Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I would like a search bar to find your friends' names, it'd be much easier than scrolling through the list :)

There are multiple ways to do this atm:

You can use ctrl-F to find them, though this is annoying if there name has multiple instances in the server e.g. they've been talking or w/e.

You can also type /challenge name into the main chat and it pops up with the same screen you get if you clicked on their name.

The last way to do this is to type /whois name, this will show you all the battles your friend is currently in.

When you /data pokemon or somebody !data pokemons, a link to the pokemon's smogon page should appear. Simple and brilliant, and it seems like it would be easy-ish to code

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
When you /data pokemon or somebody !data pokemons, a link to the pokemon's smogon page should appear. Simple and brilliant, and it seems like it would be easy-ish to code
Good idea, bojangles beat you to it by a few days though! It's a different command: /analysis pokemon, generation, where generation is BW, DP, RS, etc. If you leave out the generation part it defaults to the BW analysis. Enjoy!

How about a calculator built into the program? Just 4 functions or including other things like exponents, it would be quite handy. Example:

[input] /calc 95*1.5
[output] 95*1.5=142.5

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if this is taken into consideration but it should really be...

I am talking about this:
We should really have the option to save a team with another name without deleting the existent team. For example let's say i have a team named ''something'' and i want to make some changes. After i finish the changes my only option is to save the team over the already existing one, which is dumb, because i may want to have multiple versions of a team that i am testing. I should be able to chose in which file i save the already existing edited team, and not have to copy-paste a team and make a new one, that will be exactly the same, just to make a few changes.
to which i got no answer, as well as that you should be able to see your pokes stats and boosts when your cursor hovers above the sprite. For example this is what i should see when hovering my cursor above my CB Scizor's sprite:

HP: 343
Atk: 394 (0)
Def: 336 (0)
SpA: 146 (0)
SpD: 196 (0)
Spe: 168 (0)

The numbers in the () are the boosts of each stat. If a poke has a boost on a stat, then either the existing stat should be overwritten by the new one, or it should appear after the number of the boosts. For example if my SD Scizor had an SD under his belt i should see:

Atk: 394 (+2), 788 or 788 (+2)

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Still being able to select in which file to save your team (an existing or a new one) should be a given, no? It is a clearly practical matter that would be quite handy. But if it is so difficult to implement then i can see why you would ignore it.

What about seeing the stats when you hover above the srpite?

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
To make blarajan shut up, an Ignore Spectators button would be pretty nice to have in a tourney finals.

I've been talking to a couple users on PS (within the past few minutes :P) and I thought maybe there could be multiple channels for different languages. Probably not a major thing to add, but it may be nice to have.

I think some currently ranked users understand some of the languages to an extent (example: Relados knows/is learning French if I remember correctly), so it could potentially work.

Has anybody suggested timestamps? It's probably the most unimportant feature in the world, but I really liked it back in PO.
Yeah, yeah, I know it's my first post, but you guys are still scary after so many years lurking.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What does "Auto-load teams" mean?
I think what he means is, "Load the last team played rather than the first one on the list." That's something that I hear people complain about a lot, and I've screwed up with it a few times as well.

For pokemonshowdown warstories, my suggestion is that you put health percentages at the turn ends at to make it easier for people to make warstories.

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has anybody suggested timestamps? It's probably the most unimportant feature in the world, but I really liked it back in PO.
Yeah, yeah, I know it's my first post, but you guys are still scary after so many years lurking.
yeah it's been suggested and'll be implemented eventually. oh and OOGLY BOOGLY !

A small suggestion would be to change that Back Up/Recover button to say Export instead. It wasn't until I clicked it by curiosity to find out what it was, but I had been looking for an export button for about a day.

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A small suggestion would be to change that Back Up/Recover button to say Export instead. It wasn't until I clicked it by curiosity to find out what it was, but I had been looking for an export button for about a day.
backup/restore is a c/p of all your teams so you can save them in word/notepad etc. the import/export button is already in the team builder for individual teams.

Just a quick suggestion, maybe put a lowercase 'm' similar to the #, @, & and etc. used for mods, to denote muted people. I was recently muted, and people were trying to talk to me and I could not explain that I could not reply.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
You can read all of the text. That is all the text. Rapid Spin frees you from hazards, partial trapping, and Leech Seed.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Custom Highlights would be cool! (what I mean by that is that you could also set the highlight to something else but your current nickname)

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tier: "No Restrictions"
pretty much what no restrictions is on the cartridge, but no glitches
aka just mons without clauses or bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)