Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Grav Apple
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Dragon Breath

It was not bad.

It was nothing to write home about, but it was not terrible either.
I don't think that I can reccomend it for serious play.

I experimented a little with this flapple set
Flapple @ Zoom Lens
Ability: Hustle
Brave Nature
- Grav Apple
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Dragon Breath

It was not bad.

Scarf Flapple was one I tinkered with. It was a fun time when I played it in UU. I don't see any form of Flapple doing anything in OU though.

viivian

beep boop
is a Tiering Contributor
I experimented a little with this flapple set
Flapple @ Zoom Lens
Ability: Hustle
Brave Nature
- Grav Apple
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Dragon Breath

It was not bad.

dragon breath? what does that do?

So here's a bit of modernized blast from the past; I'm trying to draft a team for DragMag, except DragMagFairy.

Y'know, that hyper offense team style. Magneton/Magnezone, a boat load of Dragons, but adding in a Fairy to be able to check other things as well.

I want to hear your guys' thoughts on the team draft so far. I already know a fair few weaknesses of the team, but I don't think there's much I can do about it. Link to the PokePaste is in the icons.

:magnezone: :iron-valiant: :garchomp: :roaring-moon: :dragapult: :noivern:

:magnezone: @ Leftovers
Modest Nature | Tera Flying
Magnet Pull
252 SpAtk / 184 Def / 72 Speed
Discharge
Flash Cannon
Body Press
Volt Switch

:iron-valiant: @ Expert Belt
Naive Nature | Tera Steel
Quark Drive
252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 Atk
Close Combat
Moonblast
Psyshock
Shadow Ball

:garchomp: @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature | Tera Steel
Rough Skin
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 SpDef
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Iron Head
Stealth Rock

:roaring-moon: @ Booster Energy
Jolly Nature | Tera Flying
Protosynthesis
220 Atk / 252 Speed / 36 Def
Crunch
Acrobatics
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

:dragapult: @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature | Tera Ghost
Infiltrator
252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 Def
Draco Meteor
Shadow Ball
Surf
U-Turn

:noivern: @ Heavy-Duty Booties
Modest Nature | Tera Fire
Infiltrator
Air Slash
Flamethrower
U-Turn
Defog

The main issue here is, of course, opposing Dragons. Specifically opposing Scarfers or Dragonite. While Tera types, Valiant, and Mag can sort of deflect them a bit, being a Hyper Offense style of team means that they can possibly dookie all over you if you play it wrong.
The second issue is hazards control. In DragMagFairy, our only actual form of hazard control is Noivern's Defog, so it's kind of an auto include here. One could always play Great Tusk or Iron Treads, but then you'd have to either drop your Fairy, or drop a Dragon.
Opposing Fairies, specifically opposing Valiants, are also going to be a big problem. But at least you can run for a speed tie on your own Valiant (if they aren't Quark: Speed or Scarf), or potentially delete it with Tera Steel Garchomp or Tera Fire Noivern.
Garganacl is also going to be a major headache with Salt Cure. Nothing on the team wants to run Cloak, and the best thing I could do is start VoltTurn play when it shows up.
Other notable issues are Meowscarada (specifically the CB variant that carries Play Rough), Amoonguss/Breloom with Spore, Corviknight could potentially be a problem, Scarf Gholdengo could pose an annoyance -- especially if they commit a Tera Flying to it, Volcarona can be a major threat, and breaking Ting-Lu will be a nightmare.

Dragon Breath Flapple. That's a new one.

So here's a bit of modernized blast from the past; I'm trying to draft a team for DragMag, except DragMagFairy.

Y'know, that hyper offense team style. Magneton/Magnezone, a boat load of Dragons, but adding in a Fairy to be able to check other things as well.

I want to hear your guys' thoughts on the team draft so far. I already know a fair few weaknesses of the team, but I don't think there's much I can do about it. Link to the PokePaste is in the icons.

