Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Thus the solution is don't remove them at all (please)
i wouldn't cry for a removal myself, the only reason i can think of doing so is to include krystal [as i personally wouldn't say that star fox is popular enough for four character representation]

krystal would not only satisfy the desire for more female characters [#tropesagainstwomeninvideogames] but she could also play in two totally different ways [or have a mishmash of the two] in the sense that she could not only use her staff, but also the more science-fiction-esque weapons from star fox [like guns and grenades] and could probably have some final smash to do with the dinosaurs idek

Arwingpedia said:
When Nintendo surveyed fans to see what new characters they hoped were in Brawl, Krystal was the top female character most hoped for. In spite of this, she didn't make a playable appearance.
^ adds to the possibility

Very true, but a lot of their physical attacks share the same animations. I like playing as lucario a bit more though, but I never really like melee's control style anyway.
Er, not really. From what I remember, Mewtwo's Aerials and Tilts relied mostly on using his tail to smack the opponent. The only non special attack I can think of that they both shared similar movements for are their Forward and Up Smashes.

Yeah von, Lucario's a pretty unique fighter and I'd hate to see him go, but I think Nintendo is looking to mirror your experience with him for a 6th generation rep. I'm hoping they hold onto him since they look like they're using Brawl's engine and characters as a template and give us our 4th generation poster boy Lucario and a new Gen 6 representative (such as Newtwo).

Also, I'll go ahead and say now that calling Wolf a clone of fox kind of agitates me. I feel like a majority of the people who say they're clones are just looking at their special attacks and nothing more. Really, their special attacks and final smash are all they have in common; Wolf has a completely unique set of tilts, aerials, and smashes. Samus and Captain Falcon have about as much in common with one another (3 near identical attacks versus Wolf and Fox's 5 final smash included).

And even then, their specials are still different. Wolf's laser is big, slow, fizzles out, and stuns. Fox's has infinite range, is insanely fast, is really thin, and does zero hitstun. Wolf's side B goes diagonally up, which doesn't sound like a big difference but it is.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Even including the specials and smashes, as robotnick said, they're very different. Each one's recovery, landmaster skills, and even reflector are vastly changed. They made sure with the space animals to make them all very unique and different, even though the specials have the same style. Wolf is a completely different character to fox, but I enjoy playing as falco more. I could not begin to describe my rage if one of the three was removed to make room for krystal...that's almost like putting slippy in there. Maybe if retro was indeed working on a new fox game then they could have 4 character support, but the best I can hope for now is no removals.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah Wolf and Fox aren't clones at all (same goes with Ness and Lucas). The attacks might have the same names or even look similar, but there's enough of a difference that moving from one to the other is like learning a completely new character. Falco and Fox on the other hand... Starfox doesn't deserve 4 characters considering how more "influential" games like Kirby and Donkey Kong have less. If Krystal comes in, it'll hopefully be at the expense of Falco and not Wolf, I'd prefer to just keep the current trio though. I'd like to see Lucina come in as a "strong female" archetype, but Nintendo is going to put in lame Crom.

Lucina is an awesome character, but it would be pretty odd to have two fighters on the roster both using Falchion so I dunno. FE:A representation would be awesome though. Putting my vote in for Morgan or another Mercenary or tome user.

morgan is pretty broad though in the sense that he or she can be just about everything [even the sex is not consistent] so would probably not be the best for smash because morgan has no clearly defined characteristics. you also probably won't know who morgan is unless you do a fair bit of research into fire emblem, and smash is generally for those that are more quickly recognizable.

lucina would be awesome + is an important character + fills the void for females, but chrom is the main character of awakening and she's still a sword user unlike the 31415 sword users from fire emblem we've seen so far in brawl, so she wouldn't be particularly innovative or interesting.

