The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

I beat Cedric (Platinum)'s Infernape at Pastoria City with Torterra. Nuzlocking and speedrunning. I had level 32 Torterra, he had Level 36 Infernape. Torterra tanks a flame wheel and OHKOs with Earthquake. So relieved.

I feel that this thread needs to be resurrected. So here is my story to resurrect it:
I was breeding a Clefable for the Kanto Classic. The Clefairy I had Friend Guard and perfect Sp. Def and Speed. The Ditto is a 6 IV. In only two eggs, I had a 6 IV Cleffa with Friend Guard. I calculated the odds: 1 in 512 eggs. I'm pretty happy with that.

Maybe a bit old school here, but back in Red I had caught almost every Pokemon, bar one elusive normal type. Tauros! It took me a almost week of wandering the Safari Zone to find one, when I had found one I was dead tired and was not thinking when I just threw a random safari ball at it. Luck behold it did not escape, it did it's three little wiggles and I had finally caught my Tauros.

A few days ago, I found what looked like an off-colored Skitty. Thinking it could be a shiny, even though I wasn't sure, since it was night out, and because I was in a not-paying-attention mode training/bonding, I decided it wouldn't hurt to chuck an Ultra Ball, and return to the PC to find out. Lo-and-behold, the little red star was there. I couldn't believe it. I had to check my other shinies to make sure it had the same red star, and compare with a non-shiny specimen.

Maybe not the most amazing thing I've ever done, but pretty cool nonetheless. Now Kit Kat is a fellow trainee! Worthless in any competitive sense, but...

Cerberax

Dancing through life
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I tend to find Shinies within a short time of each other. Twice, I've found two Shiny Pokémon in the same day and the others were within a short time of those. But I'd have to say the most amazing thing I've accomplished is completing the national Pokédex from scratch in Omega Ruby - first generation I was able to do it. I just kept putting my leftover Pokémon from competitive breeding on the GTS and then ran around to Secret Bases training and evolving all of them. (Still looking for a few mythical/legendary Pokémon though.)

I was bored and decided to try to recreate the old days, back right before I started playing competitive. I took a team I had in SoulSilver, and modified it to be competitive. With the only Pokémon change being Roserade instead of Venusaur, I ended up with the team of Gengar, Mega Charizard-Y, Feraligatr, Roserade, Heracross, and Miltank. It isn't very good, especially as I don't have any way of removing hazards and it is easy to wall at the current moment.
I fought against a team that was Ferrothorn, Rotom-Wash, Garchomp, Mega Gyarados, Toxicroak, and Scizor.
For a while, I thought I was going to lose as I only had knocked out one Pokémon and I had lost three. And my opponent had hazards and Ferrothorn and I lost my best counter to it (Charizard). Eventually, I sent in my Gengar. And it proved why it is my favorite Pokémon.
Here's the battle.

I completed the National Dex including all mythicals and legendaries. Sure I had a friend with a powersave get me a Volcanion but no other pokemon is intentionally cheated. (Though my shiny toxicroak does look suspicious).

Always seems to happen right after you do something, doesn't it? (I got Celebi, the last pre-Generation V legendary I need only a week before Black and White was released).

I completed the National Dex including all mythicals and legendaries. Sure I had a friend with a powersave get me a Volcanion but no other pokemon is intentionally cheated. (Though my shiny toxicroak does look suspicious).
Of course, what other way would you get Volcanion?

My cousin was trying to capture Regigigas on pokemon Platinum. I got him all the way to the pokemon and then he asked me to capture it for him. I sat there and spent ages trying to throw ultra balls at he pokemon. The ultra balls only got me like one or two wobbles. I just couldn't catch it and then a threw some repeat balls and for some reason they did better. I ended up catching Regigigas in a Repeat ball. That is the most amazing thing I have ever done in pokemon...

My most amazing thing I've ever done in Pokemon I think is when I was playing Diamond around my third playthrough at age... 13? (It was around a year prior to BW reveal). First turn, I threw a Poke Ball at Dialga. Caught it at full health with a basic ball.

GG Dialga.

I did it again! Two days ago, I ran into a pack of Electrikes, and noticed that one of them had a different color. I found out he even has a Timid nature. Not bad!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is not particularly amazing, but I just finished maxing out an Espeon with all ribbons and accouterments (matching Poké Ball, 31/0/31/31/31/31, hidden ability, max PP, etc.). I started back in 2014 before ORAS. I sorta forgot about the Espeon until yesterday when I stumbled upon it. I then transferred it to ORAS and worked on getting the various new ribbons (Hoenn Champ ribbon, $Big Spender$ ribbons, and contest ribbons).

Pics here.

For those curious, there are currently 24 ribbons available between XY and ORAS.

