The Next Best Thing...

Raikou @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass
- Calm Mind
- Roar

Roar raikou is pretty awesome with hazards, he can phaze all his checks ( Rhyperior / Pert / Snorlax..) until they are weak enough to get demolished by tbolt / hp grass +1. They're is not a hundred pokemon to counter him so you can't quickly phaze out to a pokemon that can't no nothing against Raikou, and set-up a calm mind, after SR+spikes you can be sure they won't tank nothing from you.
(You'll need a way to kill Flygon and Roserade since you don't have hp ice )
I think HP Ice would be better on this set. Gligar and Band Flygon are both immune to Spikes, meaning Roar doesn't really help against them. HP Ice sure does though.

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
kokoloko

I actually tested it on ladder. It is quite ridiculous when paired with Zapdos tbh, the damage it does to normal electric counters is irreparable when played correctly.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It was a tough toss between Reachzero and Icecream, but I'm gonna put my vote for Reachzero's set. Expert Belt Raikou in general has been something I'm quite fond of.

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
Oh. Koko's set is already in the analysis page.

Is it possible to switch my vote to Reachzero then?

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
sorry for the incredibly long wait, with the forums going down and me being busier than ever outside of smogon, it was hard to come on to update. as for this round, Icecream is the winner. from now on, though, user Bad Ass will be taking over the thread due to my lack of activity. he should be ready to post the next round fairly soon.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
winner this weak is ICECREAM with his fantabulous Raikou set designed to abuse various weathers!

Raikou @ Expert Belt
Rash Nature
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
-Weather Ball
-Aura Sphere
-Hidden Power Grass

the next pokemon that we will have is. . . . . . . . . . . SNORLAX! is there a set beyond the usual band and restalk sets that can do work?

[and i kind of forgot that i took this over from fatty so if i'm late in updating this shoot me a vm because i probably just forgot again]

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def
- Block
- Curse
- Rest
- Body Slam

This set is meant to trap and slowly kill weaker threats while boosting at the same time to prime yourself to rip major holes in your opponent's team. You can use it as a lead to Block them from the get-go or just block physical walls that come in predicting a more offensive set. It can effectively set up on a number of pokes - and because if it can set up it will almost guaranteedly get to +6/+6, it's in a position to do a large amount of work on the rest of the team.

EVs are to maximize SpD as defense is created from Curse. This way, you can have more effectiveness after whatever you've trapped has died.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Really having a hard time thinking of much here at all, so I'm gonna run something so gimmicky I'm actually having a good laugh while typing it up:

Snorlax @ Focus Sash/Custap Berry
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return/Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Counter/Selfdestruct

No lie, haven't tested it (mainly due to PS servers being absolute death right now), and I literally just stared at Snorlax's movepool for 10 minutes and thought it up, so here it is: Leadlax. Or more of an anti-lead in that regard? I dunno. Basically I noticed it got moves like Counter and Selfdestruct in its movepool and thought: Hey! What if it was used as a lead (or anti-lead) to shake up the opponent's team a bit? Of course you sacrifice Snorlax's utility as a special tank, but it's hard to get creative with most of its other options.

The way this works, max HP and Atk are for obvious investment as Snorlax's HP stat is ridiculously huge, and the Atk is for hitting hard as possible. Return and Body Slam are slashed because they both hit hard with STAB, but Body Slam does have a useful 30% paralysis chance that could make this set more annoying in its own right. Earthquake and Crunch are general coverage, and Counter is mainly just to dick the opponent in the event you lead off against a Fighting-type or other physical attacker, as they won't hesitate to go in at Snorlax on turn one. Custap Berry is slashed over Focus Sash since Snorlax has incredible bulk, and can actually survive even some physical hits. In the event you use Custap Berry it's preferred you use Selfdestruct to get the full effect of Snorlax's strongest fully-invested STAB after taking a hard hit (or two...or three?) and just go out with a big BANG. Pun intended. Pretty gimmicky but it's the best I got, lol.

