Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the fact that I am currently on an iPhone, I must make this short. Axemaster and TyranitarPhantom, can you keep me updated about Trusty and Jacky respectively? To everyone else, I believe that I need just two more Pokemon for my HeartGold challenge, preferably a water type that can effectively use both Surf and Waterfall. Blossom will be my Strengther because it has too much PP for BunBun to handle. Good night guys, I am going to sleep now because my tired brain is currently slower than a Shuckle with 0IVs and EVs in speed, a -speed nature, paralyzed, -6 speed, and holding an iron ball.

King Serperior, since I am the meanest person in this thread, I'm going to be mean and give you a Dratini. Name it whatever you want.

This Dratini cannot be the one from Dragon's Den with Extremespeed (if you do use this one, you can't use Extremespeed, nor whatever move is in Move Slot 4). As soon as you catch it (or as a Dragonair, who cares). Stick it in the Day Care, and let it level up 10 levels or more. When you take it out, whatever moves it has is what you're stuck with (so hope the Day Care doesn't delete anything good, and make sure you leave it in long enough to get some good moves). No TM's may be used on it. If it can learn a HM (I'm too lazy to check) then that's fine.

You may redeem Dratini as a prize at Goldenrod if you wish. Dratini must solo Lance.

King Serperior:...Or I'm crazy, or Trusty is my mon! But I'll keep it updated as soon as I start playing with it
Sorry about that, Guy. If you look back at that post, you'll see that I said that my brain was moving about as fast as that Shuckle. ThreadShot, if I use that Dratini(naming it A1 after you), after I get it out of the daycare, I can evolve it and teach it waterfall and/or surf, right?

BrazillianGuy, did you accept that last mInute restriction on Trusty? It is optional, but I thought that it would put an interesting twist on the final battle. Also, everyone, I need just one more teammate for my HeartGold Scramble.

Current team and restrictions:
1. Scyther(needs a nickname, someone): If its ability is swarm, all moves must be under 60BP. If its ablity is Technician, all moves must be over 60BP. must solo Jasmine.
2. Chikorita(Blossom): Must learn and keep the move Natural Gift ASAP. The number of trainer-owned pokemon soloed using only Natural Gift divided by two equals the number of times it can evolve. Must solo one pokemon from three E4 members.
3. Buneary(BunBun): Can only use moves with 5PP. Must use special moves when possible. Must solo 1 gym leader with NVE attacks.
4. Sandshrew(TucknRoll): Must learn and keep the moves Rollout and Rapid Spin ASAP. To evolve, it muse solo 5 pokemon using only Rapid Spin and solo 20 pokemon using only Rollout. Must use Rapid Spin or Rollout first when sent out. Must solo Whitney, Lt. Surge, and Blaine.
5. Dratini(needs a nickname, someone): Cannot be the Dratini given at the Dragon's Den. Must catch Dratini(or Dragonair if I get lucky) and put said pokemon in the Daycare for at least 10 levels. Once withdrawn from the Dacare, it must keep all moves that it currently knows. May never learn TMs but HMs are allowed. Must solo Lance.
6. Reserved for bwburke94

@King Serperior:

You get Pikachu, or rather, Ash's Pikachu. Must be male. He can only use moves that have been used by Ash's Pikachu and can be learned by a Pikachu. The full list is: ThunderShock, Thunderbolt, Agility, Quick Attack, Thunder, and Iron Tail. (Note that Volt Tackle is not on the list as it requires breeding.) He cannot evolve for obvious reasons. Must solo at least one Gym Leader OR solo Red's Pikachu and Venusaur. Must hold Light Ball. Nickname is GODCHU in all caps.

If and only if you are doing a Johto-only run, you instead get w00ter the Wooper. Can only evolve if it solos three gym leaders. Cannot use STAB. Held item is Exp. Share. You must hope that your B button doesn't break.

------------
Two more hints on my Platinum theme scramble posted!

PLATINUM THEME SCRAMBLE HINTS:

Hint #1: It will be a themed scramble of Platinum.
Hint #2: I will be using 4 Pokémon, each themed after a character from a certain video game I have played.
Hint #3: The game the characters are themed after isn't too complex, but it is advanced. (Yes, this means Game Boy Advance.)
Hint #4: It is not a Zelda game.

The first person (besides those I have told in advance) that guesses the video game and characters correctly (via a PM to me, so this thread isn't spammed) will get to assign one of the Pokémon. Given that a large number of people on this thread don't spell that well, I'll accept misspellings.

You may now PM me with guesses. Maximum 2 guesses per person.

Incorrect guesses so far:

Pika25 guessed the four Links from Zelda: Four Swords Adventures after 2 hints were given. That is incorrect.

There is a major problem bwburke, I have ZERO LIGHT BALLS and I am not doing a Johto-only run. Different Challenge please? I'll reserve the last team slot for you.

