The Kingdom Hearts Thread

Talk about anything KH related here. Talk about how easy/hard you found Sephiroth in either fight, how horrificly depressing 358/2 days was, how much of a better voice actor Chikao Otsuka was for Xehanort over Leonard Nimoy, how much ass Christopher Lee kicks, your impressions of Re:Coded, your favorite / most hated boss fight, your favorite theme, etc. etc.

EDIT: Also feel free to discuss what might happen in KHIII.

gotta disagree with you on Leonard Nimoy. that man has a fantastic voice.

i've only played the console games and part of Chain of Memories. the DS spinoffs never really appealed to me, but from what I've seen and heard from people about Birth By Sleep it seems really good. is there going to be another main series console game coming soon for ps3/wii/360 anytime soon?

No, but apparently the 3DS is getting one.

Anyway I love this series, although I've only played 358/2 Days and Chain Of Memories. Planning on getting Re:Coded, is it any good?

Kingdom Hearts III won't be coming out for a while as the production team is currently divided working on spinoffs, but Tetsuya Nomura has confirmed that it will eventually get made.

And I personally felt Chikao's voice fit Xehanort better. (I wasn't saying Nimoy is a bad voice actor.)

I lost interest in Kingdom Hearts after KH2. KH2 wasn't as good story wise and uh, gameplay wasn't necessarily improved. I mean, I was obsessed with the series around that time.

358/2 was pathetic, though. Gameplay was too pathetic to go on to just to progress the story. I had recently played through the first game, and I remembered why I liked it so much, but the Days just lacked something, I dunno. Probably the fun factor.

I might have to borrow a friends PSP just to play BBS, I heard it's actually good, but I'll wait before I make a decision.

Only played KH1 but I thought it was pretty good. I meant to check out KH2 eventually but never got around to it/lost interest. Sephiroth was easy if you were leveled high enough and had good items.

Kingdom Hearts III won't be coming out for a while as the production team is currently divided working on spinoffs, but Tetsuya Nomura has confirmed that it will eventually get made.
sweet! maybe now that Disney owns Marvel maybe we'll see something Avengers related?

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
The story isn't amazing, but the gameplay is pretty good. Gameplay wise, everything about KH2 was just awesome. I especially enjoyed the 1000 heartless battle.

The story isn't amazing, but the gameplay is pretty good. Gameplay wise, everything about KH2 was just awesome. I especially enjoyed the 1000 heartless battle.
I felt they just added even more button mashing into the play with normal attacks being extremely powerful (Explosion and that one with the rings in the air). Drives were great, but I think they could have done a much better job with reactions, seeing as it was easy to just mash triangle instead of actually waiting for the prompt. Don't get me wrong, I had fun playing it, and it's actually a good challenge if you don't grind and play on Proud Mode, but going back and playing it now, I felt they could have done a better job.

Also, I like Sora, but Roxas was a pretty cool kid. His theme music is great and his last line at the end of the prologue fit the music so well it makes me sad thinking about it. "Looks like my summer vacation... is over."

Yeah, I hope the Command system returns for KHIII. Much better than the "press X and Triangle to win" of KHII.

And yeah, Nimoy for MX was kinda weird. Didn't seem evilly dramatic enough.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ironically the first game I played was 358/2 Days. I then was so engrossed in the backstory that I purchased a Playstation with my Christmas Money and have since played KH1, KH2, and RE: Chain of Memories. I found them all to be quite excellent and I'll pick up RE: Coded soon enough, though maybe after Pokemon Black.

Though for KH1 All I can remember is Ansem prattling on about "the darkness" every third word or so, lol.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Played every game. MF on BBS is by far the toughest and most BA boss in all of the KH series just because he is just that fucking hard. Yeah. Can't wait to try out RE: Coded sometime soon..

Though for KH1 All I can remember is Ansem prattling on about "the darkness" every third word or so, lol.
Honestly, the dialogue in the games isn't that great except for the areas in which Roxas/Organization XIII are featured. Ansem is a particularly egregious example of the series's repetitive corniness.

I understand that the game's rated E, though, so I don't really care lol.

Favorite level: That one on Hollow Bastion where you have to take out 100 or 100 or whatever tyhings in a valley. I made a new save file just so I could go back to it.

Least Fave: Any Last boss of Beast's Castle.

Also, to show that how enamored with the series I was, my username is an anagram of my actual name with the letter x thrown in. I was thinking of a new name to use and since Kingdom Hearts was probably my favorite thing ever at that point, I decided to make my name akin to the Nobodies in KH.

I used to be on the Organization XIII bandwagon myself -- my old username, Xilaa, was my old Internet handle X-erised.

Played KH1, KH2, and CoM, then lost interest once I realized the fanbase was/is kinda lame.

Also KH1-Ansem was pretty badass, even though he was too easy to beat.

WHICH GAMES ARE THEY IN I MUST PURCHASE
Nimoy voices Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP) and Christopher Lee voices DiZ in Kingdom Hearts II (PS2), Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (also PS2), and Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (DS).

Also I agree that Days didn't have much in terms of gameplay and was a bit repetitive, but the story was so fucking intense I honestly didn't care.

I'd also like to note that the series has a pretty deep backstory, you just have to do a bit of digging (Ansem Reports and the like).

As for Marvel characters in KHIII... I'm not so sure that would end well. Let's just stick to the inevitable whirlpool boss battle with Davie Jones. (Which would actually be pretty cool.)

EDIT: Ok, you might have me sold on a Venom boss fight, TaiCrunch...

Heartless-infected Hulk, Venom, Galactus? There's a lot of potential there. That and Pixar, a Toy Story or Bug's Life world would be nothing short of badass.

KH 1 and 2 are pretty much the only games I can think of at the top of my head that I can just pop in and replay endlessly. I must've gone through both of them nearly a dozen times by now. I also dug 358 Days and CoM, don't have a PSP so I haven't had a chance to check out BBS... but the news that Leonard Nimoy does voice work in it makes me super jealous of you PSP owners.

Speaking of new worlds, what about a world based around the new Tron film? The film itself was kind of a disappointment, but it was visually pretty cool and I bet it would make an awesome level for KH3.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TAI

YOUR GODDAMN

IN

EVERY THREAD

STOP

On topic: Now I need a PSP just to hear Leonard Nimoy :(

Also KH1-Ansem was pretty badass, even though he was too easy to beat.

If you thought Ansem was badass, I'm not sure what's beyond badass if you talk about Vanitas.

MF is definitely going to be important in KHIII. Xemnas was unknown in KHFM and appeared in KHII as an important character. (Even though we kinda knew it was him in FM)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)