Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Can we have a command that shows who and how many people are in a battle room? Something like '/userlist' or so would do the job.

They are, but sometimes it's hard to keep up with it. And a command that would display a list of people that joined the battle would be easy.
Don't you think instead a command that would show the amount of users in any type of room at all instead? It sounds a bit weird considering you can just scroll the userlist and all but a text-based list is way neater.

also, 10/10 postcount Kasumi♥ :^)

Hippopotas

Hippopotas
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a minor problem, but with the reintroduction of non-alphanumeric symbols into usernames, tracking down a user's history in /modlog has become almost impossible if they insert some of these into their name. For example, if I changed my name to "H.i.p.p.o.p.o.t.a.s" and got locked, the modlog entry would say "H.i.p.p.o.p.o.t.a.s was locked", and if I were to appeal this, the mod would be informed that I was locked under the username "hippopotas". Doing "/modlog hippopotas" would not yield the above entry, and it would be damn near impossible to determine the exact placing of the symbols in the name I was using. Of course, nothing that is impossible to solve has come up yet, but anything about this that has occurred has been tedious to resolve and rather annoying to whoever is working on the case.

Is there anywhere specific to talk about Random Battles? I would like to see if Pokemon like Unown and Farfetchd could have their levels raised.

Hello, i post one suggestion but nobody answered since a month, this suggestion was :

You can add the smoke ball item ?
I know his impact in pokémon strategies is very limited but you have add all type of pokéball or fossil, who haven't impact in pokemon strategie.
Then, why not the smoke ball ?

Thanks for reading.

Is there anywhere specific to talk about Random Battles? I would like to see if Pokemon like Unown and Farfetchd could have their levels raised.
I believe you are allowed to talk about random battles in the other metas room, luckily The Immortal, an admin, also hangs out there a lot so you could catch him with your suggestions for pokemon set changes.

why arent the team like the pc box instead of just a list
I'll just tag Slayer95 who may be able to answer your question better

Hello, i post one suggestion but nobody answered since a month, this suggestion was :

You can add the smoke ball item ?
I know his impact in pokémon strategies is very limited but you have add all type of pokéball or fossil, who haven't impact in pokemon strategie.
Then, why not the smoke ball ?

Thanks for reading.
Smoke ball has 0 competitive use so there would be no reason to add it, just like potions, full heals, fluffy tail etc... So in short there is no reason to add them as they would not affect competitive play

Could Showdown be made to enable importing pkm/pk6 files? Sometimes I want to test my actual teams in the simulator, and having to manually create each Pokémon could be avoided.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Smoke ball has 0 competitive use so there would be no reason to add it, just like potions, full heals, fluffy tail etc... So in short there is no reason to add them as they would not affect competitive play
*cough*Poke Balls*cough*

Sorry about that. I had something stuck in my throat.

Okay, 2 suggestions-
1) For items/abilities with no competitive use, can their in game effects be mentioned when /dt (item) is used?
2) Would it be possible to add a share on facebook button for replays? xD

Shady Guy Jose - "Creating" Pokémon in PS is really simple, tbh. It hardly takes any time to re-enter your Pokémon's stats and stuff in the teambuilder. =P

Okay, 2 suggestions-
1) For items/abilities with no competitive use, can their in game effects be mentioned when /dt (item) is used?
2) Would it be possible to add a share on facebook button for replays? xD
1) Since it is a competitive simulator, as explained above, there would be no need to program these in (it would be cool, though!)
2) You can always just c/p the link to Facebook, because you'd have to share posting permissions with a Pokémon Showdown FB app (I think?) and I'm not sure if anyone would do that.

Lunistrius - Well about the first suggestion, PS DOES have items with no comp use coded in. I wouldn't see the issue with them adding a description.
The issue with adding non-competitive items and descriptions for them is that it is a colossal waste of time and adding them has no value other than for the sake of just having them there, for nothing. It just wastes the coders time, so i advise people to not ask about this...

There's no point in doing something just for the sake of doing it -wolfenstein 2k15

Maybe I'm weird but I always wanted this.
How about an option to "watch match" that allows you to select a particular Pokemon?
So you could choose to watch a match where one of the 12 Pokemon is Lucario, for example.
It's probably a fair amount of work and is irrelevant to actual battles but I'm just throwing it out there.

Hello,

Would it be possible to implement some sort of Pokemon Stable to the teambuilder?

Ie. When creating/editing a team, you have the option to add pokemon from your Stable. A way to easily and efficiently swap pokemon in and out of a team from the pokemon you have in your stable. Inside this 'stable' are pokemon you've created movesets for, and want to save for future use. Maybe also the option to name your moveset, in case you have more than one of the same pokemon. Basically, it's your own customized smogon pokedex implemented into the showdown teambuilder.

The GUI for this stable could be something like the in-game pokemon storage system which appears as a grid of sprites.

Hello,

Would it be possible to implement some sort of Pokemon Stable to the teambuilder?

Ie. When creating/editing a team, you have the option to add pokemon from your Stable. A way to easily and efficiently swap pokemon in and out of a team from the pokemon you have in your stable. Inside this 'stable' are pokemon you've created movesets for, and want to save for future use. Maybe also the option to name your moveset, in case you have more than one of the same pokemon. Basically, it's your own customized smogon pokedex implemented into the showdown teambuilder.

The GUI for this stable could be something like the in-game pokemon storage system which appears as a grid of sprites.
There is a copy/paste feature in the teambuilder to do it.

Alright, I have one more suggestion.
When challenging users to battles, can there be a separate list to choose the music? (Random should/can be the default option)

What if the Pokemon you search for in the user list is put into that tier list by which you select? That sounds kind of confusing when I read it, so I'll try and explain it as best I can. When you select the tag for your team, let's say [LC], and then you type "grass" to look for all Grass-types, then the Pokemon that show up are only Grass-types in LC versus the usual every single tier being shown. More organized, easier to find, etc.

Hi all! I have a fairly simple suggestion that I feel would help in the quality of life of many rooms.

How viable would it be to work in developing a slow mode for the chat, similar to what twitch does? It would help to avoid spamming/flooding with no cost for actual good users. It could be set to a command similar to "/slowchat [AC/+/whatever], [seconds between messages]". So, "/slowchat +, 10" would mean that non voiced users could only write one message every 10 seconds.

Any feedback is welcome!

davidTheMaster

TheMasterMind
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi. I have no idea if it's already been asked but whatever. What about making folders/subfolders so that players can arrange their teams they way they want.
Sometimes people have quite a lot of teams, and the teambuilder might get a bit messy, it then becomes pretty tough to find the team you're looking for :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)