The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
it was a standard home team win, both teams played mediocre and united got an inevitable home goal as the away goal keeper fell asleep, dont talk it up like it was anything else. You can't legitimately say you played better when all you really did was not make any unforced errors that led to a goal. you shouldnt be touting your superior play, you should be talking about how a veteran team played like a (old) veteran team at home.

i dunno, that challange sounded worse when i heard about it then when i saw it, was a 50/50 both going for the ball, but with with studs showing, MoTD panel were devided on the red card, but if that is a red card, then why was carraghers only a yellow, they were fields apart.
but there were some laughable descisions elsewhere.
thank god we got valencia back, we need to do a blackpool and throw everyone forward cos we got hardly any defenders left

studs up and six months out, and you bitched about nani?

nani has supernatural healing abilities, when he recovered from that HORRIFIC injury at Anfield.

nani (horrific) injury update ^ dont look if you are pregnant / have heart problems...

Evan's challenge on Holden was horrible and well deserved red card.

lul

norulz

excellent
watch this goal. it's the 4th video (0-3 Nicolas Gaitan 25').

this kid has got some real talent, if he ended up on the epl next year, i wouldn't be surprised

Apparently the scum - Cardiff - are trying to sign Marlon fucking King on a loan deal. If I didn't despise them enough already, they're trying to sign someone who's just been in prison for sexually assaulting a woman then breaking her nose? Absolute. fucking. scum.

hmm norwich just got dani pacheco on loan till end of season, nosferalto have you got an opinion on him?
I can tell you from watching Liverpool reserve matches highlights that he has loads of potential and he impressed in the U-19 European Championships, winning the Golden Boot. However, what's really intriguing is that he played for three managers at Liverpool (Rafa, Roy and Kenny) and the fact that not one has given him a run of games could indicate that in the eyes of three managers that Dani might not be up-to it. The reasons aren't clear at all, maybe he doesn't have the heart or strength or he can't cope with the physicality of the English game idk...

So I can't really give you a clear answer on whether or not he will be successful at Norwich but I personally rate him because he's already shown glimpses of his quality in the reserves. He just needs to play on a regular basis to get him match-fit and get his confidence back. This is loan deal is the perfect opportunity for him and a good deal for both sides, hopefully. :P

i'd rather fuck a sheep than your English wife

in all seriousness, i didn't see the game but i was delivered regular updates by my ex from Swansea - Wales were absolutely fucking terrible, Gareth Bale was pretending to be injured, England weren't really fantastic either.. fuck internationals week.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Chelsea.. Liverpool.. where has this exciting and competitive play been all season?
there is no such thing as exciting soccer

90 minutes of back and forth with a stupid mexican announcer trying his absolute hardest to make a game that will end in a tie sound interesting might be the absolute worst thing to ever grace sports

there is no such thing as exciting soccer

90 minutes of back and forth with a stupid mexican announcer trying his absolute hardest to make a game that will end in a tie sound interesting might be the absolute worst thing to ever grace sports
arsenal 4 - newcastle 4 (HT arsenal 4 - newcastle 0) pretty interesting to me!

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Owen Hargreaves is out for another month with a shoulder injury. All I can say is, thank god the problem isn't in his legs this time.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
So, he's out for at least another month? So we shouldn't really expect to see him again till May?

His contract runs out in June.

Go figure.

(fuck off tik)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)