Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Last year around October I got an iphone from a relative’s friend who didn’t need it anymore. While I don’t like apple this was extremely convenient for me as I was needing a new phone anyway, and I wanted GO to get Meltan so I downloaded it. Even Covid didn’t really slow this down as I’m an essential worker so I get to use Poke Stops, Gyms etc on my commute. Even better, I had itunes cards as birthday/Christmas gifts from a year or so back; and given I didn’t intend to use them on anything else nor could I find anyone willing to buy them off me, I could very happily use them on GO to get me some advantages.

It’s been about a year now and I’m still on page 7/9 of this fucking meltan mission
It seems like we can circumvent this now thanks to Mystery Boxes given by transfering anything to Home

hey there everyone welcome to my Meltan% run here's the route
-download go
-catch a pokemon
-connect to home
-send pokemon to home
-mystery box time!!
-catch a meltan
-transfer to home
-delete go

I noticed they confirmed Kantonian legendary birds too. Unsurprising but nice.

I'll be super disappointed if they aren't doing anything special with Regigigas, given the obvious opportunity.
it gets body press and rest now which at least is a little more than nothing.

I wonder if the new Regis will have HA. I mean, to my knowledge we don’t know what their current abilities do yet so that might not even be necessary, but the original Regis have HA so it would make sense for them. Watch it be Clear Body lol

it gets body press and rest now which at least is a little more than nothing.

I wonder if the new Regis will have HA. I mean, to my knowledge we don’t know what their current abilities do yet so that might not even be necessary, but the original Regis have HA so it would make sense for them. Watch it be Clear Body lol
Also Protect to stall out Slow Start.

Though honestly I won't be surprised if they introduce a way to get rid of Slow Start entirely, with the whole thing being "hey, it needed the other two Regis present aswell as a power source" or something.

Glad the only reason i kept a hold of Lets Go (Mystery Box) is now a non-issue.

The obvious "cram all the legendaries back in" ethos of USUM is still alive and well and seeing as SwSh is clearly the intended final destination for everything, I'm curious to see how Pokemon formes exclusive to GO (Case in point: Armoured Mewtwo) will be handled.

I am actually quite surprised that they're releasing a "physical" version of SWSH with the expansion pack (in the world's worst boxart holy moly).
Really? I figured it was a certainty given how most other games release a "Complete/GotY Edition" with all the DLC included.

So it's possible we'll have to use rental mons to fight the legendaries AND we won't be able to know in advance which one AND we might have to deal with bad catch rates.

Is it just me or does that sound like a massive pain in the ass? Especially if they are indeed repeatable since basically the only way you could get a specific legendary in the Ultra Wormholes was by process of elimination.
Sounds about right with Dens being that kind of RNG too. At least for VGC we have the ability to make previous generation 'mons VGC legal with that guy they added to the Battle Tower.

It is nice that Inner Focus, Scrappy, Oblivious, & Own Tempo all ignore Intimidate, at least.
I mean I dont think a lot of pokemon use those abilities but, you know. Nice!
IMO: Oblivious Mamoswine gonna be the new tech since it should be able to tank hits from Dmax LandoT and can OHKO dmax LandoT without Dmaxing itself if adamant.

3) 2v2 cup: if even this isn't level scaled, it risks becoming stale extremely fast.
And that is why I am going to do Pacifist Runs. I don't see these being much more difficult than the Galar Cup rematches... although the trailer did show Ness and Milo sending out Pelipper and Ludicolo together so maybe there will be some synergies to watch for.

The announcement of a complete (or so to say) edition with DLC included was the bare minimum I was expecting since the DLCs were announced. I hope the price is lower, though...

And I guess I would only do Dynamax Adventure for the Galarian birds and then forget about it completely. I expect it to be doable with only AI trainers.
Gonna guess same price as SwSh when it first came out but we will have to see. Also we will probably be catching the Galarian Birbs via story mode and not in the Dens. And is there any indication we'll be able to do Dynamax Adventures without other players?

The obvious "cram all the legendaries back in" ethos of USUM is still alive and well and seeing as SwSh is clearly the intended final destination for everything, I'm curious to see how Pokemon formes exclusive to GO (Case in point: Armoured Mewtwo) will be handled.
They did that for ORAS too incidentally. And considering that you can't transfer those Mons from Go to Let's Go already I am assuming they will handle it by refusing to let you transfer them entirely.

