Project The fifth annual (Not so) Secret Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello Brandon! For this Christmas or whatever we're celebrating in January you wanted either or both a Thievul terrain team or Thievul voltturn team, so I decided to stick two in one.
1610768188641.png
1610768545570.png1610768521321.png1610768511957.png1610768493521.png

(click on picture or sprites for pokepaste)

It's been over three days since I first built this so I don't remember my thoughts while in process so I'll try to figure it out as I write this! Thievul was added first of course because that's what you asked for. I had already decided to do terrain and voltturn in one so I naturally had to choose a terrain setter, AKA Thwackey or Pincurchin. Pincurchin could've been interesting as it has Spikes and even Memento and boosts Volt Switch, but I went with Thwackey for the priority+U-turn. Hitmonlee was next because it can be a beast on terrain and pairs well with Thievul with one weakening and the other sweeping depending on the opposing team. Claydol is solid on terrain for its role compression: Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Fighting resist, Electric immunity, etc. all in one. I also had to stick with Rapid Spin over Defog since Defog removes the terrain now. Archeops is there for a strong, fast mon with a pivot move and doesn't depend on Grassy Terrain being up, and it also helps with stuff like Talonflame which can be a pain for the rest of the team. Finally, Togedemaru was added for my Choice Scarfer with U-turn that can check some final threats like Ice-types and Fairy-types.

As for the sets themselves, Thievul and Hitmonlee both have enough Speed to outspeed Choice Scarf Heliolisk with the Unburden boost, with the leftover put in bulk. 4 move Speed EVs lets you creep Timid Ludicolo, though I don't think that's a thing, or you can just go full Speed if you really hate Rain and/or Sun. Thievul has Play Rough so you can try to KO a weakened Guzzlord or Scrafty, though you can replace it with Parting Shot if you wanna further the voltturn. Another potential change is that Thwackey can be Jolly to outspeed stuff like Timid Vanilluxe, though I went Adamant for the boosted Grassy Glide. Besides that, the rest of the team is pretty standard set-wise. Also the numbers in the nicknames are a secret code for something that as nothing to do with this at all because I got bored.

So yeah, that's the Grassy Terrain voltturn team (even if they're all just U-turn) built around Thievul. Merry Christmas! (also s/o PTF for organizing all of this)

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello Brandon! For this Christmas or whatever we're celebrating in January you wanted either or both a Thievul terrain team or Thievul voltturn team, so I decided to stick two in one.
View attachment 308241
View attachment 308254View attachment 308253View attachment 308252View attachment 308251
(click on picture or sprites for pokepaste)

It's been over three days since I first built this so I don't remember my thoughts while in process so I'll try to figure it out as I write this! Thievul was added first of course because that's what you asked for. I had already decided to do terrain and voltturn in one so I naturally had to choose a terrain setter, AKA Thwackey or Pincurchin. Pincurchin could've been interesting as it has Spikes and even Memento and boosts Volt Switch, but I went with Thwackey for the priority+U-turn. Hitmonlee was next because it can be a beast on terrain and pairs well with Thievul with one weakening and the other sweeping depending on the opposing team. Claydol is solid on terrain for its role compression: Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Fighting resist, Electric immunity, etc. all in one. I also had to stick with Rapid Spin over Defog since Defog removes the terrain now. Archeops is there for a strong, fast mon with a pivot move and doesn't depend on Grassy Terrain being up, and it also helps with stuff like Talonflame which can be a pain for the rest of the team. Finally, Togedemaru was added for my Choice Scarfer with U-turn that can check some final threats like Ice-types and Fairy-types.

As for the sets themselves, Thievul and Hitmonlee both have enough Speed to outspeed Choice Scarf Heliolisk with the Unburden boost, with the leftover put in bulk. 4 move Speed EVs lets you creep Timid Ludicolo, though I don't think that's a thing, or you can just go full Speed if you really hate Rain and/or Sun. Thievul has Play Rough so you can try to KO a weakened Guzzlord or Scrafty, though you can replace it with Parting Shot if you wanna further the voltturn. Another potential change is that Thwackey can be Jolly to outspeed stuff like Timid Vanilluxe, though I went Adamant for the boosted Grassy Glide. Besides that, the rest of the team is pretty standard set-wise. Also the numbers in the nicknames are a secret code for something that as nothing to do with this at all because I got bored.

So yeah, that's the Grassy Terrain voltturn team (even if they're all just U-turn) built around Thievul. Merry Christmas! (also s/o PTF for organizing all of this)
Excellent post and beautiful art! I really love you UberSkitty

team for Raahel who wanted Scyther + Lanturn core
https://pokepast.es/e41dfd85e3e0db11

Well clearly it's gonna be some kind of volturn core with that right? I wanted to meme and not do that but it was too hard. Anyway those two are pretty standard. Scyther + Lant may have been the request but Toge is the star and this team showed me what a menace Scarf Toge can be. It pairs so well with them I couldn't help but add it and Iron Barbs is invaluable for causing chip. The Mesprit is the classic one from SM (whom I miss there) and it does it's job and adds necessary ground/fighting resists, while being another pivot who is hard to KO and also being a decent vs Viri. AV Mag, the only non pivot on the team is better than Charizard in some aspects, not being as hampered by rocks as the first. The additional bulk lets it work as a pivot. It'll 2hko a 252/0 Vaporeon with Tbolt after rocks, woo. The bulk from AV lets you throw it/stay in versus things you otherwise would fear. You could use Focus Blast over Mach, but Scorching Sands is much less shaky and hits most of the things Focus Blast does anyway. I prefer the pick-off-ness of Mach to missing. Bulky Bravi as a defogger. It's bulky, has defog, hits hard, pivots, heals. Oh and you can switch it into Aromatisse all day, thanks Defiant.

Overall cool team give try.

