The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

Blackhawk11

one on one
I read an interesting theory about Amon today: someone suggested that Amon got his "energy -bending" technique from Koh (the face stealer). This makes sense because Koh is supposedly very old (he may have been around when people still energy-bent) and Amon doesn't have a face! Amon also claimed that the spirits had given him this power, so that fits. I'm not sure what exactly would have prompted Koh to bring Amon into the spirit world and give him this power in the first place (I don't think Koh would try to do something just for the sake of watching the world burn [or not burn in this case] because he isn't really evil, just kinda mean).

I'm guessing Korra's gonna contact Aang soon(mayb even in the back of the truck)
She did have that little dream/flashback already, too. I think that's a pretty apt prediction, it seems like the kind of thing Korra would try when she's angry in the back of a truck to who-knows-where.

This episode had... everything :D

Bolin finally gets to do some real, manly earthbending, some random epic bloodbending, flashbacks~

It's just a shame that The Promise Part 2 was such a letdown. I was hoping there would be something in there that we could start connecting to LoK, but not so much.

One thing I sort of noticed in this episode was that the Korra/Asami tension sort of escalated because now Asami is feeling somewhat threatened. While I'm fairly sure she's going to be a permanent fixture in the group, I can't help but feel she's going to do something backstabbish at some point, just based on that nasty glance in the mirror.

I'm getting the pretty strong vibe that Korra is going to go into avatar state next episode: all crammed up, no friends, time to meditate, and isn't it the 10th episode? so chakra theory YEAH

I think that this episode set an all time high for possible gifs / reaction pics

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ya she could go into avatar state without unlocking chakras. Also I really think Tarrlok and Amon have some sort of history with eachother it just hasn't added up totally in my head yet.

also just had this idea but maybe Tarrlok is taking Korra out of Republic City? "somewhere where no one will ever find you". Perhaps she breaks out of wherever he hides her and goes on a small journey of her own where she will connect spiritually to past lives etc. Maybe she will finally make air then too, as she said herself, she already knows all the forms / stances

Well as usual more questions than answers, either Tarrok's family learned bloodbending on their own or he's somehow related to Hamma or even learned it from her somehow...was nice to see Korra go batshit on him though.

Personally all I really wanna see is the story behind the flashbacks, seems more and more interesting all the time.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tarrlock is the Northern Water Tribe representative, bloodbending was supposed to be a southern water tribe technique from Hamma. We need some explanations here!

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I read an interesting theory about Amon today: someone suggested that Amon got his "energy -bending" technique from Koh (the face stealer). This makes sense because Koh is supposedly very old (he may have been around when people still energy-bent) and Amon doesn't have a face! Amon also claimed that the spirits had given him this power, so that fits. I'm not sure what exactly would have prompted Koh to bring Amon into the spirit world and give him this power in the first place (I don't think Koh would try to do something just for the sake of watching the world burn [or not burn in this case] because he isn't really evil, just kinda mean).
There's also Koh's hatred of the Avatar (one of Korra's past incarnations tried to kill him) and quite possibly the mortal world by extension of that.

Also Tarrlock was executed BRILLIANTLY. I doubt anyone could of saw that coming.

Interestingly enough it looks like lightning has been weakened. Compared to volleys from Azula/Iroh Mako is shooting small streams of lightning who's main impact comes from electrical damage and not explosions (then again, Azula and Iroh ARE Azula and Iroh).

Wow, that was crazy. Tarlock isn't just corrupt, but he's a fucking insane dictator who obviously has a disdain toward non-benders.

Hitler vibes anyone?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
There's also Koh's hatred of the Avatar (one of Korra's past incarnations tried to kill him) and quite possibly the mortal world by extension of that.
Not to mention it was the most recent water bending avatar that tried to do it....

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Personally all I really wanna see is the story behind the flashbacks, seems more and more interesting all the time.
The evil guy from the flashbacks killed Sokka and got Aang ridiculously pissed.

THAT'S WHAT I'VE GOT SO FAR.

breh

強いだね
This was... a really good episode. quite exciting!

Agreeing with others that I was happy to see Earthbending, nonweak Korra, etc. Tarrlok is goddamn crazy (and apparently bloodbended the whole damn congress?) and I really did not expect that ending. Wow.

In the flashback at the end of the episode was Tarrlok/his relative bloodbending in daylight?
I think more likely his father or close relative considering Toph and Aang seemed to be in their 30s when he was being put on trial and Aang dies until he was sixty-six, considering Tarrlok is 37 the ages kind of fit

Also, how did Azami got all of her stuff? I assume they got her father (or at least he run away leaving eveything behind), but OHH, I want to know what happened there, if they confiscated everything, or everything was gone when they came, and if she managed to get he stuff back, why couldn't she stay in the house since nobody seemed to be there waiting for her?

Honestly, id rather have Amon in charge then this douce. Interesting how polar these guys are ideologically yet they are both "bad guys." I kinda hope Amon takes away Tarrlock's bending.

whoa. this series just keeps getting better and better. now Korra has two great enemies to face. though (and I think someone else brought this up earlier) shouldn't Korra, as a waterbender, been able to break through Tarrlok's bloodbending? though he's mysteriously able to do it without the full moon, while Korra did not have the full moon on her side, so that might explain that.

I hope Korra gets to speak with Aang next episode! She's trapped in the back of a van; she's not going anywhere (plus her life's in danger) so it's the perfect time to meditate!

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
oh my god this episode pulled the rug right from under

that endinggggggggggggg

This episode was great. Did not expect Tarrlok to be a bloodbender in a crescent moon. Wonder who taught it to him though

WHAT THE FUCK BLOODBENDING

I DON'T EVEN

WHAT THE FUCK

I have to admit though, the bending definitely stepped it up a notch this episode. I think this episode was great in the way that it set up Tarrlok's character perfectly, I mean I sincerely doubt anyone saw him bloodbending coming..... jesus

And I wonder why Korra isn't immune to it like Katara was? Maybe she's not a "Master" yet? Who knows... There's lots of explaining to do in the upcoming episodes...

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
And I wonder why Korra isn't immune to it like Katara was? Maybe she's not a "Master" yet? Who knows... There's lots of explaining to do in the upcoming episodes...
I think the only reason Katara was immune was because she was able to bloodbend herself. It's apparent that Korra doesn't really know how, or has only tried it under a full moon, or would only have the power to under a full moon (and I doubt Katara would have taught her at this point).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)