I have a suggested strategy for gourgeist super size:moves leech seed
Shadowball/will o wisp/toxic
Shadow sneak
Substitute/protect
Item:leftovers
Nature careful
Half in def half in sp def and the rest in hp
Nicknamed vampire pumpkin
Unfortunately this isn't the place to put this.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a suggested strategy for gourgeist super size:moves leech seed
Shadowball/will o wisp/toxic
Shadow sneak
Substitute/protect
Item:leftovers
Nature careful
Half in def half in sp def and the rest in hp
Nicknamed vampire pumpkin
You may want to try the OU forum or Analysis for Gourgeist,

I know one user who is working on coding this exact thing with a limit of around 15 users but I'm not exactly sure what strain this could put on the server if everyone instantly gained the ability to create their own little chatroom. If this was to happen I'd suggest a few security measure like making the rooms expire if no one talks for a certain period of time to reduce unnecessary rooms.
If the load would be too taxing for the server, it would be implemented for room @,# and globals until a proper solution is found. Having a group chat in-tab would be excellent for staff meetings and rapid discussions on important topics that need a hasty reply.

For user-created rooms, it would probably have to be voice+. Having it totally open would allow malicious groups to form and organise spamming etc from their rooms. It would be too much to regulate. From what I heard, this is technically possible (I don't know about lag though).

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
I think that Smogon should have an option of creating "idea groups." Idea Groups were a major part of life for me, and I have come to love them. Idea Groups in a nutshell: An Idea Group is a place where 4-5 people select a random topic (ie: OU Tiering, The social aspects of the website, Wi-Fi battles, Pokémon Showdown, etc.) and work on improving them by brainstorming together and shooting ideas off of one another. One Idea Group would try and convince another group so that they would become passionate about it as well, thus forming a bigger group known as an Idea Circle consisting of 8-10 people.

Say your group opposes the topic that the leader (the person who created said group) had chosen. They could vote to select a different one on the groups terms, but to have a topic change, the majority must wish for it to happen. not the leader, the leader gets no vote. Yes, this idea is flawed slightly but it could be sorted out in the group scene.

Have you ever been completely sold on a topic on here but not wanted to speak in front of a large group of people? Idea Groups are a pretty good solution, and they can prove useful to Mods, Admins, and the like. Give my idea a chance! :D
You may want to try the Suggestion Box for Smogon Suggestions. This thread is for Pokemon Showdown!.

It would be nice if you could make it possible to see your Poke's specific stats (like how it is when you mouse over their character in your turn, but on the main screen where the fighting and avatars stand.) There's extra space in the corner, and it would be possible to do the same for your opponent such that you can see the "General Stats" of your enemy's Pokes without typing !data and revealing your thought process. The idea would be that you mouse over the poke and the space in the corner would display the !data information.

That's why there's /data :)
"it would be possible to do the same for your opponent such that you can see the "General Stats" of your enemy's Pokes without typing !data and revealing your thought process."

saying !data makes it so both players can see the thing you're looking up, and can give your opponent an idea of what you're thinking about in some cases. It would be nice to see the information of enemy Pokes without leading your opponent on.

Also there are some instances where I just want to see my team's specifics while I'm stuck in outrage or rollout or arena trap/shadow tag etc.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
"it would be possible to do the same for your opponent such that you can see the "General Stats" of your enemy's Pokes without typing !data and revealing your thought process."

saying !data makes it so both players can see the thing you're looking up, and can give your opponent an idea of what you're thinking about in some cases. It would be nice to see the information of enemy Pokes without leading your opponent on.

Also there are some instances where I just want to see my team's specifics while I'm stuck in outrage or rollout or arena trap/shadow tag etc.
!data (or anything with ! instead of /) broadcast it to the room. You can do /data instead just to see it for yourself

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i think we should have game modes with faster timers. possibly around 60 seconds instead of 150?
I think that the current time is reasonable enough to the point where if someone needs to go do something unexpectedly they can come back with time to spare or say the internet cuts out and they need to wait for the router(just an example), I'm sure 150 seconds is enough to the point where it isn't too short or too long.

If people leave the battle and you're waiting for your win, find another battle in the mean time and simply close the battle tab when the timer is finished and you're in the middle of doing your other battle, if people are taking too long to make a move and 'time-stalling' contact a Global staff and they will deal with it.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I really should keep my thoughts together, I made like 3 suggestions in 1 week already :<

could we have a /dexsearch command that searches for xxx stat? for example if I wanted a listed of water-types with more than 80 def, I could do /ds water type, def > 80. same with other stats. TIBot on irc can do this so it doesn't sound that hard to implement. And this command could be useful to get a list of good Pokemon in a certain role, eg. If I'm looking for good TR Pokemon I can /ds Spe < 50, trick room; if I'm looking for strong speedy physical attackers /ds Spe > 100, Atk > 100 could be cool.

I mean I could just go to irc but 1) commands on PS are private 2) convenience 3) non irc users can use this too 4) this has an "all" parameter

One thing I would like is to be able to chat in a room and battle at the same time, without having to switch. Perhaps the two views could be put side by side.

I think that the Teambuilder should list the selected Pokemon's weight. This is because moves like Grass Knot and Low Kick are more effective based on the Pokemon's weight.

I think that the Teambuilder should list the selected Pokemon's weight. This is because moves like Grass Knot and Low Kick are more effective based on the Pokemon's weight.
You can use '/dt pokemon's name' to find their weight and the base power of Grass Knot and Low Kick against that pokemon.

I think it would be very helpful. breeding is very time consuming to learn, and rather than just make a whole teasmk with some clicks, I think it'd be cool to ...make Pokemon with a few clicks. Rather than hatching countless eggs a breeding simulator I think would help novice players get the basic jist of what they are doing before hatching 50 eggs..make sense?

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
I think it would be very helpful. breeding is very time consuming to learn, and rather than just make a whole teasmk with some clicks, I think it'd be cool to ...make Pokemon with a few clicks. Rather than hatching countless eggs a breeding simulator I think would help novice players get the basic jist of what they are doing before hatching 50 eggs..make sense?
There's already tons of guides in the internet, the point of showdown is to battle without the trouble to breed or when you want to test teams before you bring them in game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)