Reactions: PTF
Merry Christmas keppy you magnificent bastard. Here is your double birb, with a pink mon (female Butterfree, points for ingenuity thanks) request.

https://pokepast.es/17bec810aab6f4fb

Screens is actually pretty fun and relatively decent in terms of HO. Lead Archeops was a great start to the team, grabbing momentum from turn 1. A second bird was needed and Butterfree seemed like a great fit for HO, with accurate sleep and a broken boosting move it’s a great abuser. I was really surprised and impressed by it alongside Omastar. Omastar is also a fantastic abuser with 3 methods of stat boosting in one set, and most importantly capitalising on the presence of the ever common and threatening to this team so far, Talonflame. Toxicroak provides a great MU v stall, whilst helping to chip or break bulky waters and steels for the two aforementioned mons. It also provides a great water immunity: Darkvally was the last niche pick, but an equally devastating sweeper, while also helping to pressure pesky Ghost and Psy types. Last and most importantly was the screen setter themselves, Uxie. I went with uxie over Xatu for it’s better bulk, speed tier and access to memento, which can be a final nail in th coffin to setting up your wincon.

Overall I hope my good friend Keppy uses this team to go 30-0 for the suspect and enjoys his well earned and on time Xmas present

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Very late merry christmas to LordST !

The request was Dynamic punch + Blunder Policy Toxicroak and I found that screens were the best place for it since it lacked a consistent fighting move. Knock Off > Sucker is justified by the potential speed boost and can be handy for nuking Jellicent. Archeops gets rocks up and can keep them up with Taunt while Xatu sets screens. Ribombee and Omastar do a good job of taking advantage of Toxicroak's revenge killers such as Zen Headbutt Virizion and Talonflame respectively. Roost Ribombee gives it more breathing room while setting up QD. Ribombee has Boots just to be safe, but can probably get away with a resist berry or Pixie Plate with Archeops and Xatu being so reliable. Omastar does Omastar things with Meteor Beam and Weak Armor. Silvally-Dark I thought would be an interesting pick and somewhat justified not running Scrafty. It can still be rather powerful with Multi Attack and Iron Head down Fairy-types. Both Silvally-Dark and Omastar can bait Close Combat from Passimain to give Xatu easy screens, or just set up with Ribombee or Toxicroak. Hope you enjoy!

Hello! Late Merry Christmas to everyone and especially to the person I was paired with, BulbaBrain!

Anyway, the request was a specific set of Sand Force Dugtrio-Alola, and as such I decided to create a sand bulky offense team that can go along with it.

(steel)

Link: https://pokepast.es/a419ec51546cfae8

This is what I created. Dugtrio-A's entire set is what I started with, so I decided to pair it up with Gigalith's sand to make use of the ability and to power up its 100 Base Attack. As for the Gigalith set, it would have been nice to have the opportunity to put a Rocky Helmet on Gigalith to chip the U-turners in the tier, but at the end I decided it'd be too hard for Sandslash and Dugtrio to perform without a Smooth Rock (+ I really had no space to put physical investment, since I needed to check Zard, Guzzlord, Heliolisk & more without having reliable recovery). To make use of the Grass type defensively and to hit on the special side some threats such as Weezing, Sandaconda and more I decided to have Exeggutor-A as my next member. The set is pretty straight forward, with 128 Speed allowing it to outrun no speed investment Weezing and anything faster than it by one point, and the rest in bulk to be able to be my water resist (not a very sturdy one though, requires some prediction to defeat Arctovish and especially Ice Beam Lanturn, which I found out is really hard to switch into for this team, I suggest 180 Speed on Exegg-A if you fear this MU to atleast outrun and kill/force out non speed invested variants). Teleport is mostly because I didn't really think of a fourth move (Giga Drain really doesn't help, Sleep Powder I guess could give a free turn to s-o) and it sure feels nice to keep the Volt Turn core going and teleporting into Dug-A as SpDef Aromatisse switches in. Sandslash is an EdgeQuake Sand Rush sweeper that can take hits decently and can boost its speed with Rapid Spin (other than removing hazards for Golbat). Now start the problems. I needed a sturdy Virizion check, but I didn't want to play Weezing on this sort of team because it'd either be a huge momentum sap or just offensive (which I don't really think is too good, and still easy to chip for Zen Virizion). So I decided to try Golbat, who takes 44% from Life Orb Virizion's Stone Edge (keep rocks off the field if you want to win, this is why I have 2 hazard removers) and has Inner Focus to avoid Zen Headbutt 30% flinch rate hax (also because the reason why I liked Infiltrator on it because I was able to use Toxic through Sub, but in this case I had no room to run it). U-turn allows me to keep the pressure going and Taunt allows me to switch into Weezing (more or less if it's tbolt but I had it vs me 1 time only), Taunt it and U-turn out to avoid wisps on carries. At last Steelvally was nice as my last choice because of the resisted rocks damage, immunity to Sand, Defog (tbh I'd have had defog-less Silvally-Fire or something if I had Weezing instead of Golbat probably, atleast I'd not have to sack something to Will-O-Wisp/Sludge Bomb opposing Weezing), ability to switch into Articuno, being able to continue the volt-turn core and make it easier to Exe-A to eliminate threats by hindering them with Atk/SpA drops.

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Hi ManOfMany I really liked your Articuno suggestion, I tried to make two teams with it but I couldn't really find the right team for a fully offensive set. Physical Articuno was something I've personally wanted to try after getting Brave Bird and Triple Axel, but it can be changed to Freeze-Dry and Hurricane and the EVs/Nature changed accordingly.

Defensive Articuno Balance

This one was made before Roserade was banned so it features a super specially defensive Articuno along with a lot of other bulky mons. It can be a little passive, but the team functions really well. Boots Articuno is a great Defogger and does a great job of checking special mons like CM Virizion, Whimsicott, and the Hail setters. Silvally-Fairy acts as one of the Fighting checks since stuff like Passimian and Gallade can still threaten Articuno. You can also replace Surf with Defog and give Articuno U-turn if you'd like more VoltTurn on the team. Regirock and Vaporeon form a decent defensive core with Articuno, the former two continuing to help with Pokemon that Articuno struggles with like Aggron, Archeops, and Talonflame. Scarf Mesprit was added as a quick revenge killer as well as a way to heal up the rest on the team with Healing Wish. Nasty Plot Toxicroak takes the final spot as a sort of breaker since the team lacks a lot of offensive presence. It helps break through Fairies and adds an additional check to non-Zen Headbutt Virizion. Hope you like the team! It was super fun to test with.

(Also thanks to Twilight bc the SD Absol Webs team they made helped me get reqs for the Virizion suspect!)

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:ss/magmortar: :ss/virizion: :ss/regirock: :ss/weezing: :ss/togedemaru: :ss/silvally-fairy:
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/8660f76aee031c9f

Hey there Twilight, I have here your Specs Magmortar team that you wanted!

