The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only Man United fan who would've rather faced Barca now(or next round works)? Barca are probably the hardest team to beat in a one-off game due to their possession, but over two legs you can do the ole' park the bus at Camp Nou + Win at home. Chelsea are going to be very tough, but I'm happy to have home advantage second leg.

Too bad Tottenham has to face Real Madrid, I like watching these guys play and they can upset certain teams, but now I need Madrid to go through and hopefully beat Barca with Mourinho's favorite tactic. If Madrid can't take out Barca in the two legs, again I don't see anyone beating them in a one-off game bar a very good/lucky game for them.

Too bad for Shakhtar, they're a pretty cool team but I think Barca is just a bit too much to ask of them, and Inter should deal with Schalke relatively easily.

So yeah overall I guess not really too pleased with the draws, would've preferred barca to have to go through 2 hard teams in the knock out phase, would've preferred to not see Man United and Chelsea go at it so soon, and would've liked for Shakhtar and Tottenham to have more favorable draws. But, ah well as they say

Shakhtar to beat Barca LET'S DO IT!! Also kinda bummed with Tottenham getting Real cause I really like both teams. as much as Tottenham has great upset potential I think Madrid's attack is going to fuck up their D. Hoping for ManU vs Real final I spose because fuck chelsea.

norulz

excellent
Europa League predictions

Quarter finals:

FC Porto 1 - 0 Spartak Moskva
Spartak Moskva 2 - 0 FC Porto
-
Benfica 2
- 0 PSV
PSV 0 - 0 Benfica
-
Villareal 0 - 1 Twente
Twente 2 - 0 Villareal
-
Dynamo Kyiv 0 - 1 Sp. Braga
Sp. Braga 1 - 0 Dynamo Kyiv

Semi-finals:

Sp. Braga 0 - 2 Benfica
Benfica 3 - 0 Sp. Braga
-
Spartak Moskva 1 - 2 Twente
Twente 2
- 1 Spartak Moskva

Final:

Twente 0 - 2 Benfica

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Honestly luphrous, your team is so ravaged by injury (esp. your def) that I think you should be pleased you've managed to avoid Barcelona for a little bit longer. That said, I quite fancy Chelsea to do you over atm...

yeah ^ I've come to the conclusion (a long time ago) that you can't rely on Arsenal to prevent Man Utd from getting that 19th title, which is unfortunate, but I'd rather focus on ending up as high as possible at the end of the season. 5th is possible, especially if Liverpool win tomorrow, although 4th is also possible but highly unlikely.

btw, nice tackle evans, right phalanx *_*

I just wish that one day.. Arsenal as a whole will wake up and realize, those 5 players behind the midfield are kind of a big deal.. and that we should STRENGTHEN IT. Rather than just buying a bunch of french and hope for the best.

Yes Arsenal.. your game will look a lot better.. and your offensive game won't get so criticized for not scoring 5 a game, if your defense is a lot stronger.. and can actually play clean, consistently.

Arsenal have a cool team but I think they should simply get Jan Vertonghen + Stekelenburg and that would be a good start to build a very strong squad.

plus vertonghen (ajax) is a classy cb who is belgian and can form a good partnership with Vermaleen (spelling :P) whose also belgian

luck? where was that luck against chelsea?
and i havn't seen the tackle yet, i'll compare it to carraghers and see which is worse

Arsenal have a cool team but I think they should simply get Jan Vertonghen + Stekelenburg and that would be a good start to build a very strong squad.

plus vertonghen (ajax) is a classy cb who is belgian and can form a good partnership with Vermaleen (spelling :P) whose also belgian
I'm afraid Vertonghen and Stekelenburg will leave this summer. Stekelenburg has a contract until the end of season 2011/2012, so he has to be sold this summer (I don't expect contract extension). Vertonghen is simply too good for the Eredivisie.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Evans' tackle wasn't as bad as Carragher's, but I'm afraid it did warrant the red card :( Seeing as it's a red card offence to just leave the ground...

And face it, United were definitely the better team yesterday. There wasn't much 'luck' in it...

I don't know if Jan Vertonghen was playing vs. Spartak Moscow, but he didn't really impress me very much (then again it might have been shit people around him making him look worse)

i dunno, that challange sounded worse when i heard about it then when i saw it, was a 50/50 both going for the ball, but with with studs showing, MoTD panel were devided on the red card, but if that is a red card, then why was carraghers only a yellow, they were fields apart.
but there were some laughable descisions elsewhere.
thank god we got valencia back, we need to do a blackpool and throw everyone forward cos we got hardly any defenders left

I don't know if Jan Vertonghen was playing vs. Spartak Moscow, but he didn't really impress me very much (then again it might have been shit people around him making him look worse)
shitty player make you look good, unless he's even worse but that isn't the case i guess
:jump::jump::jump:

ADO Den Haag - Ajax 3-2

31. 1-0 Toby Alderweireld (own goal, headed the ball behind Verhoeven).

69. 1-1 Jan Vertonghen (hard shot inside the penalty area, after a smart free kick from Christian Eriksen).

76. 2-1 Lex Immers (after a free kick from ADO winger Wesley Verhoek, soft shot, Ajax goalie should've had it).

84. 2-2 Christian Eriksen (header, after a corner from Miralem Sulejmani).

87. 3-2 Timothy Derijck (shot, rebound, mistake from Vurnon Anita, André Ooijer and Siem de Jong).

Ajax was the better club, but ADO worked hard and because they put effort in it, Ajax lost.

EFFORTLESS WHORES, FUCK YOU! DIE, EYONG ENOH, GREGORY VAN DER WIEL, ANDRÉ OOIJER AND VURNON ANITA!

CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN, YOU WORK HARD, THE OTHERS SHOULD DO WHAT YOU DO: WORKING HARD AND ACHIEVING A LOT BY WORKING HARD AND PUTTING EFFORT IN IT!

it was a penalty. end of discussion (above pic is photoshopped)

suarez for 23 million is bargain, what a an excellent piece of individual brilliance but spearing is motm for me

take that sunderland bastards

and it was never a penalty for gyan because he wouldve missed it anyway ajajajaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)