Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are asking it for a while. Still waiting.

Can someone update the OP and add what are the features took in account, which ones are priority and something like the estimated time it will take (if possible).

It would be great not to see every 2 pages "folders in teambuilder pls", i guess it's the feature we ask for the most.

Are you kidding me ? .-.
He's helping you. Show him respect, just a bit. By the way, what he's saying is completely correct AND useful, a little "thank you" would be the strict minimum, don't you think ?

We are asking it for a while. Still waiting.

Can someone update the OP and add what are the features took in account, which ones are priority and something like the estimated time it will take (if possible).

It would be great not to see every 2 pages "folders in teambuilder pls", i guess it's the feature we ask for the most.
What would be the point of creating folders ? I can't understand. When you're buidling a team, the teambuilder easily allows you to set the tier. That means teams are already arranged by tiers. So when you get challenged (or the opposite), your buildings are listed according to the chosen tier.

So... what "folder" do you need to create ?

In spite of all, I also think it's not an useless feature for everyone (but for my case, actually, it is).

I think this is currently in the roadmap anyway, wait patiently.

What would be the point of creating folders ? I can't understand. When you're buidling a team, the teambuilder easily allows you to set the tier. That means teams are already arranged by tiers. So when you get challenged (or the opposite), your buildings are listed according to the chosen tier.

So... what "folder" do you need to create ?

In spite of all, I also think it's not an useless feature for everyone (but for my case, actually, it is).

Folders would be helpful because if you have many teams in a certain tier, or you want to group them in an order not by tier, you can do so.

Hi, this is my first post on the forums, so excuse me if I mess this up. I've been playing on showdown for almost a year now, and I have only one suggestion. I think there should be an option to reset your ladder ranking without having to get another alt. Sometimes I mess up and get a lot of losses on an account I am trying to get reqs for testing on. I know I can make an alt, but it seems like it would just be easier to be able to reset my ladder ranking. Thanks for considering this idea.

Keb said:

I agree with this. While having folders doesn't really seem like a bad idea, there ARE some people like me who wouldn't need it either.

davidTheMaster said:
Are you kidding me ? .-.
Well it's temporary solution. =P

Wolfenstein said:
and if you forget the name of your team? i for one think the team folders idea is a great idea and has no reason not to be added
Well even if folders existed, you'd still need to search around a bit for your team, since you wouldn't know the name. Plus, using CTRL + F to search for the Pokémon you had in your team can help you locate it. (This is assuming that you didn't give your team a proper name.)

Not sure if this has been suggested, but I honestly think an additional 'Terms and Conditions' box should be added before any account is created.

Yes, it will be ignored by thousands, but on the off-chance, it may be read and acknowledged. I've dealt with many, many trolls (as many of you have) and I've also dealt with smart trolls, who look for gaps in the system to abuse. I try to explain to most people that this is a private website with certain rules which they must follow, and I think this should be emphasised before any user creates their account.

It need not be long, or too descriptive, just a few bulletpoints of the most fundamental rules which need to be known, and a link to the global rules.

I can't see this being too difficult to implement

Ideas?

Interesting. But it requires time and that's not particularly effective against trolls, so... why ?

"Terms and Conditions" are ok, but not against trolls. Trolls get banned/locked, end of the story.

Astyanax said:
I've also dealt with smart trolls, who look for gaps in the system to abuse.
It doesn't take any skill or intelligence to exploit gaps or loopholes in rules, lol.

Astyanax said:
I honestly think an additional 'Terms and Conditions' box should be added before any account is created.
I'll admit this this wouldn't be a bad idea, but it'd seem a bit annoying to have to go through an entire list of terms and conditions every time you create an alt. If you were a person who liked to make lots of alts, you'd know, lol.

It doesn't take any skill or intelligence to exploit gaps or loopholes in rules, lol.

I'll admit this this wouldn't be a bad idea, but it'd seem a bit annoying to have to go through an entire list of terms and conditions every time you create an alt. If you were a person who liked to make lots of alts, you'd know, lol.
I'm looking at this both from a Room Owner and a user who does make frequent alts. As I said earlier, the pop-up need not be large or too invasive

Astyanax said:
I'm looking at this both from a Room Owner and a user who does make frequent alts. As I said earlier, the pop-up need not be large or too invasive
I see. Well maybe they can keep the message alongside the "choose name" box, like below this or something-

Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me, at least.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
It would be nice for the avatar pic that you could choose any picture like you can on these forums.
Yeah but that involves hosting the image on the server itself (more cost), which is why it's really only done for global staff/people with badges here

Plus we have the amount of really mature people

davidTheMaster and Cooly23 - I think Nathan meant to ask whether PS could implement formats which follow just the battle rules of the Battle Frontier in game. Which doesn't sound like a bad idea, other than the fact that the OM list might get a bit overcrowded.

Hey could the people in charge of like showdown possibly update the tiering lists in the team builder? It would be awesome and extremely helpful for team building to have an updated list of all the threats in a tier (or at least uu).

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Hey could the people in charge of like showdown possibly update the tiering lists in the team builder? It would be awesome and extremely helpful for team building to have an updated list of all the threats in a tier (or at least uu).
Those are typically updated either every month (when usage statistics are obtained) or when something gets banned in a tier, I believe.

Those are typically updated either every month (when usage statistics are obtained) or when something gets banned in a tier, I believe.
ah ok. As of now though theres like 4-5 pokemon in the uu list that are ou now. when in the month do they usually get updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)