Magnet Pull
Discharge
Flash Cannon
Body Press
Volt Switch

Quark Drive
Close Combat
Moonblast
Psyshock
Shadow Ball

Rough Skin
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Iron Head
Stealth Rock

Protosynthesis
Crunch
Acrobatics
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

Infiltrator
Draco Meteor
Shadow Ball
Surf
U-Turn

Infiltrator
Air Slash
Flamethrower
U-Turn
Defog

The main issue here is, of course, opposing Dragons. Specifically opposing Scarfers or Dragonite. While Tera types, Valiant, and Mag can sort of deflect them a bit, being a Hyper Offense style of team means that they can possibly dookie all over you if you play it wrong.
The second issue is hazards control. In DragMagFairy, our only actual form of hazard control is Noivern's Defog, so it's kind of an auto include here. One could always play Great Tusk or Iron Treads, but then you'd have to either drop your Fairy, or drop a Dragon.
Opposing Fairies, specifically opposing Valiants, are also going to be a big problem. But at least you can run for a speed tie on your own Valiant (if they aren't Quark: Speed or Scarf), or potentially delete it with Tera Steel Garchomp or Tera Fire Noivern.
Garganacl is also going to be a major headache with Salt Cure. Nothing on the team wants to run Cloak, and the best thing I could do is start VoltTurn play when it shows up.
Other notable issues are Meowscarada (specifically the CB variant that carries Play Rough), Amoonguss/Breloom with Spore, Corviknight could potentially be a problem, Scarf Gholdengo could pose an annoyance -- especially if they commit a Tera Flying to it, Volcarona can be a major threat, and breaking Ting-Lu will be a nightmare.
I think the biggest problem I can foresee with this is that almost every single thing on here folds to Baxcalibur, who can easily deal with both the Drag and the Mag. The Dragon Dance set in particular would be problematic, as after that it outspeeds Valiant and has a good chance to OHKO it with Icicle Crash after rocks. It comes in, dances once, and now you're forced to rely on Roaring Moon to dance right back at it and outspeed it again, which is Tera dependent and could force an untimely Booster Energy use.

Dragon Breath Flapple. That's a new one.

I think the biggest problem I can foresee with this is that almost every single thing on here folds to Baxcalibur, who can easily deal with both the Drag and the Mag. The Dragon Dance set in particular would be problematic, as after that it outspeeds Valiant and has a good chance to OHKO it with Icicle Crash after rocks. It comes in, dances once, and now you're forced to rely on Roaring Moon to dance right back at it and outspeed it again, which is Tera dependent and could force an untimely Booster Energy use.
Yep, hence why I said opposing Dragons are still a problem. I don't think DragMagFairy could ever reliably beat Bax without running a Bax of its own. The only other solution I can think of is Magnet Rise Magnezone, but that's gimmicky as hell.

Magnet Pull
Discharge
Flash Cannon
Body Press
Volt Switch

Quark Drive
Close Combat
Moonblast
Psyshock
Shadow Ball

Rough Skin
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Iron Head
Stealth Rock

Protosynthesis
Crunch
Acrobatics
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

Infiltrator
Draco Meteor
Shadow Ball
Surf
U-Turn

Infiltrator
Air Slash
Flamethrower
U-Turn
Defog

Ay I made a dragmag team too not too long ago. I've had some decent success with it.
:dragapult: :dragonite: :baxcalibur: :iron valiant: :magnezone: :tinkaton:
There's no hazard removal, but the idea is that you use Tinkaton to get up rocks vs even the likes of Hatterene. It checks common problems for dragmag such as Dragapult, Iron Valiant, Hatterene and Gholdengo. Then your dragons, especially Banded Baxcalibur, go nuts. Hurricane on Dnite is necessary as I feel Tusk can be problematic especially since it gets a free switch vs Tink. Overall pretty fun team I'd say.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've been seeing a huge uptick in the ladder with Tyranitar, which isn't a bad thing I love seeing the OU legend around. It's doing a pretty fantastic job in fighting for weather spam.