Magmortar is the start of the team and man oh mon does this thing hit hard! Standard moveset with Flamethrower for safer damage. Common switch-ins to Mag include stuff like Weezing, Lanturn, Gigalith, and Vaporeon among others. SD Virizion covers this really well. Stone Edge was the coverage move I chose for those annoying Fires like Skorch and Zard. Regirock is your standard rocker. Nothing special to see here. Weezing is your primary Viriz check and you could throw Will O in there somewhere, but I feel C-Gas was a nice addition to the moveset. Scarf Toge for your speed control and in tests that I did, it came in handy quite nicely. Lastly, Fairyvally rounds out the team as your hazard control + 2nd Viriz check. Rock Slide is decent coverage for it. I hope you enjoy it!

Shoutout to Bag of Trixx for helping me with this!​

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor

(click sprites for importable)

Hello Darkfire47 here I have your DPP team with Dragonair + Persian what did you want.

It is the first time that I do a team dpp team so I did the best I could, I started with a Glalie as Lead to have a pokemon that inserts hazards in the rival field and that can take a possible kill with explosion, As the second pokemon we have Murkrow a very good pokemon that provides speed and a good coverage with its moveset being able to hit almost anything in the metagame, then this one of the pokemon that you asked for in the core this set is very basic with Fake out and Double Edge as Stab moves that do good damage with Silk Scarf as an object, Water pulse for coverage against pokemon like Rhydon and U-turn to gain momentum, Victreebel As a response to pokemon like Mantine or Relicanth that can also serve as a swepper with SD this set can be Also changed for a Special set with Life Orb if you want more coverage for the special part, Then Dragonair that little to say is a Late Game or Setup Swepper with DD Outrage Extreme Speed and Aqua Tail that can also be changed by EQ, and as the last pokemon Misdreavus a response to Purugly one of the most dominant pokemon in the tier and a ground immunity that can make swepper for the special part, that's all I can say about my first team in dpp I hope you enjoy it!

-Raahel.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi Rav3ndan I have your SD Gallade request!
:Charizard::Gallade::Vaporeon::Sandaconda::Whimsicott::Togedemaru:
Not a super complicated team but I think it's extremely fun and I hope you find it that way as well. SD Gallade does the main breaking with Wish+Flip Turn support because it frequently gets pretty low KOing things. DD Zard is a silly wincon that puts in insane work because Scarf Toge/Passimian have become your main sources of Speed control, the team is all about setting him up. Conda is around to wall things, Whimsicott checks most of the tier and Defogs and can Knock Talonflame for Gallade, and Toge is Toge. It mostly functions by pivoting in Gallade to hit buttons which seemed like the spirit of the request. SD Gallade is extremely awkward, it misses out on a lot of KOs you want which is why this is much more about just chipping specific things for something like Zard rather than looking at it to really break teams down on its own. Enjoy!

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
https://pokepast.es/889d280d9f149ca3

:Heliolisk: :Archeops: :Ribombee: :Togedemaru: :Virizion: :Froslass:

Hi UberSkitty here's your team with only base 90 Speed mons or over. :blobthinking: Luckily we have a lot of good fast pokemon so it wasn't tough finding some with good type synergy. The trickier part was finding enough power to break through bulkier teams but I was able to do that by stacking setup users and using pokemon like Archeops and Specs Heliolisk. Togedemaru was also added for the slim amount of defensive utility that would otherwise be completely lacking on a team like this. The team is pretty much straightforward offense that relies on momentum and setup moves. Virizion, Archeops, and Heliolisk all wear down each others checks and counters so you shouldn't have too much trouble. Froslass is the obligatory Spiker, but honestly Spikes aren't that useful and its better off to just click Poltergeist most of the time (maybe make it CB tbh).

EDIT: ok I realize now this just drops to Talonflame but what are you gonna do with the restrictions

Last edited:
2xTheTap This was a tricky team to make, but I think I made good headway into making a competitive team that has a strong fighting type backed up by a strong future sight mon. It won't be winning any tournaments, but it was fun to make, and is fun to play!

I started the team by finding out the core, and was immediately drawn to Passimian. Not only is Passimian blessed with a great movepool, but it also hits extremely hard and is very fast under a choice scarf. Futhermore, one of Passimians greatest checks (Weezing) is hit very hard by the close combat into future sight combo that the team brings.

Next I looked at the two best future sight mons in the tier: Mesprit and Xatu. Xatu is incredible on this team, as it fires off strong future sights. It also uses slow teleports to get Passimian and your other breakers in. Magic bounce is secondary in importance, as a lot of rockers can hit it hard on the switch, but it does allow you to make some interesting mindgames with defensive mons and hazard setters.

Mesprit is also great on this team, as it also uses strong future sights but can set up rocks as well. In addition, it also uses slow u turns to bring in breakers. It basically is a secondary Xatu and adds redundancy to the team to ensure the team functions if you lose one of its core mons. It does suffer from a bit of 4 moveslot syndrome, as it wants to run stealth rocks, u turn, ice beam, psychic, and future sight, but can't run all of them. Generally I drop psychic, but its really up to you and your preferences. Also it runs no item to beat poltergeist mons and soften the blow from knock off users.

Next we have Assault Vest Lanturn. Lanturn is truly underrated and makes for a huge stop to a lot of special attackers in the tier such as Galvantula, Jolteon, Vaporeon and more. It also checks several more key mons such as Talonflame and Archeops (although you have to watch out for earthquake from Archeops on the switch). Lanturn is great glue for the team as it shores up a lot of weaknesses, adds an electric immunity, and provides a great move in volt switch.

The next mon that I wanted to add to the team is Silvally Poison. Not only is it a great toxic spikes absorber, but it is a strong Virizion check that provides utility in defog, knock off absorption and parting shot, but it also is a good well rounded mon with offensive presence and bulk. Parting shot is also great for getting setup opportunities for the next mon I wanted to add, Scrafty.

Scrafty is honestly great, as it can use its good bulk to be able to set up dragon dances and sweep. Do not bring Scrafty in on offensive mons, it does its best work setting up dragon dances on defensive or parting shot mons. After two dragon dances it basically beats everything in the tier bar Talonflame. While getting two dragon dances off might seem like magical christmas land, it happens fairly often, as it can often set up a dragon dance while an opponent switches out and survive a status move with its lum berry on the mon that switches in. You can choose to run poison jab over rock slide on Scrafty, but I have found rock slide has more utility in general.

