Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty then.

Take a Houndour. No more than one attacking move at a time. It may only eat Gummis for types that it is weak to (i.e. Water, Fighting, Rock). Name him "J-D-O-G".

PMD challenges seem hard to give out, haha.

@kirby: Yep, basically the elemental punchs. I just wanted to type it in a more... interesting way?

reserve for auramaster

EDIT: Damn it Kadabra, I was gonna give him a team name!

EDIT2: You get "Gnarly" the Geo, Dude. This guy, is like, a surfer by heart man. So, like, it's gotta participate in all water themed dungeons, right? So then, you know, surfers like variety, dude. It's gotta have all diff'rent type move then, eh bro? Also, like, surfers want huge waves, like, all the time their lookin' for 'em, eh? So its gotta finish off 10 pokes of a size 3 stars or bigger bro. Last thing bro, "dude" also means, like, a camels thingy. So lastly "Gnarly's" gotta learn one ground type move and keep it forever and ever, eh?

Peace Out!

Recap if you didn't understand a word I said:

-Take a Geodude, NN "Gnarly" (Male would be preferable)
-Must participate in every battle in every water themed dungeon (note the word participate. He doesn't have to be there the whole time.)
-Must learn all different type moves.
-Can only learn one ground type move ever after it's befriended, must keep that move forever.
-Must finish off 10 pokemon 3 stars or bigger in size (if this is too hard, tell me and I'll change this bit)

Good luck, Have fun!

EDITAGAIN: Team Name: "Team" (Team Team Rescue Team, yeah! Mystery Dungeon 1 memories flowing back.... now. Ahhhh...)

Kid Kadabra's name is too long. Both of you can edit a name in, and I'll pick whichever one sounds the best. Will edit this with my team after Iggdrasil gives my last member.

Evil X said:
@auramaster Your starter is Meowth. Meowth must KO every boss with Scratch. If you fail, you must restart the entire dungeon with out any reviver seed. You can use reviver seeds in dungeons with out a boss (if you feel like it). For an added challenge, you can't go up or down stairs unless Meowth's Hp is full and you can't use any recovery item on him.
Fire Blast said:
@auramaster: your partner must be cyndaquil. Cynidaquil must eat at least one of each kind of gummy. He cannot eat more than 2 apples in a dungeon untill he has eatan one kind of gummy. He cannot use the shove against boss pokemon untill he has eaten 2 kinds of gummies. You cannot use the bank or item storage untill he has eaten 5 kinds of gummies. He canot train in Makuhita's training dojo untill he has eaten 7 kinds of gummies. He cannot use TMs untill he has eaten 10 kinds of gummies. He cannot evolve untill eating every kind of gummy.
Its A Random said:
auramaster, take a Gligar & name it Capers. It may not know any TM moves initially. For each Monster House it solos, It must replace one of its moves with a TM Move. Have it lead the party at Stormy Sea, at a level below 40 (Upon entry), & with a maximum of 2 Reviver Seeds. If you clear the dungeon on the first try, all move restrictions are removed. Fail this, & it must hold a Cheri Berry to fight & have the Exclusive Move User IQ skill on. When it doesn't have one, all moves must be turned off.
loudkirbyking said:
Also, for Auramaster, since nobody's giving you stuff, take a Scyther. It cannot use Agility, and must keep Slash, and Leer. The other two moves must be attacking, and must be contact moves. Nickname it "Knight".
chocolate-kipp said:
Take a Houndour. No more than one attacking move at a time. It may only eat Gummis for types that it is weak to (i.e. Water, Fighting, Rock). Name him "J-D-O-G".
Iggdrasil said:
You get "Gnarly" the Geo, Dude. This guy, is like, a surfer by heart man. So, like, it's gotta participate in all water themed dungeons, right? So then, you know, surfers like variety, dude. It's gotta have all diff'rent type move then, eh bro? Also, like, surfers want huge waves, like, all the time their lookin' for 'em, eh? So its gotta finish off 10 pokes of a size 3 stars or bigger bro. Last thing bro, "dude" also means, like, a camels thingy. So lastly "Gnarly's" gotta learn one ground type move and keep it forever and ever, eh?