This is not particularly amazing, but I just finished maxing out an Espeon with all ribbons and accouterments (matching Poké Ball, 31/0/31/31/31/31, hidden ability, max PP, etc.). I started back in 2014 before ORAS. I sorta forgot about the Espeon until yesterday when I stumbled upon it. I then transferred it to ORAS and worked on getting the various new ribbons (Hoenn Champ ribbon, $Big Spender$ ribbons, and contest ribbons).

Pics here.

For those curious, there are currently 24 ribbons available between XY and ORAS.
I've just now imagine how difficult it must be to get every possible Ribbon onto one Pokémon.

I have a few times, but I'll share one right now:

A month or so back, I was running around in an attempt to get all of the legends available in OR.
I had just managed to find out where Ho-Oh was and began the tedious process of getting a competitive one.
An hour later, no such luck. Then, not paying attention, I chucked a random ball that wasn't an ultra ball. What was it, you may ask? My single, solitary Premier Ball. The ball shakes once, twice, three times...... and caught. I take it to the IV checker after checking its nature(Jolly, what I wanted) and.... Perfect Attack, Speed, and HP, all what I wanted, as well as 20 or above in everything else.

I practically wept with joy for having caught a Competitive Ho-Oh in the most expensive(useless) ball in the game.

I was doing a Nuzlocke in Yellow, and got hit by a crit on Brock's Geodude. I then beat Brock's full health Onix with a level 2 Ratata to save the run

Now that the Kanto Classic results have been posted, I thought I would share a few moments from that tournament.

1) I was facing down a Dragonite who had used all but one Extreme Speed and had zero boosts with my Alakazam. I had used Protect the turn before. I knew that I wouldn't survive the attack nor would I outspeed it, so I just used Protect again. It actually succeeded, allowing my Alakazam to hit with Psyshock next turn. It wasn't enough for the KO and my 'Zam still got knocked out, but it was enough to get that Dragonite down to KO range of my own Dragonite's Extreme Speed.

2) In one battle, I led with my Gyarados. I actually managed to sweep my opponent's whole team without once switching out. 6-0 Gyarados sweep FTW.

3) Usually, my Nidoqueen was my lead as she could tank pretty much any non-Super Effective hit and set up Stealth Rocks. She would rarely survive past that, occasionally getting a hit it before getting knocked out. Though one time, she actually managed to survive with 2 HP and got two Ice Beams off against my opponent's Dragonite, knocking it out.

4) My last battle of the tournament. All I had left was my Gyarados with about 33% HP and only Moxie boosts (sadly, I was unable to get off a Dragon Dance). My opponent sent in their last Pokémon, Dugtrio. I was nervous. I knew that Dugtrio would outspeed. The only question was if Gyarados would survive the incoming Rock-type attack. So I just clicked Waterfall and hoped for the best. Gyara survived with only 7 HP left and knocked out the opposing Dugtrio, winning me my last match!

5) Really, my performance in general. 23/7 record. 1,717 final rating (1,755 peak). Top 40 of all competing US trainers. 300th place overall out of 32,220 trainers from all over the world, putting me in the top percentage of Rattata. I am really pleased.

I beat Red in HG despite being underleveled (my team was around level 65). The bulkyness of Volt Absorb Lanturn with Leftovers saved me from 4 members of his team. Crobat handles very well Venusaur and powerful Fighting attacks tear apart Snorlax.
Thanks to some basic attention to natures and moveset (too bad Rock Climb is necessary to reach the top of the mountain), I was able to defeat Red despite being underleveled.

And? I beat Red with a team in the 60s(and one level 70 Ho-Oh). Choice Specs Espeon(lake of rage item), a well balanced team, and good knowledge of the team made the win pretty easy, even though I was nuzlocking that run.(hint, set up sunny day/rain dance after pikachu goes down. It helps a LOT)

The team I used(SoulSilver):

Espeon, lvl 67 with Choice Specs

Honchkrow, lvl 60 with Life Orb

Feraligatr, lvl 60 with Water Plate

Scizor, lvl 62 with both Technician and Muscle Band

Golem, lvl 63, with Focus Sash

Ho-Oh, lvl 70, itemless with Sunny Day(yes I do realize that it's technically cheating, but quite frankly, I had no other reason to go into the bell tower, and hadn't used it at all for anything other than the Red fight)

Sent in Golem, ate the Iron Tail, Ko'd Pikachu, sent in Ho-Oh on the Venusaur switch, set up Sunny day. KO'd Venu. Switch to Espeon. Choice Specs Grass Knot on the Blastoise, KO. Switch to Scizor on the Snorlax, slowly beat it to death with iron heads. Incoming Charizard, switch to Golem, dies to Stone Edge. Lapras goes down to Espeon with another Grass Knot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)