The Everything NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB_Packers_Ftw

LOOKS LIKE FAVRE GOT SHUT DOWN
It would be great if America's team were able to beat the cowboys in dallas. However, I am sitting here thinking... Were is America's team (Green Bay) better off if the two teams clash in the ship? Of course at first you'd say Laumbeu (there goes 148$) but then i think of the weather, and then of our gameplan. Altough Grant puts up great numbers, its mainly just at the end, after Favre has 380 yards. We aren't going to be able to throw it great if it ends up snowing. And i won't lie to you, the cowboys rushing offense is a little better than the Packers. So maybe we are better off in a warmer place, just for passing reasons. And tbh, I'm not so sure we will even have to play in the ship, or if we do maybe not even agaisnt dallas.

Anyways Packers ROLLED the lions, and of course the cowboys win agaisnt the 2-8 jets was almost as impressive as the victories agaisnt the dolphins, rams, vikings, and bills (lol).

Lions are in trouble =(

But I have faith in them, they'll finish .500 or better at least. They got the Vikings and Chiefs, two easy wins imo. Then of course there's those Chargers whom I think we can beat even if we're on the road. Cowboys and Packers are a different story...

GB_Packers_Ftw

Lions are in trouble =(

But I have faith in them, they'll finish .500 or better at least. They got the Vikings and Chiefs, two easy wins imo. Then of course there's those Chargers whom I think we can beat even if we're on the road. Cowboys and Packers are a different story...
The chiefs by no means are an easy win. I would suspect that the lions are at home agaisnt them but still, we had trouble with them. 6 lead changes. And you saw what the Packers did to the lions lol. Minnesota is horrible, but they are a tad underrated for whatever reason. The lions should finish 7-9, but definately not 10 wins. however, I would LOVE to see the lions roll the cowgirls, and would LOVE to see our division get a wildcard, which may not happen with the east. Also would like to see the rams win the divsion lol, although this is seemingly impossible. The duel in dallas is set up (again?), and espn picks the cowboys. Then again, they picked us to win only half of our games. -bears -vikes -vikes -panthers. NFL network is gay.

Lions are at home against KC who has a young QB at the helm and their star running back out. Jared Allen will have a field day though with our horrible pass protection. We'll win if we get Croyle to turnover the ball fast and often and we cover Gonzalez and Bowe.

Hopefully against the Vikings AD is still hurting limiting his running. Otherwise, they have a bad pass game/pass defense.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
America's Team only plays America's Team on the practice field, so they can't lose to themselves.
Hopefully they don't lose to Green Bay either. The Cowboys' victory over the Bears was a lot more impressive than Green Bay's WAIT THEY LOST OLOL GOOD GAME MATE!

Lions are done for. :P It was a good run, but their second-half schedule is ridiculous and they haven't done well enough up to this point to carry them the rest of the way. They'll still be fighting for a Wild Card, but I'm not sure they can get one. Giants grabbed one last year at 8-8, even if the Lions only beat the Vikings and Chiefs they have a shot. As for Minnesota, Chester Taylor isn't to be taken lightly even if he isn't a manfreak like AP.

GB_Packers_Ftw

America's Team only plays America's Team on the practice field, so they can't lose to themselves.
Hopefully they don't lose to Green Bay either. The Cowboys' victory over the Bears was a lot more impressive than Green Bay's WAIT THEY LOST OLOL GOOD GAME MATE!

Lions are done for. :P It was a good run, but their second-half schedule is ridiculous and they haven't done well enough up to this point to carry them the rest of the way. They'll still be fighting for a Wild Card, but I'm not sure they can get one. Giants grabbed one last year at 8-8, even if the Lions only beat the Vikings and Chiefs they have a shot. As for Minnesota, Chester Taylor isn't to be taken lightly even if he isn't a manfreak like AP.
Save it for friday morning son, save it for friday morning. We are pretty banged up defensively so i am a little worried.

I'm looking forward for this Cowboy vs Packers match-up. Possibly the NFC Final Preview :DDD

I pick to the cowboys to win for two reasons: 1. We're at home so go home field advantage. 2. I feel that our defense is better compared to Green Bays and Newman is finally 100% and with Ware and Ellis coming from both ends, it will be just enough to fluster Farve.

Either way this should be a great game to watch.

Cable game rule is that the hometown must be able to see the game on basic tv therefore I get the game screw you guys ^_^

I can't believe Gus Frefrotte lost the game for the Rams. We could've won our third game in a row. =/
Next week we're going to beat the Falcons.

GB_Packers_Ftw

Yeah it was nice to see the vikes win for a change. Sort of shakes up our division, and NFC wildcards. The giants will still get in but im sort of hoping Green Bay won't have to play them again.

EDIT: Yeah i was pulling for the rams in that one...that one pass on 1st down was just horrible, seriously my mom could've done it. And the damned fumble just drove me crazy.

