The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I think comparing Gronk to other TEs is kinda shortsighted.

Gronk should be compared more to guys like Antonio Brown, Odell, and Julio since hes essentially the Patriots big play guy/no.1 receiver, the guy leads the league in yards per reception for gods sake. No other TE can compare to him.

ITT Patriots fans searching for reasons to doubt their team because they're bored of winning all the time
All pats fans care about is the superbowl, and this injury puts a pretty big dent in their superbowl aspirations

Um, Antonio brown and le'veon bell are definitely in the top 10, so you're not the only team...

Other than that you are still alright without Gronk, and he'll be back in time for the afcc anyway. if you'd lost brady you'd be in more trouble, but I'll wager you could still win even the afcc without Gronk.
Well Lev Bell is always hurt/suspended so Idk if i'd put him in the Top 10, you could probably make a better case for Big Ben.

And Gronk is probably out for the season. Theres like a 0% chance hes back for the AFCC and like a 10% chance of him returning for the superbowl.

Looked it up on football outsiders. The patriots are ranked 8th worst in 3 and out frequency. Is it possible to comprehend how malignantly odious you have to be to fail to scheme a first down with this team? To be clear after the drive starts they're rated the 6th most efficient team at getting first downs! 6th! How the fuck does that even happen?
I feel like those 3 games with Brissett skew this number quite a bit

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So we just destroyed a team on a 6 game winning streak, and our only touchdown (and points) conceded was when the Dolphins started with the ball 9 yards out.

Who was it in this thread said that our defense was "good, not great" again?

So we just destroyed a team on a 6 game winning streak, and our only touchdown (and points) conceded was when the Dolphins started with the ball 9 yards out.

Me

Cuz they got shredded by the cowboys raiders and Giants

and coincidentally those are the three best teams they've played this year

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Me

Cuz they got shredded by the cowboys raiders and Giants

and coincidentally those are the three best teams they've played this year
Giants only started moving the ball on us when Jimmy Smith left the game injured, before then he was bottling up OBJ.

I'll give you the other two, although neither team even reached 30, so if they're the worst defensive performances we've had all season, I'll take it.

Also nice of Flacco to do something that doesn't make me want to fire him in a rocket ship into the sun this season

Last edited:

If u watched ten seconds of the Rams Dolphins game u would be convinced that they are not a good team lmao

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Eli Manning is Joe Flacco four years before Joe Flacco was Joe Flacco, this isn't new information.

LOL rams lolfisher already covered
fuck tom brady
Failcons manage to lose the game on the game-winning touchdown. Another one this season, exciting!
Blake Bortles has more pick-sixes in his career than wins. edit: dak prescott also has more wins than him
Kaepernick threw for fewer passing yards today than the number of times he was sacked, and the team threw for an equivalent amount.

COWMEN clinch a playoff berth !!!!!!! :pimp:

Last edited:
Just like that, the LOB is sliced in half. Earl Thomas is out with a broken tibia. Tweeted in the locker room saying a lot is in his head, including retirement. Really saddens me. Just when he got back. Never missed a start, put his all every week, then out like that.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Giants O Line is the weak link, not Manning. They hold on every play just so he can barely get the ball out without being sacked. He hasn't been good this year by any stretch, but he has no pass protection or run game to work with.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Giants O Line is the weak link, not Manning. They hold on every play just so he can barely get the ball out without being sacked. He hasn't been good this year by any stretch, but he has no pass protection or run game to work with.
Glad someone else sees it. watching the game it was pretty obvious, and no qb is going to thrive without a running game or more than .5 seconds to throw. you know your line is bad when you let Pittsburgh's nonexistent pass rush create pressure on almost every play with just 4 guys

Blake Bortles has more pick-sixes in his career than wins.
Broncos game would have been tied in the 4th quarter without the pick-6.

Jags could easily be .500, if not a little better, without Bortles actively finding ways to lose and refs forgetting what DPI looks like.

also Jags D is playing pretty damn good, and if they were creating turnovers like the other better Ds in the league that probably would be a couple more wins.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Broncos game would have been tied in the 4th quarter without the pick-6.

Jags could easily be .500, if not a little better, without Bortles actively finding ways to lose and refs forgetting what DPI looks like.

also Jags D is playing pretty damn good, and if they were creating turnovers like the other better Ds in the league that probably would be a couple more wins.
Im telling you, henne would have us at 6-6 rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)