The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Man, I actually had to rewatch that to believe it. That's sick. By the way, why didn't your opponent go for Fake Out when he sent out that Medicham at the last turn?
Who knows? This is the ladder we're talking about after all.

The funny thing is that he could have gotten the KO on a high roll.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I know someone who when playing Fire Red for their first time finished off the Champion with Struggle.

When Soft Reseting for Kyurem, I got one with 31/26/31/27/31/31 IVs on my Fourth try.

I caught a Shiny Gyrados at the Lake of Rage in Heart Gold.

Earlier in this thread on page 10, i had posted a few of my most treasured flawless shiny Pokemon that I had bred/SR for over the years. Today I have a new accomplishment I'd like to show everyone, which is basically the closest I believe you can come to a perfect save file in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. I have achieved just about every difficult task there is to do in my Omega Ruby game. This would include completing both the Hoenn and National Pokedex, attaining a Gold Trainer card, acquiring all secret base decorations (and having a pretty cool secret base If I do say so myself- pictures below), obtaining all 5 statues in the battle tower and winning 100 times (Lansat Berry) and 200 times (Starf Berry) in a row in the Battle Resort- specifically in Super Triple Battles with a team of Politoed, Sylveon, Raikou, Kingdra, Breloom and M-Scizor. In addition I have also acquired every Legendary in their Shiny form that is legally available (with some help from the GTS), along with a collection of about 150 Shinies in total. Lastly, the Raikou that I posted back on page 10 deserves another shoutout for being my most prized possession that I acquired in my Omega Ruby game for being a Shiny with his three perfect IVS in Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed (IV spread: 19-11-30-31-31-31) and having all 24 Ribbons available between XY and ORAS. I have attached pictures for all of these accomplishments besides attaining all of the available shiny legendaries bc thats way too many pics, you'll just have to trust me ;). Thanks for the read!

Pokedex:

Gold Trainer Card:

Battle Resort Statues and Win Streak:

My Secret Base:

My Raikou:
Impressive stuff! That Raikou of yours is truly one of a kind :D

Caught a shiny Forretress in AS. A little backstory in regards to my and shiny Pokemon. My first shiny catch was a Poliwhirl in Silver and I would later catch a shiny Meowth on the same file. That would be my last non-Red Gyarados shiny encounter until Diamond in which I encountered a shiny Silcoon or Cascoon. Unfortunately I didn't catch it. I know how lucky it is to just get one in their lifetime but mine were so far a part it wasn't even funny. Nearly 10 years between non-Red Gyarados shiny encounters and a decade and a half between catches.

I have a few shiny Pokemon stories:

1) I was trying to catch myself Suicune in crystal for the first time, I had never seen Suicune in the game in gold and silver so I was excited to finally see/catch it. I run out of pokeballs whilst it was on 1 hp so I decided to use my masterball. I go through the rest of the game with it, and come back a few years later to realise that the Suicune was shiny, since I had never seen it in game before I assumed it was like that always and I didn't really know what a shiny was until I was older.

2) I decided to go hunting for a shiny Ralts because I love shiny Gardevoir, 1st encounter in the Dexnav it was shiny. I look at the nature Timid, brilliant. I check the IV's max in special attack, special defense and speed, I am over the moon. EV trained it and checked the rest of the IV's it has a spread of 30/29/30/31/31/31. How could I be so lucky.

3) This happened 2 weeks ago, I wanted a Toxicroak for my rain team. I breed my egg moves onto a baby, it now has 1 IV, I start to breed it with a 6IV ditto (not foreign). Second egg hatches a shiny Croagunk appears, I was happy and sad because I just wish it would have appeared later when I had a better mother to breed with the ditto for better IVs. I go to check the IV's and it has the spread 31/31/31/x/31/31.

In Silver, the first time I beat Red, he was down to his Level 77 Venusaur and I was down to just my Level 27 Pidgeotto. I only won because he kept using SolarBeam, but since I would use Fly, he always missed. I suppose it's more funny than cool, but it was the coolest thing I did when I was 7.