As for this over-rated\ under-rated talk i certainly think dallas is the most over-rated team in the nfl and I have said this before. Certainly indy or the broncos are the most under-rated. The cowboys defense isn't as bad some defenses (lol bears), but seriously, it doesn't even come close to Green Bay's. Half the time our defense just folds in the second half because the score is like 30-0. But i don't think that will happen this week. And T.O. really won't be much of a factor...your forgetting that we have Al Harris. Seriously, he knocked down roy williams at the line of scrimage lol. We won't be able to do that to T.O. but i still think that the press will give us enough time to sack romo. Certainly if we have Woodson back in the lineup. I think the X-factor in the game will be how well Green Bay covers the TE's, and how well both teams run it, more so dallas. Looking back we let up alot of catches to Gonzalos (idk how to spell) and Gates. Mainly because Safety is our weak spot on defense. Aaron rouse has had 2 picks in the last 2 weeks though and is really coming along as a nice rookie.

umm nevermind

god damn the eagles should have won that game

don't think it's all about skill pats fans (especially you ass fans), you guys have gotten pretty damn lucky in this game and the game against the colts to have both marvin harrison AND dallas clark out for those guys...and to avoid any serious injury, unlike said colts.

yes you guys have talent but not even the best talent can overcome injuries or just plain bad luck. okay technically not luck but you know what i mean. "favorable circumstances". so on that note, you guys have come out well in your favor.

you guys are far from "unbeatable". Skilled, definitely, but not unbeatable. the Steelers and hell even the Giants have a decent shot at knocking you guys down, not to mention the Colts and anyone else you may face in the playoffs. why do you think we've only had one undefeated team in the modern NFL era, which was not even the BEST team the modern era has seen?

</longassrant>

Why throw wide???
WHY??!?!?

Every time they threw wide they got dickslapped by Asante Samuel.
That was still a really good game and definitely showed that the pats are human. Moss got shut down.

umm nevermind

god damn the eagles should have won that game

don't think it's all about skill pats fans (especially you ass fans), you guys have gotten pretty damn lucky in this game and the game against the colts to have both marvin harrison AND dallas clark out for those guys...and to avoid any serious injury, unlike said colts.

yes you guys have talent but not even the best talent can overcome injuries or just plain bad luck. okay technically not luck but you know what i mean. "favorable circumstances". so on that note, you guys have come out well in your favor.

you guys are far from "unbeatable". Skilled, definitely, but not unbeatable. the Steelers and hell even the Giants have a decent shot at knocking you guys down, not to mention the Colts and anyone else you may face in the playoffs. why do you think we've only had one undefeated team in the modern NFL era, which was not even the BEST team the modern era has seen?

</longassrant>
Whoa calm down dude. I'm not a Patriots fan (although I openly root for Brady, Welker and Moss because they're on my fantasy teams), but you have to look at it from a more realistic standpoint. Any team on any given day can beat any other team, depending if the intangibles in the game goes the right way. For example, you claim Steelers can knock off the Pats, BUT Steelers blew a Jets game. Does that mean Steelers are inferior or any less talented? No, that means the Jets had the right things going for them and Steelers didn't. Now take this into perspective. What if McNabb played? Would he had gotten the same results Feeley did? Remember in 04 that Feeley picked the Pats apart cause apparently hes a "Patriots Killer" so that doesn't necessarily means Pats got 'lucky' there were injured Eagles. Not to mention, Moss did get a 'sem-phantom' PI call from that TD, and that easy missed FG. Things just happen to go depending on the game. And now let's not even get started on the Giants, who after today's game, makes a hardcase for being able to beat ANY team if Eli keeps playing like that.

As for future playoff complications. Note that even if Harrison and or Clark did play, what if Addai's touches gone away? You can't just add on an imaginary total 140 yards to the offense the Colts already had. It has to be taken into account that those yards will come out of somewhere. Also it should be mentioned that Freeney is out for like what, the year? Without that pass rush threat, Brady now has roughly 15 seconds as opposed to the 13 seconds he had waiting to throw.

Now remember I'm not a Pats fan, just an advocator of domination and arrogance, it's a fun thing.

BACK IN THE HUNT, BIG TIME! Not really, but it was certainly nice to see the Vikings play an outstanding game for once. Also, I was really hoping that the Patriots would lose, but at least I got enough points from my fantasy players on the Pats to give me a semi-comfortable lead going into tonight in one of my leagues. As for the Green Bay-Dallas game on thursday, I think it really could go either way. The way GB is playing lately, they could easily win. At the same time, Dallas has a lot going for them and they are a great team. I just wish I could watch the game :[

So close the Eagles were...

I'm sure every defensive coordinator who has yet to face the Pats will be looking into that Pats film and use what the Eagles did and also improve on what they did.
It seemed like Running backs like Westbrook and Addai who can both run and receive have had big games against the Patriots. Also, shutting down Moss effectively makes Welker the only go-to guy (Although he is darn quick)

Looking forward to that Steelers - Pats game. Pennsylvania revenge anyone?

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even if Sean Taylor makes it out of his current state, he has to be REALLY worried about the fact that he is for some reason being deliberately targeted by someone.

Vinny Cerrato said:
"After the shooting, Taylor's girlfriend tried to call police from the house line, only to discover the line had been cut.
This was NOT a random attack. Random attackers imo don't go to this kind of trouble to look for a line and cut it.

And there were robbery attempts on his house in the previous week, which is why he was there in the first place (I think)

I can't believe Gus Frefrotte lost the game for the Rams. We could've won our third game in a row. =/
Next week we're going to beat the Falcons.
go seahawks! though that last play was pretty intense...fumble on a fourth and goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)