Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

So last gen I rnged a lonely, 31/30/31/30/31/30 Hidden Power Fire Giratina due to this being what the analysis on the site suggested for Giratina-O. Now in 6th gen, I see that the suggested spread is Rash without running Hidden power at all.

Is my old Lonely spread still usable? Or has it become not very good with the changes 6th gen brought to the metagame? Should I get another one?

So last gen I rnged a lonely, 31/30/31/30/31/30 Hidden Power Fire Giratina due to this being what the analysis on the site suggested for Giratina-O. Now in 6th gen, I see that the suggested spread is Rash without running Hidden power at all.

Is my old Lonely spread still usable? Or has it become not very good with the changes 6th gen brought to the metagame? Should I get another one?
Hidden Power is kinda gimpy this gen anyways, it's not as powerful or effective as it used to be.

What's the best HP Fire Xerneas on trade market with Modest and Timid nature respectively (excluding Cybergens)? iirc there was a timid 31/26/31/28/31/28

Guys, i just got a Diancie with great IVs: 20/ 20/ 31/ 31/ 31/ 31, but with a bad nature: Bashful, which is a neutral nature. Should i keep her or not?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Guys, i just got a Diancie with great IVs: 20/ 20/ 31/ 31/ 31/ 31, but with a bad nature: Bashful, which is a neutral nature. Should i keep her or not?
As far as natures for Ubers go, I would shoot for brave (Trick Room support) or Bold (Bird check Support). I would wait for a bit, personally, to see what sets come for mega diancie in ORAS. But yeah, I would scrap that one.

So a while back, I was hunting for Yveltals off the GTS. Needless to say, I think I snagged a good one. Wish the HP and Sp. Atk were a bit higher, but for a GTS snag, this is not too bad. Plus, I ain't losing a thing, it's the person's loss for whoever originally owned it :P

Bold Yveltal. Nicknamed "Ymichou" for some reason
HP-27/Atk-28-31/Def-31/Sp. Atk-20-21/Sp. Def-31/Spe-31

Overall, not bad.
EDIT: Got the real IVs, pretty damn sick now that I leveled up to Lv. 100
HP-27/Atk-29/Def-31/Sp. Atk-21/Sp. Def-31/Spe-31

Last edited:
hello everyone after sr for about a day i came with this adamant zygarde 252/179/194/126/159/145 ivs should be around 31/28/29/31/31/16 (fairly new to ivs/evs in general just restarted after gen 3 so i cant be sure about my calculations) should i keep it?

Okay, now i just got a Diancie with a Naive nature, which is the nature i wanted, but the IVs are just really .... =( 31/ 22/ 30/ 31/ 3/ 31. Keeping her would be really tempting if it wasn't for that Sp. Def. Should i keep her? Probably not, right? I'm becoming really tired from SRing the game. x.x

Thanks for advising me before, Wreckdra and Slashari.

Okay, I've got these and wondering if any of them should be SR'd for better ones, since I'm gonna be replaying either X or Y pretty soon:

Xerneas: 31/0/30/31/14/31, Timid Nature
Yveltal: 20/20/31/31/31/31, Naive nature (I run Sucker Punch on this)
Mewtwo: 31/0/26/31/26/31, Timid Nature
Mewtwo: 27/31/31/30/15/31, Jolly Nature
Zygarde: 31/29/30/31/31/30, Jolly nature (obviously the overall spread is good but I'm not sure about having less than 31 in both attack and speed)

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Offensive Xern sets want SpA+ not really Spe+. The same is true but to a lesser extent with Yveltal since I know some players prefer max speed Yveltal on offensive sets. Your Mewtwo(s) look good to me. Zygarde isn't really used in Ubers so I can't say about that one.

Wow, look at that. Should I keep this or not? Dem IVs though.

Careful Diancie
HP:31/Atk: 27/Def: 27/x/Sp Def: 31/Spe: 31

Edit: After looking at the Ubers Analysis and seeing that Impish is useful and considering that Careful might be viable as a special wall, keeping.

Wow, look at that. Should I keep this or not? Dem IVs though.

Careful Diancie
HP:31/Atk: 27/Def: 27/x/Sp Def: 31/Spe: 31

Edit: After looking at the Ubers Analysis and seeing that Impish is useful and considering that Careful might be viable as a special wall, keeping.
Diancie is looking like it will have a big niche in oras ubers because it can check mega mence/mega ray pretty well, but it needs impish to do that best. Also it will most likely run moonblast to do its job, so I think having spatk iv's would be much better. A +phys def nature is what you want, and most likely -atk, in case you want to run mega diancie (not sure how viable this will be because of other megas, though on teams you would use it you likely wouldn't want to use thing like mrayq anyway). A -spe nature is possible too, but it would let mega diancie's 110 speed stat go to waste.

Just got a Xerneas with a Modest nature, HP: 22-23 Atk: 6-7 Def: 31 SpA: 24-25 Sp Def: 31 Spe: 31 don't know if I should keep or not.

I just got this Diancie:

It has really good IVS (Minus that SPD) but its a Rash Nature: 31/31/31/31/6/31

Maybe a Rock Polish Sweeper Mega Diancie?

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
I just got this Diancie:

It has really good IVS (Minus that SPD) but its a Rash Nature: 31/31/31/31/6/31

Maybe a Rock Polish Sweeper Mega Diancie?
Yeah, that's definitely a solid spread. With Rock Polish Mega Diancie you're probably going to be using Rash (or Naive) anyways, so the SPD stat doesn't really matter much.

So Diancie is on the spot, I got this one

Modest
14/31/31/31/28/28

Just the HP under 25, what do you think?

Edit: Tossed

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)