Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this has already been suggested, I didn't read through the whole thread, but I was just wondering if there would be a way to see what kind of terrain you're battling in, like a little tag or something, because I'm running a nature power Deerling, and sometimes I can't tell what I'm battling in/on. This maybe could be implemented by editing the description of Nature Power to say something along the lines of: Nature Power-Changes depending on your environment, your current environment is beach, the move is E-Quake or something so it doesn't get annoying for people who don't care what terrain it is.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is there a way to improve the ratings system somehow? I've spent three days going up one point at a time, and I don't feel like starting a new name just to abuse bonus pool. The worst bit is after 2 hours of grinding some random match drops me down so far it uses up all the work done already. I don't know how people get above 1750 without a completely flawless win/loss ratio.

To make simulator play as close to cartridge battling as possible I believe that more poké-ball types should be added to the sim, and that it should enforce a ball type/shiny check when team building, just as it does with illegal move combinations. The simulator would then, for example, force Extremespeed Entei to allways be shiny and in a Cherish Ball, since all of ES Enteis are forced to have those characteristics in-game, as ES Entei is a shiny only 4th gen event. All of these changes would affect set prediction, but this is how the game is supposed to be played.

There is a command that is "/data <move>". Currently, it gives you the move's type, physical/special/status, power, accuracy, and additional effects. Could it possibly also be made to output the PP of the move?

This would be a convenience change, but being able to quickly find out the PP of a move does have significance when one needs to figure out whether it's plausible to stall an opponent out of PP.
Thanks!

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There is a command that is "/data <move>". Currently, it gives you the move's type, physical/special/status, power, accuracy, and additional effects. Could it possibly also be made to output the PP of the move?

This would be a convenience change, but being able to quickly find out the PP of a move does have significance when one needs to figure out whether it's plausible to stall an opponent out of PP.
Thanks!
Similar to this, when using /data on a Pokemon, it would be nice to include a Pokemon's tier, sort of like pstats does on IRC.

My suggestion is so you can reset your account (e.g. wins, loses, rating etc.)

The reason for this being is once you've tested or retired a team, you could reset your ranking so you could re-ladder again, or if somthing happens to you (like d/cing all the time).

I know you can make alts, but I'm pretty OCD and I don't want many accounts to deal with :P

EDIT: Also, is it possible so you can join only 1 battle at a time? Nothing is more annoying when you click "find battle" once, but it seems like it doesn't respond, so you instinctively click it again, but now you're in two battles at once -.-

I don't know if any of this has been suggested already, but honestly I don't feel like reading the whole thread D:

anyways I'll start off with the more simple ones:

- The ability to turn off the music but keep sounds on
- Ability to change the music. (either from your PC or from the songs already in Showdown)
the way the upload of music could work is to have something similar to the Import of Pokemon teams but with files in your PC. just paste the location (path) of the file into a text box with the ability to add more than just one.
- or add more music lol
- add B2/W2 avatars and older generation avatars
- ability to use older sprites with Pokemons that have them (the back sprites could just stay the same or actually use the old back sprites)
- ability to change the color on our usernames (I'm sure this one has been said already but what the heck)

now the real reason why I'm here

- The ability to search for matches (to spectate) with a Pokemon(s) of your choosing as a search filter
for example, if I was looking to spectate a match that someone is using Jirachi in then I would get a list of the current matches of people using Jirachi. If there is only one (as if Jirachi didn't get played a lot lol) then it would just start that one match automatically.

this is for those that are curious on how other people play particular Pokemons. This could also help those that are just starting out and would see how their favorite Pokemons get played in a competitive atmosphere without having to scout through a million matches to just find their Pokemon.
It could get more advanced by adding the option to select ability/moves/teammates but that isn't really necessary.

well that's all for now
thank you for your time :toast:

@Hellknight10

On your point about being able to choose a single Pokemon, why would this unction be required? It doesn't serve much purpose at all, would just be a bother to code and could even be abused, as you could battle teams with a Pokemon you fared well against, or with one that your sweeper sets up easily on

@Hellknight10

On your point about being able to choose a single Pokemon, why would this unction be required? It doesn't serve much purpose at all, would just be a bother to code and could even be abused, as you could battle teams with a Pokemon you fared well against, or with one that your sweeper sets up easily on
sorry I could have worded myself better
what I meant was to look for matches to spectate not to partake yourself

so the purpose was to see how others play Jirachi (or whatever) in different teams, different scenarios, different moves, etc

Hellknight10 said:
The ability to turn off the music but keep sounds on
Ability to change the music. (either from your PC or from the songs already in Showdown)
or add more music lol
This isn't really necessary. 1) Why would you want the sound if you'd be listening to your own music? 2) That's entirely too complicated and would probably increase the lag. Just go on YouTube and find the song, or use any MP3 Players or iPods and just mute your computer.

Hellknight10 said:
add B2/W2 avatars and older generation avatars
I'm on board with this one, although I love the Sabrina sprite atm (don't judge)

Hellknight10 said:
ability to use older sprites with Pokemons that have them (the back sprites could just stay the same or actually use the old back sprites)
Is there really a purpose for this?

