Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, here's what i propose: Given that only me and zdrup know what the new prize is, we'll do the following.

1) Everyone involved in the SPL posts/is part of at least one warstory (More WS, the higher your chance will be, but don't post crap**).
2) I decide one warstory to which to give the MEP using existing A1-approved guidelines. That WS is then removed from the pool.
3) From the remainder, zdrup and i will choose one pokemon who we believe was used with great skill/proficiency/luck/what have you.
3a) Guidelines for choosing pokemon:
3.1) Well played given circumstances
3.2) Contributions to match outcome
3.3) How well it helped the team

4) The pokemon which we decide fits these categories best will be announced by me after minimal discussion with zdrup.
5) The player with that pokemon will receive the bonus prize*.

So if you want MEP, write a good warstory. Otherwise, you can aim for what's behind door number two. That could be a sheep, a new sports car, zdrup's soul, who knows? Hell, the prize could even be Monty Hall, you'll just have to find out.

*Bonus prize to be announced when we announce the winner.
**If we see a really, utterly pathetically crap warstory, the players in that Warstory will be disqualified from all prizes.

]

**If we see a really, utterly pathetically crap warstory, the players in that Warstory will be disqualified from all prizes.
make sure both players were in on making the warstory. otherwise someone could just post logs of everyone they battled and call them "Warstories" so they could in theory choose who gets the prizes and make one person win everything :P

Hmm, here's what i propose: Given that only me and zdrup know what the new prize is, we'll do the following.

1) Everyone involved in the SPL posts/is part of at least one warstory (More WS, the higher your chance will be, but don't post crap**).
2) I decide one warstory to which to give the MEP using existing A1-approved guidelines. That WS is then removed from the pool.
3) From the remainder, zdrup and i will choose one pokemon who we believe was used with great skill/proficiency/luck/what have you.
3a) Guidelines for choosing pokemon:
3.1) Well played given circumstances
3.2) Contributions to match outcome
3.3) How well it helped the team

4) The pokemon which we decide fits these categories best will be announced by me after minimal discussion with zdrup.
5) The player with that pokemon will receive the bonus prize*.

So if you want MEP, write a good warstory. Otherwise, you can aim for what's behind door number two. That could be a sheep, a new sports car, zdrup's soul, who knows? Hell, the prize could even be Monty Hall, you'll just have to find out.

I will have to think who will be given the new prize and I will edit the OP later with that information as well as posting Round 5. Great Job everyone!

Btw, please read and comment my first Warstory "Battling on the Laboratory"

Wouldn't reading your warstory be scouting? At least for those who haven't battled you or your opponent yet.
No, it's an OU battle that has nothing to do with SPL. And I'll close Round 4 and start Round 5 right now. I'll edit this when it's done.

EDIT: Round 5 is up! I still haven't decided what's the best option about the new prize but I'll do it today.

A couple questions real quick. First, how can I be eliminated this round, but not doom? We're tied. Second, for everyone except Zdrup and Paradox, could you PM me when you schedule your battle so I can watch? :)

A couple questions real quick. First, how can I be eliminated this round, but not doom? We're tied. Second, for everyone except Zdrup and Paradox, could you PM me when you schedule your battle so I can watch? :)
I've already edited that. You know you'll be losing the battle of the Round, don't you? xD

Hi, everyone! This is my first time on Smogon, so be nice.

I'm looking for a scramble challenge with LeafGreen. I have played FireRed several times before, so I have some experience. It should also be known that I tend to powerlevel quite a bit, so please take that fact into consideration when posting.

@Tenori

Bring a Psyduck named "Tenuous"
It may never be the highest or lowest level pokemon on your team and it's level may not exceed that of the next Gym Leader you must fight.

Once it evolves into Golduck it may only use moves that are Special in Gen3 but Physical in Gen4 or vice versa (moves that are physical in gen3 but special in gen4). {e.g. Waterfall and Hyperbeam}

@Tenori Giratina, welcome to Smogon! I give you the Eevee from Celedon, name it Zoros. It must evolve into Flareon, and cannot learn any moves once it evolves.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Here is a little-known story about a Machop.

We all know anything in the Machop family loves to fight, and this applies to the hero of the story, Punch Guy the Machop. Now, Machops, Chokes, and Champs are strict on discipline in their culture, punishing any cheating or dishonorable behavior harshly.