I've gotten Pokerus natrually, twice
the first time was about a year ago while doing a unova run. i was grinding in cold storage when it happened.
the second time was about a week ago, while doing a theme team run vs my friends, i got it on victory road (the only wild pokemon i fought was a skarmory, i dont know why i fought it but i guess i was lucky i did)
I got it on something from wonder trade, cant remember what though

I also dont run into shinies very often despite all of my hunting and time invested into the games. my first was a raticate (HGSS). my second was an audino (looking for a munna in the dreamyard, found this baby awww yeah)

the only successful hunt i ever had was for a shiny treecko, i wanted to start my Omega ruby file with one. i was just about to give up after 6 hours then BAM! Shiny treecko. he had a neutral nature though.

really, pokerus twice is just crazy.

Hey guys i'm back for another post. This time i'm here to talk about another amazing egg hatch. This one might just be my favorite ever and I've hatched thousands of eggs over the years.

I've been hatching eggs for a longgggg time. I hatch for Shinies that are as close to flawless as possible. I hatched a flawless Adamant Scizor (31/31/31/X/31/31) on my X game in late 2014. I also hatched a 'practically' flawless Aegislash (31/31/31/31/18/0) in the same X game, as if I had to pick one of the IVs to not be passed down, it would have been Special Defense since he's a mixed CRUMBLER attacker with a Quiet nature that requires a 0 in speed. I provided screenshots of both of these on page 10, post #241 for anyone interested in checking it out.

I have also hatched a few "almost flawless" 5IV Shiny Pokemon including Prankster Sableye, Magikarp, Salamence, Regenerator Slowbro and Protean Greninja. While they do have 5 perfect IVs, one of them isn't in the ideal spot (for example the Magikarp with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/X/31, instead of the preferred 31/31/31/X/31/31 since the perfect Special Attack is useless and a perfect Special Defense IV instead of the Special Attack would have made it perfect. Luckily, once I bring all of these over to Sun and Moon, including the 'practically flawless' Aegislash and give them a bottle cap, they will all be flawless 6IV Shiny Pokes :D

Now back to why i'm here today lol. Just a few weeks ago on 9/25, I hatched my second Shiny flawless Pokemon, a Jolly Metagross with a 31/31/31/X/31/31 IV spread. This flawless, Shiny beauty was the first Shiny Beldum I hatched at egg 405. 405 eggs may not sound like too many, but Metagross and his evolutionary line have an egg cycle of 40 with 10,280 steps per egg, the highest of all Pokemon (tied with the other pseudo-legendaries and a few other pokes). Not only that but if you want a flawless Shiny Metagross, you absolutely need a flawless Ditto (ideally one that comes from another country for the Masuda Method), because Metagross is Genderless and can only breed with Ditto. A flawless Ditto is difficult enough to obtain, so finding a flawless one from another country is quite the accomplishment.

Of course Game Freak did give out a Shiny event Beldum with the release of ORAS and anyone can just transfer that over to Sun and Moon, give it a bottle cap and have the same flawless Shiny Metagross as I do without all of the work I put in (besides of course that theirs are in a Cherish Ball while mine is a Pokeball). To me, though, this Pokemon is as special as they come and was well worth all of the work I put in and I absolutely love it. Since I now have a flawless Shiny Metagross, Scizor and Aegislash, i'm currently soft-resetting for a Shiny Timid Heatran in my ORAS game so I can one day have a full Mono-Steel team of Shiny flawless Pokes (with a little help from those bottle caps hehe). Below are screenshots of my new Metagross, who's already Level 100 with all 5 max contest stats and all 24 obtainable Ribbons in Gen VI. Thanks for reading guys! :)

Traded some dude in the Serebii chatroom for access to his friend safari, which was rock type, as I was look for a shiny Shuckle- within 15 minutes (not exaggerating, might even be less) of me being in there I encountered every Pokemon the safari had to offer in it's shiny form. Shiny Shuckle, Shiny Nosepass, and something else, can't quite remember. Well worth the trade ;)

