The Everything NFL Thread - 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
drew brees is actually playing better than Mahomes rn but he'll be robbed of MVP again

Also Saints are clearly the NFL's best team

After watching today, the Saints are most definitely not the second best team in the NFL. They are extraordinarily fortunate to have come away with a win against a Ravens team that does not have a very threatening offense (in spite of the elite defense). Saints also got bailed out by a kicker against the Browns too. Could very easily be 3-3. Rams, Patriots, Chiefs and then the rest.
they nearly lost to a Falcons team sans 3 defensive stars too. Saints are very clearly the most overrated NFC team right now but honestly there is no other second best NFC team so we just have to accept that they're the best we've got right now (but clearly a ways behind the Rams, Chiefs, Pats, and Chargers) (fite me Del Rio)
What a day for tucker to have his worst kicking game in like 3 years. Saints are lucky to escape with a win. Fuckin despise that team. Was really looking forward to the ravens giving em an L.

Also, both north divisions are a giant clusterfuck and way too close to call right now (except the browns are bad lol because coaching)
Gentlemen,

My apologies. You all were right. The Saints are not the 2nd best team in the NFC nor NFL. They're clearly the best team in the NFL.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Gentlemen,

My apologies. You all were right. The Saints are not the 2nd best team in the NFC nor NFL. They're clearly the best team in the NFL.
Yeah, no. They were the better team today, but they also gave up a double digit lead at home and almost pissed the game away, but got bailed out by Michael Thomas breaking a franchise record. I bet if it were in LA they would've been buried. I was wrong, they are the real deal, but I wouldn't use today to go and crown them. They're neck and neck with the Rams imo.

Yeah, no. They were the better team today, but they also gave up a double digit lead at home and almost pissed the game away, but got bailed out by Michael Thomas breaking a franchise record. I bet if it were in LA they would've been buried. I was wrong, they are the real deal, but I wouldn't use today to go and crown them. They're neck and neck with the Rams imo.
The Saints got bailed out... by their own player? Huh?

You can continue to make excuses but the facts are the facts. And their play is doing all the talking for me

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm saying it took a historical performance to avoid the worst collapse of the season. Imagine dominating at home in the first half, only to give up a massive lead to end up with a tied ball game? The Saints are legit and I didn't give them enough credit, but I still don't think they're the best team in the league

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Rams Saints Chiefs Patriots. We’re going to break the Super Bowl scoring record this year.

What’s that? The record was literally set this last year? Game sucks.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Giving up a 21 point lead over the course of more than half a game against a top 2 team in the NFL is not nearly as epic as we're making it out to be. It was really more a product of the rams' very good defense stepping up and slowing down the saints offense for a while so they could methodically climb back in. It's not as though anything crazy happened, they just kept their cool and continued to chip away. 21 points is not massive in today's league. I would tend to agree that the saints are still not the best team in the league though, despite beating the rams. They're not as "good" a team overall as the rams, they just executed better in this matchup.

Saints were the most overrated team in the country (I would like to think no one actually thought the Redskins were good...) before playing their best game of the season against a very good team who played an average game. I don’t think anyone could have watched that game and emphatically stated “The Saints are better than the Rams” but clearly they are good enough to be in the conversation and I will admit that much. Thanksgiving will be another fun shootout I’m sure.

I don't even care if you still think the Rams are a better team (talent-wise, they are, few will argue that). Just stop with the bs excuses week in and week out to mask your personal vendetta against the Saints

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
He kinda has to come back if his whole preparing-for-a-future-past-the-Steelers thing is to come to fruition. As to whether the Steelers do anything with him or not is another matter.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm reading conflicting reports now regarding Bell. Up until today, it was being said that if Bell didn't report by Nov 13 he would be ineligible to play this season, and Pittsburgh could then re-tag him in the spring for the same amount as this year. However, according to the article i just read a minute ago, that tag amount would be equivalent to the third year tag (qb number) instead of the second year tag. So at this point I don't know what to believe. It's weird that a player could hold out an entire season on the tag without signing it but still have it count toward his accrual.

I'm reading conflicting reports now regarding Bell. Up until today, it was being said that if Bell didn't report by Nov 13 he would be ineligible to play this season, and Pittsburgh could then re-tag him in the spring for the same amount as this year. However, according to the article i just read a minute ago, that tag amount would be equivalent to the third year tag (qb number) instead of the second year tag. So at this point I don't know what to believe. It's weird that a player could hold out an entire season on the tag without signing it but still have it count toward his accrual.
Don’t think it matters, I don’t think the Steelers would spite tag Bell at the same rate just to prove a point, since they have no intention of paying him what he wants and he has no intention of taking anything less.

And to think the steelers could have saved themselves all this headache by just paying bell two years ago. Most contracts have all the guaranteed money front loaded anyway and the organization could have just released him after this season with minimal fuss. I still think leveon went about it badly but the team didn't do themselves any favors by continually tagging one of he best RBS in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)