Punch Guy the Machop was born in Rock Tunnel, Kanto, among the Secret Society of Punching Things (a clan of Machops, Chokes, and Champs). The SSPT values elite and high-level fighting among all else, and forbids Machops from learning techniques that normal fighters would know. At the age of 16, a Machop can leave the SSPT to embark on trials in hopes of returning to the SSPT as a much better warrior. Punch Guy, an eager fighter, left his clan on his sixteenth birthday and traveled the world, fighting for his honor.

His most stellar achievement was when he fought a Gym Leader and killed two of her Grass-Type Pokemon. The SSPT acknowledged this achievement and officially allowed Machop to evolve into Machoke.

Now, Punch Guy wanted to ascend the ranks of SSPT culture, so his goal was to become a Machamp and gain the respect of everyone in the SSPT. Punch Guy, however, did not care how he became a Machamp, and started fixing fights to improve his win record. In fact, he allegedly defeated the entire Fighting Dojo by himself. The SSPT allowed him to evolve for defeating so many fighters.

Now, as a Machamp, Punch Guy traveled to Cinnabar Island where he cheated in a fight against Blaine (beating two of his Pokemon), and the SSPT heard of this. The SSPT forbade him from fixing fights ever again, and took away his dignity.

The challenge is as follows:
Take a Level 16 Machop from Rock Tunnel, and name it Punch Guy. It may only know Fighting type moves.
It must solo two of Erika's Pokemon as a Machop.
It must solo the Fighting Dojo as a Machoke
It must solo two of Blaine's Pokemon.
It may not use any Super Effective moves after Blaine

@Tenori

Bring a Psyduck named "Tenuous"
It may never be the highest or lowest level pokemon on your team and it's level may not exceed that of the next Gym Leader you must fight.

Once it evolves into Golduck it may only use moves that are Special in Gen3 but Physical in Gen4 or vice versa (moves that are physical in gen3 but special in gen4). {e.g. Waterfall and Hyperbeam}
Sorry, but I don't think there are any Golducks in LeafGreen. Would you please give me another challenge?

I won 4-0 against Paradox.

GG and I hope you get better!
i can confirm. and if i respond late to anyone's PM or anything related to the SPL i'm sorry, i caught the flu and i feel terrible >_>. maybe now i can finally do the HG scramble i've been putting off for weeks :P

Alright guys, I just finished up both of my scrambles so I will be starting another one. I realized my completely random team sucked ass and wasn't viable, so you guys get to make me 2 teams, one for HG, one for FR. Some basic rules:

1. Trading only to evolve and only in HG.
2. TM's that can only be found once can not be given multiple times.
3. Maximum of 2 Pokemon per each type, including dual types.
4. Make the movesets as creative as you possibly can (try to make them viable still though), with some creative challenges as well, though not impossible. Remember, if you wouldn't do it, don't give it out.
5. Everything must be fully evolved by the E4 if possible.
6. For HG, my starter will be Totodile. I will also not be using Butterfree, Meganium, Azumarill, Steelix, Magcargo or Mantine. No trading from other games, only to evolve since I can abuse the GTS in this game.
7. For LG, my starter will be Bulbasaur. I will also not be using Cloyster, Blastoise, Nidoqueen, Clefable, Hitmonlee or Farfetch'd. No trading at all.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
@Tenori Giratina: Take Charmander as your starter. It must solo Brock's Geodude WITHOUT using Metal Claw. It must solo five Trainers in a row on Cycling Road WITHOUT FAINTING before it can evolve into Charizard. As a Charizard, it cannot battle Lorelei, your rival, or any Team Rocket member. This includes but is not limited to Giovanni and the Rockets on Five Isle. At no point can it learn Flamethrower or Fire Blast.