The team is fairly competitive, but unfortunately it probably won't be winning any tournaments. While future sight into a fighting move is generally strong, it does get kneecapped by two notable mons: Sableye and Spiritomb, which are key threats to the team. If I were to improve the team further, I would add some speed control, but slots on the team are tight and I haven't had a noticeable problem with opposing speedy mons that I've seen while testing. I apologize for taking a bit to submit the team, but I wanted it to be just right! Have fun!

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Roost
- Teleport
- Heat Wave

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 172 SpA / 136 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Volt Switch

Mesprit
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Future Sight
- Stealth Rock

Silvally-Poison @ Poison Memory
Ability: RKS System
Naive Nature
- Surf
- Multi-Attack
- Parting Shot
- Defog

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Dance

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Hey gum sorry for the delay but here is your Secret Santa request!
:ss/braviary::ss/exeggutor-alola::ss/vaporeon::ss/golbat::ss/stunfisk-galar::ss/mesprit:

The request here was Roost 3 Attacks Braviary + Eggy Alola and if I'm honest it was quite a difficult task to build something coherent. The problem being Braviary doesn't really provide much defensively as most grounds can stall out or just beat it and it really can't switch in safely on any of our grasses besides Tsareena maybe. The only thing it can do decently is hit pretty hard and bait in bulky stuff for Eggy to nuke. If I'm being real the slot could probably be better served with Archeops or Talonflame but nevertheless we will try. At the suggestion of tlenit (:heart:) I decided to go with a bulkier spread on Braviary to make its main role on this team of bringing in Eggy safely easier. I decided to go with Specs>TR on Eggy because TR really struggles to do much in current meta as there are a lot of things that are just bulky enough to stop sweeps relatively easily. Specs can make a lot more progress just nuking things and finds a lot of opportunities to do so on the likes of Vaporeon, Palo, Regirock, etc. Timid is here because there are a lot of mons creeping to 200 right now to outspeed the likes of Aggron, Guzzlord, opposing Eggy, Rhydon, Vikavolt and so on. Modest is perfectly valid here though and is more of a personal preference thing as the drop in power is definitely noticeable. From here I tried to construct a defensive core that could cover as much as possible to try and make up for the offensive core's lack of defensive utility. Phys Def Vapo can check most offensive flying, fire, and water mons and provides great Wish and cleric support for Eggy and Braviary. Golbat covers many of the things that can scare Vaporeon like Virizion, Croak, and other fighting types. Gfisk was added in the rocker slot to patch up the glaring electric weakness as well as an important psychic resist. Thunder Wave can be very useful for enabling the relatively slow offensive core the team has. Scarf Mesprit rounds out the team providing a secondary fighting resist and speed control for threats that can get out of control like Viriz, Arch, and DD Scrafty. Trick is here over Hwish or coverage as Hwish never felt like it was very useful for eggy or brav and Trick can aid in breaking down fatter teams.

• 4th move on Eggy is pretty free for whatever. I decided on Dragon Pulse> Giga Drain as i found there were more situations where Dragon STAB was more useful than grass for when you can't afford to drop SpA. However the ability to get recovery is very helpful on a mon like Eggy which is vulnerable to hazards and random Scald burns. Teleport is also an interesting option I played with for slow pivot, but there are honestly so few situations where you wouldn't want to click an attack that it was virtually useless.
  • I couldn't decide on Golbat's last move. U-turn is good for safely bringing in Eggy on all the mons that Bat hates. However without Toxic the defensive core struggles to do anything but just sit there living. Taunt is also a decent option which aids the team vs fat which can potentially weather the storm of Specs Eggy.
  • The last two slots can be messed with a bit. One alternative is Scarf Toge > Gfisk as a budget electric immune and psychic resist while also giving a real Freeze Dry resist. This frees up the Mesprit slot to be something which could potentially stallbreaker better or add something to stop some problem mons like Magmortar. I tried a few options but ultimately found the Gfisk Mesprit combo to be the most consistent as the team really needs something that can check electrics long term.

Hope you enjoy! :blobwizard:

Hey Antares !

Here's your Secret Santa team this year!

Disclaimer: I know nothing about building SwSh, but I tried anyway C:

You requested a team with Specs Alcremie, and I (hopefully) delivered! Here's the team:

Alcremie (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- Parting Shot
- Flame Charge

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Scald
- Flip Turn

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn

Archeops @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

The team is a classic volt-turn spam team designed to bring in Alcremie whenever possible to break holes in the opposing team. Mesprit acts as stealth rock support that can also pivot and soften threats with its offensive set. It can also take hits in a pinch. Silvally-Dragon is another offensive pivot that acts as hazard control whilst checking many key threats for the team. Passimian and Archeops act as speed control, helping the team deal with fast offensive threats. Finally, Vaporeon acts as glue to hold everything together, bringing threats in itself with flip turn while also providing essential wish support to Pokemon such as Silvally Dragon.

Hope you enjoy! :blobthumbsup:

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
Heyo Specs i'm sorry for coming out late, ngl i forgot to post the team LMAO
anyways happy belated santa dude ^^
You requested for offensive druddigon which is quite a fun mon.
This:
:druddigon: :vaporeon: :silvally-fairy: :talonflame: :gigalith: :passimian:
would be the team i made for you! It's a pretty good volturn i had fun with using. You have strong checks for pretty much every threat of the current metagame. Little things to note would be that you can change drudd to sucker if you want some strong prior on the team and outrage to scale shot for a cool situational wincon. (What worked the best to me was scale shot+fire punch).
I hope you enjoy it ^^.

