Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

machina is bodyshotters rifle of choice..
it is in a crate 30 btw ;)
as for lobbys, done a few of those in my time, dont really like them that much, way to much restriction - is it really skill, sollys and demos are just spam.

Well, it has so little drawbacks, so it's worth it IMO. When you do miss the headshot there are no repercussions, so in my opinion unless you headshot 100% of the time (even if you're lke 99% of the time Machina is better) I'd use the Machina. Also so much easier killing those scouts. And have you seen how much crate 30 is going for? It's like 6 Refs. It's not a normal crate it's a "Salvaged Mann Co Crate" and much harder to find.

Giving away your location sucks.... there's no reason not to stick with the stock sniper imo, especially if you're bad at headshots.

it is in a crate 30 btw ;)
as for lobbys, done a few of those in my time, dont really like them that much, way to much restriction - is it really skill, sollys and demos are just spam.

2 Soldiers and 2 Scouts is usually the most versatile lineup in a 6v6, but you can't really break up a push on open, competitive maps by just "spamming" an area with grenades and rockets. Scouts and roaming soldiers make the game much more DM oriented than if the format forced a Heavy, Pyro, or Engineer instead of a 2nd Scout/Soldier on each team. An airpipe or rocket is much closer to awe-inspiring than death by a hose of Minigun spray, at least.

Please
Solly is an relatively simple dm class, and MGE mod has no relevance to in-game play.
That being said, competitive tf2 is really much more about teamwork as opposed to individual dm. Although, dm can easily carry teams in lobbies, and spamming won't do anything.

Deathmatching doesn't have anything to do with complexity, just aim requirement and reaction. And practicing with MGE is obviously good for any Soldier on a competitive team. Airshot skill is useful on basically any map where you can take a height advantage.

competative rules are restrictive, i would rather use Lnl then pipes for the mass splash it does hitting people, aka aim

That's like saying OU tier is restrictive, I would rather use Kyogre than Politoed for the mass damage aka an actual special attack.

pissrifle is prorifle

competative rules are restrictive, i would rather use Lnl then pipes for the mass splash it does hitting people, aka aim
Just saying, Loch 'n' Load isn't for more splash. Vanilla grenades do that better, because there are more of them. Loch is for killing Scouts in one shot. And that's just not fun to play against. So it's banned.

actually with the degreaser + reserve shooter action going down id lay down cash that the powerjack becomes the primary pyro melee weapon

you're already one shotting 125 hp classes with a ranged puff + sting so why not pack some health regen too
I'd agree, but because of the Attendant set bonus. +10% speed is really noticeable, and it's only like 17 HP lost against bullets, which is barely anything.

But I'm still using the Flare Gun because it accomplishes something at mid and beyond. And no need to reload is awesome.

GROUP CASTLE 3!!

9 SPECIAL CLASSES!

Person Fixer: Fixes peoples! Deep depth by removing damage instead of adding it! To ALLIES!

Exploder: Explodes! Stuff!

Fightman: He fights because he fights for fighting! Long ranged and short ranged fighting!

Looker: The Looker is FAST! He's fastest fighter for mobility that is quite fast mobile! WOW!

Gunshooter: An expert of gun shooting with a gun that shoots a long far distance with great shootings!

Big: The Big is big. Big is bigger than anything else but another Big! So watch out for other Big.

Sneaker: Sneaker is sneaky and can't do very much but sneak but sneaking is fun new gamemode with puzzles and a talking animal cartoon about sneaky gophers fighting monkeys and eating them.

Maker: Making of great useful tools like Shoot Machines and Giver Crates!

Burn Person: The Burn Person sets fire to things! Don't get burnt hahaahah because you'd be scarred for life and look like freak!

I like the Construction Worker.

Also, LnL is allowed in CEVO. I wouldn't reccomend using it in a match though, since your team damage is so hindered. Same deal as the DH.

The season 8 ban list isn't that restrictive. The only things that wouldn't be too centralizing to allow are the Candy Cane and Backscratcher, and all they really offer is cheap health that requires less cooperation with the team Medic.

i thought the holy grail of medic hats was the vintage procedure mask

and the lnl is engineer removing weapon of choice for me. far quicker to take out engi and sentry with that then stickys.

Even in pub servers, Engi is less used on 5CP maps. You're most likely to see a wrenchineer in a 6v6 on Gravelpit or Turbine Pro, and if he's hard to take down then Direct Hit or a util. class is more likely to be swapped in than LnL; the sacrifice of two pipes and rollers is too much for your team in an open fight (at mid, during an uber, etc).

Although in pubs the LnL is certainly great to have against a dodgy Scout or turtling Engi.

Widowmaker buff is exponential. Dat 30 metal shot. Doesn't make it OP, as spamming will only screw you over, but you can get your entire metal deposit back with careful shooting. Was on 31 metal, found a heavy, strafed and meatshotted, killed him and had 200 metal again. Was beautiful.
Also, reserve shooter on offensive pyro - yes.

Widowmaker buff is pretty cool, but now that I'm starting to practice with the Combat Engie I personally still prefer the stock Shotty
Also I got a S.Degreaser too :D, for a single refined, lucky me, want a S.Gunslinger now, but I'm never going to pay 3 keys for it
Is anyone still crashing?, my game crashes every 2 or 3 hours, so it's not that annoying, but still, I hope that valve fix this soon

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Still crashing over here too.

I think I'm going to buy two keys soon, one for my Crate 31, and one just in case I pick up a crate 30.

Also that ban list is ridiculous. Like everything is banned. I don't even think any weapon is even broken in this game, except maybe the Enforcer needs nerfs.

Im getting load out problems, mostly

Has anyone tried the workshop yet? I don't understand why you need pictures but IDC

I really think they need to make a new grenade launcher, the Loch and Load and stock are getting really dull nowadays

Can someone explain to me why the Battalion's Backup is a problem but the other two banners are not? I also fail to see the problem with the Righteous Bison, unless it's some kind of exploit of which I am unaware.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I think they just want everything to be as standard as humanly possible, without actually caring about how good a weapon actually is.

You don't even need to go farther in the list than the Shortstop to see that.

That makes sense, just ban the lasers because they are weird. I still don't get the Battalion's Backup, though. Pretty much everyone I know agrees that the Buff Banner is the better item, unless you are running the full combo (which is banned anyway).

The Battalion's Backup is banned because it is insanely easy to charge, and it dramatically slows down the game and is very powerful with proper team coordination.
The Bison is banned because it was introduced mid-season, and it's a really dumb weapon anyways.
The Shortstop pre-reload nerf was OP because of the damage output at all ranges and the accuracy.

As far as I know, The Battalion's Backup messes with the dynamic of 'only Ubers can defeat Ubers', since you can use it in response to the enemy's popped uber charge without needing to pop your own to survive. It's also easy as pie to charge. Or that's what I was told, at any rate.

Their ban criteria is so vague and ill-defined that it comes down to a whim of what makes their format more 'fun' and 'competitive', though the only skills they seem willing to stress are those involving stock loadouts and a few arbitrary other items like Kritzkrieg.

I find Highlander to be much more interesting; 6v6 is poop (Opinions etc.). Feel free to disagree with me, I don't particularly care. I know a lot of people enjoy 6v6 for how fast paced it is and the exciting frags in it, but I don't find it all that appealing, at least compared to Highlander.

also, fuck crashes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)