Oh, so you know all the 465357 flying mons?
Name all of them

Anyways, theorymonning time!
CHOICE BAND :sv/dondozo:
Dondozo @ Choice Band
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Water/Ice/Dragon/Electric/Dark
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Order Up/Tera Blast

This in theory, is a strong surprise attacker. Wave Crash has high power and hits hard due to the combination of STAB, good attack and choice band boost and can surprise many neutral switchins. Ice fang freezes switchins like meowscarada, and hits others such as Dragapult and has good synergy with wave crash. Earthquake has high power and brilliant super-effective and neutral coverage, and is to an extent spammable. Order Up rounds up the moveset due to its great neutral coverage along with hitting dragons, especially the ice-neutral Baxcalibur hard. Tera blast can alsobe used with the Tera types in italic to suit your needs. Electric hits waters and Dark hits Gholdengo and also has great coverage.
Col set! Dondozo learns Crunch so you don't need Tera Blast to have Dark coverage.

Grav Apple.
Sucker Punch.
Tera Blast (Fire).
Dragon Dance.

These were the moves I used when I tried Flapple in OU. I guess you can run U-Turn and Outrage somewhere. You won't be getting many wins with this Mon, but it does sweep sometimes.

Flapple also learns Dragon Pulse. Even within its own moveset, Dragon Breath is outclassed. I'd rather have an almost 1.5x damage boost over less than reliable odds to paralyze an enemy. Fainted is a much stronger status condition than paralysis.

I could see going for it as some sort of last ditch Hail Mary to see if you can get your cheeky 30% paralysis off, but certainly not as your only Dragon STAB.

Ay I made a dragmag team too not too long ago. I've had some decent success with it.
:dragapult: :dragonite: :baxcalibur: :iron valiant: :magnezone: :tinkaton:
There's no hazard removal, but the idea is that you use Tinkaton to get up rocks vs even the likes of Hatterene. It checks common problems for dragmag such as Dragapult, Iron Valiant, Hatterene and Gholdengo. Then your dragons, especially Banded Baxcalibur, go nuts. Hurricane on Dnite is necessary as I feel Tusk can be problematic especially since it gets a free switch vs Tink. Overall pretty fun team I'd say.
That's definitely an interesting take on it, though it seems like it probably struggles against opposing Bax like mine does.
while this is true that it isn't boosted by hustle, this pokemon is too weak to afford being locked in one move for 2-3 turns.
That's why you don't commit to it without clearing the resists first, lmao. Dragon Breath is trash. At least use Draco Meteor.

That's definitely an interesting take on it, though it seems like it probably struggles against opposing Bax like mine does.
I think you can generally play around Bax with Tink, Zone and Dnite, but yeah DD can pose a threat. You can still deal with it by revenging Band with your dragons and revenging DD with Valiant.

1LDK

Light Up The Night
is a Top Team Rater
For the people who use Ttar right now

Your doing this for the sun/WW matchup right?

What set are you using?

What teammates your using?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

What set are you using?

Sometimes I'm seeing it run the AV set, sometimes (mostly usually it's running a special defensive 252 HP / some speed EVS / a decent chunk of SpD EVs), and than I see the Choice Band set as well.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams

What set are you using?

I've used it prior to Walking Wake's release because it has a great matchup against a lot of HO cheese (not only sun, but also Psychic Terrain for instance) and sand chip is invaluable when trying to chip down the likes of Dondozo, Amoonguss, DNite and Tera'd Garganacl. I've had the most success with it on Spikes teams that have really solid anti-Tusk measures (because even with Ice Beam it can come in and Spin) to facilitate late game cleanups with Iron Valiant, Kingambit, etc. Thunder Wave is a cool move to run on it; Protect+Lefties and HDB+Taunt are both decent but nothing special. In general it's not a great mon by any means but it has a cool niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)