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Heyo Specs i'm sorry for coming out late, ngl i forgot to post the team LMAO
anyways happy belated santa dude ^^
You requested for offensive druddigon which is quite a fun mon.
This:
:druddigon: :vaporeon: :silvally-fairy: :talonflame: :gigalith: :passimian:
would be the team i made for you! It's a pretty good volturn i had fun with using. You have strong checks for pretty much every threat of the current metagame. Little things to note would be that you can change drudd to sucker if you want some strong prior on the team and outrage to scale shot for a cool situational wincon. (What worked the best to me was scale shot+fire punch).
I hope you enjoy it ^^.
Cant wait to test it out, thanks a lot! And the wait was well worth it once I saw who made it :pimp:

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
ptf.png

hi Xephyrr i did my best.
you asked for scyther & archeops, ideally with HDB, and honestly i had a hard time getting it to work. scyther and archeops both play best on the same kind of pivot heavy voltturn teams, but i typically only use one or the other since they largely accomplish the same thing. by compounding various weaknesses (notably rock and ice) i felt like i was largely limited to blanket checks to compensate for the lack of defensive/general utility the two had between them.

anyway, i eventually ended up with this
:ss/archeops::ss/scyther::ss/exeggutor-alola::ss/togedemaru::ss/piloswine::ss/jellicent:

double pivot core which seemed to be what you wanted, with exeggutor-alola in the back to take advantage of all the bulky physdef mons they invite in. piloswine and jellicent act as a blanket defensive core with piloswine also providing a little extra speed control through priority. i went with itemless on jellicent so it'd be a reliable answer to physical froslass variants (blocking poltergeist) and gave it enough speed to creep adamant aggron. togedemaru rounds out the team by pressuring a lot of the things that offensively pressure the offensive core, such as hail, lycanroc, ribombee, whimsicott, sneasel etc.
the team ended up more ok than i expected, although there are some notable problems with it; abomasnow practically 6-0s, as rare as it is, and virizion can claim a kill more often than not if it's a stone edge variant because scyther being slower than it is actually really painful and you need a substantial amount of chip for ice shard to knock it out. it's doable (unlike abomasnow tbh) but it's not a good spot to be in.

after i made that, i decided to make a bootsless HO too (with a lot of help from tlenit, thanks bud) because i figured it'd be the best way to avoid the weakness stacking.

:ss/archeops::ss/scyther::ss/cryogonal::ss/xatu::ss/qwilfish::ss/aromatisse:
suicide archeops almost always leads and just taunts, rocks, and spreads damage with head smash/endeavor until it dies. head smash should be used at low health to take archeops to 0% and prevent spinners. the additional HP is for opposing archeops suicide leads (which i did see multiple times in testing, hence the change); if you happen to hit head smash twice without taking any damage yourself you'll still be above the 50% cutoff range for defeatist. beyond that it's pretty simple; cryogonal sets up screens and can either be preserved for later or used with explosion to prevent defog and generate free momentum, the other 4 mons just set up on things and have pretty reasonable offensive synergy. i found that you can actually catch a lot of people off guard with this team, because a lot of the pokemon involved (cryogonal, xatu, qwilfish) are not typically associated with HO but more with fat defensive teams. one last thing worth mentioning; if the opponent clicks defog on your xatu, screens remain on the field. just a nifty tip.
in truth, this team would be better off with something like silvally-ground or silvally-dragon that could take advantage of electric-types (notably scarf togedemaru which is a real pain for this team) instead of scyther, but i did my best with the core provided and i'm pretty happy with the result based off results in both ladder and in friendlies.

have a happy february!

spatula

I LOVE CHIPFLAVOUR
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi sovietsympathizer, I finally have your team. Sorry about the wait. Thanks gum for help on both teams!

:gigalith: :ferroseed:
You requested a core around Gigalith + Ferroseed - what's great about these two pokemon is that they have a lot of utility between them and can serve as blanket special/physical checks for a large portion of the meta.

The first thing I did was add Heliolisk, as it can threaten most spike-immune mons like Talonflame and Braviary. The problem with Gigalith/Ferroseed/Heliolisk is that they are all weak to fighting, so I added Talonflame as my fighting resist - perfect for this team as it's a U-turn user. For the last two slots, I wanted to include hazard removal, an extra breaker, and some speed control. I also wanted an extra fighting resist, as you can never really be safe when one of Passimian, Scrafty, Hitmontop, or probably 5 more mons that I'm forgetting are on pretty much every team. For my breaker, I added band Passimian. Weezing was also added as a fighting resist which can set tspikes, which is perfect on a hazard stacking team like this. The problem was that there was no hazard removal and spinblocking (which is important for hazard stacking teams), so I ended up replacing Heliolisk with Rotom, which provides Defog + speed control + another short-term flying resist. I have also included a version with Heliolisk, which uses Scarf Passimian as speed control and Swords Dance Silvally-Ghost as a breaker and potential win condition with Flame Charge. The downside of this team is there is no hazard control. I have tested both teams out and they both feel very easy to use. It's hard to go wrong with voltturn+hazards, which both teams have plenty of. Hope you enjoy!

Version with Rotom/Weezing - https://pokepast.es/a0f3a83bc38a6f48
:gigalith: :ferroseed: :rotom: :talonflame: :passimian: :weezing:

Version with Heliolisk/Silvally-Ghost - https://pokepast.es/112142378cc0feaf
:gigalith: :ferroseed: :talonflame: :heliolisk: :passimian: :silvally-ghost:

Hi sovietsympathizer, I finally have your team. Sorry about the wait. Thanks gum for help on both teams!

:gigalith: :ferroseed:
You requested a core around Gigalith + Ferroseed - what's great about these two pokemon is that they have a lot of utility between them and can serve as blanket special/physical checks for a large portion of the meta.

The first thing I did was add Heliolisk, as it can threaten most spike-immune mons like Talonflame and Braviary. The problem with Gigalith/Ferroseed/Heliolisk is that they are all weak to fighting, so I added Talonflame as my fighting resist - perfect for this team as it's a U-turn user. For the last two slots, I wanted to include hazard removal, an extra breaker, and some speed control. I also wanted an extra fighting resist, as you can never really be safe when one of Passimian, Scrafty, Hitmontop, or probably 5 more mons that I'm forgetting are on pretty much every team. For my breaker, I added band Passimian. Weezing was also added as a fighting resist which can set tspikes, which is perfect on a hazard stacking team like this. The problem was that there was no hazard removal and spinblocking (which is important for hazard stacking teams), so I ended up replacing Heliolisk with Rotom, which provides Defog + speed control + another short-term flying resist. I have also included a version with Heliolisk, which uses Scarf Passimian as speed control and Swords Dance Silvally-Ghost as a breaker and potential win condition with Flame Charge. The downside of this team is there is no hazard control. I have tested both teams out and they both feel very easy to use. It's hard to go wrong with voltturn+hazards, which both teams have plenty of. Hope you enjoy!

