SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know to chain Galavanize Geodude?
1) Bring two pokemon, one w/Damp ability and a sleep inducing move, and one w/Trace ability
2) Find the Geodude/Graveler to start your chain
3) Chain a bit (I'm not sure when the odds of a hidden ability 'mon appearing are best, I aim for above 30)
4) KO pokemon until only one remains
5) Put the remaining pokemon to sleep to prevent explosions for one turn
6) Switch to Trace user, learn ability
7) Switch back to Damp pokemon before the pokemon can wake up and explode

Suggested Pokemon:
Damp Poliwag/whirl/wrath/toad with Hypnosis
-or-
Damp (HA) Paras/sect with Spore
and
Trace Porygon/2
-or-
Alakazam holding an Alakazite

Parasect and Porygon 2 are the best pairing I know of currently for SOS chaining Geodudes.

After Pokemon Bank is made available Damp Parasect that have been tutored the move Worry Seed in ORAS can be migrated up, allowing Parasect to suppress explosions, reliably put foes to sleep, and check for abilities all on it's own.

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
What's the best way to farm for cash in this game? I need to finish my TM collection by buying the last few from the marts.

What's the best way to farm for cash in this game? I need to finish my TM collection by buying the last few from the marts.
E4, really. Also make sure to do Pyukumu every day.
I personally bought them all with the money from the UB quest.

Reactions: Xen

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not exactly simple, but I had a SOS mon attack the wild that called it, a sableye which night shaded the carbink that called it in 10 carat hill. I doubt this is a specific case of them making sableye eat gems as per pokedex description, so does anybody know what's up with that? There was no redirection or anything as far as I know (I had a trumbeak then magnemite)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Wouldn't be the only case. Things like that happened in horde battles previously (Durant vs Heatmor, Seviper vs Zangoose, etc). Pretty sure side attacking also happens with Corsola + Mareanie. But yes, this is a simple case of pokedex description lol.

Reactions: MZ
Not exactly simple, but I had a SOS mon attack the wild that called it, a sableye which night shaded the carbink that called it in 10 carat hill. I doubt this is a specific case of them making sableye eat gems as per pokedex description, so does anybody know what's up with that? There was no redirection or anything as far as I know (I had a trumbeak then magnemite)
It's just a case of Gameplay and Story Integration. Just like it was mentioned above, the same happens when a Corsola does a SOS call and a Mareanie appears - the latter will target the Corsola instead of your Pokemon.

(although I'm curious... has Game Freak considered the chance that we could be using a Corsola when that happens?)

Reactions: MZ
If Z Moves hit through protect but do reduced damage, how does Guardian of Alola work, which does fixed damage?

Question, do we have a reliable way of building specific ev spreads in game? For example 52 defense or 97 hp, or 248 hp. Before we knew the exact number horde evs give, and had super training. Now how am I supposed to build specific ev spreads?

Question, do we have a reliable way of building specific ev spreads in game? For example 52 defense or 97 hp, or 248 hp. Before we knew the exact number horde evs give, and had super training. Now how am I supposed to build specific ev spreads?
Level 3 Evelup Island on Poke Pelago gives you 4 EVs per session. That is the most accurate thing you can use in the entire game.

However, it's slow (barely over half a day to fully EV train a stat) and, unless you lack free time to train with Wild Pokemon, not what you'd want to do.

For high-but-not-max EVs like 248, you can always just max it out, then use an EV-reducing berry to drop it to 242, and just battle any mix of 1 or 2 EV wild Pokemon that total 6 EV. The same applies for high EVs like 200 and whatever, it's quicker than Isle Evelup. The EV-reducing berries are only available on the Route 10 Berry Tree (near the person who heals you up), and I think the Thrifty Megamart gives Tamato Berry on one of the days. I've been growing the EV-reducing berries non-stop at Poke Pelago Isle Aplenny in case I ever need to do this. For reference:

Pomeg Berry – Lowers a Pokémon's HP by 10 EVs.
Kelpsy Berry – Lowers a Pokémon's Attack by 10 EVs.
Qualot Berry – Lowers a Pokémon's Defense by 10 EVs.
Hondew Berry – Lowers a Pokémon's Special Attack by 10 EVs.
Grepa Berry – Lowers a Pokémon's Special Defense by 10 EVs.
Tamato Berry – Lowers a Pokémon's Speed by 10 EVs.

