NOC The Mafia Invitational Redux Game Thread - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have multiple people who have possible scum and plenty of time to threaten a Lynch that we can abandon if necessary

Waiting until tomorrow causes all kinds of unnecessary chaos that you know will happen with deadline looming
Why are you so averse to EoD chaos? I think that we will have the largest spike of activity and I feel like the last couple of hours/minutes prior to EoD are when scum are most obvious. Chaos is good for the town.

(Like when Yeti/Metal Sonic strongmanned the Knights lynch during the previous rand EoD)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why are you so averse to EoD chaos? I think that we will have the largest spike of activity and I feel like the last couple of hours/minutes prior to EoD are when scum are most obvious. Chaos is good for the town.

(Like when Yeti/Metal Sonic strongmanned the Knights lynch during the previous rand EoD)
Interesting I'm going to read that thread in depth later

I have a history of leading lynches on new wagons during the last few hours of D1 on smogon that are invariably town. Sorry cancerous

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
wat the actual

dle was the one who insisted we needed to lynch knights bc he open wolfed, i was trying to cfd moody bc knights was defending me

u high as heck

ms didn't want us to be tied to the knights wagon either in scumchat, he said to avoid it and have all-town if possible

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you def said you thought you and josh tunneling me "got you a read on me" so you think that by scumreading/heavily pushing someone you can get a fix on them
That can be the case yes, it's not a universal mindset

It's helpful for someone like you who is difficult to read and especially in context of that game which immediately followed your solo carry of popcorn, we were justifiably wary of you

Yeti

dark saturday
im actually so confused how proph has that recollection of knights' lynch, dle and asek were the ones going HE'S OPEN WOLFING, LYNCH HIM and i was trying to cfd moody bc knights was defending me. the lynch was maj so ultimately both of us switched to GET a lynch off (and not onto our teammate) but like. what is in your peace pipe.

Yeti

dark saturday
leet's asek progression to me feels like "i don't think asek is mislynchable so i'm just gonna TR him ezpz" then via scumchat/reading the thread he realizes it might be possible and makes the hedgy af asek iso or whatever where he's like "well gut says town but I AM SUSPICIOUS!!!!" and then suddenly agrees with texas that asek and proph are "very scummy"

Texas Cloverleaf

leet's asek progression to me feels like "i don't think asek is mislynchable so i'm just gonna TR him ezpz" then via scumchat/reading the thread he realizes it might be possible and makes the hedgy af asek iso or whatever where he's like "well gut says town but I AM SUSPICIOUS!!!!" and then suddenly agrees with texas that asek and proph are "very scummy"
Hitmonleet do you have any comment on this attribution of your progression?

What is your justification for agreeing with my previous post re: asek/proph?

OK caught up on the recent stuff.

Honestly, this gamestate as it stands is frustrating to me.

I understand that I haven't been the most active poster in the game, but I feel like I can't progress or make any new meaningful reads when literally 1/4th of the game is idling. I had a super busy week and I'm trying to get back into the game by scumhunting/trying to solve but everyone is literally just on my wagon or hedging on it and I can't really do wagon analysis on my own wagon if people aren't engaging with me about it.

Like, look:

Prophylaxis (5): Hitmonleet, Hawkie, MoodyCloud, Texas, Former Hope

Hitmonleet:
Hitmonleet said:
-Proph's hasn't contributed as much as I'd like them to, but I'm willing to give that a pass until Animals ends. Still wanting something more tho.
I literally made the wall post breaking down my thoughts about everyone in the game and he doesn't even attempt to analyze it or re-evaluate his read based on it.

Hawkie: Hasn't talked about my wall post but considering his previous stance on me it's doubtful that he will ever reconsider.

MoodyCloud: Voted me, says my post is tldr, is content with current gamestate (hence why I'm voting him)

Texas: Says I'm scum for.. bad tone on page 7 + the LightWolf/Empoof thing? He keeps saying that I'm scum but he's not really engaging with me on the topic and I find that concerning because Texas has played/watched me before and /knows/ how I play as town. I mean, sure, this game is a little out of the norm because I was heavily pressured early game, but I feel like he should be able to recognize my thought processes as coming from town here and.. he hasn't.

Former Hope: Moved his vote to me because he likes my wagon and hasn't read my posts. I'm sensing a trend here.

Like, this is not a wagon that will net you guys a scum lynch, folks. It's a bunch of lazy/wrong town and probable scum in Moody.

im actually so confused how proph has that recollection of knights' lynch, dle and asek were the ones going HE'S OPEN WOLFING, LYNCH HIM and i was trying to cfd moody bc knights was defending me. the lynch was maj so ultimately both of us switched to GET a lynch off (and not onto our teammate) but like. what is in your peace pipe.
Yeah I could be not recalling this correctly, sorry.

I wasn't around for EoD stuff in that game so I was mostly going off of memory on that one but I do recall Walrein saying that he was nervous about Metal Sonic because he was doing..

metalsonic's posting at eod somewhat rubs me the wrong way

it's somewhat lower volume than i would have expected from him and it's also mostly just snide remarks

feels very, like, sideline-commentary-ish, if that makes sense

like he's not actually wanting to take responsibility for whatever push is happening
this.. which is not what I thought in my head

but still the general point stands. Chaos is still good for town IMO especially in a setup like this one

Texas Cloverleaf

Texas: Says I'm scum for.. bad tone on page 7 + the LightWolf/Empoof thing? He keeps saying that I'm scum but he's not really engaging with me on the topic and I find that concerning because Texas has played/watched me before and /knows/ how I play as town. I mean, sure, this game is a little out of the norm because I was heavily pressured early game, but I feel like he should be able to recognize my thought processes as coming from town here and.. he hasn't.
Or, much more simply: they aren't

Texas Cloverleaf

Hawkie has made compelling arguments against you, your reactions to which I find uninspiring and unlikely to be towny, compunded by what appears to me to be a clearly scummy slip of alignment knowledge

We have interacted on these matters and I've come to my conclusions on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)