Reactions: JES
Let's see. I was breeding Love Ball Chansey. Naturally, I wanted Seismic Toss on it, so I raise up a Machoke to learn the move and survive to use it against Gabby & Ty so Smeargle could Sketch it and pass the move down to a male Mawile. I breed that with the Chansey I'd caught in Soul Silver, passing an IV and changing the ability to Natural Cure along the way. (a 20% chance) I then go catch a Bold Shroomish, and figured I may as well breed for a 4IV male to try and save some time since Chansey's eggs take awhile to hatch. Once I got it and put it in the day-care with the Chansey I'd bred, I decided to collect four eggs to hatch at the same time, thinking I'd use the best one of the batch as my next parent with Ditto.

In that one batch, I get two flawless Chansey, the first even having perfect Special Attack to be potentially useful as Blissey if I want to teach it Flamethrower.

This was way back in 2009 when I was much worse at Pokemon and always had overleveled Starters and underleveled rest of the Pokemon. I was playing in Platinum and was about to try again at the league, but I forgot to heal up at the Pokemon Center after doing some random stuff and to buy healing items, so I was left with limited healing items and low PP for my moves. Amazingly, I got through the Elite Four with my female Infernape surviving. Unfortunately, I ran out of Revives to heal my fainted Pokemon. I decided to give Cynthia a go anyways. I lost about four times and was forced to soft reset. On the fifth try, I decided to make this my final try. Surprisingly, my Infernape swept all the Pokemon, even against Garchomp and Milotic.

And thus this has been one of my favorite stories relating to Pokemon to tell.

mine is probably the best and worst thing to ever happen. it was in soul silver (around a year ago) and i was in the grass right above the 1st route, doing a nuzlocke, when i found and caught a shiny geodude. still haven't finishe the nuzlocke but i, in the same day, caught a shiny pidgey. the pidgey has a crap nature for that gen though (+spa, - att) and i dont have access to pokemon bank to bring pidgey up to oras for a mega pidgeot. and yesterday i was playing a nuzlocke on my other copy when i found a shiny mareep after i had my encounter. icaught it, not to use for it but it lokks cool in pink. once again a shiny with a crap nature ( +att, -spa).

also, how do you pas on perfect ivs through breeding? is it a everstone?

Hey guys i'm back for another post. This time i'm here to talk about another amazing egg hatch. This one might just be my favorite ever and I've hatched thousands of eggs over the years.

I've been hatching eggs for a longgggg time. I hatch for Shinies that are as close to flawless as possible. I hatched a flawless Adamant Scizor (31/31/31/X/31/31) on my X game in late 2014. I also hatched a 'practically' flawless Aegislash (31/31/31/31/18/0) in the same X game, as if I had to pick one of the IVs to not be passed down, it would have been Special Defense since he's a mixed CRUMBLER attacker with a Quiet nature that requires a 0 in speed. I provided screenshots of both of these on page 10, post #241 for anyone interested in checking it out.

I have also hatched a few "almost flawless" 5IV Shiny Pokemon including Prankster Sableye, Magikarp, Salamence, Regenerator Slowbro and Protean Greninja. While they do have 5 perfect IVs, one of them isn't in the ideal spot (for example the Magikarp with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/X/31, instead of the preferred 31/31/31/X/31/31 since the perfect Special Attack is useless and a perfect Special Defense IV instead of the Special Attack would have made it perfect. Luckily, once I bring all of these over to Sun and Moon, including the 'practically flawless' Aegislash and give them a bottle cap, they will all be flawless 6IV Shiny Pokes :D

Now back to why i'm here today lol. Just a few weeks ago on 9/25, I hatched my second Shiny flawless Pokemon, a Jolly Metagross with a 31/31/31/X/31/31 IV spread. This flawless, Shiny beauty was the first Shiny Beldum I hatched at egg 405. 405 eggs may not sound like too many, but Metagross and his evolutionary line have an egg cycle of 40 with 10,280 steps per egg, the highest of all Pokemon (tied with the other pseudo-legendaries and a few other pokes). Not only that but if you want a flawless Shiny Metagross, you absolutely need a flawless Ditto (ideally one that comes from another country for the Masuda Method), because Metagross is Genderless and can only breed with Ditto. A flawless Ditto is difficult enough to obtain, so finding a flawless one from another country is quite the accomplishment.

