Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Interestingly the character models look closer in style/proportion to that of the S/M models, but with higher quality.
Well one of the biggest complaints people had toward Let's Go was the decision to go back to Chibi graphics. I believe overally everyone was very fond of the more "realistic proportions" of ORAS and eventually gen 7 games.
Doesn't really surprise at all that they decided to keep with realistic proportions, I hope whatever Pokemon is visible in overworld due to them being doing stuff around and obviously in battle also is on realistic scale as well.

I actually enjoyed the gyms personally. I loved the way they were so much bigger on the inside than they were on the outside, and sure, you could break the battles in half with the right team, but Pokemon has never been about the challenge. RBY was no exception - catch a Psychic type or 2 and kiss the challenge goodbye. Hell if you're willing to exploit glitches you could have a Mew before the second gym.

The first thing I noticed about the starters is that they all have the same head shape and similar body style. This suggests either laziness... or some sort of closer relation between them. Maybe some sort of evolution shenanigans? They seem too similar to be a coincidence.

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet, but all the major towns and cities on the map have this little Pokemon stadium looking thing. Perhaps this means some new battling mechanic is coming out and all the towns will have something akin to the battle royale dome for it? Either that or some pretty big gyms. Additionally, there is a long railway that runs throughout the region, I'm curious to see how that is used.

The first thing I noticed about the starters is that they all have the same head shape and similar body style. This suggests either laziness... or some sort of closer relation between them. Maybe some sort of evolution shenanigans? They seem too similar to be a coincidence.
they're extremely safe designs is all, don't overthink it
This. Big heads and small bodies have been a long-standing design method for the starters since probably gen3. I'd mark it up to Sugimori's style becoming ever more consistent. Scorbunny and Grookey both have head adornments that end in sharpish tips, for example, because that might be the way designs are getting finalized this time around.

The other thing to consider is the legendaries and their potential for design similarity. It's indicated that they're some type of doggo. For all we know, they may be just one mon with two different forms lol

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
fyi for anyone who wants to upload any sword/shield content to youtube, the nintendo ninjas (ik know its TPC not nintendo but still) are ferocious rn with thier blocks. You have been warned.

Anyways, I think the wolves may or may not mean something, it could be a crest or it could actually be a reference to the legendary pokemon, too early to tell imo.

Region looks hot tho.

no Sheep fire starter, REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Now that that's out of the way, this region looks really cool, and I like the steampunk theme it has. Also, thank god gyms and wild encounter battles are back. Disappointed in the blandness of the starters, although I'll choose Scorbunny or Grooke, it really depends on the final evo. Sobble looks like a blue and yellow Mudkip mixed with monster drawn by a 5-year old, easily my least favorite. Also, can we please have a steampunk mechanical Dragon?

Last edited:

Dollainthewoods

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner’s for Beginners

Idk if this is real or not but it was sent on discord at ab 9:15 so either this is real or someone is a fast photoshopper
Update: dude said his friend found it two days ago

Do a side by side comparison of Chespin and fire bunny. It's really come across as cookie cutter/too many resemblances. Needless to say I'm not blown away by any of the designs.

View attachment 162656
Idk if this is real or not but it was sent on discord at ab 9:15 so either this is real or someone is a fast photoshopper
Update: dude said his friend found it two days ago
could be real or fake, we dont have enough info to decide. guessing the names only and not even the starters is not enough

altho i really hope its fake. armoured evolution sounds awful and gives opportunity for more gen 1 pandering

Interesting. When I first saw the player’s house and first route, it immediately screamed Kalos. But I guess that’s probably because France and UK share the same aethestics.

Do a side by side comparison of Chespin and fire bunny. It's really come across as cookie cutter. Needless to say I'm not blown away by any of the designs.
I don't know about the fire starter, but when they showed the grass one from the back I legit thought it was Chespin

Dollainthewoods

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner’s for Beginners
could be real or fake, we dont have enough info to decide. guessing the names only and not even the starters is not enough

altho i really hope its fake. armoured evolution sounds awful and gives opportunity for more gen 1 pandering
I really hope it’s fake but to be honest I could see them doing it with those mons because flygon got no mega and armored zeraora seems to be an actual thing since it got no special z move, and it would fit it

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Boy, another region where we won't get an Ice-type until 20 minutes before we challenge the league.
Also, boo for the icy area being late-game again.
I'd be down for late-game Ice-types if it means they introduce an Ice-type pseudo-legendary (which are usually designed to be obtained late). An Ice-type pseudo would be a fantastic user of the type if it's built properly to utilize it.

Of course, we don't know what's in store and there's no guarantee we'll have an Ice-type pseudo, but if we do get one, that would be awesome. A powerhouse Pokemon that is Ice-type and has high stats all around with a wide movepool of offensive coverage and whatnot would be a very welcome addition to a type filled with Pokemon full of shaky stat spreads and poor movepools.

(It will probably be a Dragon-type again though, haha)

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Now that that's out of the way, this region looks really cool, and I like the steampunk theme it has. Also, thank god gyms and wild encounter battles are back. Disappointed in the blandness of the starters, although I'll choose Scorbunny or Grooke, it really depends on the final evo. Sobble looks like a blue and yellow Mudkip mixed with monster drawn by a 5-year old, easily my least favorite. Also, can we please have a steampunk mechanical Dragon?
a canal and a piston does not make the region steampunk lmao

do you even know what the industrial revolution is

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Interesting. When I first saw the player’s house and first route, it immediately screamed Kalos. But I guess that’s probably because France and UK share the same aethestics.
This tbh.
When I saw that I was thinking "wait, this looks awfully similar to Kalos, doesn't it?".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)