@Dexington: Catch a Mantine, and put in your box. It will be your cheerleader. This is not a team member.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Tenori Giratina, I give you a Snorlax. It immediately becomes friends with any Abra you meet because of the similar way they live (asleep), and so will not fight against Sabrina's Gym, unless it is your last Pokemon. In this case, a Kadabra (or something) attacks it and it goes on a rampage, now hating Abras, and so it must kill any wild Abra you see. It must also solo the Fighting Dojo, to prove that a normal type Pokemon is not completely useless. Finally, you can never use items on this Snorlax: to recover status or HP, it must use Rest, and wake up normally.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Tenori Giratina, I give you a Snorlax. It immediately becomes friends with any Abra you meet because of the similar way they live (asleep), and so will not fight against Sabrina's Gym, unless it is your last Pokemon. In this case, a Kadabra (or something) attacks it and it goes on a rampage, now hating Abras, and so it must kill any wild Abra you see. It must also solo the Fighting Dojo, to prove that a normal type Pokemon is not completely useless. Finally, you can never use items on this Snorlax: to recover status or HP, it must use Rest, and wake up normally.
Conflicts with an earlier requirement.

@Tenori, my bad. I saw the "Fire Red" in your statement and apparently blazed past which version you were actually doing.

Instead, bring Slowpoke. Name him Atrocious. Your Slowpoke thinks that he is a 17 year old Gyarados. He may only know attacking moves that are between 80-100 BP (Including STAB, no Surf in battle). He must solo Sabrina to evolve.

If you evolve to Slowking instead of Slowbro you must change his name to F.M.M (found my marbles) and immediately change his moveset to a gen3 or 4 competitive Slowking Set from the Smogon page. If you evolve to Slowbro, nothing changes.

@Dexington: in HG bring Atheno the female Remoraid. It must Solo one of Claire's Dragonairs to evolve and evolve at THAT SPECIFIC BATTLE. Upon evolution immediately replace all of Atheno's moves. Any moves it had may not be recovered at any point. After it evolves all of its attacking moves must either a)all receive STAB or b)not have any STAB.
in LG bring a Pinsir. You must catch it in the SaFAILi Zone. It may not be the first or the last Pokemon you catch on that excursion. Name FerCereal. To learn a TM it must participate in the gym leader battle of that TMs type. If that type does not have a gym leader you must substitute another Gym Leader. The fighting Dojo only counts if you do not use Sabrina for either purpose (lol, gen 3 pinsir with psychic moves)

Athenodoros

Conflicts with an earlier requirement.
Which? Is it something to do with the dojo?

And I beat Auramaster 2-0

And @Dexington: You get a Rhyperior for HG. I think you can get Rhyhorns from the Safari Zone. However, you hit its head when you threw rocks at it and it thinks it is Palmer's Rhyperior from DP. Palmer's Rhyperior know Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Rock Wrecker, has an expert belt and has Solid Rock. This is what your Rhyperior has to copy, although to save you days at the Game Corner, you may use Fire Blast, Blizzard and Thunder instead.

Lost to Atheno 2-0 due to IMO a HUGE team disadvantage and poor play on my part. Still can't believe someone gave you <snip>...Anyway, he played great and deserved the win.

@Dexington, for HG, take a Hoothoot named Shiny. This Hoothoot once flew through an open window into a house in Cherrygrove City, and happened to watch Ash Ketchum fight with his shiny Noctowl. From that moment on, it has constantly strived to be more like that Noctowl, so it can only use moves that Ash's Noctowl has used. It also must hold a yellow item as soon as possible, cause Ash's Noctowl is yellow. Once it evolves, it becomes even more devoted, and refuses to even know about a move, that Ash's Noctowl doesn't know. In addition, it craves to watch Ash more, so you must watch every TV in every city in Johto, with Shiny in your party.

After seeing every Johto episode, it decides that Ash wasn't as nice to his Noctowl as you are to Shiny. While Ash's Noctowl is still very influencial, Shiny decides to try and find his own identity a little.

Meaning: Catch a Hoothoot named Shiny. It can only use moves that Ash's Noctowl used. Once it evolves, it can't even know any moves unless Ash's Noctowl used them. After viewing every TV in Johto with Shiny in your party, change its nickname to Forisia, it can hold any item it wants, and it must learn one move that Ash's Noctowl doesn't know.

For LG, take a Mankey named Rargo. After leaving Mt. Moon, it cannot use any level up moves, or know more then two physical moves, to prove that it's not just any normal Mankey. It also can't evolve unless its ability activates, and must show its strength by attempting to solo Sabrina. If it succeeds on the first try, you can teach it any moves you want.

Athenodoros

I think its for Dexington. Don't you already have 6?

And Dexington, for LG I give you a Pidgey (nothing like a bit of nostalgia for the old hands). It must learn and keep fly, and must solo Giovanni's last Pokemon as a Pidgeot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)