Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
me and rodan have been doing a scramble of sorts for gym leader castle in pokemon stadium 2

talk about some hardass shit

Wait, Dexington. I can replace? Heartgold, right?

Heartgold:
Take a Smeargle, and name it Paint Guy. It likes to use Sketch.

You must use it against each gym leader's main pokemon, and sketch the first move it uses. If Smeargle dies before sketching a move, it may not use that moveslot again. Ever.

If you think you will outspeed the pokemon, then you are allowed to use an item on the first turn to preserve Sketch's only PP.
Again, the only ones left are Totodile and Bulbasaur for HG and FR respectively :P

Dexington, for Heart Gold, this will be your Totodile. Nickname it Jaws, it must get Ice Fang and evolve to Croconaw by Azalea Town, and it must keep Ice Fang forever. Must learn Crunch before evolving to Feraligatr, must solo the Blackthorn Gym with Ice Fang alone, except for Clair's Kingdra without going to the Pokécenter to replenish Ice Fang PP. (That means visit the center ASAP before you take on the gym.) It needs to use Whirlpool in Dragon's Den, after that you must use Move Deleter in Blackthorn to replace Whirlpool for Waterfall. The final move before the elites has to be Superpower or Earthquake.

Edit: Wait, SR for a -spat nature.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Its A Random, how cruel, leaving Faricimo out of all the action :( If it's too weak, you could use Screech to lower the opponent's Defense, instead of the inaccurate sing.
Yeah true, instead of relying of shite 55% accuracy. At least it can move boulders, so it's not completely useless...Metapod is a bit on the weak side too...Couldn't hurt to grind them...

HG
-HG bring Atheno the female Remoraid. It must Solo one of Claire's Dragonairs to evolve and evolve at THAT SPECIFIC BATTLE. Upon evolution immediately replace all of Atheno's moves. Any moves it had may not be recovered at any point. After it evolves all of its attacking moves must either a)all receive STAB or b)not have any STAB. (From Vratix)

-Rhyperior for HG. I think you can get Rhyhorns from the Safari Zone. However, you hit its head when you threw rocks at it and it thinks it is Palmer's Rhyperior from DP. Palmer's Rhyperior know Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Rock Wrecker, has an expert belt and has Solid Rock. This is what your Rhyperior has to copy, although to save you days at the Game Corner, you may use Fire Blast, Blizzard and Thunder instead. (from athenodoros)

-Catch a Hoothoot named Shiny. It can only use moves that Ash's Noctowl used. Once it evolves, it can't even know any moves unless Ash's Noctowl used them. After viewing every TV in Johto with Shiny in your party, change its nickname to Forisia, it can hold any item it wants, and it must learn one move that Ash's Noctowl doesn't know. (from auramaster)

-catch an Oddish. It must always know Sweet Scent, and will evolve into Vileplume if female, Bellossom if male. (yaya0)

- Epic the Dunsparce, Sunny Day, SolarBeam, Iron Tail, Earthquake. Highest Level, appear in every gym battle. (addiethunder)

-Totodile. Name it Croc. Must have -Atk Nature and know Scary Face/Screech, WaterGun/Ice Beam, Crunch/Superpower, Roar/Protect/Swagger. Croconaw has to solo 3 gym leader mains to evolve. (Its a Random)

FR
-LG bring a Pinsir. You must catch it in the SaFAILi Zone. It may not be the first or the last Pokemon you catch on that excursion. Name FerCereal. To learn a TM it must participate in the gym leader battle of that TMs type. If that type does not have a gym leader you must substitute another Gym Leader. The fighting Dojo only counts if you do not use Sabrina for either purpose (lol, gen 3 pinsir with psychic moves) (from Vratix)

-Mankey named Rargo. After leaving Mt. Moon, it cannot use any level up moves, or know more then two physical moves, to prove that it's not just any normal Mankey. It also can't evolve unless its ability activates, and must show its strength by attempting to solo Sabrina. If it succeeds on the first try, you can teach it any moves you want. (From Auramaster)

-Pidgey (nothing like a bit of nostalgia for the old hands). It must learn and keep fly, and must solo Giovanni's last Pokemon as a Pidgeot. (From athenodoros)

-Sandshrew from Route 4. It must be your highest level Pokemon for the battle with Misty, and it must solo Misty's Starmie to evolve to Sandslash. After you defeat Giovanni in Viridian City, it must have the following moveset: Earthquake, Hyper Beam, Iron Tail, Sandstorm. (Sprocket)

-I'll give you a Raticate. It must be caught in a Great Ball, on Route 1. Once it learns Endeavor, it must use it every time it switches in. It must never forget Focus Energy once it has evolved. (yaya0)

-Bulbasaur named Blissey. Knows Toxic, Leech Seed, Stun Spore/Sleep Powder (with sleep clause), any attacking move. Calm nature. Solo a gym leader's main other than B or M to evolve into Ivy. Solo Sabrina or an Elite 4 member to evolve into Venus. (Iggdrasil)

I will start on these after I am done my exams this week.

Alright, I am giving up on my FireRed Scramble for awhile because I cannot get through Silph Co. Still keeping the save file though. I will instead start a Scramble on Platinum!