Not only did you misspell its name, but it's Kanto-only, assuming you don't have a Pokéwalker. This does mean you won't be at a 6-5 advantage against the Elite Four. You did say you can trade though, right?

Sorry about its misspelling, I was distracted while typing. I just remembered that you can catch Yanma in the Great Marsh, so I am farming for one with the ability Compoundeyes. Will teach it thief and will use it on every Pikachu in the Backlot Garden.

King Serperior: Yes, I do

But can you please edit on the original post of Trusty??(because I don't want to put two posts for one pokémon in the OP of my challenge)(the original post is the one after you add the Pepper ;D)

And can you please edit the name of the SCyther on the post 11957??? Syther almost burned my eyes.

^^

Edit: And I still need on pokémon, originally from 4th gen, that must solo Roark and Bertha, for my very hard Platinum Scramble

Brazilian Guy, take a Budew named Clover on Route 204. It must solo Roark as a Budew, using only Absorb. As a Roserade, it must solo Bertha with only Giga Drain, with no Big Root or boosting item, at no higher than Level 40. Don't use Growth or X items during either solo. Good luck.

Edit: I'm afraid this contradicts your rules. You have to reject this.

Accepting it, but I won't catch it in a determined route, I'll only catch because I need at least two mons obeing me before making the babies.

Now that it's done, I'll finish my Pearl(blah, just the last gym and the e4) and then I'll star my White scramble. Once I finish, I'll start this on Platinum.

But I'll keep updating it.

HeartGold Scramble

Hey, Smogon!

I'm about to finally restart my HeartGold version for the first time since buying it roughly a year (or about 940 hours, according to my game clock) ago. Having played Pokemon for years and years, I want to do something new! By something new, I mean the Scramble Challange[sic]!

Well, enough of my life story. Here are my guidelines:

1. Please give me a starter to work with. Don't give me Totodile, because having one starter for 940 hours gets old after awhile.

2. Try and make it about medium difficulty. I don't want some chump challange, but I don't want some lunatic BS like lv. 50 magikarps either.

3. Be creative! Feel free to use themes or whatever.

4. Don't give me pokemon that must be traded, found on Pokewalker or can't be found until after E4. That's not cool.

5. Other than that, do whatever. Bring it on!

CURRENT TEAM:

1. Clefairy (Random) - Must learn and keep Metronome, can only evolve when Hyper Beam and all Hyper Beam ripoffs (Frenzy Plant, Rock Wrecker, etc.) have been used, must solo one E4 pokemon only using Metronome. If that fails, must solo Lance's strongest Dragonite w/o ice moves.

2. Chinchou (Fury) - Can only know attacking moves and can never switch out of battle. (Unless it conflicts with other requirements). Must solo Jasmine.

3. Machop (Quote) - Can only use moves known upon capture until the second, third, fifth and seventh gym badges are obtained, which each allow for one new move to be used. At any time, if Quote is able to defeat three trainers in a row without fainting or using a healing item/Pokemon center, he can exchange a move for a TM/HM OR evolve. This can be done multiple times. Must solo a Gym Leader and three E4 pokemon.

4. Aipom (Fingers) - Cannot use any physical move until it learns Double Hit, and three of its moves must be the same type (because it has three fingers, trololol) Cannot evolve until Chuck is beaten. Once it evolves, name become 2Fingers and must have the moveset Double Hit, Rain Dance, Sunny Day and Hyper Beam. Must set up both weathers during each E4 battle. Can replace one move after receiving 9th, 11th, 12th and 14th badges respectively.

5. Shuckle (PVTShuckle) - Must be bred from Cianwood Shuckle. Cannot ever attack another Shuckle. From level 1-10, it is name PVTShuckle and cannot fight bug-types. From 11-30 it is named SGTShuckle and must fight every bug he sees. From 31-50 it is 1STGShuckle and it must fight every Flying, Bug and Steel type it sees, and cannot fight against Fire or Rock Types. From 51-100, it is SMAShuckle (is the 'smash' a coincidence?) After beating the game, it becomes RTDShuckle and all restrictions are lifted except for fighting other Shuckle as well as Fire and Rock Types. (Damn.)

6. Chikorita (Brick) - Must have +Defense nature. Must keep Reflect when it learns it and can't evolve until it does. Must solo Chuck in order to evolve to Meganium. If it resists an enemy pokemon, it must come in and use reflect (unless it conflicts with other requirements)

MoreThanBored, take Random the Clefairy. It must learn and keep the move Metronome. It can only evolve if Metronome has used all Hyper Beam variants(Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Rock Wrecker, Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, and Blast Burn). It must solo one E4 Pokemon using only Metronome. If it fails to do so, it must solo Lance's strongest Dragonite without using ice attacks. Have fun:)

MoreThanBored, take Random the Clefairy. It must learn and keep the move Metronome. It can only evolve if Metronome has used all Hyper Beam variants(Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Rock Wrecker, Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, and Blast Burn). It must solo one E4 Pokemon using only Metronome. If it fails to do so, it must solo Lance's strongest Dragonite without using ice attacks. Have fun:)
Sounds like a wild time :D Random is the first party member.