Version with Rotom/Weezing - https://pokepast.es/a0f3a83bc38a6f48
:gigalith: :ferroseed: :rotom: :talonflame: :passimian: :weezing:

Version with Heliolisk/Silvally-Ghost - https://pokepast.es/112142378cc0feaf
:gigalith: :ferroseed: :talonflame: :heliolisk: :passimian: :silvally-ghost:
Looks awesome, this was well worth the wait! :blobuwu:

Antares

turtwig knight
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
avarice Secret Santa
glace.png

:vanilluxe: this was the requested set for the team. I thought to build a hail arctovish team, but gave up the idea, cuz vanilluxe's hail without Icy Rock to hard to exploit.
:passimian: with vanilluxe, I have chosen a passimian who is able to break rock and steel mons like steelvally, and uturn to bring vanilluxe safely.
:magmortar: A Pokemon able to switch on steel and fairy moves, who can deal some damages. With hdb and teleport, he can switch on some moves and pivot. With Teleport, he can bring freeze dry taunt vanilluxe against bulky water mons
:silvally-ground: Groundvally is here to block volt switch user, he is able to deal with poison types like poisonvally or garbo. He is the defogger of the team and is also a pivot.
:uxie: A great switchin for fight types, a great sr setter and also another one pivot (yeah again), and also an important ground immunity.
:vaporeon: A nice Fire Switchin, a welcome cleric for the team. Flip turn can be played if you think 4 pivot isnt enough. Toxic is also an option if u hate not being able to do anything against the comings of Heliolisk.

⇦ Paste here ⇦
I have to quickly thank Prof.Otaku and zS for their suggestions

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey, zS, I was tasked with building your team with this Rotom-F set:

:Rotom-Frost:
Rotom-Frost @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Nasty Plot
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt

I almost always prefer Volt Switch + some utility, TrickScarf / Defog / Wisp, etc. over Protect, but Protect does have some benefit, as it allows you to scout choice-locked Pokemon like Passimian coming in to RKO Rotom-F (allowing you to stay in on U-turn or pivot to Palossand as needed), cause HJK crashes from Tsareena / Hitmonlee, and rack up Toxic damage, so I built with these possible plays in mind. There weren't too many workable configurations with Rotom-F that do not use Guzzlord, Togedemaru, or one of Charizard/Talonflame, but I included everything I came up with - you should test to see which one you like best. Hope you enjoy!
:ss/rotom-f::ss/guzzlord::ss/toxicroak::ss/palossand::ss/togedemaru::ss/charizard:(click the sprites for your team)

This team is focused on whittling down barriers to NP Rotom-F breaking, especially Togedemaru and Lanturn (but also Magneton, Piloswine, and other Rotom-F to a lesser extent). To start, I added Palossand as a partner for taking on Togedemaru and for pressuring Lanturn. Its EV spread lets it live the 2HKO from 0 SpA Lanturn Scald, as well as the OHKO from Specs Heliolisk's Surf, which enables Palossand to better serve as a volt stop:

:Lanturn: 0 SpA Lanturn Scald vs. 248 HP / 92 SpD Palossand: 156-186 (41.8 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
:Heliolisk: 252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Surf vs. 248 HP / 92 SpD Palossand: 294-346 (78.8 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(still watch out for Grass Knot, but Guzzlord and Togedemaru handle that fine)

A burn from Palossand's Scorching Sands can whittle Lanturn down and force it to eat up its Heal Bell PP, which can be beneficial, because with Togedemaru's and Charizard's Toxic factored in, Lanturn may run out of Heal Bell PP eventually. Palossand can optionally use Kasib Berry over Colbur Berry for better protection from NP Toxicroak's Shadow Ball and Rotom's Shadow Ball (again, letting Palossand work as a volt stop more effectively), and for reducing Poltergeist damage and then causing Palossand to be immune to subsequent Poltergeist uses. Having said that however, I still stuck with Colbur on Palossand for Passimian mainly. Toxicroak is also here to pressure Lanturn and is especially easy to pivot to if you predict Scald or Toxic coming from Lanturn, which is a good way to keep Rotom-F and Toxicroak healthy. You can run with pretty much any Toxicroak set here, but SD Drain Punch was used here for checking SpDef Vaporeon and Lanturn especially. Ice Punch is an optional tech I included for pressuring Palossand without worrying about using up its Colbur Berry first, but any sort of Toxicroak set you want to use here will do the job (+2 LO Ice Punch does a minimum of 66%, so just get some small amount of chip on Palossand first):

:Palossand: +2 248 Atk Life Orb Toxicroak Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Palossand: 250-294 (66.8 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Togedemaru and Guzzlord really patch up a lot of Toxicroak's weaknesses and are effective at either bringing in or breaking Rotom-F's defensive answers. Past that, they're pretty self-explanatory additions to the team. At this point in the building process, I had 3 Fighting weaknesses and no removal, so the last slot went to SpDef Mystical Fire Defog Charizard: it is run faster than base 95s, but you can drop the Speed so that it's faster than 252+ Toxicroak, too, for a bit of extra bulk. Charizard can situationally take on Lanturn when it's at -1, depending on Lanturn's set and spread:

:Lanturn: -1 0 SpA Lanturn Scald vs. 248 HP / 44 SpD Charizard: 102-120 (28.4 - 33.4%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
-1 0 SpA Lanturn Volt Switch vs. 248 HP / 44 SpD Charizard: 86-104 (23.9 - 28.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 4HKO

I did also like changing up the sets here and playing with NP Toxicroak and Defog Talonflame over Charizard when I was testing (that team below!), but Mystical Fire is really the draw of this set. If somehow Guzzlord and Togedemaru are down and you come across a Stored Power user like Xatu or Claydol, Mystical Fire saves you against those and you can run them out of PP in most cases. Even if Xatu is maxed out on defensive boosts, 300 BP Stored Power still only does ~25% to this Charizard with full SpA drops, depending on Xatu's nature and spread.

