Pokémon Sylveon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Exploud gets Boomburst from the move relearner and at level 85. Can anyone check if it can pass it onto Eevee? They're both in the Field egg group. Boomburst on Pixilate Sylveon would be huge.

I think someone confirmed that Boomburst and Sylvion aren't compatible, although it could be possible that they nerfed Smeargle. You might want to check again anyway just to check.

A little off-topic, but I wonder how Eevee could fare without evolving. It would be good distraction for one thing, but then again it wouldn't be able to take any hits.
Just a curious thought...

I wish trump card was a better move. It is a rather attractive move when used.

Typical SE hits like Lucario's Bullet Punch and Aegislash's Iron Head are likely to OHKO even with maximum defensive investment. Still, I actually prefer to use Bold with Defence EVs, since it gives more protection against physical dragons that don't carry Iron Head. Sylveon plays rather like Vaporeon; it's decent HP lets it tank non-STAB neutral physical hits surprisingly well and it's able to hit hard even with little SAtk investment.
Without boosts, aegislash with adamant and max attack fails to oneshot defensive sylveon. Needless to say it can tank through dragons iron heads and threaten back with fairy, and can probably set up calm mind stacks against defensive heatran.

My first sylveon wasn't faring well against aegislash in most encounters...usually is one-shot by iron head as suggested. However this is with limited defense investment so there may be a chance to stand off.

Sorry for the double post, but I was looking for some thoughts. Since I have a Sylveon with leftovers and Wish, would Draining Kiss be better off replaced with moonblast? This is assuming I go with calm mind and shadow ball for the other two spaces. I feel I might start having too much healing going on and not enough offense.

I feel that since all it really takes to take out Sylveon is one decently powered steel or poison move, it might be a waste of time and quick offense might be a better option than trying to power up and then just get taken out.

Sorry for the double post, but I was looking for some thoughts. Since I have a Sylveon with leftovers and Wish, would Draining Kiss be better off replaced with moonblast? This is assuming I go with calm mind and shadow ball for the other two spaces. I feel I might start having too much healing going on and not enough offense.
Moonblast is much, much stronger. You can still use the Wish for healing, and it supports your teammates too.

Draining Kiss would be pointless since the damage is too low to matter. She'd be better off using Giga Drain if giving the chance. Besides, Moonblast deals decent damage even with no SpA EVs put in.

Moonblast is much, much stronger. You can still use the Wish for healing, and it supports your teammates too.
So how is Wish in this game? I remember it used to be whoever was in the position, but wasn't it changed to only the user in BW? The X move description suggests it has been reverted to the original move.

It doesn't affect my decision to have Wish in the moveset regardless, but it would be a bonus to heal other pokemon also.

Wish will affect whoever is currently on the field. You can either switch out normally or use Baton Pass. Considering Sylveon's low speed when using the Baton Pass method, this is actually a good thing since Wish will go off at the end of the turn on whatever one of your Pokemon is out.

Wish will affect whoever is currently on the field. You can either switch out normally or use Baton Pass. Considering Sylveon's low speed when using the Baton Pass method, this is actually a good thing since Wish will go off at the end of the turn on whatever one of your Pokemon is out.
Right, that makes sense. So, final question, if I set up light screen before sending Sylveon out would calm mind be a considerable benefit still? I just wonder if I'll have enough opportunities to set up a calm mind, esp. if something uses earthquake or such which seems to be common and probably puts it below 60%, might be better just to start moonblasting.

Apparently Exploud gets Boomburst from the move relearner and at level 85. Can anyone check if it can pass it onto Eevee? They're both in the Field egg group. Boomburst on Pixilate Sylveon would be huge.
I tried it and I can confirm that it does not learn boom burst through breeding.

Damn. That would have been awesome.

Right, that makes sense. So, final question, if I set up light screen before sending Sylveon out would calm mind be a considerable benefit still? I just wonder if I'll have enough opportunities to set up a calm mind, esp. if something uses earthquake or such which seems to be common and probably puts it below 60%, might be better just to start moonblasting.
Calm Mind also grants you extra SpA so whether or not you want to use it is up to you. Of course it also depends on who you're facing.

Chesnaught with wood hammer hit my 104 EV SpDef Sylveon without Light Screen for just over 56%. A good thing or a bad thing? Of course wood hammer was STAB boosted and its a powerful attack...can't say I'm disappointed but who knows what the Chesnaught's nature and EVs were.

