Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I have been getting this issue for 2 days now:
Showdown is just stuck on loading
If i try to choose name and enter my name it says:
"The server is requesting an invalid login key this probably means that either you are not connected to a server or the server is setup incorrectly "

1. Windows 10
  2. Google chrome
  3. Microsoft edge
  4. Within last week
  5. RealUchihaSasuke
  6. I cannot connect to pokemon showdown. Teambuilder will open but all the other things will be as "connecting to the server". This problem is present on every device on which pokemon showdown was played. No new devices show this problem. Kindly help me. My problem is similar to that of Pingulotto @1177.

1. Windows 10
  2. Google chrome
  3. Microsoft edge
  4. Within last week
  5. RealUchihaSasuke
  6. I cannot connect to pokemon showdown. Teambuilder will open but all the other things will be as "connecting to the server". This problem is present on every device on which pokemon showdown was played. No new devices show this problem. Kindly help me. My problem is similar to that of Pingulotto @1177.
The same problem here man
Everything is just stuck on loading and only the teambuilder is accessible

Browser: Google Chrome
Browser Version: 81.0.4044.138
Other Browsers: Microsoft Edge
Start of issue: Roughly 12:30 PM EST on May 21st, 2020
PS Username: GarbodorSays
Issue: Same as Doman and limmengkang

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
1. Windows 10
2. Chrome version 81.0.4044.138
3. I tried Explore and Firefox
4. 1 week ago
5. Pingulotto
6. Everytime I open showdown, it doesn t load left colomn and my teams don t appear. I also tried to leave it to load for an hour but nothing has changed
This is what I see:
I have been getting this issue for 2 days now:
Showdown is just stuck on loading
If i try to choose name and enter my name it says:
"The server is requesting an invalid login key this probably means that either you are not connected to a server or the server is setup incorrectly "
Browser: Google Chrome
Browser Version: 81.0.4044.138
Other Browsers: Microsoft Edge
Start of issue: Roughly 12:30 PM EST on May 21st, 2020
PS Username: GarbodorSays
Issue: Same as Doman and limmengkang
Most likely this indicates something is blocking showdown's websocket connection to the sim server. Can you all try visiting this websocket URL ( https://sim3.psim.us/showdown/ ), you should get "Welcome to SockJS!", if its blocked its an issue on your network (and obviously we can't unblock showdown on other's networks). If thats not it reply again and let me know.

Most likely this indicates something is blocking showdown's websocket connection to the sim server. Can you all try visiting this websocket URL ( https://sim3.psim.us/showdown/ ), you should get "Welcome to SockJS!", if its blocked its an issue on your network (and obviously we can't unblock showdown on other's networks). If thats not it reply again and let me know.
Yes it does say welcome to SockJs. I have even tried it on mobile,pc,different browsers,cleared cache,even tried to login with my other account BUT nothing works

showdown.PNG
the websocket worked

Showdown's site doesn't though

Last edited by a moderator:
yes thank you very much now it works. but I no longer have all the teams I had and some were really strong. can't they be recovered?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
yes thank you very much now it works. but I no longer have all the teams I had and some were really strong. can't they be recovered?
Teams are stored in browser cookies, so I'm guessing your cookies got cleared at some point. If you did not back them up to text then they are unfortunately lost.

Though possibly cookie clearing fixed the issue, I'll have to dig into cookies possibly being related to the site loading issue.

1. Windows 10
2. Chrome
3. nope i havent tried other browsers
4. it started yesterday night gmt+8
5. Treeckomaman
6. the problem is that i cant log in to ps. Every time i try to log in by clicking Join chat or choose name the box appears but after writing my username and clicking enter it just disappears and nothing happens. I can join public rooms and stuff and spectate battles but i cant log in. ive tried reinstallig my browser, clearing data etc but none of it works. It works on incognito mode for some reason..

cant log in.PNG

as u can see the upper right corner just stays loading
No need anymore, we Identified the issue. Were still working on fixing it though, will be a while.
is there any news on this? I can only play while on incognito. I cant create new alts on incognito mode and it sucks that i have to transfer my teams every time i play :(

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
is there any news on this? I can only play while on incognito. I cant create new alts on incognito mode and it sucks that i have to transfer my teams every time i play :(
The issue from today was new for today and just fixed, try now.

i'm not sure if this goes here but i think so.

It's been about 3 days since I've had a problem with PS. The thing is that suddenly I cannot connect to my main account or register. I can not do anything. It is the first time this has happened to me and it is strange.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
i'm not sure if this goes here but i think so.

It's been about 3 days since I've had a problem with PS. The thing is that suddenly I cannot connect to my main account or register. I can not do anything. It is the first time this has happened to me and it is strange.
Can you explain what exactly is not working? Are buttons greyed out? If so which ones?

Can you explain what exactly is not working? Are buttons greyed out? If so which ones?
It is not that my problem is that before I had my account with a saved password and now I do not know why I cannot log in with my account nor register new ones. I can't do anything because he won't let me and I don't know where the fault is.

in summary of what happens to me:
https://i.ibb.co/H7KRq3h/20200604-075211.jpg
That is a user that I used as a test and after saving the password I get that message and so on. It is as if I have been hacked. This never happened to me before.

Last edited:

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
  1. Mac OS Catalina
  2. Google Chrome
  3. same issue occurs on Google Chrome for my Samsung Galaxy S10 (which i have also used to connect to PS successfully)
  4. this problem first started occurring on june 6th earlier this week and has been occurring ever since for each instance i have tried accessing the site
  5. Christmas
  6. similarly to other people recently in this thread, i've been unable to load into the site at all and have tried clearing cookies on my computer. the fact that the issue is occurring on both my smartphone and macbook is very strange to me. i try to log into play.pokemonshowdown.com as usual and am left on a "Loading..." screen endlessly.
i've attached screenshots from both devices. if there's any solutions that have worked for others so far then i'd be glad to hear them :)

pserror1.pngpserror2.jpg

King Ezra The Wise

I COULD BE BANNED!
i try to log back on on my wii u it says the server it says the following "This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either you are not connected to a server, or the server is set up incorrectly." why is it saying that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)