The NU Throwdown (sign-up Thread)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
how long do we have, i need to make a team lol

i will be more than likely donating prizes though since most of my recent catches have been nu :)

Supe

would you suck the poison out
how long do we have, i need to make a team lol

i will be more than likely donating prizes though since most of my recent catches have been nu :)
Sign-ups will last for a week. Round 1 will start on Saturday Dec. 5th.

I added you guys, but I wanted to point out that your sigs reminded of a rule I forgot to add. The whole point of doing tourneys on wifi and not on shoddy is to encourage trading on the wifi forum. So, all hacks will be banned.
Alright. Changed my sig, because I don't always use Legal Hacks.

I'll stay in because I have legit Pokes as well.

Supe

I added you to the list, but negator brought up a good point. As I mentioned in the OP, I would prefer people not join if they're just gonna drop out. I will not accept the holidays as an excuse either.

Alright. Changed my sig, because I don't always use Legal Hacks.

I'll stay in because I have legit Pokes as well.
You didn't have to change your sig, I just wanted to point out that hacks are not allowed in this tournament. Glad you;re still in it tho. =)

Me please!!

Also, NU is about to change, and will change again in December, so you should make a list exclusively for this tournament that lasts throughout the tournament (preferably based on November usage statistics and prior to potential bans of suspects).

Edit: Happy to donate prizes as well. No redis though :(

Supe

HG/SS moves are allowed right ?
Yes, HGSS moves are allowed.

I wana join this!

Friend code:3910 0006 5580
1st post eh? Welcome to Smogon! I will add you to the list. Please be sure to read all of the rules and stickies.

Me please!!

Also, NU is about to change, and will change again in December, so you should make a list exclusively for this tournament that lasts throughout the tournament (preferably based on November usage statistics and prior to potential bans of suspects).

Edit: Happy to donate prizes as well. No redis though :(
Thanks for the heads up Diesel. I will take the current NU list and put it into a text box.

As far as prize donation is concerned, you guys can donate whatever you want, but it will be up to you to distribute it to the winners. I will not take responsibility for any undelivered prizes. Just let me know what you're donating and I will add it to the OP.

IMO you should do it based off the November usage statistics, since those will be up by the end of the week.

More importantly, however, there is a significant discrepancy from between what the site lists as NU and what is actually NU. For example, Quagsire (#51 in October) is listed as NU, while Gardevoir (#71 in October) is listed as UU. I would recommend waiting until the new stats are out to avoid any confusion.

Supe

If the new stats wont be posted until the end of the week, then that doesn't really give people enough time to put their team together. Round 1 will start on Saturday, Dec 5th. No exceptions. I am leaning towards using the lists posted right now.

Supe, I'll donate two Victreebels as Prizes:

Victreebel
♂ Lonely - Chlorophyll
28/30/30/31/
15/31 HP ICE 69
Hatched on Route 34
UT HGSS Egg Move: Weather Ball
!

Shiny Victreebel
♂ Lonely - Chlorophyll
31/30/31/30/31/30 Fire 70
Hatched on Floaroma Meadow.
Egg Moves: Worry Seed.

If the new stats wont be posted until the end of the week, then that doesn't really give people enough time to put their team together. Round 1 will start on Saturday, Dec 5th. No exceptions. I am leaning towards using the lists posted right now.
Good point. In that case I would simply make a mark at a certain point on the current (October) usage statistic list. I actually think cutting it off at 4.00% (between #49 Hariyama and #50 Espeon) would be convenient. I'll let you make the call though, it's your tourney and you're not an idiot :P . Basically I just think it would be foolish to use the current NU list as the site says, because it's out of date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)