Chesnaught with wood hammer hit my 104 EV SpDef Sylveon without Light Screen for just over 56%. A good thing or a bad thing? Of course wood hammer was STAB boosted and its a powerful attack...can't say I'm disappointed but who knows what the Chesnaught's nature and EVs were.
You do realize Wood Hammer is a physical move and therefore not affected by Light Screen or Special Defense...

Draining Kiss would be pointless since the damage is too low to matter. She'd be better off using Giga Drain if giving the chance. Besides, Moonblast deals decent damage even with no SpA EVs put in.
I disagree, actually. Giga Drain restores 1/2 of the damage, but on Draining Kiss it says it restores 'more than half' of the damage. Might be like 2/3 or something.

I run my Sylveon with 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA and, after I set up Reflect, physical attacks tickle, and super effective ones don't OHKO, and then Cute Charm may activate depending. My set is Reflect, Draining Kiss, Calm Mind, and Shadow Ball (For coverage), holding Leftovers.

I disagree, actually. Giga Drain restores 1/2 of the damage, but on Draining Kiss it says it restores 'more than half' of the damage. Might be like 2/3 or something.

I run my Sylveon with 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA and, after I set up Reflect, physical attacks tickle, and super effective ones don't OHKO, and then Cute Charm may activate depending. My set is Reflect, Draining Kiss, Calm Mind, and Shadow Ball (For coverage), holding Leftovers.
Oblivion Wing apparently restores 3/4, so Draining Kiss probably does the same if it's over half. This would put its restoration at 37.5 BP, the same as Giga Drain and Drain Punch, but with weaker damage. Of course, when comparing a STAB Draining Kiss to a non-STAB Giga Drain or Drain Punch, it's matching their 75 BP for damage and getting 54.25 BP for healing.

Still, though, the damage output is very poor for a STAB; Sylveon would always want a stronger Fairy-type move in her movepool, and as a secondary attack, Giga Drain would be superior for its coverage despite healing slightly less.

Just a random idea, I just recently came back to the competitive Pokemon scene, left during D/P/P, and I've been wondering how I could incorporate Sylveon into a future team. I was thinking a set like,

Sylveon @ Leftovers/ Light Clay
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpAtk
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Moonblast / Draining Kiss

It's just an idea, I want Sylv to be played as a special wall in a sense but don't want to really ignore her potential as a bulky sweeper/ support.

Just a random idea, I just recently came back to the competitive Pokemon scene, left during D/P/P, and I've been wondering how I could incorporate Sylveon into a future team. I was thinking a set like,

Sylveon @ Leftovers/ Light Clay
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpAtk
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Moonblast / Draining Kiss

It's just an idea, I want Sylv to be played as a special wall in a sense but don't want to really ignore her potential as a bulky sweeper/ support.
I personally put reflect/light screen on another pokemon before her so to save her a space for shadow ball, but in singles that might not be so simple.

Eevee learns baton pass at level 36
Alright, thanks. I evolved my Eevee into Sylveon as soon as possible in-game in order to scope out its stats/the moves it could learn, so I'm pretty sure I had a Sylveon at level 18-20, give or take. I'll use this Sylveon to breed for a competitive Sylveon.

So according to the research thread, Pixilate turns Normal type moves into Fairy moves and further boosts their power by 30%. Pretty substantial however Sylveon has literally no reliable moves to abuse this with.

Swift: Useless
Hyper Beam: Extremely niche, but could be hilarious coming from a mon expected to not hit so hard.
Echoed Voice/Trump Card: Take too long to set up.

Crappy surprise set:
Sylveon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pixilate
4 HP / 252 Spec. Atk / 252 Spd (Timid)
-Hyper Beam / Echoed Voice
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Fighting / Rock (idk)
-Moonblast

Very situational but could really surprise your opponent. Echoed Voice has 80 BP on the second turn its used, boosted to 104 by Pixilate. After that its power goes up immensely. Gimmicky as hell but hey!

Last edited:
Eevee gets Hyper Voice from the BW2 Move Tutor. It's 90 Base Power and bypasses Substitute due to it being a sound based move. It's only sacrificing 5BP so it's definitely worth it with Pixilate.

Just battled one of these in the OU Pokebank, geez - it's a tank.
Running Wish, Protect and Toxic ensures you're not doing much unless you're running a Steel move, likely not a Poison (as they get less and worse distribution). For those annoying Wish passes, I'd say it can be the next Blissey this Gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)