Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Wow. I'm loving this user 18! I really like the more realistic approach, with a lot of extra dialogue added in and such. KEEP THIS COMING!

Oh yea, SEND IN YOUR VOTES FOR THE SCRAMBLE AWARDS!!!!!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey everyone.

Who remembers the infamous Cheri Berry Zubat? Who remembers that I was the first to receive it?

Yes, I pulled Ruby out from the depths of hell my game drawer. Should I post my progress or just forget about it since it's so old?

Hey everyone.

Who remembers the infamous Cheri Berry Zubat? Who remembers that I was the first to receive it?

Yes, I pulled Ruby out from the depths of hell my game drawer. Should I post my progress or just forget about it since it's so old?
You should post it. After all, it's never too late until the bell rings.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. I'm going to try and keep up the same level of quality in future updates, but no guarantees. My life is busy.

Damn user, that was really well done. I like the way you've adapted the world in the game to be more realistic (though of course there's no really logical way to explain some of the crap in them :P). I especially like the earthquakes idea. Suddenly those ledges and the lack of clear pathways make sense! I just can't wait to see how you explain away the fence maze on route 13... :P

Arcticblast, the choice is yours, but I think I speak for everyone here when I say we'd love to read whatever updates you feel motivated to post. Updates have really become one of the most fun parts of this thread in recent months, and no one is going to resent there being another available!

And for the obligitory update on how mine is coming on... well I've been procrastinating again, but I do have all the grinding done. Asside from one more little thing, I should be able to do the gyms all in one night and get the chapter up tomorrow or so. Sorry for the delays.

Been WAY too long since I posted in the thread, I blame college.

@lkk, take a Croconaw named Hitman. This Croconaw has not yet proven himself worthy of being a great battler, and must prove himself in his journey. He has several tasks to fulfill, which are split into multiple league's of difficulty...

Easy difficulty
1. Solo 1 Pokemon with Rage
2. Survive a STAB SE attack
3. Attack your teammate with a damaging move, then win the battle

Moderate difficulty
1. Solo 1 trainer
2. Solo a Pokemon using only NVE moves
3. Knock a Shadow Pokemon to red health in one attack

Hard Difficulty
1. Solo 1 trainer with multiple Electric/Grass Pokemon
2. OHKO a Pokemon at a higher level
3. Stay out for the entire first battle against Venus without fainting

IWBTG difficulty
1. Survive 10 turns against 2 Electric/Grass Pokemon with no items
2. Solo 1 boss AND catch their Shadow Pokemon
3. Solo 1 trainer with Torrent activated

When soloing a trainer, all other Pokemon must be in the PC. Rematches and Mt. Battle fights (Except when you visit it as part of story mode) do not count for solo's because iirc they'll be way lower leveled then your team. For each difficulty level you fully complete, you may replace 1 move with a move of your choice; otherwise you cannot change his moveset from the initial Rage/Water Gun/Scary Face/Bite. Good luck!

Chapter 2's going up now. It's almost twice as long as the first. If there are any inconsistencies in the writing, let me know, and I'll try to fix them. I have a basic idea of where I want to take this story, so everything's not supposed to make sense yet.

Comments on the new chapter?

EDIT: If anyone wants the actual battle log against Brock, I have it available. End-of-Chapter summary is coming soon.

Alright, I'll get this out of the way first.

CHAPTER 8 OF MY BLUE SCRAMBLE UP!

So yeah, I finally got around to it and man do I ever do a lot this chapter. I have one challenge for you guys reading it... count how many bugs attempt to abuse this chapter!

As for KS and User 18's updates... well let's go one at a time

KS, I don't know how the hell you got away from Flannery without getting nailed by an Overheat, but Kudos to you! Seems like after next chapter Wrath will be the only Pokemon you haven't obtained yet, but I knew it'd be a while when I gave him to you. Also... you like exclamation marks a lot don't you?

User 18... well damn, this is really well thought out and quite well written. I won't go calling it perfect but it's definitely an interesting spin on the way updates are done. I would like to point out that it seems a bit odd to me that there's a type display at the museum... just seems like an odd place. Maybe at the Gym instead somewhere? But really, overall it's really cool and I like the foreshadowing about Pokemon death. Clearly, this is going to become a theme later on. It's a shame that you started this too late to be nominated for the current Scramble Awards. You'd've stood a very good chance of taking the best updates category!

