NOC The Mafia Invitational Redux Game Thread - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aura

1353- brief iso on pre-wall Light and an iso on Metal. This is the iso I said was half-finished and on second look it seems like he made it without checking the NK. Which kinda wrecks half his basis for voting Metal in the first place since he was partially hinging on Metal predicting Hawkie and Proph's alignments. Imagine I just posted a gif of Lucille Ball grimacing, because that's how I feel here.

1376- Brings up OMGUS in reference to his iso on metal. Confusing until I remind myself that OMGUS originally had a non-retaliatory usage.

1379- This is the post my general impression of Aura was based in before the D2 hammer. Second sentence is a very Townie pov.

1399- Acknowledges Hawkie's death.

1426- iso on Texas. Says Tex's 97 read like a VT softclaim. Applies awareness of Hawkie's death to the read, along with a general statement on Hawkie's flip. That general statement about people looking better or potentially worse is the closest we get to him correcting the "predicting Hawkie" part of his read on Metal. Both reads Tex as Town and wants to use Texas's own suggested tactics later in the game. I'm trying to parse the fact that he's excusing fluffy Texas posts but called fluffy Metal posts "junk". Is it an issue of Metal looking worse by comparison?

1471/1473- Aura's last posts of D2. Asks about majority and then rephrases it in a way that looks worse in tone.

D3

1500- Scumleans Former, pointing out actions as inconsistent and citing Former's reason for voting Metal as hypocritical behavior. Then cites Metal's mislynch and needing to read new content as reasons not to vote him. I like that he's scrutinizing a generally TR'd slot (shows individual thought process), but I'm also trying to parse some wifom that comes from part of his read on Former involving Metal's wagon. I think I'm hung up on 1353 in that regard.

1506/1520/1525- Refutes Light's read on Hitmon, then proceeds to potentially out the second mason. Scum being able to figure it out themselves does not excuse actions that make it easier to find Masons.

1610- readslist. How is Former "down to" a scumlean when your iso already said he was a scum lean?

1618- says why Metal hammer reads scummier than metal L-1. I disagree that L-1 was not an issue becuase L-1 was reached in less than 24 hours and that is an issue.

Aura is scum and I'm going to bed.

also i see proph viewing this thread and he had a sadboi post in that other noc's postgame of "cant win any games on this site"

yeah thats what happens when u roll town on smogon dot com's historic and notable circus maximus subforum :pirate:

if the poe is good then we will win this game but if its not then l0l rip
I mean, smogon town is really good at nailing everyone but the last scum and then floundering to a loss (ie, animal mafia town totally solved the game but managed to whiff it anyways) - we may just be cursed

1618 is one of knight's posts, not mine.
Typo. It was 1638. The point still stands, though. 1473 reads fake, like you thought asking about majority was scummy and tried to walk it back. But after you go
Which is not to give any approval to L-0 this early in the day
in that post, you later say you weren't even worried about L-1.

Which is mind boggling to me. The lynch you started on Metal's shitty tone and a prediction premise you never acknowledged was only half true snowballs out of control and you're not even bothered?

vote Aura Guardian

There was some talk I saw about moving from majority to plurality, and I hadn't realized then (spoke with the hosts later and sorted out the truth) that last game was hammer ONLY for lynch. I was checking if my interpretation was correct - it wasn't, but if it had, then I'd have been able to post my Former review back during day 2 (but on principles wasn't going to in case of hammer because then shouldn't be saying relevant stuff.)

That doesn't explain why you go "oh, but let's don't hammer" after the fact and then later contradict that weak protest by saying you weren't worried about L-1 at the time. How do you look at a wagon you started reaching hammer in 24 hours and not go "oh, shit".

Aura

1353- brief iso on pre-wall Light and an iso on Metal. This is the iso I said was half-finished and on second look it seems like he made it without checking the NK. Which kinda wrecks half his basis for voting Metal in the first place since he was partially hinging on Metal predicting Hawkie and Proph's alignments. Imagine I just posted a gif of Lucille Ball grimacing, because that's how I feel here.

1376- Brings up OMGUS in reference to his iso on metal. Confusing until I remind myself that OMGUS originally had a non-retaliatory usage.

1379- This is the post my general impression of Aura was based in before the D2 hammer. Second sentence is a very Townie pov.

1399- Acknowledges Hawkie's death.

1426- iso on Texas. Says Tex's 97 read like a VT softclaim. Applies awareness of Hawkie's death to the read, along with a general statement on Hawkie's flip. That general statement about people looking better or potentially worse is the closest we get to him correcting the "predicting Hawkie" part of his read on Metal. Both reads Tex as Town and wants to use Texas's own suggested tactics later in the game. I'm trying to parse the fact that he's excusing fluffy Texas posts but called fluffy Metal posts "junk". Is it an issue of Metal looking worse by comparison?

1471/1473- Aura's last posts of D2. Asks about majority and then rephrases it in a way that looks worse in tone.

D3

1500- Scumleans Former, pointing out actions as inconsistent and citing Former's reason for voting Metal as hypocritical behavior. Then cites Metal's mislynch and needing to read new content as reasons not to vote him. I like that he's scrutinizing a generally TR'd slot (shows individual thought process), but I'm also trying to parse some wifom that comes from part of his read on Former involving Metal's wagon. I think I'm hung up on 1353 in that regard.

1506/1520/1525- Refutes Light's read on Hitmon, then proceeds to potentially out the second mason. Scum being able to figure it out themselves does not excuse actions that make it easier to find Masons.

1610- readslist. How is Former "down to" a scumlean when your iso already said he was a scum lean?

1618- says why Metal hammer reads scummier than metal L-1. I disagree that L-1 was not an issue becuase L-1 was reached in less than 24 hours and that is an issue.

Aura is scum and I'm going to bed.
so uh the first two bolded seem to be towntells at least from your perspective ? how did you go from there to "ag is scum" exactly ?

yeah Asek d3 not looking good, no substance whatsoever. That one "retards" post felt like it wouldn't come naturally from scumAsek but can't give that slot a pass today.
Lightwolf's tone, apologetic behavior and way too wide lynch pool are concerning but I don't really know what to look for here
looking at AG/DLE now but I'll probably be voting one of AG/asek
vote AG

Not wanting hammer =/= not wanting L-1 for extra pressure. I assumed no one would actually hammer so soon.

As for my wagon happening in less than 24 hours: in part because I was in a daze at that actually happening, in part because I was in some level of denial. Afterwards, no time for crying over spilt milk.

so uh the first two bolded seem to be towntells at least from your perspective ? how did you go from there to "ag is scum" exactly ?
I didn't think the first point was Townie. The second point is outweighed by the rest.

Metal was easy to mislynch and I think scum banked on that to not only to get a leg up on the numbers game but also to deal with Metal refusing to budge on scumreading Empoof.

I didn't think the first point was Townie. The second point is outweighed by the rest.

Metal was easy to mislynch and I think scum banked on that to not only to get a leg up on the numbers game but also to deal with Metal refusing to budge on scumreading Empoof.
Or Metal was mislynched because his behavior was super erratic and was barely explaining things all the while flip flopping more than a pancake at waffle house.

Like, I'm not entirely disagreeing with your reading of AG (Though a few points like this are weird) but honestly, I don't think the MS wagon needed scum to do much other than let MS dig his own grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)