The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea and Arsenal losing was rather surprising. As for Liverpool, I'm really starting to get a bit worried, wasting points against Sunderland at home is definitely not a good sign. Roy Hodgson is probably not going to continue as a Liverpool manager =( No idea why this season is going so wrong for Liverpool.

FC Twente - Ajax 2-2

Visiting a direct concurrent that's four points behind and getting a draw is good, but my feeling is different: Ajax hit the woodwork three times and in the last minute, Siem de Jong missed a 100% chance. The win would've been deserved. There was more to get than a point. However, before the game, I'd be happy with 2-2.

Luis Suárez hit the woodwork twice.

Liverpool need to stop playing Poulsen and start Ngog cause Torres being up there by himself just looks so lonely, they basically improved 100% after the sub. Meireles is still anonymous and Joe Cole has had not much actual impact; the commentators were right when they said Liverpool need some wingers, cause this super central midfielder thing isnt working at all. And why is Gerrard so deep?

It's a bad day all-around for favourites and fantasy players, Totthenam going 0-1 down, Arsenal lose 2-3 (to West Bromwich Albion??? Time to get Odemwingie), Chelsea lose to City 0-1 (well this isnt so bad but all those fantasy points down the drain) and Liverpool's 2-2

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Arsenal really needs to beat chelsea next week to stay at the top of the table, if they do win it will probably mean Man U with the most points 2 weeks from now.

Bolton drawing with Man U, didn't really expect this to happen this weekend, I'd say most if not all the results were upsets. I'm just glad Chelsea dropping points won't be a huge deal.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Dissapointed furthermore by United. We had a clear chance to take advantage of Chelsea's loss, but all we get is a draw out of Bolton.

Ajax - AC Milan 1-1

Awesome play from Luis Suárez, who gave a great assist: playing the ball through the legs of Thiago Silva and giving the ball to striker Mounir El Hamdaoui, who finished very well.

First post here.

Tottenham 2 - 1 Aston Villa

A good game between 2 teams aiming to get to the champions league (Tottenham is already there and is doing pretty well till now) and a great player decided the game: Van der Vaart. He scored on critical moments: the last minute of the 1st half and when Villa controled the game and was trying to score on the 2nd half

Lol Sundarland strikes again stealing 2 points from Manu.
I suppose they deserved the draw as Manu's performance was quite frustrating..And whats up Farguson you dont keep the guy who scred a hatrick aginst your rivals 5 days ago on the bench >_>.On a side note 4 hours till Chelsea-Arsenal yay.

Manchester City wins 2-1 against Newsastle at home.

Liverpool lose 1-2 against BLACKPOOL at Anfield =(

Chelsea beats Arsenal 2-0 at Stamford Bridge. Alex is so fucking underrated, his shot is soooo powerful and curls away from Fabianski's hands to the back of the net. Does anyone remember Alex scoring an extremely similar goal against Liverpool in the Champions league (the final score was 4-3 iirc)?

Chelsea beats Arsenal 2-0 at Stamford Bridge. Alex is so fucking underrated, his shot is soooo powerful and curls away from Fabianski's hands to the back of the net. Does anyone remember Alex scoring an extremely similar goal against Liverpool in the Champions league (the final score was 4-3 iirc)?
I only saw the 1st 30 minutes of the game but Arsenal was way better than Chelsea and they missed good opportunities... 2nd consecutive loss...

Yea the scoreline wasn't fair on Arsenal, but Wenger has to take some blame. Arsenal struggle with big strikers like drogba so he goes and buys the 2nd rate 9 stone soaking wet stick thin Koscielny. He has been getting outpaced and bullied all season.

I agree about Alex. He is quite consistent with free kicks actually. He hit the woodwork in midweek during the Champions League, and I've seen hime do it many times before.
About Arsenal playing better than Chelsea: Arsenal played more offensively than Chelsea, especially in the beginning of each half, but Chelsea were solid in defense. Arsenal missed a few opportunities and when you do that you get punished against other top sides.
Premier League aside, has anyone else seen what's going on in Italy and Germany? It's awfully surprising. Roma having 5 points out of six(?) games. Mainz going 7 straight matches without dropping a point. It's all quite bizarre really.

Yea the scoreline wasn't fair on Arsenal, but Wenger has to take some blame. Arsenal struggle with big strikers like drogba so he goes and buys the 2nd rate 9 stone soaking wet stick thin Koscielny. He has been getting outpaced and bullied all season.
Yes, his miss on the 1st minute left me in shock. I also think chamack(?) isn't a true striker, which is what Arsenal needs.

^ Chamakh is one of the best new young talents, so I disagree. What Arsenal really need is a better goal keeper and a better central defender to pair with Vermaelen. Arsernal look extremely fragile at the back and Almunia / Fabianski and Squillacci are holding Arsenal back.

^ Chamakh is one of the best new young talents, so I disagree. What Arsenal really need is a better goal keeper and a better central defender to pair with Vermaelen. Arsernal look extremely fragile at the back and Almunia / Fabianski and Squillacci are holding Arsenal back.
He has talent but he's not the powerfull striker Arsenal needs. Someone like adebayor or rooney that can fight for the ball. And Arsenal has had problems with the core of its defence the last years.

Luis Suárez made hands in his own penalty area again. In the 6th minute, the right winger caused a penalty. Ajax lost with 1-2. He got yellow. Suárez was the only Ajax player actually trying to win. He hit the woodwork three times and gave the assist for the Ajax goal.

I dont see the reason why people hatin on Chamakh.Kid's pretty good tbh.They seriusly need a better goalkeeper if you ask me.Though what do i care i Hate Aresenal so yay they lost.
Oh yeah...Alex <3.

Chamahk is a fine player and while i agree that Arsenal could do with someone more in the Huntelaar or Van Nisterooy mold, who exactly is available who would make any difference to their title chances,there are a ton of good strikers but none really much better then Chamahk, all the very good to world class strikers are not really available even if Wenger decided to spend money.

They also have Van Persie who all though barely ever fit is easily in the top 5 premier league strikers, maybe they should spend 15 million on a fitness coach.

Chamahk is a fine player and while i agree that Arsenal could do with someone more in the Huntelaar or Van Nisterooy mold, who exactly is available who would make any difference to their title chances,there are a ton of good strikers but none really much better then Chamahk, all the very good to world class strikers are not really available even if Wenger decided to spend money.

They also have Van Persie who all though barely ever fit is easily in the top 5 premier league strikers, maybe they should spend 15 million on a fitness coach.
I agree with everything except the "there aren't world class strikers available". Come on, you mentioned 2 Arsenal could have signed on the Summer. Also, I know Wenger never spends the money Arsenal gives him but Ibrahimovic could have been a nice exception (instead of chamakh) and I think he loses his title challenges because of the lack of wise and mature players. Oh well, nothing's decided yet, so GO ARSENAL!

Van Nisterooy is still probably the best finisher in the world, but he is what 33 and very injury prone, Barca would have never given Ibra to Arsenal unless it was part of a Fabregas deal, and then they would have been in an even worse position.

Huntelaar isn't really any more proven then Chamahk and would have cost a lot, i wonder how much Darren Bent would cost. Outside of the unavailable(Torres,Drogba,Tevez,Rooney,Defoe) he is probably the most proven striker in the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)