Whoah, awesome updates everyone!
King Serperior, nice to read as always. Only 3 team members, but that makes the battle even more epic.
user 18, that is just incredible. I love the fanfic style, its a nice break from the amusing ones of basically everyone else.
Jimera0, amazing as usual. I can't wait for some epic E4 battles!

First things first. Jimera and KS, great updates.

Jimera, my vision for the museum was that it was like the Smithsonian, in that it was not only a museum, but a research centre and a point of display for the results of research by them and others. What would you recommend I change to make this clearer? Without giving too much away, I can say that this interpretation is important in the next update, so if you or anyone else has suggestions of a point to make during chapter 2, that would be very much appreciated.

First things first. Jimera and KS, great updates.

Jimera, my vision for the museum was that it was like the Smithsonian, in that it was not only a museum, but a research centre and a point of display for the results of research by them and others. What would you recommend I change to make this clearer? Without giving too much away, I can say that this interpretation is important in the next update, so if you or anyone else has suggestions of a point to make during chapter 2, that would be very much appreciated.
Well if it's a research center, then show the staff doing some researching! If you were to show that they were also researching stuff (pokemon in particular, otherwise the type chart will still look out of place) then it would establish what goes on in the museum without having to tell people directly.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter, sounds like you have some interesting ideas!

Reserving for nJoyUrAIDs.

Take Noone the ___. It can be whatever pokemon you want.

It has to solo all other Pokemon of it's type, barring restrictions, and must solo any Gym Leader that is not already soloed.

Have fun!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
nJoyUrAIDs, have fun in the Safari Zone; I give you DeadWeight the Chansey.

As its name suggests, DeadWeight is nothing more than a mere dead weight on your team, for after spending so many hours just to bag one, you realise that it's crap. That is, it can only learn/use Physical Attacking moves full stop. (Physical as in Gen IV & beyond Physical, so no Hyper Beam or Hidden Power for you...)
Now, I realise this is completely unfair, so there are ways of (ironically) making DeadWeight "less-deadweight". How? Simple. Each Time it solos 10 Non-Vs. Seeker rematched trainers, you are allowed to teach it ONE (1) Non-Special move of your choice. As a side restriction, If you catch one holding a Lucky Egg, you are allowed to teach it ONE (1) Non-Special move of your choice right away.

Have fun.

sorry I didn't post earler about difficulty but i want a difficult challenge with no trading
oh yeah and i want one surfer and one flyer and one starter as well but that will be all

ok so far i have SCLG007NJA the squirtle
Mr. Derp the Rhyhorn
and Deadweight the Chansey
and Worthless the Pikachu
and two people that reserved

^ok, looks like Random is not tough enough (all "Random" challenges are mid-diffiulty)

I'll edit in a "tougher one".

Ok, here it is: take Mr. Derp the Rhyhorn.

Why is Such a good mon a Derp?

Well, you have to deal with these issues:

1). No STAB.
2). All Special ASAP!
3). Cannot evolve until you reach the E4!
4). X-Items are a no.
5). Solo rival after Gym 8.
6). You know what? Solo Blaine also.
7). Item choice determines last restriction:
A). Thunder, Fire, Water Stone: cannot use moves of the Fire, water, or electric type.
B). Nugget: Attract. Must use if possible first.
C). Berry: Toxic. Cannot use unless other moves were used first.

Yep, I'm a dead liar. Scramble update won't be going up today, sorry guys. I haven't been in the mood for playing LG lately, and I always make my updates while I play, so...

Also, reserving for nJoyUrAIDs, a starter.

@nJoyUrAIDs: Take a starter, and nickname it SCLG007NJA. To decide what starter you get roll a die.

1, 5: Bulbasaur
2, 6: Charmander
3, 4: Squirtle

No matter what you get, the restrictions are the same. With all of these dead weights you have on your team, some pokemon has to do something. These is where your starter comes in. Whatever major battle (Gym Leader, Elite 4, Champion, Rival Battle, Battle against Giovanni) isn't taken by another pokemon, your starter has to solo. I mean, someone has to do it, right? And by the way, no X items or status or HM moves of any kind. Also, any STAB move must be below 80 base power. Good luck!

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Le reserve. If possible. Your surfer, perchance?