Alternate Versions:

:Rotom-Frost::Guzzlord::Qwilfish::Palossand::Togedemaru::Charizard:
Qwilfish's Throat Chop hits Jellicent harder than its other moves, but more importantly, it prevents Vaporeon's and Lanturn's Heal Bell from healing off any poison status inflicted by Toxic Spikes. Explosion OHKOes Toxicroak with SR (or one round of LO recoil) and lets Qwilfish avoid slower Rapid Spin or Defog. Rotom-F then capitalizes on Toxic Spikes and Charizard's Toxic via Protect. Encore Togedemaru locks your opponent into unfavorable plays while Toxic eats away at them, and Guzzlord picks up Beast Boost boosts more easily once foes have been whittled down by poison damage. I originally had SD Scale Shot Qwilfish here (a tlenit set from an earlier meta), but Toxic Spikes has really been great. The Qwilfish set is negotiable, but as long as it has a way to avoid removal, be it Taunt or Explosion, whatever works.

:Rotom-Frost::Druddigon::Golbat::Jellicent::Togedemaru::Aromatisse:
This one was pretty fun to build, but it unfortunately doesn't make use of your Protect Rotom-F. When you use a faster option for hazard removal like Defog Rotom-F, this opens up the way to build bulky balance that includes Golbat. Eviolite Golbat is so so good, never let anyone tell you otherwise. It just doesn't have the best match-up against most SR users, and at the same time, it really needs SR off the field for it to truly be considered a defensive answer to Virizion (hence teams that run Eviolite Golbat often have a secondary option for removal or Xatu as support). But, on the other hand, it being so bad against the usual SR setters gives you plenty of opportunities to double to Specs Jellicent to break something. Specs Energy Ball in particular is really useful for sniping physically defensive Vaporeon and standard Lanturn for its teammates. You can use Hydro Pump over Dazzling Gleam (or Shadow Ball over Hex), but Dazzling Gleam is for breaking Guzzlord on the switch so that you don't have to risk 50/50s against that with Aromatisse. Druddigon, Rotom-F, and Golbat all spread status together, which then boosts Jellicent's damage output with Hex. Aromatisse rounds out the team by keeping everyone alive and happy, while Togedemaru is there to RKO scary boosters like +2 Omastar, in case that's found an opportunity to Shell Smash. Mold Breaker SR Druddigon is great against those Xatu screens teams that people have been spamming on ladder, and it's designed to get SR up no matter what while also phazing anything that has boosted up. Encore Togedemaru has been similarly useful in this capacity and acts as an emergency stop to the opponent setting up and sweeping.

:Rotom-Frost::Guzzlord::Weezing::Jellicent::Stunfisk-Galar::Silvally-Fairy:
Another one of those teams that has 3 Fighting weaknesses + 3 Fighting checks; Silvally-Fairy + Weezing + Jellicent work together to answer Toxicroak, Virizion, and Passimian. Weezing is running Payapa Berry (Psychic resist berry) and Clear Smog for taking on SD Zen Headbutt Virizion (and Gallade too, but this is way less common); other Weezing sets are fine though if you prefer something else. Stunfisk-Galar is fairly uncommon in this meta, but Snap Trap + Earthquake SpDef Stunfisk-G is amazing for trapping standard Lanturn, and once it's been KOed, Rotom-F can then clean against offense or sweep against more defensive teams (thanks to TrickScarf + NP). Also consider Rock Slide on Silvally-Fairy, even if it means replacing Thunder Wave, for coverage against Charizard and Talonflame.

:Rotom-Frost::Miltank::Toxicroak::Palossand::Togedemaru::Altaria:
This build tackles the Lanturn problem a bit differently and uses Super Fang Togedemaru to bring it to half HP so that NP Rotom-F can break through. If you missplay and Rotom-F inadvertently takes Toxic or a Scald burn from Lanturn, then Miltank is there to remove status. Miltank is also one of the only resists to CB Froslass, which is a cool anti-meta breaker I keep forgetting to prep for (it looks especially good against teams with Guzzlord as their go-to Ghost resist). PerishTrap Altaria lets you trap defensive Pokemon that would otherwise prevent Togedemaru from cleaning up late-game.

:Rotom-Frost::Guzzlord::Toxicroak::Palossand::Togedemaru::Talonflame:
This is basically a variation of the first build with Talonflame over Charizard for an extra check to Stone Edge Virizion. Really scout Virizion first before doing anything - ZHB variants can be handled defensively by Talonflame, while sets with Stone Edge can be checked offensively by Toxicroak. U-turn Talonflame is great for chipping Lanturn while bringing in all those passive SR setters that some combination of Rotom-F, Toxicroak, Guzzlord, and Palossand beat with ease (ex. Regirock, Palossand, Gigalith, etc.). I again went with a different Rotom-F set (sorry!), but for a good reason: swapping the scarf slot with Togedemaru gives you the option to run SpDef Togedemaru, which takes on Psychic- and Ice-types much more competently and is just really a pain to try and break. And no, its base 65 HP Wishpass isn't for Guzzlord, it's for itself more than anything lol. I also greatly prefer NP Toxicroak over SD for its ability to break through most of the defensive checks to SD Toxicroak, like Weezing and Palossand.

:Rotom-Frost::Guzzlord::Poliwrath::Trevenant::Stunfisk-Galar::Talonflame:
The Pokepaste site died so it's back to Pastebin for now, I guess. This team is pretty cool though and uses an anti-meta breaker in CB Trevenant. Everyone continues to forget their Ghost resist, which makes Poltergeist incredibly easy to click anytime Trevenant has been given switch-in initiative. Trevenant switches into anything defensive Lanturn can do and heals off Scald burn or Toxic for free with Natural Cure. Like the other team above, Stunfisk-G is there to trap Lanturn and hard counter Togedemaru for your Rotom-F. With my Flying resists here being weak to Archeops, Charizard, and Talonflame (basically the most common ones, rip), and Guzzlord being chipped heavily by the Fire-types that it's supposed to check (namely Charizard and Magmortar), Scarf Poliwrath made a lot of sense here as offensive glue. A quick note: Guzzlord is using some Speed together with Dragon Tail, enough for uninvested base 50s, so that its Dragon Tail hits before Druddigon's.

