The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Spurs might well make it through, too. I hope they do, I quite like them, and think they deserve to go through after the mess Milan made last time

I knew AC Milan were going to dominate, and I think it's gonna continue that way in the second half because Tottenham midfield has just been awful and Lennon can't do anything without support which isn't being provided.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Lennon has been excellent. He's looked like Spurs most dangerous player (Crouch is getting shafted by the ref).

Milan are scared to actually throw men forward. They've never really looked like scoring. Spurs are comfortable.

Yeah I would've subbed crouch long before redknapp did, the ref was just giving fouls for everything he did :/

to be fair i think nosferalto said that at half time, when lennon had not been as good, whereas in the second half he (along with the whole rest of the team) seemed to step it up a bit.

tbh I wasn't really impressed by either team though, Sandro and Seedorf were good but everyone else just seemed kind of mediocre to me :/

that was an awful display from Liverpool.

The only positive things I can take from this match is how much capabilities Carroll has. I mean he didn't lose once in the air, not once and he was great setting up his team-mates with flick-ons. And at least it was away . . .

Manchester City hopefull loses, as well.

can't wait for altaria's judgement if these are the final scores

benfica - psg is great

Lee

@ Thick Club
Don't see many goals today since both Man U and Arsenal are missing their best playmakers (Nani and Fabregas) and matches between these two are usually quite cagey affairs since both Fergie and Wenger are deathly afraid of losing to one another.

Man Utd win I reckon...Arsenal are self-destructing and will likely still be feeling sorry for themselves after Tuesday.

Arsenal.. You make it easier and easier on me, as a supporter, to accept your constant failures as defenders.

I'm just.. use to all this disappointment now..

Lee

@ Thick Club
That's Scholes for you...probably the best central midfielder the Premiership has ever seen but he can't tackle for toffee.

Here's a handful of legends giving their opinion on Paul Scholes.

Zinedine Zidane: 'He is undoubtedly the greatest player of his generation.'

Thierry Henry: 'Without any doubt the best player in the Premiership has to be Scholes...He knows how to do everything.'

Alan Hansen: 'One of the top three to five players to have ever played in the Premier League.'

Bobby Charlton: 'A beautiful player to watch'

Xavi: 'A role model. For me, and I really mean this, he's the best central midfielder I've seen in the last 15, 20 years.'

I'm sure we can forgive him the odd clumsy tackle. :toast:

whats a match without paul scholes getting booked for a clumsy challange, and blasting the ball at a stupid speed from outside the area
he also has an eye condition apparantly
hope city lose to reading today

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
"Where ever we'll be, we'll be
We're going to Wembley!"

Yeahhhhhhhhh, CHUNG-YONG LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Some other Bolton songs-

"Super, Super Kev. Super, Super Kev. Super, Super Kev. Super Kevin Davies"
"When the whites go marching in"
"Owen Coyle's Super Army"
"Ivan, Ivan. Ivan Klasnic"
"Matty Taylor, duh, duh, duh, duh"
"Robbo, Robbo, Robbo..."
"Wheater, Wheater, Wheater..."
"USA, USA, USA"
"Come on Bolton"
"We're the one and only Wanderers"
"Wanderers, Wanderers, Wanderers, Wanderers, Wanderers, Wanderers. WANDERERS..."
"Owen, Owen Coyle. He gets the ball, and scores a goal, Owen, Owen Coyle"

Oh yeah, my Dad says we're definetly going to Wembley for the semis and the final if we make it, gonna be expensive though...

You might see me on TV. Look out for a slightly spotty, ginger/brown haired kid with a No.11 shirt of some guy who's on loan at PNE. (Ricardo Gardner).

Any fellow Bolton fans who can celebrate with The Bartman?

Ajax - Spartak Moscow 0-1

0-1 Alex

Ajax better, Spartak lucky.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Willem II - Ajax 1-3

19. 1-0 Rangelo Janga (rebound)
47. 1-1 Siem de Jong (assist: Aras Ozbiliz)
80. 1-2 Jan Vertonghen (assist: Vurnon Anita)
88. 1-3 Christian Eriksen (assist: Miralem Sulejmani)

Ajax was awful. 10-0 was deserved, but it ended 1-3 for Ajax.

Ajax player ratings.

Jeroen Verhoeven 6
The one to blame for the 1-0 with his mistake. Aside from that average. Substituted the severely injured Stekelenburg.

Gregory van der Wiel 1
DIE, FUCKING MORON! BIG FAT FUCKING WHORE!

Toby Alderweireld 2
The one to blame for the 1-0 together with Verhoeven. Played a bad game.

Jan Vertonghen 4
Not to blame for the 1-0, but played awful. But with his long range-shot, he made it up for me. Scored the undeserved 1-2.

Daley Blind 6
Not bad and not good, acceptable.

Demy de Zeeuw 1
Played horrible, lost the ball often and missed two sitters. Got substituted for Dario Cvitanich at halftime and deserved it.

Christian Eriksen 8
Awesome. Scored the undeserved 1-3 and played awesome. Man of the match.

Vurnon Anita 3
Assisted the 1-2 and sucked outside of that.

Miralem Sulejmani 4
Invisible aside from assisting the 1-3

Siem de Jong 5
Scored the 1-1, worked hardbut played awful.

Lorenzo Ebecilio 1
(...)

Aras Ozbiliz 8
Came on as a substitute for Ebecilio at halftime. Had everything Ebecilio lacked, assisted the 1-1 and played well.

Dario Cvitanich 7
Substituuted De Zeeuw after 45 minutes and played a good game. Deserved a goal but didn't score.

Ajax lineup.

Ajax minute 1-45

De Jong
Ebecilio Eriksen Sulejmani
Anita De Zeeuw
Blind Vertonghen Alderweireld VD Wiel
Verhoeven

Ajax minute 46-90

Cvitanich
Sulejmani Eriksen Ozbiliz
Anita De Jong
Blind Vertonghen Alderweireld VD Wiel
Verhoeven

now the stupidity of the semi-finals at wembly have been exposed.
all teams are in the north... so pointless just host the game at villa park or hillsborough like the old days.
and besides, man city fans probably don't know where wembly is

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
owen coyle looks like an ugly george clooney. amirite?
No, he may not be the best looking guy in the world, but he sure is a good manager.

Our current team is pretty much exactly the same as what our old gaffer, Gary Megson had, but Owen has changed our playstyle from that long ball crap we used to play to a more attractive style. This has obviously worked as being 7th in the league, and in the semi-finals of the FA Cup is no mean-feat, right?

now the stupidity of the semi-finals at wembly have been exposed.
all teams are in the north... so pointless just host the game at villa park or hillsborough like the old days.
and besides, man city fans probably don't know where wembly is

Man Utd fans do - they live next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)