The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Soloed Emerald only using a Swampert (and a Whismur as an HM slave). It was about Level 70 by the end.
To be fair harsh, soloing a game with your starter is probably on the lower end of awesome things you can do in Pokémon. Makes the game too easy to enjoy if you're not doing it because you don't understand better, which frankly is the primary reason why people do it at all.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
To be fair harsh, soloing a game with your starter is probably on the lower end of awesome things you can do in Pokémon. Makes the game too easy to enjoy if you're not doing it because you don't understand better, which frankly is the primary reason why people do it at all.
To add on to this, if you're the kind of guy who fights every trainer, your Charizard will be Level 92 by the time you beat the Elite Four in Fire Red. Trust me. I know from experience. :P

To add on to this, if you're the kind of guy who fights every trainer, your Charizard will be Level 92 by the time you beat the Elite Four in Fire Red. Trust me. I know from experience. :P
I'm the kind of person who attempts to avoid every trainer as much as I can.

When I was starting on my dex, I was trying to run around to convince an Eevee to pop out. Suddenly, I see a zigzagoon. Instead of scaring it, I go over and encounter a shiny! I threw an Ultra ball and caught it.

Also, I was once trolling around the friend safari with Woobats and Farfetch'ds and suddenly a shiny Woobat appears!

The details are a bit hazy on this one, and it wasn't particularly lucky or difficult, but it definitely gave me a great feeling doing it. I was doing a Nuzlocke of Platinum, but I gave up on it since I find grinding against wild pokemon probably one of the most boring things in-game apart from a few select others, so I proceeded as a normal run while getting steadily more and more underleveled. By the time I was up against Cynthia, none of her pokemon were any less than ten levels higher than my Gyarados. I put down two X Sp. Defs, hoped for no crits, and steadily built up to +6. 'Nuff said.

On my last Platinum run, I wanted to try out Roserade and wanted good natures, so I spent a good amount of time looking for Budew.
It took me a couple hours, but not before I found a shiny Starly.
Before the first gym.

Then the most amazingly stupid thing I've done is on my last SoulSilver run, My Totodile got Pokerus. On the first route.
Then I didn't play the game for like a month and it disappeared RIP

On my last Platinum run, I wanted to try out Roserade and wanted good natures, so I spent a good amount of time looking for Budew.
It took me a couple hours, but not before I found a shiny Starly.
Before the first gym.

Then the most amazingly stupid thing I've done is on my last SoulSilver run, My Totodile got Pokerus. On the first route.
Then I didn't play the game for like a month and it disappeared RIP
Awesome feeling, right. I remember on my very first playthough of Emerald I encountered a shiny Zigzagoon in the very beginning of the game. Fortunately I did have Poke Balls.

I defeated the Elite Four in Omega Ruby (rematched) using half a team. I was power-levelling a Joltik, and Exploud (for Boomburst) and a Shroomish (for Spore). Used a Level 84 Swampert, Level 76 Crobat, and Level 62 Manectric.

One of my favorite things to do is breed/hunt for shinies, trying to get them as close to "perfect pokemon" as possible. Over the years, i have acquired quite an interesting collection of shinies, with three sticking out specifically.

The first Shiny I hatched in my X game was Aegislash, using just the Masuda Method (before I recieved the Shiny Charm). This was the first and only Shiny Honedge I hatched, and took roughly 800 eggs. I was extremely pleased with how he came out, and decided another was certainly not necessary.

-Male
-Quiet Nature
-31/31/31/31/18/0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Scizor is probably (definitely) my biggest accomplishment in all of Pokemon. I hatched my all-time favorite Pokemon in my X game using the Shiny Charm and the Masuda Method. He is a perfect shiny Pokemon, with the only stat of the six not being transferred from the parents (Destiny Knot) being his special attack (YES!!), while the rest are all 31. He was luckily the first Scyther I hatched around 500 eggs. Wow was I happy after visiting the IV judge :D

-Male
-Adamant Nature
-31/31/31/X/31/31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Raikou is also incredibly special to me. He was the first Shiny I caught in my Omega Ruby, and was my first Shiny Legendary. I used just the Shiny Charm and a shit ton of soft resets. I actually encountered two Shiny Raikou's whose three perfect IVs weren't what I wanted. All three shinies were Timid thanks to Synchronize, which was pretty cool. Catching this Beast took around 2,000 SRs and the battle itself to catch him took around 45 minutes, but boy was it worth the wait. (The first shiny Raikou took around 500 SR, the second one around 900, and the third and final one about another 600 SR.)

-Luxury Ball
-Timid Nature
-19/11/30/31/31/31

So yeah these guys are huge accomplishments to me, and can never be replaced. (mer cloning yeah yeah)

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
Caught a Houndour in X, just in the wild, with a perfect IV in Speed. Sure the rest of the IVs were crap, but holy Miltank, did that feel good.

Yesterday, much to my surprise, after probably 3 weeks of breeding (maybe more, I don't drive myself nuts by counting the weeks), I hatched a Squirtle with the right IVs in HP, Defense, SpA, SpD, and Speed that also has Rain Dish. But as a bonus, The Game threw in not only 31 IVs in Attack, but also made said Squirtle a female! The only thing that could've made this any more perfect was if she was a Shiny (not that I'm complaining that she is not! I'm not MMing.).

Definitely need to think of a good name for this one. I'm thinking Kamex (which Nappy insists that every Squirtle should have), or Cannon Tortoise upon evolution to the final stage.

In Pokémon Shuffle:
  • Caught Chesnaught first try at 1%
  • In the third Safari, encountered Phione (1% encounter rate) first time
  • Caught Xerneas at 1% in the mobile version

Found this in the comment section of a YouTube video. Had to share.

That's...truly amazing. It really is.

The most amazing thing I've done in Pokémon was encounter a wild Pokémon as my very first ever in Pokémon Ruby. It was a shiny Poochyena. :|

That's...truly amazing. It really is.

The most amazing thing I've done in Pokémon was encounter a wild Pokémon as my very first ever in Pokémon Ruby. It was a shiny Poochyena. :|
Don't tell me you didn't have Poke Balls yet D:

I was once attempting to go for the Silver Symbols in Pokémon Emerald (Gold Symbols are too much for me), facing down Brandon with Venusaur, Flygon and Manectric. I beat Regirock easy enough, but I wasn't sure with Regice - I planned to weaken it with Flygon so Venusaur can try and finish it. Flygon itself managed to win by tanking Ice Beam four times in a row (due to Focus Band). Registeel wasn't that hard afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)