SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It IS possible to get a Quick Ball Metagross before gen 7, but genderless Pokemon do not pass their ball down when breeding with Ditto in gen 6. You'd need to either RNG abuse for a Beldum/Metang/Metagross in gen 4 or 5, or soft reset Metang in a Steel type Friend Safari in X or Y. (or just catch one with the right nature and Hyper Train it in gen 7 if the actual IV's don't matter to you)
Oh that makes sense. RNG is a hard thing for me to learn at the moment (but I do want to learn at some point) so I probably won't be doing that for a Metagross. But I might do the Friend Safari for a bit.

Oh that makes sense. RNG is a hard thing for me to learn at the moment (but I do want to learn at some point) so I probably won't be doing that for a Metagross. But I might do the Friend Safari for a bit.
It will be annoying thanks to Pokemon found in Friend Safari at level 30 and only having two guaranteed IV's to work with, (and the possibility of the near-useless Light Metal ability) so it may be best to aim for an acceptable range for the non-crucial stats. (like Attack and Speed if going for Adamant/Jolly)

It will be annoying thanks to Pokemon found in Friend Safari at level 30 and only having two guaranteed IV's to work with, (and the possibility of the near-useless Light Metal ability) so it may be best to aim for an acceptable range for the non-crucial stats. (like Attack and Speed if going for Adamant/Jolly)
I might just forego the Pokeball simply because it bothers me that the actual IV's aren't 31 and a 2IV Pokemon is no use in my trade thread. It sucks how the males can now pass down their balls in gen. 7 but tutor moves are a thing so that perfect Metagross can't learn valuable moves like the elemental punches. Anyway, thanks for giving me a good answer :)

Wow, that's... kinda annoying. I guess I did the right thing to go for ORAS instead of XY.

And there's something I just noticed.

XY provided a gameplay mechanic where Pokemon could have 2 guaranteed perfect IVs.
ORAS provided a gameplay mechanic where Pokemon could have 3 guaranteed perfect IVs.
Sun and Moon provided a gameplay mechanic where Pokemon could have 4 guaranteed perfect IVs.

Just two more paired versions and we can get perfect wild Pokemon easily :P

Don't forget, you can bottlecap the stats, so don't fret too much over resetting. Train it to level 100 before transferring it, as it is much easier to do so with Blissey Bases.

Reactions: JR
I might just forego the Pokeball simply because it bothers me that the actual IV's aren't 31 and a 2IV Pokemon is no use in my trade thread. It sucks how the males can now pass down their balls in gen. 7 but tutor moves are a thing so that perfect Metagross can't learn valuable moves like the elemental punches. Anyway, thanks for giving me a good answer :)
Actually pokemon in the undiscovered egg group (genderless and baby pokemon) are guaranteed 3 31ivs in gen 6. So it's like soft resetting a legend. If you're going to do it then it would be better if you have a steel Safari with the HA locked, atleast 600 pokemon in your dex for critical capture and capture o-power level 3. You could also try getting HP and speed checkers (I used a kirlia for speed and a Seismic Toss mankey for HP).

Actually pokemon in the undiscovered egg group (genderless and baby pokemon) are guaranteed 3 31ivs in gen 6. So it's like soft resetting a legend. If you're going to do it then it would be better if you have a steel Safari with the HA locked, atleast 600 pokemon in your dex for critical capture and capture o-power level 3. You could also try getting HP and speed checkers (I used a kirlia for speed and a Seismic Toss mankey for HP).
The undiscovered egg group purely consists of Pokémon that cannot breed through any circumstances (as well as Phione + Manaphy). It does not consist of Genderless Pokémon that are able to breed with a Ditto like Metagross, Voltorb or Klang.

1. Does Pokerus double the amount of extra EVs earned from the Power Items?

2. How, exactly, does the EV gain work in chains? Is the EV gain simply doubled on each additional Pokemon, or does it steadily increase in some other fashion?

1. Does Pokerus double the amount of extra EVs earned from the Power Items?

2. How, exactly, does the EV gain work in chains? Is the EV gain simply doubled on each additional Pokemon, or does it steadily increase in some other fashion?
Pokerus doubles all EV's earned in battle, so a Pokemon with Pokerus holding a Power item will earn 16 EV's in the corresponding stat instead of 8. (in addition to whatever EV's they'd normally earn from the battle, so beating a Zubat in this instance will award 18 Speed EV's)
Does anybody know if you can still get more Beast Balls after you caught all the Ultrabest and Necrozma?
You can. Just speak to Looker and have no Beast Balls in your bag, and he'll give you one. It's an excruciatingly slow process, but you can do this indefinitely as long as you can continue to remove any Beast Balls from your bag if you really want to catch other things in them...

As far I know once you finish the UB missions you can't get more beast balls.

you have to hoard them before finishing the last UB by giving them as hold item to your pokemon and storing them in the PC.
1-give as hold item all your beast balls to PC pokemon
2-go ask looker for more balls
3-equip the ball to a pokemon in your party
4-ask looker again and equip them to your pokemon until all 6 have a ball equiped, then ask for one more
5-go to your pc, go for moving items, and move the 7 balls you have to PC pokemon, and go back to looker.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
As far I know once you finish the UB missions you can't get more beast balls.

you have to hoard them before finishing the last UB by giving them as hold item to your pokemon and storing them in the PC.
1-give as hold item all your beast balls to PC pokemon
2-go ask looker for more balls
3-equip the ball to a pokemon in your party
4-ask looker again and equip them to your pokemon until all 6 have a ball equiped, then ask for one more
5-go to your pc, go for moving items, and move the 7 balls you have to PC pokemon, and go back to looker.
If I remember correctly, you CAN get more Beast Balls after UB-05, but you do still have to follow these steps for more than one at a time. Looker's at one of the Hotels. (I think Route 8.)

Are there any notably useful movesets some pokemon can only get from gen 1?
Curious if there is anything I should hunt for to transfer from RBY. Or ability/move combos.

Of course, if it was something that isn't new, but you had to transfer all the way from FRLG up to gen 7, I'd consider hunting that too, because I don't want to do all those transfers...

Are there any notably useful movesets some pokemon can only get from gen 1?
Curious if there is anything I should hunt for to transfer from RBY. Or ability/move combos.

Of course, if it was something that isn't new, but you had to transfer all the way from FRLG up to gen 7, I'd consider hunting that too, because I don't want to do all those transfers...
Vacuum Wave Chimchar

Is it still possible to put a Pokémon in bank and have its ability change? Because I just got a Shiny Female Snorunt with Inner Focus and need my Froslass <3

This is technically a SM question, but I couldn't find a better forum to post this on.

So I'm organizing my PC boxes, and I get to Glalie, and I head to the search tab to find it in my sea of pokemon (nearly filled all 32 boxes) and he's not in there. Glalie isn't an island scan mon, and Froslass is in the program? Did Gamefreak mess up, or is this just my system?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This is technically a SM question, but I couldn't find a better forum to post this on.

So I'm organizing my PC boxes, and I get to Glalie, and I head to the search tab to find it in my sea of pokemon (nearly filled all 32 boxes) and he's not in there. Glalie isn't an island scan mon, and Froslass is in the program? Did Gamefreak mess up, or is this just my system?
Moved your thread to the Simple Questions thread in the SM section.

As for the answer to the question... I have no idea. Hopefully others will be able to find something.

Can you explain what you're talking about in more detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)