Hellknight10 said:
ability to change the color on our usernames
I like this one too, and yes, it has been suggested before.

Hellknight10 said:
The ability to search for matches (to spectate) with a particular Pokemon in it
for example, if I was looking to spectate a match that someone is using Jirachi in then I would get a list of the current matches of people using Jirachi. If there is only one (as if Jirachi didn't get played a lot lol) then it would just start that one match automatically.
This is entirely pointless as you could just open up a new tab, look at the analysis, and get a set. Every person has completely different playing styles, and thus, each person could use that Pokemon in their own way. There is no set style on how to use a Pokemon, and the style is determined by the user and the other Pokemon on the team.

This isn't really necessary. 1) Why would you want the sound if you'd be listening to your own music? 2) That's entirely too complicated and would probably increase the lag. Just go on YouTube and find the song, or use any MP3 Players or iPods and just mute your computer.

This is entirely pointless as you could just open up a new tab, look at the analysis, and get a set. Every person has completely different playing styles, and thus, each person could use that Pokemon in their own way. There is no set style on how to use a Pokemon, and the style is determined by the user and the other Pokemon on the team.
the turn off music but keep sounds on feature is for when you don't want to listen to music period. It is simply an aesthetic change for those that want to hear the Pokemon cries but without the music. It was a separate suggestion from the changing of music one.

and about the search one, yes anyone can go to the smogon database to read pokemon strategies but there is a vast difference between reading strategies, watching strategies and performing strategies.

I could read how to use the Superachi set but watching it, seeing variations in action and watching how others react to certain things would teach many players how to use their Pokemons (if those sets are what you're looking for or not) and ultimately inspire them to use them themselves with a more open mindset then just "hey I'll just copy pasta from Smogon"

the learning process is greatly supported by the use of demonstration and practice

I think Hellknight has a good idea in adding a search feature for specific pokemon. The main problem with this is that lag would likely increase dramatically.

A Friends list would be awesome, you could add friends, see when they are online and then challenge them, that would be cool to battle people you know.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think Hellknight has a good idea in adding a search feature for specific pokemon. The main problem with this is that lag would likely increase dramatically.
Searching for one specific Pokemon really isn't that useful a tool, and there's no real reason to implement it. It could also allow for abuse, e.g. allowing you to scout opponents' teams to see who is using a particular Pokemon. This is possible now but is prohibitively time-consuming.

A Friends list would be awesome, you could add friends, see when they are online and then challenge them, that would be cool to battle people you know.
The friends list idea has already been proposed and is definitely not a priority over things like lagspike removal, VGC support, additional generations, etc.

I suggest banning Acupressure as a move, as it could increase evasion becomes broken on walls such as Shuckle.
Move banning, etc. is not a decision made by the Pokemon Showdown! staff, and if it were, Acupressure is nowhere near broken. It's too random and is pretty useless.

Searching for one specific Pokemon really isn't that useful a tool, and there's no real reason to implement it. It could also allow for abuse, e.g. allowing you to scout opponents' teams to see who is using a particular Pokemon. This is possible now but is prohibitively time-consuming
I don't get it, how are you scouting if you can already see the Pokemons being used thanks to Team Preview? yes it would be scouting if you left the feature to look for moves and abilities so don't consider that then but otherwise I don't see your point.

guys this was just a little suggestion, nothing life changing
it was just something to be maybe considered one day

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I don't get it, how are you scouting if you can already see the Pokemons being used thanks to Team Preview? yes it would be scouting if you left the feature to look for moves and abilities so don't consider that then but otherwise I don't see your point.

guys this was just a little suggestion, nothing life changing
it was just something to be maybe considered one day
"scouting" is a term used to mean spectating your tourney opponents' battles to see what their team is like, and is highly frowned upon (not sure if kick-worthy). So, for example, your team is volc-weak; you could search Volcarona, see your next tourney opponent using it and change your team around real quick to make it not volc-weak. see the issue?

"scouting" is a term used to mean spectating your tourney opponents' battles to see what their team is like, and is highly frowned upon (not sure if kick-worthy). So, for example, your team is volc-weak; you could search Volcarona, see your next tourney opponent using it and change your team around real quick to make it not volc-weak. see the issue?
ah fair enough

well maybe the feature could make the people you're watching anonymous to just you or something

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When you play on the ladder there should be a limit to how bad / good players you can battle with. I am currently at 1750 ranking, and 5 out of my 10 battles are with random guys with ranking from 800 to 1300. How high should one go to at least see some competition? It is not funny at all to ladder right now, because predicting against someone that doesn't know the game is pointless, and if you can't start playing a bit strategically at the 1750 ranking mark, then when will you be able to? From 1800 ranking and after we have the top 100, so for someone to play some acceptable, not even nice (that would be a lot to ask for) battles, it has to got to top 100?

Oh and something else. We should definitely be able to see a move's pp in the teambuilder, as well as the different ivs that you can chose for Hidden Powers (this is usefull for Technician Hidden Power and Hidden Power for Trick Room pokes). Finally, when playing, you should be able to see your poke's stats and boosts when having the cursor floating above the poke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)