Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

I recently downloaded this, and, well, I SUCK. I am incredibly terrible. One question though: why isn't there training for the Medic, Heavy, Pyro, Sniper and Scout?

Because Valve hasn't created any yet, and because Heavy doesn't really have any special quirks, just monstrous HP and damage.

A good way to get familiar with the game is to play Medic and find a Soldier or Demo who can protect you while you push for the objectives. Both Heavy and Soldier are also good frontline classes that rack up kills without any special tactics.

List for getting better at TF2:

Dowload some jump maps and play those for rocket jumping practice with the Soldier.

Learn how to sticky jump with the Demoman.

Learn how to flank with the Scout, aka know the maps.

Learn how to direct a push with an Ubercharge Medic.

Get the Gloves of Running Urgently and Sandvich for the Heavy.

Learn how to act like the other team as the Spy.

Buy a good mouse for sniper. Not really, but I say my head-shot rate go up when I did.

Learn how to deal with spys as an Engineer.

Learn how to air blast and switch to the fire axe as a Pyro.

Real people playing: http://www.youtube.com/user/CommFT

Hey, remember this game?

Look at my glorious hat:

Let's play sometime, okay?

Also, any interest in a Smogon Highlander team?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would love to be a highland team as a pyro, heavy or even engy which I have excellent experience with.

Highlander team sounds good, I could run scout or pyro (I excell at attacking, but not so much at airblasting rockets back), once I get my headphones fixed

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm really bad at the game, but if you desperately need a spy or engineer, I guess I could highlander.

I think everyone wants pyro as there's no real expectation... but I think it's a really important class, especially in Highlander at protecting the medic from spies, and blocking uber pushes. Anyway, glad there's some interest.. if nothing else, we could at least get the TF2 Friday's rolling again.

I can be spy, medic, sniper, scout or Demoman for the highlander team.

Banned items are Machina, Reserve Shooter, Enforcer, Phlogistinator, Holiday Punch and Pomson 6000

There's a glitch with the Reserve Shooter where it gives mini-crits when the person's on the stairs, leading to "Stair-Stalling".
Also if you ground stall someone with the airblast, you will permanently hit them with mini crits until they become airborn and land again.

Anyway, since people are still putting their names forward, i'll add a list of who's chosen what.

Scout: Super Shellos
Soldier:
Pyro: Dan Dan
Demo:
Heavy: Layell
Engineer: Walrein
Medic:
Sniper:
Spy: Blue Captain

Yes I stole pyro, who else can get those clutch reflect huntsman headshots?

Might have to make a separate one for EU and US, but we can sort that out later!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I'd play Demo but there's no way in hell I'd ever be able to be online consistently enough to actually play highlander!

:D

I'd like to try a scrim with med or demo, not sure how my net will be at any given moment but I have some experience with calling in 6v6 so ya!!

What is the go to max-FPS config right now?

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
'meh' on the new weapon. Don't think its better than Jarate and if you're getting peppered and your scope jiggles you're being a bad sniper >:| Plus, decreased mobility which is one of the stronger attributes for Sniper

The cozy camper is nice for quick scoping in the thick of things, if you are trapped and they are using their pistol, etc.

I feel like they should have a weapon that increases how far you can zoom for sniper, that would be cool.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
If you guys are still looking for someone for highlander, I'm decent at soldier.

EDIT: Nope, The Shadow Knight got it.

Altair

just who is the coon?
I can play pyro / medic / solly somewhat decently, so I'd be happy to backup since I probably won't be able to make every match anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)