Peace Out!
Team name: Team (Sorry Kadabra, you logged off and I didn't want to wait until tomorrow)

Thanks everyone

EDIT at Iggdrasil: Yes

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
When did this pmd stuff start?
Miss me? course not
I take credit for this, as I only did it for a 600th post celebration, I appear to have started something...

@Kipp: Do Explorers of Darkness, you have access to 4th Gen Pokes and...yeah...

EDIT so I don't pointlessly raise my postcount: @Son_of_Shadoo: Yeah, you did make the thread, until you posted it up, I had never thought of doing one...You take credit for starting it up.

@ auramaster: fine, you can use berries to heal and it doesn't have to be exactly full. As long as it is over half health, it is fine.
If you still find this drudgery, (i don't know why you would because you did want a difficult challenge for your dungeons) here is the challenge to replace it. Meowth is a coward, so get through non-boss dungeons as fast as you can and fighting the least amount of pokemon possible. I'll be racing you through those dungeons to give you a goal. If you beat my time and the amount of pokemon fought, you get an extra try with reviver seeds against the next boss.

EDIT: I will only do dungeons before fighting rayquaza because the after game relies on befriending legendaries and I am not good at that part and I do not have the patience to go through a 99 floors long dungeon.

I've been thinking of a PMD Scramble for a while, though I did choose to post it now because everyone was thinking about it.

@Evil X, I said the no healing part was fine. I just didn't want to have to run around until I'm at full health. However, after seeing how fast health restores while walking around (5 times faster then I expected!), I'll accept the original challenge.

Alright, I'm doing Explorers of Darkness. My starter Pokemon will be Charmander, Bulbasaur or Cyndaquil, and everything else can be chosen. I need a partner Pokemon and four others. Everything must be obtainable before I get transported to the future (although I don't remember when this is as I haven't played through in a long time, sorry!).

You get "KABOOM!" the Charmander as the leader (which is you). He can only learn fire type moves with the exception of Smokescreen and Rock Slide. Must hold a Blast Seed at all times, and must use 3 Blast seeds in every dungeon. If you lose the Blast Seed you are holding, you can only use one attack of choice and "the nudge" untill you get it back. Just for kicks, it must solo one of the Luxios at the Luxray boss fight, one of the Sableyes at the Dusknoir boss fight, and one of the extra pokemon in the Darkrai boss fight (If your going that far).

Good luck, have fun!

By "the nudge," I assume you mean Smokescreen or Rock Slide. Either way, that will work!
Someone give me my partner now, lol. Preferring Piplup, Torchic or Totodile.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kipp, I'll give you a challenge soon enough. "The Nudge" or "The Shove" as I call it, is the basic attack in the PMD Series.

EDIT: Okay, Recruit yourself a Vibrava during your first trip to Quicksand Cave (Its base Recruitment rate is 0.5%) & name it Shaker.
It must know & keep Screech & Dragonbreath & may not evolve. Have it lead the party through Aegis Cave & there it must solo 3 Pokemon in the Regigigas battle. Failure to do this will result in it having all its IQ abilities turned off.

Have fun...

@kipp, since it seems noone else is going to give you a partner, I will. Your partner is a totodile named Dark Odile. Before it can use any water attacks you must clear either the electric or grass dungeon in the training dojo without Dark fainting.
Good luck.

I was hoping for a challenge involving the Dojo, haha. Will do! Adding all my challenges into this post.