Last edited:
Hey spatulakun here's a team around scrafty for you:

https://pokepast.es/dd623b5003923206 (water absorb lanturn is an alternative if you are really concerned about Arctovish, I think I had a reason for volt absorb but I forgot it :x currently seems like it may be the better option to have water absorb)

Details:
First off, sorry for the Delay! I am quite the lazy builder and in a couple of tours right now and Initially I planned to do some more teams around Scrafty variations but I was never fully satisfied with the results until now. And I built this team one or two weeks prior to this posting, so I hope I can describe the thought process adequately and I hope I have not forgotten too much. Anyway, lets get into it! I started off with Bulk Up Scrafty which looked to be the most consistent of all sets and acts as our win condition. Hazard Control and Fighting Answers for Gallade, Passimian and Toxicroak is appreciated (also being a Lycanroc Switch-In is useful for the team), therefore Palossand is a decent pick complementing Scrafty, also providing a volt immunity and improving the match up against opposing Aggrons. I was not fully satisfied with the match up against the likes of Omastar and Magmortar or Magneton (or even Charizard) also seemed really scary, plus Lanturn makes for a great pivot, thus I added it as a pivot. It also gives a bit more freedom to outplay the dragons, which are quite scary and seem to always be - you know Drampa, Exeggutor and Guzzlord (assuming special) and don't forget the more rare Turtonator. Speaking of which, Aromatisse adds a very appreciated dragon immunity, provides wish support for Lanturn and also further aids in dealing with fighting types, like Virizion (and we don't want to lose to opposing Scrafty), also deals with Absol although Iron Tail sure is scary and in case of Poliwrath or Leaf Blade Gallade, we got those covered too. So remember I said Aromatisse is there for Virizion? And that the team appreciates the almost obligatory hazard control? Yeah so CM Virizion still gave me a chill down my spine and I had no defogger and Centiskorch looked scary as well, regardless of it's set. Talonflame fitted the requirements nicely and makes for another pivot and a pseudo speed control, since the team was quite slow as well. Lastly, Aggron makes for another Centiskorch (or offensive Talonflame-, as Lanturn tends to get overloaded quite quickly) Check, it is able to abuse Dragons after a Draco Drop and it appreciates the generated Momentum from Talonflame/Lanturn. Most importantly, it synergizes excellently with scrafty, not only being two mons which are obliterated from fighting types, in a meta full of strong fighting types (s/o NU) but jokes aside, Aggron is capable of pressuring and abusing one of Scrafty's few naturally enemies - fairies. Hope you like it and feel free to give feedback:blobthumbsup: Edit: may be adding some late builts after but I cant promise anything

Brandon

My flop era is lowkey serving
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
PlusC I am sorry about the delay, but here is what I've come up with!
:omastar:
Omastar @ Power Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Meteor Beam

Let me just say that while I love shell smash omastar, I feel like it is very awkward in teambuilding for most team archetypes as seen by this team that I find to be a flop, but I did come up with a couple of screens teams that it works fine on (thanks gum and avarice for the help!) Both teams do have the same four 'mon core, but I made a version in case Virizion does happen to get the chop. The premise of both teams is to abuse the screens for setting up whatever will help break the enemy team the quickest. Uxie is the crux of the function of the team giving hazards and screens. The added functionality of memento allows any setup sweeper an even easier opportunity to setup. Omastar takes advantage of screens to both setup and potentially live hits it wouldn't after a shell smash. I decided to go with meteor beam and weak armor to give it a nuke and weak armor would let it outspeed things it might not otherwise but you could easily change to earth power w/ the white herb if you're not a fan of this set. The xatu set is the most reliable cleaner behind screens and it takes advantage of any momentum given to it. It's just a fun set in general. I put in talonflame for some speed control and it can also take advantage of screens to set up on its own.

:uxie: :omastar: :xatu: :talonflame: :silvally-ghost: :virizion:
Virizion pairs nicely with omastar because they cover each other's weaknesses fairly well and I felt like it would be remiss of me to not build with it while I can. I went with SD but you could easily try the set cm/stone edge with blunder policy since it is with screens. You could always swap stone edge with zen headbutt if you find that to be better, but I felt especially talonflame was a good enough reason to run stone edge. You can also opt for LO or another item on viriz it is pretty flexible. Silvally ghost is another great sweeper that can capitalize on the lack of ghosts resists and defensive mons that rely on status to stop threats.

:omastar: :xatu: :uxie: :talonflame: :toxicroak: :absol:
This team trades virizion and silvally for more priority and a little bit of slower breakers. Toxicroak has good stabs with great synergy and adds a water immunity to help deal with bulky waters like virizion did. Absol also has a very spammable STAB typing and has a strong sucker punch to help pick off weakened threats.

I hope that you enjoy them!

ishtar

your affection
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
PU Leader
Hi Lennart! Apologies for taking so long w the creation of this team, i was selected to take part in a very secret government job that ended up turning into a huge battlefield of pain and endurance, job which requires a lot of mental fortitude and has made me age significantly, not unlike the feeling youll induce upon your opponents when utilizing this team I have carefully designed for you. You asked for a Gallade team, and I am happy to finally show you what Ive created, straight from the trenches. Happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:whimsicott: :talonflame: :sneasel: :regirock: :gallade: :togedemaru:

The team is quite easy to understand, you wanna utilize whimsi and gallade to break early for Sneasel. The general speed of the team allows you to utilize ez momentum for Gallade to bop some mfs. I kinda hate how easily it is forced out, but the pivoting tools that the team provides allows you to be the one forcing out the switch ins everytime it comes in. Just make sure to bop em quick. Switcheroo from Whimsi lets u find good setup opportunities for your setup breakers as disrupting bulkier teams that might otherwise easily wear down this offensive team. One of the teams main weaknesses was Scrafty, but you can generally keep an offensive pressure vs it and even beat it with a healthy Regi thanks to ID. The set is p neat and even effective at really bopping more offensive oriented teams that cant switch into BP safely. The team can also struggle a bit with Heliolisk, but once again I believe that the team, also thanks to Lighting Rod Toge, can withstand its evil assault. You can change the Gallade to LO, but at +2 youre always bopping whatever and I wanted extra setup chances vs. bulky waters with it which in return really help Sneasel late game.

:whimsicott: :talonflame: :frosmoth: :regirock: :gallade: :togedemaru:

This is another version w the Moth. Moth is still p scary since our steels suck and I think its p slept on, this team just allows u to weaken those steels w whimsi and p much do the same but w a breaker that can just sort of win u games at a certain point in a match. Ice Scales also gives u a lot of epic setup opportunities vs random special breakers alongside Sub.

Hope u enjoy your tems and ty gum for helping me out w these a bit. Again srry for the wait, these teams should remain fairly viable after a possible Viriz ban, so I hope they prove to be enjoyable and viable for a long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)