Sticky Sun/Moon Sprite Project

leParagon

I'm still around, don't worry
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
aXl everything looks in place now :D

also here are the Zygarde sprites from my DA:
zygarde_forms_by_leparagon-d99f128.png

i made these last year when i still had room to improve, so i still need to fix 10% and there are a few things i might wanna change on 100%. or i might resprite it completely

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
aXl everything looks in place now :D

also here are the Zygarde sprites from my DA: View attachment 68821

i made these last year when i still had room to improve, so i still need to fix 10% and there are a few things i might wanna change on 100%. or i might resprite it completely
Yeah I recall seeing those, I wouldn't mind using 10% and complete if you made backs for them, (those are the only ones ingame) just give them the same colours as the Zygarde we have on X/Y.

The Cynical Poet check out this post by Wverii in regards to your back sprite tails: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-3-sprite-submissions.3467075/page-2

Or just for anyone who wants to master the curves

I've updated the chart, hope to see more things on it even with the school year starting up.

Last edited:
Zygarde Core and Cell aren't needed for Showdown, as they apparently don't use moves. I still might brush up my old Core sprite and add a back sprite someday, though, for fun's sake.

leparagon I'm thinking of spriting Oricorio Pom-Pom and Baile eventually. How would you feel about doing the other two?

Turtonator's back spikes still don't match up too well with the front's. The front spikes have more of a zigzag pattern (correct), whereas the back spikes have a concave curve between each point (incorrect).

leParagon

Zygarde Core and Cell aren't needed for Showdown, as they apparently don't use moves. I still might brush up my old Core sprite and add a back sprite someday, though, for fun's sake.

leparagon I'm thinking of spriting Oricorio Pom-Pom and Baile eventually. How would you feel about doing the other two?

Turtonator's back spikes still don't match up too well with the front's. The front spikes have more of a zigzag pattern (correct), whereas the back spikes have a concave curve between each point (incorrect).
sure thing, pom. I'll work on the other two :D and haha yeah, i'll fix the spikes xD my bad

Layell , I'll work on the backs after I clean up Turtonator :D
btw i noticed you're using Azul's Morelull sprites? he's a friend and i know he's a great spriter, but i think his Morelull could use some fixing up a bit with the colors and the shading ^^"
also, am i allowed to send my version of Mimikyu? i don't really feel Trainer Splash's sprites tbvh

oh and Fish made an awesome Wishiwashi school form sprite. fishBowlSoul, you cool with me making a backsprite for it? or do you wanna do it :D

Last edited:
View attachment 67905

Sandygast. I have no idea what the mouth is supposed to look like from behind... I realized after starting that even the reveal trailer doesn't show the back view. So until we have better references, this is my best guess, which I got by reversing the front sprite and erasing the eyes because laziness

Also, I'm in the middle of some minor QC on Fomantis and Lurantis

EDIT: updated back sprite
Just to assist on this, the newest Japanese trailer shows the backs for Sandygast and Palossand (plus Type:Null and a lot of others)

leParagon

calling dibs on type null (so odd yet epic) and Alolan Raticate :P

if i finish fixing Turtonator and doing Zygarde form backsprites, i wanna work on the yellow heart dragon too xD

So... after viewing and being horrified by both the new English and Japanese trailers, here are my predictions:
  1. The plot involves some sort of alternate dimension and/or humans-fusing-with-Pokémon mechanic never before seen in the series
  2. Some of the antagonists and supporting characters are blood relatives somehow
  3. The Poké Finder is the closest thing we'll ever get to a Pokémon Snap sequel
Also, Type: Null and UB-01 are the very definition of horror... "something that shouldn't be, but is."

Just to assist on this, the newest Japanese trailer shows the backs for Sandygast and Palossand (plus Type:Null and a lot of others)
Thanks, viper. I'll edit Sandygast's back later, then.

Alongside the new trailers, there's this screenshot of what looks like a humanoid Cutiefly evolution. In case it gets confirmed, I'd like to reserve it.

Last edited:
Oh yeah that reminds me I should probably put in a request for my next pokemon before I forget what with Aslash probably wrapping up soon so...

vikavolt? I think that one's still available right? sure, that one.

leParagon

Type: Null front sprite first. i swear it was actually easier to sprite Perfect Zygarde. and the color count of Type: Null is unfathomably painful. couldn't afford any shades for the green front legs and had to use black for the outline of the main body T^T really gonna need feedback on this xD
type null.png
backsprite coming soon

also i made Alolan Raticate this morning when my professor couldn't make it to class xD
alolan raticate.png
backsprite coming soon too

tbh i sprited Jangmo-o, both front and back xD but exactly the time i finished it, i saw Wobble's message about reserving it. good luck to Wobblebuns though :D

