The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CL predictions.

Shaktar Donetsk - AS Roma 2-2
Barcelona - Arsenal 3-1
Tottenham Hotspur - AC Milan 1-2
Bayern München - Internazionale 2-0

chelsea played crap against a blackpool without thier main striker and charlie adam

hope arsenal get rid of barca though

predictionsss

Shaktar Donetsk - AS Roma 3-1 (Donetsk rules at the moment and Roma isn't that good this season)
Barcelona - Arsenal 2-0 (no way Barcelona won't win)
Tottenham Hotspur - AC Milan 0-2 (probably stretching it a bit too far)
Bayern München - Internazionale 0-1 (dunno who wins after)

Sending off was bullshit

If Barcelona go through I feel that it will be deserved though, they were completely dominant even when arsenal had eleven men (speaking 10 minutes from time here)

Lets not blame the ref for Arsenals loss, yes he was shit and it was a harsh red but Arsenal were just totally inept.

Terrible marking especially clichy, letting alves do whatever he wanted(cost them the pen for a start), no closing down, trying to defend with a back line that out of synch, Arsenal could have had 20 men on and the ref in their pocket and would have gotten battered with those tactics.

No shots on or off target sums it up.

hope arsenal defend like that on saturday :P
the card did spoil the game though
that red card was more bullshit then the one vidic got last week
if arsenal did score that second and barca went out, they would have deserved it for being wasteful, arsenal should have been destroyed

Red Card was NOT ok.

If Van Persie was on the pitch, I'm sure he would've scored that glorious opportunity that stupid Bendtner missed.

I was watching as a neutral and I can say that if he wasn't sent off, the course of the game would have definitely changed.

premier league officals have been alright until last week... but they dont compare to that
arsenal gave the ball away too much, i wanted arsenal to go through just to get rid of barca, so spurs can knock em out :P
but really, arsenal were so stupidly outclassed it was embarrasing

premier league officals have been alright until last week... but they dont compare to that
arsenal gave the ball away too much, i wanted arsenal to go through just to get rid of barca, so spurs can knock em out :P
but really, arsenal were so stupidly outclassed it was embarrasing

No, they haven't. There are several major refereeing decisions every week - just because it's not your precious Utd on the end of the injustice does not mean they don't happen.

I lold when Van Persie got sent off, to be honest. Arsenal were getting dicked anyway, and I can't stand Van Persie

yes wrong descions happen every week, everyone complains every week, but what are they? the odd marginal offside, the odd one the ref didnt see properly. there is a differance between those and the crap ones this week, obvious ones i cant stand no matter what, there have been very little of the obvious ones that were wrong this season.
cant say luiz should not have gone at stamford bridge, he should and ref saw it clearly and gave nothing, unacceptable
the penalty - a so so, but wasn't the leg was barly out and the player said as much
the vidic red card - a shirt pull, and a slight one is not a yellow card ever.. unless you want no players on the pitch.
carragher should have gone for his foul same with rafael (he needs to learn)
and there was one soft penatly that is a similar rule to the vidic yellow where there would be 10 penaltys a game for such a descision, cant remember the game it was on.
and i think one game this season sunderland got the worst ref everything went against right or otherwise.
last season the refs were appauling, this season they are better, maybe if the FA opened thier eyes and started punishing the refs for them, instead of punishing managers for saying the ref was crap, you think it is fair on the managers who have to look at when wrong after a loss, to find that the ref was mostly to blame, and these wrong red cards spoil the team selection for the next game?
by all means have the respect campain, but respect should be both ways.

and what a ref is doing giving a second yellow card for such things as playing on an extra second is rediculous

if you're really blinkered enough to think that the most contentious thing that's happened in the Prem so far this season is a couple of marginal offsides you should probably kill yourself.

no i dont think that, try reading the rest, i said there were a few wrong ones where the officals didnt see clearly.
the most contentious thing is whatever the media throws at us for a week.
and the champions league is far worse.. remember chelsea a couple of years back?

sending off turned it into a barca training session, which spoilt the game.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
cant say luiz should not have gone at stamford bridge, he should and ref saw it clearly and gave nothing, unacceptable
the penalty - a so so, but wasn't the leg was barly out and the player said as much
like they say, these things even themselves out and you can't say you don't see the karmic link between that and Rooney getting away with murder against Wigan.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think Milan will score more than 1 tonight... especially since Zlatan sucks against english teams.

2-1 Spurs.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Spurs have been average in the league lately but when it comes to the Champions League they've showed a lot of passion. I think they'll beat Milan tonight - Milan will be desperate for a goal and will leave themselves vulnerable to a Bale or Lennon-driven counterattack.

Not predicting an exact score 'cos that's just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)