Swanna

Cooky

Banned deucer.
At the OP the combination of Surf / Windstorm is also resisted by Rotom-W, Dialga and Shedinja.

At the OP the combination of Surf / Windstorm is also resisted by Rotom-W, Dialga and Shedinja.
Windstorm = flying, shedinja = bug, bug = weak to flying. But yes, rotom-w deserves a mention. I doubt dialga does though.... i really don't think you'll ever see a swana vs dialga but w.e

I think I just saw a Prevo-stone KOARUHIE, Swanna's prevo...

Could someone post some damage calcs of Swanna versus Evostone-Koaruhie to justify why i saw one?

It survived to Toxic...
Im not posting real damage calculations, but with this, you should be able to compare them

Koaruhie has:
62/50/50 defenses, with pre evo stone that's
62/75/75
Swanna has
75/63/63
I think it comes close, but the loss of offense power(44/44/55 for Koaruhie,and 87/87/98 for Swanna) and the loss of an item, say, leftovers, or Life Orb, or Choice items etc. makes Swanna a FAR better choice

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Im not posting real damage calculations, but with this, you should be able to compare them

Koaruhie has:
62/50/50 defenses, with pre evo stone that's
62/75/75
Swanna has
75/63/63
I think it comes close, but the loss of offense power(44/44/55 for Koaruhie,and 87/87/98 for Swanna) and the loss of an item, say, leftovers, or Life Orb, or Choice items etc. makes Swanna a FAR better choice
Uh, that's not how Evolution Stone works. You don't multiply the base stats, you multiply the actual stats. If you have something like max Defense neutral nature, which is 199 Defense, you get 298 Defense. Even with Min investment, Koaruhie's stat (136) will get raised to 204. That gives it much, much more than 62/75/75 defenses.

With that said, I don't know why anyone would use Evolution Stone Koaruhie when Mantyke can do the job of Evolution Stone Water/Flying so much better thanks to 120 base special defense.

lol it looks like a mix of altaria and wingull :D
*facepalm*

I really like swana but her/his stats are really disappointing...her movepool isn't that great either. Windstorm, air slash, brave bird, surf, and boiling water...HOLY COW....it's a good thing that those moves get perfect coverage(well almost). Swana is going to be a beast I lower tiers though.

It's strange how ALL the pokemon I love ended up mediocre and the ones I'm not a fan of(go fuck yourself roopushin) ended up near perfection... gamefreak has always favored ugly pokemon so...

I actually think that Swanna is a pretty cool Pokemon. It doesn't look lame, it has nice doubles synergy. It might not have great stats or moves but all of the moves it has mesh well together.

With the whole HP Grass vs HP Ground, it all depends on whether you really want to hit Empoleon or Rotom-W. I vote for HP Ground because you're probably going to switch out if a Rotom-W comes out anyway, HP grass or no, because you're not going to OHKO it even with Specs, barring a crit of course, and Rotom will just OHKO with thunderbolt.

7 egg moves only learning normal water, ice and flying through level up and tm makes it a really shallow move pool and booth mediocre attack and special attack makes it have very very few move sets and a not very good typing makes it almost impossible to use

*facepalm*

I really like swana but her/his stats are really disappointing...her movepool isn't that great either. Windstorm, air slash, brave bird, surf, and boiling water...HOLY COW....it's a good thing that those moves get perfect coverage(well almost). Swana is going to be a beast I lower tiers though.

It's strange how ALL the pokemon I love ended up mediocre and the ones I'm not a fan of(go fuck yourself roopushin) ended up near perfection... gamefreak has always favored ugly pokemon so...
This so perfectly describes all of my feelings about everything. I think I love you.

But seriously, Swanna, as much as I love her (one of VERY FEW 5th gen Pokémon), is like Pelipper's wannabe offensive incarnation, and it just didn't work out for her unfortunately. She's one of those Pokémon that simply does not have good enough stats to be excellent, which is unfair, but true.

I hope to god, there is an event Swanna somewhere that will get Quiver Dance. Then maybe just maybe, Swanna can be better. Btw it is possible since Swanna is seen dancing in pokedex 3d!
Hopefully!

I hope to god, there is an event Swanna somewhere that will get Quiver Dance. Then maybe just maybe, Swanna can be better. Btw it is possible since Swanna is seen dancing in pokedex 3d!
Hopefully!
Wait what? Look at the list of boosting moves, how many are dances? Oh right, only a lot of them.

Then look at the pokes who have Quiver Dance. How many of them aren't Bug types? One, but lilligant is close enough to a bug for it to make sense.

Sorry, but it's set for eternal mediocrity, GF will hand out QD the same day Fareon gets Flare Blitz.

Wait what? Look at the list of boosting moves, how many are dances? Oh right, only a lot of them.

Then look at the pokes who have Quiver Dance. How many of them aren't Bug types? One, but lilligant is close enough to a bug for it to make sense.

Sorry, but it's set for eternal mediocrity, GF will hand out QD the same day Fareon gets Flare Blitz.
Um, anything is more possible than Flareon getting Flare Blitz. Heck Musharna has a better chance of getting Dark Void than Flareon getting Flare Blitz.
Lilligant didn't get Quiver Dance because it looked like a bug because than Lumineon says HI, it got it because she's a dancer and Swanna can dance, I'm sure GF won't hate Swanna like they do Flareon, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)