@MoreThanBored

You get SPARKY, Ritchie's Pikachu from the anime. Moveset is Agility, Thunderbolt, ThunderShock, and Thunder. In gym battles, it must use ThunderShock before it can use Thunderbolt or Thunder. Cannot hold Light Ball and cannot evolve. Cannot use a damaging move against a Ground-type or a Pokémon with Volt Absorb or Motor Drive, even if it has a non-Electric attack.

-------------

New hint for Platinum theme scramble!

HINTS:

Hint #1: It will be a themed scramble of Platinum.
Hint #2: I will be using 4 Pokémon, each themed after a character from a certain video game I have played.
Hint #3: The game the characters are themed after isn't too complex, but it is advanced. (Yes, this means Game Boy Advance.)
Hint #4: It is not a Zelda game.
Hint #5: You can't grasp the form of this challange... it hurts...

The first person (besides those I have told in advance) that guesses the video game and characters correctly (via a PM to me, so this thread isn't spammed) will get to assign one of the Pokémon. Given that a large number of people on this thread don't spell that well, I'll accept misspellings.

You may now PM me with guesses. Maximum 2 guesses per person.

Incorrect guesses so far:

Pika25 guessed the four Links from Zelda: Four Swords Adventures after 2 hints were given. That is incorrect.

MoreThanBored, fellow Cave-Story fan, you get a Machop named Quote.

In the beginning of Cave Story, Quote has amnesia, and can only use the Polar Star.
Similarly, your Machop can only use the attacks he knows when you catch him. (He can learn others, he just can't use them)
However, as he progresses through the game, he learns to use other attacks, just as Quote learns to use other weapons.

When you get your second gym badge, Quote finds the Missile Launcher and can use one new move.
When you get your third gym badge, Quote receives the Fireball and can use one new move.
When you get your fifth gym badge, Quote receives the Blade from King, and can use one new move.
Finally, when you get your seventh gym badge, Quote receives the Super Missile Launcher after defeating Balrog (My avatar can beat up your avatar) and can use one new move.

At any time, you can go on a side-quest and obtain a sweet new weapon/ability.
You must solo three trainers in a row without fainting, visiting a Pokémon center, or using healing items.
After that, you either can evolve OR learn a single TM or HM.
Quote cannot evolve or learn a TM/HM without completing a new side-quest.

To prove himself, rescue Curly, complete a very lengthy chain of sidequests, and save the day, Quote must solo one gym leader and at least three Pokémon in the elite four.

@MoreThanBored

You get SPARKY, Ritchie's Pikachu from the anime. Moveset is Agility, Thunderbolt, ThunderShock, and Thunder. In gym battles, it must use ThunderShock before it can use Thunderbolt or Thunder. Cannot hold Light Ball and cannot evolve. Cannot use a damaging move against a Ground-type or a Pokémon with Volt Absorb or Motor Drive, even if it has a non-Electric attack.
Thanks, even if Pikachu are a bit cliche XD

Does the name have to be in all caps?

MoreThanBored, fellow Cave-Story fan, you get a Machop named Quote.

In the beginning of Cave Story, Quote has amnesia, and can only use the Polar Star.
Similarly, your Machop can only use the attacks he knows when you catch him. (He can learn others, he just can't use them)
However, as he progresses through the game, he learns to use other attacks, just as Quote learns to use other weapons.

When you get your second gym badge, Quote finds the Missile Launcher and can use one new move.
When you get your third gym badge, Quote receives the Fireball and can use one new move.
When you get your fifth gym badge, Quote receives the Blade from King, and can use one new move.
Finally, when you get your seventh gym badge, Quote receives the Super Missile Launcher after defeating Balrog (My avatar can beat up your avatar) and can use one new move.

At any time, you can go on a side-quest and exchange one of your current moves for a TM/HM.
You must solo three trainers in a row without fainting, visiting a Pokémon center, or using healing items.
After that, you can learn a single TM or HM OR evolve.
Quote cannot learn a TM/HM or evolve without completing a new side-quest.

To prove himself, rescue Curly, complete a very lengthy chain of sidequests, and save the day, Quote must solo one gym leader and at least three Pokémon in the elite four.
Gee, you must've took a while to think of this one, huh?

I don't normally use Machop, but I gotta take this one for creativity!

btw, I never traded the Blade for the Nemesis. I didn't know how to get it... er... I mean I kept it for the sentimental value. Yeah, that's it.

Now I've got three pokemon for my Scramble, minus one for a starter that isn't Totodile. So two. Try and come up with slightly more obscure or hard-to-find pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)