For lower EV spreads, there's Isle Evelup, which allows your Pokemon to gain 4 EV per session (30 minutes) which you can speed up to 15 minutes with Beans. Then there's also the old fashioned vitamins which are more costly.

T
1) Bring two pokemon, one w/Damp ability and a sleep inducing move, and one w/Trace ability
2) Find the Geodude/Graveler to start your chain
3) Chain a bit (I'm not sure when the odds of a hidden ability 'mon appearing are best, I aim for above 30)
4) KO pokemon until only one remains
5) Put the remaining pokemon to sleep to prevent explosions for one turn
6) Switch to Trace user, learn ability
7) Switch back to Damp pokemon before the pokemon can wake up and explode

Suggested Pokemon:
Damp Poliwag/whirl/wrath/toad with Hypnosis
-or-
HA Paras/sect with Spore
and
Trace Porygon/2
-or-
Alakazam holding an Alakazite

Parasect and Porygon 2 are the best pairing I know of currently for SOS chaining Geodudes.

After Pokemon Bank is made available Parasect that have been tutored the move Worry Seed in ORAS can be migrated up, allowing Parasect to suppress explosions, reliably put foes to sleep, and check for abilities all on it's own.
Thanks.

Are you sure? For Xurkitree I went to Lush Jungle first but couldn't find it, yet I found it at Memorial Hill...
Yeah, the same happened to me. That's because UBs other than Nihilego don't have an 100% encounter rate and they are even less likely to show up if you use a ride pokemon in the area. Just put a pokemon around lvl 40 in the lead and use a repel, eventually you'll find the UB.

But yeah, except for the last 4 ( I think ), it doesn't really matter which location you go to.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yeah, the same happened to me. That's because UBs other than Nihilego don't have an 100% encounter rate and they are even less likely to show up if you use a ride pokemon in the area. Just put a pokemon around lvl 40 in the lead and use a repel, eventually you'll find the UB.

But yeah, except for the last 4 ( I think ), it doesn't really matter which location you go to.
Nihilego doesn't have 100% either. Just, very very high compared to the others in that case. I ran into several Zubats in Diglett's Tunnel before I found Nihilego on some of my resets.

Is it random whether wild Pokemon chooses to stay on Isle Abeens in Poke Pelago, or can you do anything to influence them to stay? I just had a level 53 Lapras decide to stay, which saves me the trouble of finding one myself, but I've also had rare mons like Mismagius visit and not stay. I haven't done anything differently either as I'm quite stingy with poke beans.

Would anyone be willing to help me finish my PokeDex so I don't have to catch the beasts until later on? Need all the legends save Solgaleo and ironically I got Pheromosa on my third wonder trade.

Anyone that can help PM me and we can try to set up time.

I'm playing Moon. If I trade the Cosmoem to someone playing Sun and it goes through level 53 there, does it become a Solgaleo or a Lunala? I'm wondering it because I need to know which nature I'll Sync/SR it.

I'm playing Moon. If I trade the Cosmoem to someone playing Sun and it goes through level 53 there, does it become a Solgaleo or a Lunala? I'm wondering it because I need to know which nature I'll Sync/SR it.
If Cosmoem evolves in Pokemon Sun or Moon it'll evolve into its corresponding box legendary. So yeah, if it levels up in Pokemon Moon it'll evolve into Lunala; if it levels up in Pokemon Sun it'll evolve into Solgaleo--always. The game of origin doesn't matter.

Your Cosmoem will definitely evolve into Solgaleo once it's in Pokemon Sun! Solgaleo is physical and bulky, so any nature that reduces Sp.Atk. and increase Attack, Def, Sp.Def. or Speed will be viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)