The Everything NFL Thread - 2012 Season (Up til 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning did deserve comeback player of the year since he was out for the entire 2011 season why AP really miss one game. I initially thought Manning should be MVP but thinking it a bit more, AP does deserve MVP since the Vikings wouldn't made the playoffs without him.
I don't really think the Broncos would've made the playoffs this year if they still had Tebow. I don't know if this is a very good argument.

What IS a good argument is that AP probably had the greatest season for a running back literally ever. I know he didn't beat the record in yards, but it was still just so incredible.

If AP didn't get the MVP award then no RB ever would again. Easily coulda shoulda had the record. The man gained 6 yards per carry. His QB GAINED 6.2 (or something) PER PASS ATTEMPT. AND THEY MADE THE PLAYOFFS. Which unfortunately bears more weight than it should. And especially in a year where no QB really put up anything remotely historic... (did anyone even get 40 TDs?) you had to give it to AP. Otherwise it really is the MVQB award.

Oh yeah and this dude literally tore his knee right the fuck up and wasn't even guaranteed to play week 1. Niggas needa recognize. Yea Manning missed a year and played for a new team but his season statistically <<<<<< AP's in a historical context.

lol at using "advanced" metrics for more than generalities

yo the guy who passed at a higher %, passed for a higher y/a, rushed for over an extra yard a carry, and had only 3 less touchdowns despite a missed game and had half the interceptions, that guy was fucking better

the only thing that even puts them minutely close is that Griffin has a fumbling problem, hopefully that gets better
Sorry, your stats are too basic.

We should all make a post with a few moment predictions we will post about during the Super Bowl.

"And he finally is having a rookie type game..inevitable"

"Are they even trying to stop Flacco to Smith? Just has to throw it downfield 50 yds everytime."

"Now THIS is a halftime show. Have my children B."

"Ray Lewis has won the Super Bowl! I mean.. The Ravens have won the Super Bowl!"

@Phadunk: "Good game lil bro"
"Mom loves me more"
"And Pollard with another devastating hit"
"Anquan Boldin with another amazing catch"
"Flacco is making a case to be the next elite QB"

If AP didn't get the MVP award then no RB ever would again. Easily coulda shoulda had the record. The man gained 6 yards per carry. His QB GAINED 6.2 (or something) PER PASS ATTEMPT. AND THEY MADE THE PLAYOFFS. Which unfortunately bears more weight than it should. And especially in a year where no QB really put up anything remotely historic... (did anyone even get 40 TDs?) you had to give it to AP. Otherwise it really is the MVQB award.

Oh yeah and this dude literally tore his knee right the fuck up and wasn't even guaranteed to play week 1. Niggas needa recognize. Yea Manning missed a year and played for a new team but his season statistically <<<<<< AP's in a historical context.
If you're putting their injuries into the equation, then I'd say that favors Manning too. Let's not forget that Manning had surgery on his neck FOUR TIMES. The neck is one of those places on the body where you absolutely do not want to be hurting yourself. AP basically just recovered quicker than usual. Peyton took something that could've been career or even life-threatening and came back to have a season just as good as almost any other season he's ever had.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I don't have much to say about the Super Bowl, aside from the fact that I'm REALLY not looking forward to having to listen to Phil Simms for 5 hours

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
requesting some drinking game rules for tonight, would appreciate some rules that won't kill me but nonetheless i'm sure someone here can come up with some good ones (i didn't know where else to ask). getting steaming tonight, go ravens!
Every time Flacco misses a receiver take a shot

Oh wait you said rules that WON'T kill you

Ok, every time Flacco hits a receiver in stride take a shot

If you're putting their injuries into the equation, then I'd say that favors Manning too. Let's not forget that Manning had surgery on his neck FOUR TIMES. The neck is one of those places on the body where you absolutely do not want to be hurting yourself. AP basically just recovered quicker than usual. Peyton took something that could've been career or even life-threatening and came back to have a season just as good as almost any other season he's ever had.
oh sure, i agree with this. everyone agrees that it's impressive AP did this so soon after blowing his knee up so then manning supporters bring up the surgeries, which are a huge deal...

but like i said, historically manning <<<<<<<< AP this year

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
requesting some drinking game rules for tonight, would appreciate some rules that won't kill me but nonetheless i'm sure someone here can come up with some good ones (i didn't know where else to ask). getting steaming tonight, go ravens!

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/17t6ik/super_boxl_xlvii_drinking_game_thread/ nvm found some, see you on the other side!
drink every time there is no actual sport being played, not including half time and shit

this is what me and my friends are gonna do, this may end up with hospitalisations

drink every time there is no actual sport being played, not including half time and shit

this is what me and my friends are gonna do, this may end up with hospitalisations
That's essentially once every 5-20 seconds for periods that are longer than that. You'll have alcohol poisoning by the end of the 1st quarter.

I miss the days when the 49ers had a good defense... So dominating.. Justin Smith gets injured and this happens. I'd hate to see what this defense looks with the same amount of injuries as other teams.

Luck. Nothing but luck. Let's hope the Ravens can pull the win, because even now the teams are too close to be a blowout.

Joe Flacco has an electric wide receiver that can make fabulous catches, therefore Flacco sucks and he's incapable of making good, clutch throws regardless of the situation.

Ben Roethlisberger must suck too. That first Super Bowl was won DESPITE him and that second Super Bowl was only won because Santonio Holmes made an incredible catch. None of that success was thanks to Big Ben!!!!

#thelogicinthisthread

Disclaimer: I do not actually believe the words spoken in that statement, I'm just reiterating some of the logic the people in this thread deploy to try and say Flacco is bad.

Disclaimr #2: I am not a Flacco homer, I just like him and think his criticisms aren't justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)