Super Smash Bros 64, Melee, and Brawl thread

Low tiers FTW, there is mewtwo low on the tier list and then there is taj's mewtwo which is midway up the list.

Haters gonna hate, my first game was Brawl, though I did play the original on the N64 for the time my stepbrother had it when i was about 3. I remember I would spend 2 hours at a time trying to beat eh mode where you had to beat Master Hand. I think i did it with about 5 characters...?

Anyways, when it comes to Brawl, I'm a big fan of Kirby, if just for the fact that I can spam his down-B attack and his A attack. Pikachu's fun for that too. In terms of fun, Lucario is my favorite character to play casually, if just because his Final Smash is pretty badass. Snake's really cool too, and his Final Smash is a motherfuckin BOSS

Yeah, I'm a casual player :P

777 :D

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
For those of you who choose to play with items, are there any items (besides for the smash ball) that 'break' the game in your opinion?? Personally, I think the hammers are a bit broken because there's very little you can do to defend yourself against it. Also, I know they're not really broken, but when someone places a bumper RIGHT BY a ledge it's SO DAMN ANNOYING!! Finally, in your opinion, which pokemon is the most useful (from the pokeballs) and which assist trophy is the most useful??

Uh... Power Star much? It's like the hammer sort of except you're way more mobile and don't have a chance of being rendered helpless by the weighted end falling off.

At the moment I'm trying to locate a copy of the original SSB64. This is such a bitch.

For those of you who choose to play with items, are there any items (besides for the smash ball) that 'break' the game in your opinion?? Personally, I think the hammers are a bit broken because there's very little you can do to defend yourself against it. Also, I know they're not really broken, but when someone places a bumper RIGHT BY a ledge it's SO DAMN ANNOYING!! Finally, in your opinion, which pokemon is the most useful (from the pokeballs) and which assist trophy is the most useful??
in brawl? if you're a good player, almost every item in the game gives you a practically guaranteed ko except like the fire flower and the bunny hood

Answering briefly, but there is a topic on SWF about which items are competitive/semi-so/broken.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164675
Just skip down to the green/yellow/red highlighted items to see the general consensus.

I play with item's semi-competitively when I'm with certain friends, as in we run a sort of CP of loser adds a reasonable item (not a smashball etc), and it's rather fun. I mean, that's with one group of friends I play with, but I lean towards the camp that believes items are Smash Bros.' strength when compared to other fighting games and should be utilized to some degree. I would at least try my best to support such a tournament near me. Food is the one the thing I want the most, as it plays a big part on a few stages and probably is fair when turned on low TBH.

I believe the consensus on the hammers are that the black one is easily handled by blocking (unsafe on block), but the golden one is too strong. Bumpers are pretty ridiculous, and I don't personally play with them. The Pokemon I prefer most is *usually* Groudon when it can lock off an opponent from an entire swath of the stage, but I don't think it's the most useful. As for assist trophy, it's hard to call, but probably Andross for the reason that it forces your opponent to react in obvious ways that you capitalize. The ones I mentioned may not be the best, but I always like when I pull them.

My *favorite* of the two are Manaphy and the Platform Assist, though!

My favorite Item has to be the soccer ball. It's just hilarious when someone tries to hide from me then gets wrecked by a flaming Black and White sphere barreling at them at ludicrous speeds

Thing with items is that they grant most of the time an instant advantage to the player it spawns nearest to, this takes away some of the competitive elements of the game, and makes it significantly more luck based. Albeit, they are fun to play with as a distraction.

In fact, one time when i was so sad (lotsa bad stuff going on), my friend came over. He too is a competitive player, but when he saw that i was on the brink of suicide, he had an idea. In melee, Bombs, pokeballs, motion sensor bombs only 99 stock super fast mode. Laughed so much, relieved so much stress.

For one, this thread is interesting, it has eleven pages of posts already, bumping does not hurt, so why make an unnecessary comment? I mean honestly, how did that help in any way?

Bumping is for analyses that need more checks or RMTs that need more attention, something that wants opinions needs bumps, if people like the Super Smash Bros series they will post on this thread, just be patient

Paradoxus said:
Bumping is for analyses that need more checks or RMTs that need more attention, something that wants opinions needs bumps, if people like the Super Smash Bros series they will post on this thread, just be patient
I'm interested in the Smash series, but I didn't remember that this thread existed until mach3 bumped it.

Finally got around to watching some of the later Genesis 2 Melee matches (I wish they were all compiled in nice neat order somewhere, so I could have watched them before already knowing who was in Grand Finals).

Happy that Taj got third; it was always kind of weird seeing him basically optimize Mewtwo, but then sort of perform "okay" with Marth.

Happy that Mango lost, too. I've never met him and I'm sure he's a great guy or whatever, but his mentality has rubbed me the wrong way ever since he bitched about Hungrybox and dropped Jigglypuff in order to be more "exciting" or whatever. Super great player, I'm glad that he took the game seriously for once, but I can't root for him over the guy who learned Young Link and camped Hungrybox so hard that he timed him out once, almost twice. Talk about being fucking serious about winning. Speaking of which, Hungrybox is amazing and everyone whining about his "gay" playstyle needs to shut up. My favorite Melee player at the moment, hands-down.

Yeah, mango was stupid in the GF's, he underestimated armada, and was showing off with wall jump shines and died! he lost a set because of that. Of course, armada out-played him the whole way, and i am sick of all of the people making excuses for mango like "well, he beat him in friendlies!" I mean cmon, comparing friendlies to the GF's is ridiculous. Good job armada!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)