EDIT: done with Null's backsprite. also made a quick edit to the front sprite cuz i accidentally had one unnecessary color. removed it and used that color slot for the green on its helmet
type null.png

EDIT (again): done with A. Raticate
alolan raitcate.png

oh and Layell i forgot to mention that i made Crabrawler xD but i noticed that you put it on the list already xD thanks for that xD

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

So I've been frustrated with this sprite for a while and I'm not liking how it's coming along. If I can't get it to something I like within a week or so, I'll probably drop it :/

leParagon

here you go
zygarde 10.png

also Wobblebuns since there's a new trailer with the back view of Solgaleo in full range of motion, I think it'd be great if you used that as reference if you plan on tweaking your backsprite :D

p.s: noticed some stuff I need to fix on 10%'s backsprite. but i'm out for the night so will update tomorrow :D

Last edited:

MBCMechachu

formerly Pikafan2000
is an Artist

So I've been frustrated with this sprite for a while and I'm not liking how it's coming along. If I can't get it to something I like within a week or so, I'll probably drop it :/
Perhaps I could help.
I actually reworked the shape of the front sprite a little & added in some elements from the Mudsdale sprite leparagon made:
Mudsdale.png

It isn't a lot but I thought it would be of benefit.

leParagon

Pikafan2000 's edit seemed like a step in the right direction! i thought i might add mine here so you could maybe use it as reference too aside from the official art, since our sprites have more similar poses as compared to the official art:
mudsdale.png
notice how the face is slightly slimmer and how the eyes are more rounded out. the mane of my sprite didn't focus too much on the "poofiness" of Mudsdale's hair so don't mind that part; i think it's better that you slightly defined the mane, although i do think it could be rounded out better :)

dibs on Rockruff's evolution day form xD already made a front sprite
interested in doing night but not calling it yet in case someone wants to sprite that :)

Last edited:
Would like to state that I am willing and eager to do a Lugarugan form. Both are equally appealing, so I'll take whichever one the next person doesn't reserve, Kanto-Fossil-Maniac-style.

leParagon

Would like to state that I am willing and eager to do a Lugarugan form. Both are equally appealing, so I'll take whichever one the next person doesn't reserve, Kanto-Fossil-Maniac-style.
yo dude you cool with working on the night form? xD i already reserved the midday form (check my previous post xD)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mq
Edited Sandygast again, finally. The missing pebble is now present, and hopefully, the silhouettes of the front and back aren't so eerily similar.

leparagon The new garde dog front is great, but I agree that the back could use a bit of work. Likewise, Type: Null looks awesome, and imo it isn't immediately obvious that you're running up against the colour limit (if the shiny makes it any worse, though, we might have another Xerneas situation to deal with). The back sprite seems rather odd, though. I feel that the "butt" is too high and should drop down slightly, while the tail is connected at a strange angle.

Since all I have reserved is Oricorio, I'm contemplating doing QC on Stufful and Bewear in lieu of leparagon, as he has a load of other things on his plate. Now that the XY Sprite Project is finished (or rather, I'm finished with the XY Sprite Project huehue), I might just take a break from spriting for the time being.

leParagon

Edited Sandygast again, finally. The missing pebble is now present, and hopefully, the silhouettes of the front and back aren't so eerily similar.

leparagon The new garde dog front is great, but I agree that the back could use a bit of work. Likewise, Type: Null looks awesome, and imo it isn't immediately obvious that you're running up against the colour limit (if the shiny makes it any worse, though, we might have another Xerneas situation to deal with). The back sprite seems rather odd, though. I feel that the "butt" is too high and should drop down slightly, while the tail is connected at a strange angle.

Since all I have reserved is Oricorio, I'm contemplating doing QC on Stufful and Bewear in lieu of leparagon, as he has a load of other things on his plate. Now that the XY Sprite Project is finished (or rather, I'm finished with the XY Sprite Project huehue), I might just take a break from spriting for the time being.
thanks pom! qc is highly appreciated. and yeah I forgot to mention that I wanted to fix Null's back a bit too. the tail height tipped me off then I realized how high its ass was xD

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm going to keep HnD's final Mudsdale sprite, I appreciate all the posts commenting on it. I'll see about addressing any changes at the launch of Sun/Moon.

Pikafan2000 please see the first post and consider sending me a spriter application : )

MBCMechachu

formerly Pikafan2000
is an Artist
I'm going to keep HnD's final Mudsdale sprite, I appreciate all the posts commenting on it. I'll see about addressing any changes at the launch of Sun/Moon.

Pikafan2000 please see the first post and consider sending me a spriter application : )
I'll be sure to remember that for next time I post something on here, sorry.

leParagon

Layell are you still looking to have the Ultra Beasts sprited? i don't think we can play them in S/M but i noticed you put them on the list

in case you are, i wanna call dibs on Absorption :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)