(Also sorry I suck at updating at the moment. School stuff and I kind of got obsessed with CAP for a few days... woops.)

EDIT: I'm sorry, Biscuits. ;_; I was going to tell you not to bother changing it but you already had. Annnnnnnnd Zipo is going to give the starter as well. I'm just going to wait until this clears up before posting anything more.

Okay! So Zipo's starter challange has left you with no HM moves, so I'll be giving you your surf-mon.

Go ahead and get you one of them fancy Tentacools and name it BlueRibbon, like that there alcoholic beverage. Here's your restrictions:

1) Make sure BlueRibbon has Liquid Ooze. This shouldn't take too long given how common Tentacool are. Zipo's really mean and wants to make your poor Squirtle solo Erika because no one else has to. Too bad! Have Blue Ribbon solo Erika. Liquid Ooze should make this easy mode. I'm a nice guy.

1a) If you truly want a harder challenge, make sure BlueRibbon has Clear Body before soloing Erika. Be warned, as this will come into play more in restriction four.

2) Drugs? They're great. BlueRubbon must always know Acid. They also sometimes make you hallucinate. Teach it Double Team. BlueRibbon hates to be unfair, so if Surf is super effective you must wear it down with Acid until it's in the yellow range before you can use Surf.

3) You get Surf, of course.

4) Want to evolve to Tentacruel? Not so fast, buddy. When you can evolve into Tentacruel will depend on the beauty of luck. Go to a RNG and set the values to between one [1] and seven [7]. These correspond to the level-up moves that Tentacool learns in FRLG by level 38. Once you roll your number, open this hide tag.
1: Corresponds to Poison Sting. You lucky bastard! Tentacool learns Poison Sting naturally and as such you may evolve into Tentacruel at level 30 as per normal.
2: Corresponds to Supersonic. Hey! You're soloing Erika, yes? Use Double Team to get up to +6 evasion and then use Supersonic to make her final Pokemon (probably Vileplume) KO itself. Then you can evolve to Tentacruel.
3: Corresponds to Constrict. As the name implies, the restrictions for Constrict are by far the most strict. Only evolve to Tentacruel if you solo the entirety of Erika's Gym while below level 30. You'll want Liquid Ooze for this.
4: Corresponds to Acid. Drugs are great! Pump every Vitamin you ever come across into Tentacruel as a side-effect of letting it evolve.
5: Corresponds to Bubblebeam. Evolve to Tentacruel if you can OHKO one of the trainers in Blaine's Gym with a Bubblebeam. As a Tentacool.
6: Corresponds to Wrap. Let passive Wrap damage kill off ten poor Pokemon before evolving.
7: Corresponds to Barrier. Ouch. You can only evolve into Tentacruel if you sacrifice a moveslot. This can't be Acid or Double Team or Surf, so sorry about whatever coverage move you were using.

5) Whenever BlueRibbon is facing a Pokemon that is Yellow, it assumes they are Electric, just like that Pikachu you own. As such, it is under the effects of Taunt EXCEPT in Erika's Gym.

6) Whenever your Tentacool evolves it becomes even more of a sleazebag, but it isn't a hardcore teen partier anymore. As such, rename it SlimySteve. He probably lives in the gutter. You're a horrible Trainer. You monster.

I realize this could probably be much harder but you've got quite a few lamers on your team so this is more mid-level than difficult...

@nJOYurAIDs: Difficult? Take Worthless the Pikachu. This Pikachu is quite worthless, simply enough. He always tries to prove his worth and must never run away from a fight he finds himself in. He must use two status moves before using an attacking move because he's too worried that he'll mess up. The first boost in self worth is when he solos both Misty (without STAB) and Brock to prove that he's not worthless. If he faints during a match, he cannot be revived until you WALK to the nearest Pokemon Center. You must teach him all TM moves for him to be satisfied. After you've completed the above and if, by any chance, you didn't have him faint ONCE by the time you complete the fifth gym, then rename him Something the Raichu. He's finally proven that he's worth SOMETHING to you. He can only use physical moves to prove how wonderful he is and he still must use two status moves before attacking. Protect does NOT count as a status move, and if he faints before you complete the fifth gym, he can't evolve into Something. Have fun and good luck.

EDIT: I saw Mafeking's reservation. I'll change the Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)