Of course Game Freak did give out a Shiny event Beldum with the release of ORAS and anyone can just transfer that over to Sun and Moon, give it a bottle cap and have the same flawless Shiny Metagross as I do without all of the work I put in (besides of course that theirs are in a Cherish Ball while mine is a Pokeball). To me, though, this Pokemon is as special as they come and was well worth all of the work I put in and I absolutely love it. Since I now have a flawless Shiny Metagross, Scizor and Aegislash, i'm currently soft-resetting for a Shiny Timid Heatran in my ORAS game so I can one day have a full Mono-Steel team of Shiny flawless Pokes (with a little help from those bottle caps hehe). Below are screenshots of my new Metagross, who's already Level 100 with all 5 max contest stats and all 24 obtainable Ribbons in Gen VI. Thanks for reading guys! :)

what is all this about bottle caps?

MOD EDIT: Use the "Edit" button if you have more to say. Do not double post, and certainly do not triple post!

Last edited by a moderator:
also, how do you pas on perfect ivs through breeding? is it a everstone?
Yep, have the mother hold the Everstone to pass on IVs. Whoops, Destiny Knot passes IVs. Everstone passes nature (thanks, JES ).

what is all this about bottle caps?
The Gen VII games are introducing a new feature that allows alteration of IVs (presumably this feature will be somewhat rare).

Last edited:
The most amazing thing I ever did in Pokemon? Well, it's not really that special, but when I played Diamond at the tender age of 7, I used my starter... and ONLY my starter. The only other Pokemon I caught were for HMs. I'll admit it -- I didn't really understand the Pokemon capturing mechanism. And why bother when I had my glorious Infernape??

I got through every gym battle by just overleveling the poor fire monkey and OHKO-ing everything that stood in my way. By the time I got to the Elite Four, I had grinded my Infernape up to level 80-ish... but that wasn't enough for me. So I spent about a week grinding my Infernape up to the level cap before I even tried the E4.

Then, I basically waltzed in and swept the E4 and Cynthia with my monstrously muscular Infernape. The only E4 member that put up much of a fight was Bertha, and even she eventually fell under the never-ending onslaught.

It was glorious. It was terrifying.

Praise Infernape, guys. Praise him. And maybe he'll spare you.

No, you use a Destiny Knot to pass on IVs. Use the Everstone to pass on the nature you want.
This is correct!! Destiny Knot, when given to a parent, allows them to pass on 5 random IVs from the pool of IVs that the two parents have between them. It doesn't matter which parent you give it to. The Everstone, on the other hand, passes on the nature of the parent who's holding it.

So give the Everstone to the parent with the desired nature, and give the Destiny Knot to the other one.

In Pokémon Gold, when i found an Entei, all i had was a Lure Ball that Kurt gave to me.
That was a really bad pokéball, but since seeing a legendary pokémon made me crazy, i threw the ball as soon as the fight started.
And to my surprise.. i caught it!!!
And i named it "Fire Dog".
I got so happy when that happened that i started jumping and running all around the house! I couldn't believe what just happened!

One of the most amazing thing I've done is certainly having defeated the League with a Grass team.

Sceptile, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Breloom, Cradily and Tropius.
Seedot, Lotad and Breloom were important additions to my team because they allowed me to have a softer early-mid game and nice coverage moves to offer.
In particular, Ludicolo saved my day many times thanks to its Water typing and STAB combination, while keeping both Surf and Dive as special moves (because in this gen Water moves are all special).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)