• You get "KABOOM!" the Charmander as the leader (which is you). He can only learn fire type moves with the exception of Smokescreen and Rock Slide. Must hold a Blast Seed at all times, and must use 3 Blast seeds in every dungeon. If you lose the Blast Seed you are holding, you can only use one attack of choice and "the nudge" untill you get it back. Just for kicks, it must solo one of the Luxios at the Luxray boss fight, one of the Sableyes at the Dusknoir boss fight, and one of the extra pokemon in the Darkrai boss fight (If your going that far). -Iggdrasil
  • Okay, Recruit yourself a Vibrava during your first trip to Quicksand Cave (Its base Recruitment rate is 0.5%) & name it Shaker.
    It must know & keep Screech & Dragonbreath & may not evolve. Have it lead the party through Aegis Cave & there it must solo 3 Pokemon in the Regigigas battle. Failure to do this will result in it having all its IQ abilities turned off. -Its_A_Random
  • since it seems noone else is going to give you a partner, I will. Your partner is a totodile named Dark Odile. Before it can use any water attacks you must clear either the electric or grass dungeon in the training dojo without Dark fainting.
    Good luck. -Dark Ray
  • Recruit a Bagon. It is an Amish Bagon, so it cannot eat man made foodstuffs like Gummis or Vitamins, and cannot use fancy technologies like TMs. It's angry for living in places like Treasure Town, so take to Electivire and give it Rage. It lived by creating fire, so it must always know Ember. -DetroitLolcat
  • take a Tangela named Knott. If it uses any move besides "The Shove" (Looks more like Tackle to me), it must keep that move forever. -auramaster
  • Take a Pineco. Pineco must always keep the move Tackle untill he he has eaten every type of seed in the game. -Fire Blast
Still need one more.

@chocolote-kipp, you get Weird the Oddish. He must know an odd number of moves of each type he learns and and even number of move types. He does drugs, so he must learn 2 powder based moves. Finally, as a hippie, he gets scared in battle, so if he damages the opponent directly other than the shove, you must immediately switch him to go the opposite direction of you for 2 turns, so he can get over the fact that he did damage to a living thing

So the moveset will be like:
Poison powder, sleep powder, Two poison/two grass moves so that there are 2 types and 1 and 3 moves of each type

Bolded things were typos, or forgot to add

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Recruit a Bagon. It is an Amish Bagon, so it cannot eat man made foodstuffs like Gummis or Vitamins, and cannot use fancy technologies like TMs. It's angry for living in places like Treasure Town, so take to Electivire and give it Rage. It lived by creating fire, so it must always know Ember.

@chocolate-kipp, take a Tangela named Knott. If it uses any move besides "The Shove" (Looks more like Tackle to me), it must keep that move forever.

I will do a challenge on HG. Here's my rules:
I figured out how to pokesav'd Pokemon onto my DS without using action replay or something. I have been thinking about restarting my HG for a while (I have my beastly SS game). So how I want this to go. You pick ANY pokemon with ANY moves, nature, IVs, EVs, moves, nickname, trainer name, trainer ID, anything! Get creative! A Magikarp with Water Absorb and Hydro Pump? Ditto with a move other than transform? I will use the first six Pokemon until I beat the first gym, but I will keep them in my box. If you want, I'll give you the Pokemon you made for free! I'll rotate my Pokemon after every other Gym and make the new Pokemon's level the same as the Pokemon it will replace, so everyone can have a guy on my team. And don't worry, I will use your guy, even if he is terrible. I will try to keep the Pokemon's levels even.

Here's the Pokemon fill-out sheet:
Pokemon:
Nickname:
Moves:
Ability:
Nature:
EV's:
IV's:
Trainer Number:
Trainer Name:

If no EV's, IV's, Trainer Number, or Trainer Name are specified, I will default all 85 EV's, 20 IV's, 00000, and your smogon name (as close as I can get it)

Need 24 Pokemon!
Jhoto Gyms 1-4
1. Mew
2. Magikarp
3. Charizard
4. Forretress
5. Feraligatr
6. Drowzee
Jhoto Gyms 5-8
7. Alakazam
8. Miltank
9. Staraptor
10. Slaking
11. Ampharos
12. Zapdos
Elite 4, 4 Kanto Gyms
13. Spiritomb
14. Rhypherior
15. Walrein
16. Politoed
18. Empoleon
4 Kanto Gyms, Red
19. Alakazam
20. Unown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)