Edit: If you do go with Sash + Counter, drop the Def IVs to 0 so it can retaliate hard as possible with Counter

Snorlax @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Yawn
- Return
- Earthquake / Fire punch

This. is. awesome. With this set and some spikes, he can be really painful in the long run. Yawn+ protect helps Snorlax to take town his checks ( Cobalion / Heracross...) more easily , and since these pokemons are most of the time scary to switch into, it's a good thing to have them asleep.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Snorlax @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 200 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Return
- Earthquake
- Crunch / Pursuit

With Substitute, Snorlax is now able to completely wall several Pokemon by setting up a sub against them. With Substitute, Snorlax no longer fears Toxic from Bronzong, Will-O-Wisp from Cofagrigus, Pain Split from Chandelure and Trick from Rotom-H. With a sub up, Snorlax can also make revenge killing it way harder and no longer needs to predict a switch as it can sub while the opponent switches, and hit them with the appropriate move. The EV spread is standard but conveniently helps Snorlax to keep its sub up 100% of the time against SubSplit Chandy's Fire Blast and standard Bronzong's Gyro Ball.

Snorlax @ Salac Berry/Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP or 252 Atk / 52 Def / 200 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Belly Drum

Full speed EVs enables Snorlax to outspeed uninvested base 60s, obviously the most optimal things to set up against would be Siesmic Toss users or walls that can't break the Sub. Once the Substitute is up and you Belly Drum, Snorlax reaches a 1400 Attack stat and a 234 Speed stat, outspeeding uninvested base 95s. Return OHKOs anything that doesn't resist it and Earthquake helps Snorlax beat Steel and Rock types, Cofagrigus is 2HKOd by EQ so the only thing that Snorlax can't hit with this set is Mismagius. You could alternatively go with a Sitrus Berry and standard EVs instead.

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Snorlax (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Work Up
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake/Crunch
- Body Slam

MixedSnorlax. I really did not test this set, because PS is being weird, but I think it should do work. This set could potentially beat stall teams on it's own, by OHKO'ing Gligar after one Work Up and rocks, by being as strong as CB Snorlax, but with having the freedom to switch moves. But this is not the idea behind this set. I just want people to think that their Gligar can wall me, and then when I kill it, I want to sweep with my physical sweeper, like Darmanitan or Mienshao. I like the Idea of this, I will try it as soon as possible.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Snorlax @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Fire Punch

Although this looks very similar to the choice band set, with the chople berry it plays a different role of lure. Obviously, UU is filled with powerful fighting types, most of which check the standard snorlaxes which are so popular. With the chople berry attached, snorlax has the opportunity to lure them in and take them out as it OHKOs or 2HKOs every fighting type in the tier, perfect for teams that need an answer to heracross and mienshao, the 2 most used pokemon in UU. Even apart from the obvious abusers of fighting type attacks, there are many pokes such as honchkrow and krookodile who have access to superpower and will go down 1v1 against this snorlax. The EVs go into defence rather than hp because it's designed to take physical hits, namely hi jump kicks and close combats, rather than tank special hits.

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hmm I just thought of this one.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 200 SpD / 16 Spe

Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Crunch

I might just be fucking retarded, especially since I haven't even tested this set yet. The general idea is standard offensive Snorlax but with parafusion. Let's call it Offensive ParaFusion. You switch in on one of the many things that Snorlax shits on like Chandelure, Raikou, etc. Then you set up a Substitute or go for Body Slam, and if you get a lucky paralysis, start parafusing things. 16 Speed EVs allow you to outspeed Jolly max speed Crobat when it is paralyzed. Perfect for the inner troll who wants to make the game less competetive and more luck-based :D

Edit: btw, this set is meant to be an annoying-as-fuck offensive pivot that provides possible paralysis + swagger support, whilst maintaining offensive presence if you where wondering what role it fills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)