Again, no Hidden Power rules and please no tasks that will require serious grinding. No major evolution rules either (i.e. never evolving a near-worthless Pokemon like Horsea). Sorry for being so picky this time. :B

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
On Platinum, take a Lickitung. It was recently admitted into rehab for an obsession to lick things, so it may not learn Power Whip. It may evolve because it learned Rollout, so to commemorate learning Rollout, Lickilicky may not forget it. It must not forget Me First either.

It must be on the following levels at each Gym (challenging the Leader), and solo one of them.

Pastoria: 33
Canalave: 37
Snowpoint: 40
Sunyshore: 46
At the Elite Four: 49.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Soon after you got your eighth badge, you realised that you needed another pokemon to complete a full team for the league. So you realise that you should use that Riolu egg that someone gave you back on the island-mountain-thing. When it hatches, you must add up the Attack stats and Sp. Attack stats of your team, and Riolu can only learn attacks of the lower result you get (say Sp. Att. sums to 200, and Att. sums to 220, Riolu can only learn special moves), to show that it completes your team, and it must solo Lucian of the elite four, to show that it was as useful as you thought.

You will get one of my favorite challenges that i never heard back from unfortunately.
Catch a staryu. Name it "Ninja Star." It must learn and keep camoflauge. In order to to evolve, it must have used camflauge succesfully in every possible terrain group. Whenever Ninja Star is sent out, it must first use cammoflauge successfully before doing anything else. have fun with stab!

HEY, AURAMASTER HERE WITH A STUNNING NEW GARCHOMP! THAT'S RIGHT, ANYONE DOING A PLATINUM SCRAMBLE CAN GET THIS INCREDIBLY POWERFUL BEAST, RIGHT NOW! WATCH, AS I DEMONSTRATE ITS POWER BY HAVING IT ATTACK A TRUE DEFENSIVE TANK!

GARCHOMP USED STONE EDGE!
IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!
SHEDINJA LOST 738,000% OF ITS HEALTH!
SHEDINJA FAINTED!
WHAT POWER! AND THAT'S NOT ALL! YOUR NEW GARCHOMP CAN'T USE STAB PHYSICAL MOVES, SO IT'S LEGAL IN OU PLAY! NOW YOU CAN TAKE YOUR FAVORITE DRAGON TO YOUR FAVORITE LADDER, NO PROBLEM! AND THAT'S NOT ALL! GARCHOMP'S SO DIVERSE, HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW MORE THEN ONE MOVE OF EACH TYPE, AND HE'S STILL DOMINATING! NOTHING CAN STOP HIM FROM WINNING ALL YOUR BATTLES! BUT CALL NOW, AND I'LL DOUBLE THE OFFER! YOU GET TWO GIBLE'S FOR THE PRICE OF ONE, FREE! ONE CAN HELP WITH CHORES AROUND THE WORLD, CLEANING UP ROCKS AND TREES, WHILE THE OTHER DESTROYS EVERYTHING!

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! I'LL EVEN THROW IN NICKNAMES, FOR FREE! RIGHT NOW, FOR ONE LUCKY VIEWER, YOU CAN TAKE HOME VRADO THE FIGHTER, AND REGOR THE CHORE DOER! CALL RIGHT NOW!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Alright, I am giving up on my FireRed Scramble for awhile because I cannot get through Silph Co. Still keeping the save file though. I will instead start a Scramble on Platinum!
Congratulations! You get a MEP.

In other words, you get a Pachirisu that can only know Electric-type moves.

Alright, I need one more rule, and it has to be a starter one, since I don't have one of those yet. Any starter is allowed! c:

EDIT: I've just realized that Staryu can only be found with the Super Rod and only has a 5% chance of being found. Replacement Pokemon please? Preferably one that can get Fly.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay, Chocolate-Kipp, here's your Pokemon.

EDIT: Damn it! Oh, well, you need a starter, so here it is.

Take a Turtwig & name it Twig. It must know & keep this moveset before reaching Giratina:

• Curl Up: Withdraw/Curse
  • Nature Potion: Leech Seed/Synthesis
  • Grass Bomb: Giga Drain/Leaf Storm
  • Tortoise Power: Crunch/Earthquake
Turtwig can evolve whenever, but Grotle must solo 3 Gym leader Main Pokemon to evolve.

Have fun! :)

Chocolate, it's your lucky day. To celebrate the Scramble Challenge thread's 123rd page, you shall get...

THE 123 CHALLENGE! (dun dun dun)

You get a Hippopotus, which evolves into Hippowdon, the 123rd poke in the Platinum dex. It's Moveset consists of the first 3 TMs in the list that it can learn (Water Pulse lol, Roar and Toxic). It must learn them in that order. The final move in the set must have a power that at least contains 2 numbers in the "123" series.

But that isn't all! It's nature must begin with ether a, b or c (the alphabet equivelent of 123). The first one you catch with the ABC nature, that is your Hippo, ie you can't just hunt specifically for an Adament one etc. To evolve into Hippowdon, it must solo the main/signature pokemon of three consecuative gym leaders (get it, consecuative=123? I know, I'm SO funny).