[plus she'd probably be too similar to marth if marth wasn't the replaced person, and marth is more or less the face of fire emblem due to being the first protag + the protag in several fe games - if marth could skin as lucina that'd be sick, especially since they both wield the falchion]

I'm excited for the new SSB game. Not only do they finally have Mega Man make an appearance, but the Villager from Animal Crossing has finally arrived and the, um, Wii Fit Trainer?, Well, the other two are awesome.

I don't really want Krystal in the game if the only reason she's gonna be added is because "more female characters". If she was going to be in the game, it would be for her popularity as a character and her importance to the series, imo. And to be honest, I don't see her as 'needing' a spot on the roster for either of those reasons. Sure, she could be interesting with her staff and stuff, but most stuff could be interesting, but it doesn't mean they have to be in the game.

That's how I see it anyway.

And to be honest, I don't see her as 'needing' a spot on the roster for either of those reasons. Sure, she could be interesting with her staff and stuff, but most stuff could be interesting, but it doesn't mean they have to be in the game.
Well Star Fox overall doesn't need another character on the roster at all, it is a series that doesn't seem to be getting any new games in the future.

I think 3 reps (which happen to be very similar, and have the same finisher) is more than enough. If it was up to me I would cut Falco, but he has been on 2 games already so there are people that would miss him.

Honestly I'd rather see Anna above any other FE character but it's not happening so whatever. Also a stage based on the last chapter would be amazing.

My unit uses tomes+swords but idk about anyone else

Edit: Ike could use axes in the very end of radiant dawn but it didn't really matter because he had an unbreaking rape sword

my friend was furious that anna could only go to s rank with the avatar ahhhh

ike's not really relevant anymore either though i guess he was dlc for awakening
besides chrom looks like he would fight pretty similarly lmao they even both have blue hair
[all of the fire emblem people except for eliwood and roy seem to have blue hair and those two are directly related so ;n;]

If they don't end up keeping Pokemon Trainer or a variation of him (like with different gen starters), I would love for a new challenger to be another character with multiple forms that forces you to rotate.

Sure, you have some multiple formers, like Samus and Zelda/Sheik. But most tournament players you see as them tend to only use one form, and the forms are even tiered differently. So people switch to a certain form and master it, instead of mastering both forms (usually).

But Pokemon Trainer was different. As everyone should know, your Pokemon got tired and you needed to switch if you wanted to keep doing a lot of damage. So it really did matter to master each form. I really hope they bring back one of those, although I'm not sure how they would without someone like Pokemon Trainer.

Honestly I'd rather see Anna above any other FE character but it's not happening so whatever. Also a stage based on the last chapter would be amazing.
Sweet fucking fuck this. Anna is the constant throughout Fire Emblem, appearing in every single game. She is the RNG Goddess, and she's damn hilarious and useful in Awakening. I would kill to have her playable in Smash.

On the topic of music, am I the only one hoping that Sonic gets some new songs, Live and Learn/Sonic Heroes are nice, but they aren't exactly top tier in Crush 40's repertoire.

Personally, I would love to see some of their heavier work included, particularly, I Am All of Me/All Hail Shadow/Fight the Knight/Sonic Youth.
Speaking of which, where was E.G.G.M.A.N. during SSBB?

Honestly, I'd be happier to get parts of the Generations soundtrack--Crisis City/Rooftop Run Classic, anyone?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Brawl soundtrack is the best ever but does it count when 90% of it isn't original music? >:o

Starfox doesn't deserve 4 characters considering how more "influential" games like Kirby and Donkey Kong have less.
Influence doesn't matter if you don't have the character pool to draw from. Who else do you even add from the Kirby franchise than the three already in? Nightmare? Random misbosses like Poppy Bros. Sr. or Bugzzy? Maybe you could make the argument for Daroach but nobody knows who the fuck that is anyway, not that that's stopped Sakurai before. DK franchise is slightly better off, since Dixie/Funky have some exposure to justify either as 4th-5th characters. (K. Rool is the obvious third.)

if marth could skin as lucina that'd be sick, especially since they both wield the falchion
and they're both girls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)