the chat. Probably best to notify user via quietly.

2. Don't like unregistered users post links in the chat. Make trolls go the extra mile before they can spam the tk link.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1. If you type in /commandthatdoesn't exist, do not broadcast that to the chat. Probably best to notify user via quietly.

2. Don't like unregistered users post links in the chat. Make trolls go the extra mile before they can spam the tk link.
Much, much agree with the first point. Accidentally telling everyone you were using a mod command on someone isn't fun.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i actually proposed your first suggestion a while ago, mingot. my favorite part? Deals with /avatar misuse

This could be user error or something but:

A way to save teams on the Mac client? I had 5 teams yesterday that I do not today, apparently because of cleared cookies or something. I guess I should have saved the importable versions to a word document but...

I already have suggested this but nobody answered or commented on my suggestion.
People tend to have many teams and they forget their Pokemon's stats. Thats why you should enable it to be visible for a person in battle to check his pokemon's stats by dragging the mouse over the pokemon in the tab where he switches his pokemon just like on PO. I think that this would be useful for everyone.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This could be user error or something but:

A way to save teams on the Mac client? I had 5 teams yesterday that I do not today, apparently because of cleared cookies or something. I guess I should have saved the importable versions to a word document but...
Teams are currently saved to cookies, though there are plans for them to eventually not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)