Good luck.

EDIT: lol, i turned up on the 124th page. So much for "the moment".

Ok guys, the deadline has passed. I will update the OP with the last result I have and Round 6.
Because it's the first time this happens, I will give Dexington and vikingraider an extension.

This was probably the worst time of the month to try to get a battle, what with Thanksgiving and exams. We are battling tonight though.

Updating with my rules. Will also use this post for team.

1.) Lickitung, no Power Whip, must keep Rollout and Me First. Levels by Gym must be:
Pastoria - 33/Canalave - 37/Snowpoint - 40/Sunyshore - 46/Elite Four - 49. Solo at least one of the Gym Leaders. -DetroitLolcat
2.) Turtwig, "Twig", must know these moves before Giratina:
-Withdraw/Curse
-Leech Seed/Synthesis
-Giga Drain/Leaf Storm
-Crunch/Earthquake
Evolve into Grotle anytime, evolve again after soloing three Gym Leader's strongest Pokemon. -Its_A_Random
3.) Gible, no physical STAB, no moves of same type. -auramaster
4.) Pachirisu, "MEP2", only Electric moves, can never be the lowest-leveled Pokemon in party, if it is nothing else can be trained until it is second-weakest. -Sprocket
5.) Hippopotas, "123", moveset must be Water Pulse, Roar and Toxic in that order plus move with Base Power of something with any two numbers in the chain of 123 (120 is the only option if I'm right). Nature must start with A, B or C, evolve by soloing three Gym Leader's highest-leveled Pokemon consecutively. -Iggdrasil
6.) Riolu, "Lucy" or "Sven", don't hatch/use until eighth Gym Leader beaten, add Attack and Special Attack of team, only allowed to use lower result. Must solo Lucian. -Athenodoros

Donny, Gabite (male), @nothing
Lv38, Brave, Sand Veil.
-Sandstorm
-Aerial Ace
-Slash
-Shadow Claw

COVERAGE KING. Okay, not really. I use him quite often though, despite him being tied for second-weakest team member.

Michael, Lickilicky (male), @nothing
Lv38, Lax, Own Tempo.
-Rollout
-Rock Smash
-Surf
-Strength
HM WHORE WHO IS USEFUL. Well, not so much anymore. I use him when most things against Flying-types or Fire-types if Pachirisu and Torterra are dead.

MEP2, Pachirisu (male), @nothing
Lv41, Relaxed, Pickup.
-Charm
-Cut
-Spark
-Discharge

I don't use Charm or Cut in battle, but I'm too lazy to get rid of Charm so yeah. Use him more than Torterra ironically.

Twig, Torterra (male), @Quick Claw
Lv43, Docile, Overgrow.
-Curse
-Synthesis
-Earthquake
-

This guy is definitely the MVP, even though I don't use him too much. No fourth move because I got rid of Rock Smash.

1-2-3, Hippopotas (male), @Smoke Ball
Lv22, Quiet, Sand Stream.
-Yawn
-Protect
-Sunny Day
-Toxic

Sunny Day Hippopotas is horribly ironic. Sorry about the nature, forgot about that restriction. :x LVP.

We're currently on our way to Snowpoint, which is probably why I'm not going to get another Hippopotas (I have no Fly users D:). Should be finished with this Scramble by the end of a week.

I'm taking a break from LG for a while, so I guess I'll do a Ruby Scramble.

- Nothing completely worthless (like a Feebas that can't evolve)
- I'll need a Water HM-whore.
- No names.

1) Chicken the Torchic: may become Combusken anytime, but must solo 3 gym mains to become Blaziken; before battling Groudon, must know the following:
Flamethrower/Blaze Kick/Ember
Quick Attack/Double Kick/Slash
Mirror Move/Peck
Bulk Up/Focus Energy - ItsARandom
2) Mawile: solo Tate & Liza; may use a healing item whenever opponent does; must learn a TM when fainted; TM move must be weaker than whatever attack it replaces; must know at least 2 attacks - Vratix
3) Magikarp: Water HM whoar; no level-up moves after evolving - Sprocket
4) Zangoose: must fight 4 Pokemon in a row after being caught; final moveset must have one move of each of those Pokemon's types; if KO'd by one of them, it may not learn a move of that type unless already obtained. - Dexington
5) Scarecrow the Cacnea: may not switch out until it evolves; must learn at least 2 attacks; it may not evolve until it KOs 10 Pokemon with Ingrain and Leech Seed in effect - Dummy007
6) Bagon: may not learn recoil moves; No STAB until it becomes Salamence - ungulateman

Updated the OP with the results and Round 6.

Also, off topic, I tried to make an official version of SPL but it wasn't accepted by the Tournament Directors. Just so you guys know

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
NeilKosugi,you get a Magikarp as your Water HM whore! You may evolve it to Gyarados at any time, but it can only learn TM/HM moves once it evolves. It can never learn a level-up move after evolving.
I know what the MEP is, Treadshot, and I will get my own tyvm. <3
I was gonna be nice with the MEP, and not put any crazy special restrictions on it beyond the moveset. Any other crazy restrictions you want to self-impose, though, is fine by me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)