The trailer was neat, I do like the nice touches they give the various trainers when partnered together. Them using Rental Mons for Dynamax Adventures does concern me but I guess they don't want people steamrolling them with stuff like 3 HA Perrserkers and a Zacian. It is neat that they have the option to switch out what you are currently using for a mon you catch, but the website seems to indicate that only one player can do that for each encounter. Not sure how that would end up working. I wonder if there's any way to tell what the end boss will be ahead of time, but probably not. Still, i'll be spending some time in it, especially if there are other rewards.

Gonna guess same price as SwSh when it first came out but we will have to see. Also we will probably be catching the Galarian Birbs via story mode and not in the Dens. And is there any indication we'll be able to do Dynamax Adventures without other players?
They're advertised as "New Co-op mode" so take a guess.... :P
It does look like they will work just same as raids, either with friends or with questionable AI.

Note the presentation specifically said "certain Pokemon cannot be transferred over to Home"

There's a little notice stating that some special forms cant be transferred. Things like arrmored pikachu and all the party and summer hat pokemon are likely stuck in Go.

Really? I figured it was a certainty given how most other games release a "Complete/GotY Edition" with all the DLC included.
Because Nintendo games genreally dont. Xenoblade 2 is like the only notable example I can think of. There's MK8DX and HW:DE but those are Switch ports of Wii U(/3DS) titles. They didn't release "complete/goty" versions of them in stores on Wii U(/3DS).

And in more modern approaches, you're not seeing Fire Emblem Three Houses: Complete Edition announced anywhere despite that game's DLC being complete, to put it another way.

Because Nintendo games genreally dont. Xenoblade 2 is like the only notable example I can think of. There's MK8DX and HW:DE but those are Switch ports of Wii U(/3DS) titles. They didn't release "complete/goty" versions of them in stores on Wii U(/3DS).

And in more modern approaches, you're not seeing Fire Emblem Three Houses: Complete Edition announced anywhere despite that game's DLC being complete, to put it another way.
They did do it for Hyrule Warriors too though.

They did do it for Hyrule Warriors though.
I think I phrased this wrong, let me try again:
Hyrule Warriors, on Wii U, did not get a rerelease with all its DLC on the wii u.
Hyrule Warriors Legends, on 3DS, did not get a rerelease with all its DLC on the 3DS

Legends came with all the Wii U DLC (also: a ton of new content) and Definitive Edition came with all the 3DS DLC, but those were releases on new platforms.

As great as it sounds getting renewable Legendary Pokémon, my concerns are the catch rates- imagine doing 4 battles and fighting a Latias, only for Latias to break out. Sounds really cumbersome. Hopefully they will increase the catch rate or have special perks when fighting Legendary Pokémon.
I do suspect that they'll be guaranteed catches, considering you have to go through the "ordeal" of the dungeon using borrowed mons.

Or at least, hope so.

...well in worst case, might as well just transfer the gen 7 ones :blobshrug:

Also Protect to stall out Slow Start.

Though honestly I won't be surprised if they introduce a way to get rid of Slow Start entirely, with the whole thing being "hey, it needed the other two Regis present aswell as a power source" or something.
They have, Galarian Weezing exists,
On a side note all hatted pikachus(every ash hat one at least) will have codes released for them so that's cool

I do suspect that they'll be guaranteed catches, considering you have to go through the "ordeal" of the dungeon using borrowed mons.

Or at least, hope so.

...well in worst case, might as well just transfer the gen 7 ones :blobshrug:
I can definitely seeing them being guaranteed costs for the hosts, because that is how normal raids work.

It seems like we can circumvent this now thanks to Mystery Boxes given by transfering anything to Home

hey there everyone welcome to my Meltan% run here's the route
-download go
-catch a pokemon
-connect to home
-send pokemon to home
-mystery box time!!
-catch a meltan
-transfer to home
-delete go
So I guess it's time for me to install GO after 4 years... and it will last pretty much as long installed as the first time.

I’m a meh on the legendary raids.

On one hand, steamrolling dens with a bunch of competitively tailored Pokemon isn’t challenging and after a month of everyone getting the legendaries they want user participation would drop to late-starters and little kids who are going to bring a 0 IV level 5 Cleffa to fight a Mewtwo.

On the other hand, those rental movesets suck and if those special legendary den fights have proven anything, it doesn’t take much for a Pokémon to become a insurmountable sweeper after a few Max boosts. The only redeemable way that I can see this working is if we know the legendary before venturing into the raid (Like we do for regular dens) and that, the further you progress, the better the trade-up mons become (In typing, movesets, and/or stats).

In other topics, Slowking-G is cool and Eerie Spell + Regenerator seem like another good answer to stall in theory (or a boon to stall teams if played right) and Melmetal is still a pain in the ass to obtain but that’s always been the case for Pokemon that GF decides are special.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)